Cheering on Liverpool - 2017/18 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate City more than I hate Liverpool so I’m delighted they’re getting smacked and hopefully this is the start of a shit phase for them and they get knocked out of everything over the next few months.

There are a lot of people on this forum who hate Liverpool more than they love United and believe a prerequisite for being a United fan is to hate Liverpool just as much, it’s pathetic.

The vast majority of people here were not even alive during the Liverpool glory years so are not going to have the same level of hate as the old folk on here. City and Chelsea are more of a threat to United these days so I hate them even more than I hate Liverpool.

The fact that I wasn't around during the Liverpool glory years doesn't mean I'm not still surrounded by Liverpool fans. Whereas outside of Manchester nobody gives a feck about City. As far as I'm concerned Liverpool will always be our main rivals, not least when they're actually able to dislodge us from our current position.

What if they lose this match and react by increasing their offer for Sanchez?
Then it's Sanchez is to decide. Money or money.

On serious note. if they player is not that motivated to join us on equal offer, then I wouldn't be bothered where he goes.
We’ve got Mourinho to thank for that, he set up defensive.

City are very much beatable if teams attack them they really aren’t all that defensively.
Countless teams were put to the sword by City playing that way.

Before L'pool took the lead at 2-1, City was controlling the game thus having every chance to. Remember L'pool got a bit of luck with City defenders' feck up or this could have been a very close game. Did we lose because City attack or our own feck up

Edit: at the moment 4-3. There is a reason L'pool taking the lead is not a guarantee them winning the game.

My mother asked who i wanted to win, i said a draw and around 27 injuries would be nice :lol:

Before anyone takes offence, i was joking about the draw. Joke, lol.

I have seen it of course just like I have seen many bullshit stories in the past 20 years.
Ah. Yeah definitely looks genuine, especially considering mourinhos comments. Still no guarantee that we get him over City but we are apparently favourites. Will be decided in the next few days I assume, but he's definitely leaving.

The fact that I wasn't around during the Liverpool glory years doesn't mean I'm not still surrounded by Liverpool fans. Whereas outside of Manchester nobody gives a feck about City. As far as I'm concerned Liverpool will always be our main rivals, not least when they're actually able to dislodge us from our current position.
And that’s your situation so that’s fine. I just don’t like others telling people they’re not real United fans if they hate any other team more than they hate Liverpool.

Before anyone takes offence, i was joking about the draw. Joke
Well, i wanted the draw. Actually a decent result, i mean Liverpool would have lost 2 pts and City would not get 3, to make their lead embarrassing.

Thank feck Liverpool held on. But, that was some comeback attempt by City, and that's why they are so far ahead, they keep going, they are mentally a very strong team.

And that’s your situation so that’s fine. I just don’t like others telling people they’re not real United fans if they hate any other team more than they hate Liverpool.
It's not about top red. It's the traditional rivalry between the clubs. You can't just pick whoever you dislike more personally in this case.

It’s not the best result for us but City going the season unbeaten would have been horrendous.

Don’t know what’s wrong with wanting Liverpool to win on this occasion. At the very least we should be getting a draw vs Stoke at home ffs. Have some confidence.

Liverpool haven't lost a game since losing 4-1 to Spurs on the 22nd of October. Them beating City might give them a huge boost to continue this run, which worries me. Hopefully the lack of Coutinho will hurt them in the long run.

Well, i wanted the draw. Actually a decent result, i mean Liverpool would have lost 2 pts and City would not get 3, to make their lead embarrassing.

I think you missed my joke :lol:

It’s not the best result for us but City going the season unbeaten would have been horrendous.

It clearly is the best result if the club haven't given up on the title. I know it looks 99% likely to be City, but a few more slip ups like today and we're back in it.

We just need to finalize the details of the Sanchez transfer and the grand plan will come together.

Win the league we will!

People on this thread worried about Liverpool overtaking us. :lol::lol::lol:
Those last 10 minutes ought to have allayed your fears. I'm glad City got beat. Especially loved it when that cnut Ederson conceded the 4th goal trying to pass out from there. Can't stand him or his tattooed neck. Liverpool will always be Liverpool and will probably drop points against Swansea or someone like that.
Who knows maybe losing Sanchez and a game in the same week makes Baldy have an aneurysm. A guy can hope:smirk::devil:

Agreed. Been a Utd fan over 35 years, pre-SAF glory years, yet I still get people saying I'm not a real Utd fan because I like the football Liverpool play. Twats.

It’s less about cheering on Liverpool, but rather acknowledging that they had the balls to play their own game.

No wants Liverpool to catch us. We should be looking ahead of us not behind. Closing the gap had we win tomorrow hopefully is good.

After '83 i was

1. A motherfecking PROPHET
2. filthy rich

Fecks sake liverpool :(

Still, i was almost spot on about this game, just didn't account for liverpool's sheer idiocy

Redcafe has gone to the dogs. Having opinions is one thing. But, it's Liverpool we're talking about.

Even from a logical standpoint, you'd have wanted them to lose today. Fat chance of overthrowing City at this point. But instead people supported Pool. Just wow.

If we lose tomorrow, then in the next round of games there's a realistic chance of us going down to 5th.

Redcafe has gone to the dogs. Having opinions is one thing. But, it's Liverpool we're talking about.

Even from a logical standpoint, you'd have wanted them to lose today. Fat chance of overthrowing City at this point. But instead people supported Pool. Just wow.

If we lose tomorrow, then in the next round of games there's a realistic chance of us going down to 5th.

Sorry but Man City needed to lose.

The only thing I didn't enjoy about the game is that it reminded me how cowardly José is in the big games. If we went for it we could potentially have classic wins like this again. I mean, we had a classic against Arsenal, but in that one we did go at them to begin with and reaped the rewards, which is rare. Hopefully, if we land Alexis, we'll be more inclined to attack in the near future.
After '83 i was

1. A motherfecking PROPHET
2. filthy rich

Fecks sake liverpool :(

Still, i was almost spot on about this game, just didn't account for liverpool's sheer idiocy
That's the one thing you can bank on!

No wants Liverpool to catch us. We should be looking ahead of us not behind. Closing the gap had we win tomorrow hopefully is good.
Closing the gap? :lol: For us to overtake City, we’d have to win every one of our remaining 16 matches and hope City lose four out of 15 when they’ve lost one out of 23 previously.

I'd understand supporting Liverpool if it meant it helped us in anyway at all but all United fans cheering on a Liverpool team who just went level with us is just utterly and completely bizarre.

Those last 10 minutes ought to have allayed your fears. I'm glad City got beat. Especially loved it when that cnut Ederson conceded the 4th goal trying to pass out from there. Can't stand him or his tattooed neck. Liverpool will always be Liverpool and will probably drop points against Swansea or someone like that.
Who knows maybe losing Sanchez and a game in the same week makes Baldy have an aneurysm. A guy can hope:smirk::devil:
:lol:

Why is it so strange ? I mean they have finished ahead of us last season no ? They are very close to us now no ?

And Pool didn't?

No because Liverpool will mess up time and time again as was nearly proven again in this game. City needed to be stopped, the hype was sickening. It’s really just logic, you need to look past emotion.

Wanted both to lose so couldnt care, for those about finding weird some people cheering vs City, well if you dont want us to be below Liverpool on the table, then guess we should win more points then them. All this "hope X team drop points" so we have exact what? Big enough gap so we can screw things up without worry? Being able to not show up in games and drop points? Not sure i understand 100% that PoV.

Yeah I'm worried about the team who's level on points with us overtaking us. We also have Burnley and Spurs away coming up while they got easy games. Also, not like Liverpool finished above us just last season and have a far superior attack to ours, no?

Closing the gap? :lol: For us to overtake City, we’d have to win every one of our remaining 16 matches and hope City lose four out of 15 when they’ve lost one out of 23 previously.
12 Pts had we win tomorrow, Still 15 games to play for, and I said closing the gap, the part of overtaking them might come but not yet.

No because Liverpool will mess up time and time again as was nearly proven again in this game. City needed to be stopped, the hype was sickening. It’s really just logic, you need to look past emotion.
If the hype was annoying, don't read newspapers and tweets? The invincible thing is just a pat on the back. It's purely circumstantial. Having a gold plated title is as bad as a 4th place bus parade. None should pay attention to that.

Yeah I'm worried about the team who's level on points with us overtaking us. We also have Burnley and Spurs away coming up while they got easy games. Also, not like Liverpool finished above us just last season and have a far superior attack to ours, no?

The signing of Sanchez will go a long way to altering that viewpoint. We're also significantly better defensively than Liverpool.

We just need to finalize the details of the Sanchez transfer and the grand plan will come together.

Win the league we will!

The league, we will win.

12 Pts had we win tomorrow, Still 15 games to play for, and I said closing the gap, the part of overtaking them might come but not yet.

Let's dream a little...

We get Sanchez, and somehow win all of our remaining fixtures. We'll end up at 95 points.

City collapse after being found out. All teams organise a high press following Liverpool's example. Silva keeps staying out and De Bruyne completely loses his form. With us beating them at Emptihad only 9 points differ. City record 10-2-2 in their remaining 14 games and end up at 94 points. :drool:

Let's dream a little...

We get Sanchez, and somehow win all of our remaining fixtures. We'll end up at 95 points.

City collapse after being found out. All teams organise a high press following Liverpool's example. Silva keeps staying out and De Bruyne completely loses his form. With us beating them at Emptihad only 9 points differ. City record 10-2-2 in their remaining 14 games and end up at 94 points. :drool:

Never underestimate the power of positive thinking. I live by it ;)

If the hype was annoying, don't read newspapers and tweets? The invincible thing is just a pat on the back. It's purely circumstantial. Having a gold plated title is as bad as a 4th place bus parade. None should pay attention to that.

Perception means a lot in football. Opposition teams will go into future games with a little more belief.

What if we didn't lose tomorrow and because City lost this game the wheels came off and they drop a load of points. Would you still have this "top red" attitude towards everyone else who wants that scenario to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.