Cheering on Liverpool - 2017/18 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate City more than I hate Liverpool so I’m delighted they’re getting smacked and hopefully this is the start of a shit phase for them and they get knocked out of everything over the next few months.

There are a lot of people on this forum who hate Liverpool more than they love United and believe a prerequisite for being a United fan is to hate Liverpool just as much, it’s pathetic.

The vast majority of people here were not even alive during the Liverpool glory years so are not going to have the same level of hate as the old folk on here. City and Chelsea are more of a threat to United these days so I hate them even more than I hate Liverpool.

And to think theres some Utd fans slating Mourinho for grabbing a point at anfield earlier this season....

This.

In fact, you know there will be less fallout against Pep for not realising this was exactly what Liverpool would do than there was for Jose counter-acting that pressing threat.

Come on man, of course the dippers deserve credit for playing with determination and high intensity. But much more than them using brilliant tactics, this result is down to a poor attempt at goalkeeping for the 1-0 and John Stones being a walking parody on a proper defender.

It’s not brilliant tactics it is the same tactics they have used all season.
The same ones they used when they got thumped by city earlier in the season.
The same they used against us when we drew 0-0 at anfield.
There is no great change here. Their average players are game raisers and always have been against big sides. Today they performed well but there hasn’t been any change to how they have played all season.
The way city play is exactly what suits Liverpool and when their average players play well they will dominate most teams who play that way.
This is why Jose played deep against them to completely negate their attack. It is why they have dropped points against burnley and Everton who have done the same.
Today is no surprise or tactical masterclass, literally everything clicked for them. Super result for them.

Top six as it stands. Just one more goal for Liverpool...:

t03JLRw.png

Edit: Liverpool's goal thing didn't update. Currently 54:26
Remarkable how they're now level with us. We had such a terrible run of games after that City draw until the end of the year. 2 wins, 3 draws (in a row), 1 loss.

I hate City more than I hate Liverpool so I’m delighted they’re getting smacked and hopefully this is the start of a shit phase for them and they get knocked out of everything over the next few months.

There are a lot of people on this forum who hate Liverpool more than they love United and believe a prerequisite for being a United fan is to hate Liverpool just as much, it’s pathetic.

The vast majority of people here were not even alive during the Liverpool glory years so are not going to have the same level of hate as the old folk on here. City and Chelsea are more of a threat to United these days so I hate them even more than I hate Liverpool.
So wanting the team that is one of our biggest competitors to finish in the top four to lose means we hate Liverpool more than we love United? What bullshit. Wanting Liverpool to lose this game is being logical. Cheering Liverpool on to be second in the league isn't.

Not that cheer with Liverpool thing, some including me just want see City lose. Finishing second in our hands but we aiming for closing the gap with City, no?

City defence still nowt special it seems - most other teams have just rolled over this season against them believing the hype -Liverpool prooving if you press and go at them the weaknesses are still there.

This isn't good for us at all. I'm sure i'm not the only United fan fearing a top 4 struggle. Tottenham and Scouse looking good now. I want a convincing win against Stoke and not some flimsy 1-0 win or something. If Sanchez comes then that would also be reassuring.

If we are not good enough for top 4 - we are not good enough for top 4 and should stop talking like a top team.

Liverpool have been excellent today, there is no doubt about it. On the one hand I didn't want Liverpool to win because they are our biggest rivals for 2nd IMO but at the same time the ass kissing of the press to Pep has been unbearable lately and this will bring them back to earth a little.

Well you sure think like one.

If you mean in terms wanting the club I love to be successfull in every way then yes,I am a glory hunter.

I've supported United since I kid, lad. I'd follow 'em in to the conference if that's what it took.

Much as it's not even a good result for our league position (unless you're unrealistically optimistic), and I can never enjoy a Liverpool win in any situation, I can't help but find the last few minutes very funny.
I guess it's good to know that somewhere, deep down, City are still City.

Funny?! Christ. It’s been excruciating. Yet another week avoiding all football coverage in the press, while journos wanks themselves into a coma over a team I despise. City’s plaudits have been painful enough this season. And now this. FML.

So wanting the team that is one of our biggest competitors to finish in the top four to lose means we hate Liverpool more than we love United? What bullshit. Wanting Liverpool to lose this game is being logical.
I’m not just talking about this game, it’s consistent. If we were level on points with city and Liverpool were 10th there’d still be some people who’d want Liverpool to lose. I’m not saying you’re one of those people, but there are some.

I'm strangely not as bothered by this scoreline as I thought I'd be, yes Liverpool fans will speak about this result for decades to come but it's good to know City aren't as untouchable as everyone thought. As for Liverpool this is classic them, a brilliant result like this could easily be followed by a defeat to Swansea

If their transfer strategy is so reactive that they decide to buy a player based on one result, maybe they’re doing things wrong after all.

And to think theres some Utd fans slating Mourinho for grabbing a point at anfield earlier this season....

This shows that Mourinho should be slated for the abysmal performance we put in against City earlier this season. We played like pussies.

Is the Sanchez thing serious ?
What do you mean? Of course we're a better side if we get Sanchez. Even if we don't, I'm confident of doing better then Liverpool until the end of the season in terms of consistency, so this game won't impact us too much. If anything, shows we aren't comfortably second so we have to stay focused and push on. Obviously we aren't too close to City, so if we look at this purely position in the table speaking then yeah we should want City to win. But feck that I don't want them to go unbeaten and be seen as the best premier league side ever with record point totals and all that.

What do you mean? Of course we're a better side if we get Sanchez. Even if we don't, I'm confident of doing better then Liverpool until the end of the season in terms of consistency, so this game won't impact us too much. If anything, shows we aren't comfortably second so we have to stay focused and push on. Obviously we aren't too close to City, so if we look at this purely position in the table speaking then yeah we should want City to win. But feck that I don't want them to go unbeaten and be seen as the best premier league side ever with record point totals and all that.
Wow.
You just answered to something I didn't even ask. I was asking if the club is seriously considering Sanchez that's it. What prompted the rest, I have no idea

If you mean in terms wanting the club I love to be successfull in every way then yes,I am a glory hunter.

I've supported United since I kid, lad. I'd follow 'em in to the conference if that's what it took.
I mean in terms you don't care what sort of brand of football a team plays.

No one is cheering them on. I hate Liverpool but there is an extra satisfaction to see City lose. We have absolutely no idea how this might affect them just because they haven't lost for some time. Perhaps mentally it will affect them. They are the only team currently above us and if positions were reversed I would want City to win.

Wow.
You just answered to something I didn't even ask. I was asking if the club is seriously considering Sanchez that's it. What prompted the rest, I have no idea
Oh I thought you meant like... am I serious in my suggestion of Sanchez and him improving us and the impact it'd have. More like a tongue in cheek "are you serious". How haven't you seen any of the Sanchez thread to ask if Sanchez is serious????

Happy to see The Best Team In Europe™ won't finish the season unbeaten. Also, as a United fan you've got to look up the table, not behind you. Happy with this result.

Oh I thought you meant like... am I serious in my suggestion of Sanchez and him improving us and the impact it'd have. More like a tongue in cheek "are you serious". How haven't you seen any of the Sanchez thread to ask if Sanchez is serious????
I have seen it of course just like I have seen many bullshit stories in the past 20 years.

Embarrassing how an inferior team like Liverpool can make city look average, while we cowered for most of the match at home, the thing is we looked threatening when we attacked them. Hopefully Mourinho takes note.

I’m just glad Van Dijk didn’t play, I swear he would’ve gotten all the credits. A week long drooling over how his presence on the pitch magically turned Pool into a top team and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.