Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

3-1 to Chelsea Hazard, Luiz and a Pique OG :lol::lol:

Card friendly ref to send off one player on each side. Conte to brawl with Barca support staff.

Guaranteed Messi won't score today. Sometimes blocks weigh in on your mind, I am sure he will be kept quiet. Expect him to play a blinder in the return leg.

I can see a score draw here. Barca will likely have a slender away goals advantage, but I don't see Chelsea losing regardless of recent form, Conte and their players will be too fired up to prove a point and salvage a draw at the least.

Chelsea have lost 4-1 to Watford and 3-0 to Bournemouth recently but I think they’ll step it up tonight. These games are usually great even when there aren’t a lot of goals so hopefully they can raise their game.

Poch definitely evolved beyond his tactical stubborness. Tottenham at full strength are a very dangerous team. They have looked dominant recently. I think they are really close to peaking now and next year. I hope they can keep their core together.

I also noticed a small change in Liverpool´s idea to defend leads lately. It was very visible against Southampton and Porto that they finally started to possess the ball with a lead. They made the other team chase the ball. They wore down the chasing team, waited for high-end openings and therefore created a massive amount of high quality chances. Against Southampton in the 2nd half they failed to convert. Against Porto they buried them all.

Before that they always continued their high-risk, fast, low percentage counterattacking style, which results in losing the ball immediately, inviting pressure and becoming the ballchaser again. Seems Klopp has finally realized that when you have already achieved the lead, it´s you that can let the ball do all the work for you. Make the other team chase it and demoralize them, till you have real openings. If that was not just a coincidence (small sample size two games), then it makes Liverpool more dangerous than a new keeper or central defender.
What!? :eek:

The sooner Kane goes to Real the better

I want Chelsea to win so that they'll be more stretched out in the league, and less of a threat to us finishing 2nd. On the other hand, I want Barca to win, so that they'll be more stretched out in the league and Atleti might be able to sneak up on them. Tough choice.

I want Chelsea to win so that they'll be more stretched out in the league, and less of a threat to us finishing 2nd. On the other hand, I want Barca to win, so that they'll be more stretched out in the league and Atleti might be able to sneak up on them. Tough choice.
How about Chelsea win and Messi gets banned for missing a drug test? :angel:

How about Chelsea win and Messi gets banned for missing a drug test? :angel:
I'd rather Barca be docked 15 points for some scandal or something. Wouldn't want Messi to miss any playing time. Him and Ronaldo need to play as much as they can, now that they're heading for their last few playing years.

I'd rather Barca be docked 15 points for some scandal or something. Wouldn't want Messi to miss any playing time. Him and Ronaldo need to play as much as they can, now that they're heading for their last few playing years.
That’s true, as much as I prefer Ronaldo, I’d rather Messi gets as much playing time as possible if what remains of his career

Eh up, Chelsea's ground staff have put air holes in the grass on the sides to disrupt Barca's fluidity. It's going to be bobbling up and everything. It's not on, that.
It’s called home advantage, they have no obligation to provide a perfect playing surface

Hopefully Barca smashes them, beating Barca means Chelsea will gain massive momentum. They will gain lot of confidence which will do wonders for them. Big trashing means there is a good chance their confidence will be low.

Absolutely loved the CL games last week. Best competition in the world :) Hoping tonights games live up to it. Think Bayern will steam roll Besiktas, going for a 3-0. Chelsea to hold on for a draw, so 1-1 or 2-2 I'll go for.

Hoping United at least get a goal tomorrow night. Would take a 2-1 or 1-0 win :)

FYI, Chelsea vs Barca and Sevilla vs Man Utd are both not being shown on TSN here in Canada. Unacceptable to be honest.

How can a united fan not support Chelsea in this. Do you guys really want to see Messi vs our defence??
Not sure if serious? What Chelsea Barcelona have anything to do with us? If we indeed meet Barcelona down the road and got undone by Messi so be it. We lsoe our game, that's it. Lesson learned and hopefully we look to strengthen the team. Chelsea Barcelona is their own bussiness

Hmm, what to hope for tonight. Obviously as a Utd fan I should want Chelsea to lose, but I don't like Barca very much either.

Who do you think Chelski fans would be cheering for if it was United v Barca?

FYI, Chelsea vs Barca and Sevilla vs Man Utd are both not being shown on TSN here in Canada. Unacceptable to be honest.

That’s fine because they’ll be shown on bein sports who do an excellent job with all the La Liga related teams

Personally I'm hoping for a late Iniesta winner after Chelsea are denied a feck load of penalties, because that will never stop being fun.

Personally I'm hoping for a late Iniesta winner after Chelsea are denied a feck load of penalties, because that will never stop being fun.

The biggest injustice in that game was Abidal getting sent off because Anelka fell over his own feet. Both Abidal and Fletcher missed the final that year because of two cheats in Anelka and Fabregas.

Not sure if serious? What Chelsea Barcelona have anything to do with us? If we indeed meet Barcelona down the road and got undone by Messi so be it. We lsoe our game, that's it. Lesson learned and hopefully we look to strengthen the team. Chelsea Barcelona is their own bussiness

We are in the same competition. I want Barca out. I don't care about lessons learned I want us to win and if we face Barcelona Messi will embarrass us like he has before only this time with a much weakened United side.

How can a united fan not support Chelsea in this. Do you guys really want to see Messi vs our defence??

Nope, can't bring myself to support other premier league teams in the CL. I know some do, I am just speaking for myself.

If we draw Barca in the later rounds, then that is a bridge we must cross eventually when we get to it, no problems.

I don't want to see Chelsea win. Don't forget we play them on Sunday and they are trying to get into the top 4. Getting spanked by Barcelona will dent their confidence big time. I hope Barcelona destroy them.

We are in the same competition. I want Barca out. I don't care about lessons learned I want us to win and if we face Barcelona Messi will embarrass us like he has before only this time with a much weakened United side.
I understand how fan prefer stronger team would be eliminated to boost our chance. However, it's contradictory in your hope. Chelsea ain't any better than us defensively and even attacking wise nowadays. If they can beat Barcelona, then I rather us do the job and enjoy CL the way it should be.

Nope, can't bring myself to support other premier league teams in the CL. I know some do, I am just speaking for myself.

If we draw Barca in the later rounds, then that is a bridge we must cross eventually when we get to it, no problems.

Fair enough. I am also a supporter of the premier league itself over other leagues so I like to see them do well. Maybe my logic is twisted and biased but since we are the leaders of the premier league, I like to show that we have won most trophies in a much more difficult competition than other leagues!

Come on Chelski, do English football and the Premier League proud.

Flag-St-George.gif

We don't want Chelsea going into our game with confidence.
4-0 to Barca will do.

I understand how fan prefer stronger team would be eliminated to boost our chance. However, it's contradictory in your hope. Chelsea ain't any better than us defensively and even attacking wise nowadays. If they can beat Barcelona, then I rather us do the job and enjoy CL the way it should be.

I don't think Chelsea are better than us but I do think they have on incredible individual in Hazard who can possibly change the game. We have that too with Pogba and Sanchez but if they can do it why not.

If we win the Champions league no one will care about Chelsea beating Barcelona or our run towards the league. Winning it would trump all!

It's a bridge we'll more likely get blown up on.

I don't really care how United do, but I truly hope Chelsea get slaughtered. 5-0 please.