Champions League Round of 16 (13th Feb - 14th Mar)

I don't think Chelsea are better than us but I do think they have on incredible individual in Hazard who can possibly change the game. We have that too with Pogba and Sanchez but if they can do it why not.

If we win the Champions league no one will care about Chelsea beating Barcelona or our run towards the league. Winning it would trump all!
I don't disagree, but it's not really worth rooting for Chelsea. It's small time IMO to do so (not that we don't hope for us to have bigger chance to win the CL)

It's a bridge we'll more likely get blown up on.

For all the not so good record Barcelona has with Chelsea, they're not so good against us in 2 leg tie either, so there is hope in case Chelsea can give a game to them

I just want Bayern to spank Besiktas. Their (bot) army of supporters are so annoying on forums and twitter. :cool:

We don't want Chelsea going into our game with confidence.
4-0 to Barca will do.
We don't want them to be cornered and being unpredicatble either, so let them being occupied by some hope for return leg. 0-0

I just want Bayern to spank Besiktas. Their (bot) army of supporters are so annoying on forums and twitter. :cool:
Bayern will destroy Besiktas like they destroyed Arsenal. They will win the CL with Heynckes and I hope to see another 7:1 against Barcelona. Barca will win tonight too. Chelsea has a really poor form.

I hope we can get a draw tomorrow or maybe even a win.

DWf7HGUWAAMX1kU.jpg

Rudy, Bernat and Thiago (just came back from injury) did not make the bench.

Ulreich
Kimmich - Boateng - Hummels - Alaba
Martinez - Vidal
Müller - James - Coman
Lewandowski​

Personally I'm hoping for a late Iniesta winner after Chelsea are denied a feck load of penalties, because that will never stop being fun.
lol i remember that match. That was one of the most obvious cases of rigging a match hoping to influence a certain result i have ever seen.

That ref surely cant have reffed again?
3 of the 4 were absolute stonewall, so blatant.

Rudy, Bernat and Thiago (just came back from injury) did not make the bench.

Ulreich
Kimmich - Boateng - Hummels - Alaba
Martinez - Vidal
Müller - James - Coman
Lewandowski​
What a great lineup. I hope Neuer is back soon.

Thiago played the last Bundesliga game so I am kinda surprised.

lol i remember that match. That was one of the most obvious cases of rigging a match hoping to influence a certain result i have ever seen.

That ref surely cant have reffed again?
3 of the 4 were absolute stonewall, so blatant.
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...chelsea-vs-barcelona-in-2009-champions-league

For him to come out now to admit "some errors", it's as rigged as it gets. I meant how can one continuously make big mistakes like that without having a second thought

Last edited:
P15 W5 D5 L5

Barca and Chelsea's record v each other. Barca have won once in 6 CL games at Stamford Bridge, lost 4 - but chelsea have not won at Nou Camp in 6 CL games. Drawn 4 and lost 2.

What a great lineup. I hope Neuer is back soon.

Thiago played the last Bundesliga game so I am kinda surprised.

I am not surprised. Jupp is very careful with injuries - and Thiago just came back. Jupp will not take a risk.

We have all field players available first time since 5 years.

Strange lineup for Chelsea.

Anyway that's one of the few times I cheer for Barca personally.

Good team from Chelsea. No big striker means they'll be looking to play possession football.

That Chelsea team - four really good players (Courtois, Azpi, Kante & Hazard), six system players and then Fabregas.

It’s one of those games that you start watching as a neutral but eventually will gear towards someone as the game goes by.

I can't see it but here's hoping Chelsea get a result tonight so they've got something to play for in the return leg. We could do with them coming to Old Trafford with one eye on the Nou Camp.

They're playing with Fabre and Kante in midfield. Fabre is pretty much useless on defensive side in this formation and Kante will be a one man midfield against the whole Barca midfield. Good luck.

Interesting to see how Barca play under Valverde - I haven't really followed them this season but they're obviously in great domestic form. For some reason I think Chelsea will frustrate them but no doubt they'll get spanked

I can't see it but here's hoping Chelsea get a result tonight so they've got something to play for in the return leg. We could do with them coming to Old Trafford with one eye on the Nou Camp.
On the flip side you could say that getting smashed by Barca would dent their confidence before Sunday. The Camp Nou game is 3 weeks or so away so I don't think that would be in their minds on Sunday.

Interesting to see how Barca play under Valverde - I haven't really followed them this season but they're obviously in great domestic form. For some reason I think Chelsea will frustrate them but no doubt they'll get spanked
Yes, frustration does often lead to a good spanking.
lol

After all the talk about who would start out of Giroud and Morata it turns out Conte doesn't have faith in either of them for this game. Ideally you'd want a striker to be playing but time will tell if that's the right call.

Weak team from Chelsea - baffling why Morata doesn't start.

Looks like Conte is going for the parking-the-bus approach and trying to nick a goal on the break. There will be no mention of it from the media, though.

Hope Chelsea get smashed tonight - they may very well do.

Not a single Englishman in that starting XI - not that it means much. :wenger: