Champions League 24/25 | Matchday 3: October 22-23

Looking forward to the Arsenal PSG game. I think Arsenal will walk all over them.

Salzburg might as well close down their club and just transfer all players to RB Leipzig's second team.

Few more good attacks from Stuttgart, but Spartak's defense is still solid.

I'm finding it extremely difficult to get excited by European football. The 'big' fixtures mean nothing because it takes you to place 25th to be out. Yes top 8 means 1 less round but that in of itself isn't enough to excite me personally. I think they've made a big mistake with this new setup and it'll only get interesting once the knock out stages are reached. Until then it's a bit of a snorefest IMO.

I'm finding it extremely difficult to get excited by European football. The 'big' fixtures mean nothing because it takes you to place 25th to be out. Yes top 8 means 1 less round but that in of itself isn't enough to excite me personally. I think they've made a big mistake with this new setup and it'll only get interesting once the knock out stages are reached. Until then it's a bit of a snorefest IMO.
Still better than Madrid,city,Bayern winning all 6 group matches against the same few teams every year

Agree, like the Euro's they're cramming extra games in but diluting the quality.

Yep. The format was perfect as it was, probably because it was so simple.

Yeah agree. If only the top 16 progressed it would be more interesting. UEFA need to learn that just adding more fixtures doesn’t make the competition better. They’re prioritising revenue and sacrificing the product.

Arsenal have started very well, but it's just making me sad we didn't get Neves this summer.

Timber looks good this season. Not sure on this PSG team. Where are the goals going to come from. There are mid table premier league teams with better front 3s

Last edited:
I'm already at the point where I'm impressed this clearly near non-league team even got a fairly decent early chance against City...

I'm already at the point where I'm impressed this clearly near non-league team even got a fairly decent early chance against City...
Shipped 5 to Celtic so think its fair to say they're in for a long group stage.

Timber with some excellent defending there. He will keep White out of the team

Donnarumma is pathetic in the air for a keeper who is as fecking massive as he is.

God remember when we used to play in Champions League and actually have a go? Instead of scraping top 4 and getting knocked out of the group stages.

How far this club has fallen is tragic

God remember when we used to play in Champions League and actually have a go? Instead of scraping top 4 and getting knocked out of the group stages.

How far this club has fallen is tragic
Couldn't you just go and have a nice all-purpose whinge about United in one of the hundred threads we've got for that?

Doesn't matter how Arsenal may be in the CL, PSG are absolute trash.