Casemiro (Out)

Have Saudi many any big moves this summer yet? Can’t think of any.

Can see them coming later in the window for Casemiro with a more modest fee.

Saudi transfer window opened yesterday. Will probably pick up.

I think he's a good player, but he's mentally checked out of having to play with the likes of McT as a partner, having to do defensive and link up work for 2 while the other one has set up a stall in the opponents area.
I’m hoping if we can’t offload him that we’re still able to sign a replacement and his form might return slightly if he’s a rotation option. Surely a fit Casemiro that isn’t playing 60 games a season can’t be as bad as the one we saw last season?

I'm merely speculating but maybe he wants to prove that he's still a world class footballer. i do wonder how he feels about his performance last season, there's every possibility that he wants to put that right. The offers he's had rule out any question of purely financial motivation.
Which offers has he had?

I can see us holding onto him until we get a midfielder in, even if its Amrabat on permanent.

At least thats what I hope anyway. Getting £30m for him would be a wonder deal given how quick he declined last season.

I can see us holding onto him until we get a midfielder in, even if its Amrabat on permanent.

At least thats what I hope anyway. Getting £30m for him would be a wonder deal given how quick he declined last season.

Given his wages and performance levels, honestly I'd be happy with anything over 15m pounds. The main priority should be getting him off the books and bringing in a more mobile, quality replacement.

That 4 year contract now looking 2 years too much - expensive squad player until 2026 it is then

That 4 year contract now looking 2 years too much - expensive squad player until 2026 it is then

The amortisation and wages of him, Antony and Sancho is going to be a big restriction in PSR terms for next couple of years on players who will warm the bench at best.

The amortisation and wages of him, Antony and Sancho is going to be a big restriction in PSR terms for next couple of years on players who will warm the bench at best.
Yep - over £200m in transfer fees and £750k a week on wages.

What a waste!

Was never any chance he'd walk away from United to play in a pub league this summer.

Maybe next summer if there's a 2-3 year deal on silly money available.

If we can't sell him, no biggie, his experience will help off the bench and with a proper setup, we can still get something out of him. He can't run a midfield by himself anymore, he needs legs around him and he defo ain't a CB in this league. Use him right and when needed and with his mentality, he's still an asset.

Unfortunately I don’t see him going anywhere. My feeling is he’ll run his contract down, he’d be stupid not too. On a crazy deal, same will happen for Sancho and Antony.

I'll admit that I'm not that bothered if we don't sell him this summer.

He struggled last season, but so did alot of players, and I'm not sure it's time to bin a player like this just yet personally.

Eriksen and then Mctominay are the two midfield players that we need to move on this summer.

Unfortunately I don’t see him going anywhere. My feeling is he’ll run his contract down, he’d be stupid not too. On a crazy deal, same will happen for Sancho and Antony.

he can get more money in Saudi easily

so surely the stupid option is to stay where he won't play as much and earn less?

It's one tweet lads. There will 100% be a Saudi team desperate enough once the transfer window progresses. They even bought Henderson.

he can get more money in Saudi easily

so surely the crazier option is to stay where he won't play as much and earn less?

I mean he’s on £350k a week here, sure Saudi will pay him more but a lot of the players that move tend to be on a lot less then that, he also doesn’t come across as someone who’s looking to move there. By all accounts if he was interested he could’ve moved last year.

I really hope we can offload him, same with Sancho, but just get this feeling we’ll be stuck with them. Atleast the positive is I don’t see the same mistakes being repeated by INEOS.

I'm surprised only Saudi clubs are interested. No other teams in Europe?

Yes he didnt have a great season, but the previous season he was one of our best players. In fact most of our team had a bad season 23/24.

I mean he’s on £350k a week here, sure Saudi will pay him more but a lot of the players that move tend to be on a lot less then that, he also doesn’t come across as someone who’s looking to move there. By all accounts if he was interested he could’ve moved last year.

I really hope we can offload him, same with Sancho, but just get this feeling we’ll be stuck with them. Atleast the positive is I don’t see the same mistakes being repeated by INEOS.

I reckon some Saudi team will offer him 500k a week and he'll get gently pushed in that direction. I agree he doesn't strike me as the type to want to go there, but he's not an idiot either and I believe the drive and pride to not stay where he isn't needed (+extra cash) will be stronger.

Agree on Sancho I think we're stuck with him, lets hope ETH can get a tune out of him but I doubt it.

I'm surprised only Saudi clubs are interested. No other teams in Europe?

Yes he didnt have a great season, but the previous season he was one of our best players. In fact most of our team had a bad season 23/24.

Yeah you would expect at least one Italian team. They are usually salivating when they can get their hands on older players on the decline.

Yeah you would expect at least one Italian team. They are usually salivating when they can get their hands on older players on the decline.
They are only interested if they can get the player for a pack of Rolos.

It actually kinda makes sense to move on Scott before Casemiro in my opinion. At least Casemiro could serve as a decent back-up DM in the scenario that we can’t shift. Scott, despite his good character and goals last year, is simply not the type of midfielder we want in midfield tactically. Scott out, Ugarte in, then if we can shift on Casemiro we go get another midfielder.

It actually kinda makes sense to move on Scott before Casemiro in my opinion. At least Casemiro could serve as a decent back-up DM in the scenario that we can’t shift. Scott, despite his good character and goals last year, is simply not the type of midfielder we want in midfield tactically. Scott out, Ugarte in, then if we can shift on Casemiro we go get another midfielder.
Mount is the supposed upgrade on McT anyway.

I think we keep Casemiro here for experience, 2 more years with Casemiro would be great for the whole squad.

Mainoo, Ugarte would benefit immensely from the way he trains, his combativeness on the field.

I'd move on McT if anything.

Keeping Casemiro would be insanity. Selling him for even just £5m would be a win.