Carlo Ancelotti | Real Madrid manager

So is he getting sacked tonight? I was led to believe that Real have this high standards that results such as today won't be accepted.

We can work on getting him as soon as they sack him.

He has enough credit in the bank and he's leaving at the end of the season i thought anyway.

If they finish 8th and win the Copa Del Rey, they may think about giving him a new contract.

I reckon he might be ok considering he's won a few trophies. Of course, nothing quite as prestigious as the Carabao Cup but still, there may perhaps be just enough credit in the bank.
Barca easily could have scored a couple more so the scoreline might have ended up something like 7-0. Surely they can't accept that kind of embarrassing results against their biggest rivals?

He isn't the manager you need for a rebuild.
He's the type of short term solution to get the best out of a squad you've already stupidly paid hundreds of millions on. This isnt so much a rebuild needed currently as to find someone who could have us scoring more than 7 goals in 9 matches.

Barca easily could have scored a couple more so the scoreline might have ended up something like 7-0. Surely they can't accept that kind of embarrassing results against their biggest rivals?
I'd take 7-0's every season if it meant winning the Champions League and the Premier League.

Real had chances also. It wasn't quite a 7-0 at Anfield or 5-0 (Ole) at Old Trafford.

(1.48 xG) vs (2.48 xG)
4 big chances vs 6 big chances

Real were unlucky with a few offsides as well. Barcelona deserved the win, but it was almost one of those near perfect nights. Apart from Lewandowski hitting the post, almost everything went in. Practically very offside trap worked. Perfect storm.

Ancelotti will likely lose his job at some stage this season. Life will go on for Real Madrid. They'll hire a new manager and go again.

I'd take 7-0's every season if it meant winning the Champions League and the Premier League.
Surely you'd not want to get embarrassed by your biggest rivals? Who cares about winning trophies. :nervous:

I'm only taking the piss by the way. The way some people go on about Real's high standards he should be getting sacked tonight. Doesn't matter how much credit he has in the bank. They got spanked with such a stacked team by their biggest rivals.

And yes, I'm trying to manifest the sacking because we can try to get him in. If we suck even after hiring him then we can safely say we are cursed. :lol:

Real had chances also. It wasn't quite a 7-0 at Anfield or 5-0 (Ole) at Old Trafford.

Real were unlucky with a few offsides as well. Barcelona deserved the win, but it was almost one of those near perfect nights. Apart from Lewandowski hitting the post, almost everything went in. Practically very offside trap worked. Perfect storm.
You say that, but that’s pretty much what the 7-0 game was. They scored 7 goals from 8 shots.

You say that, but that’s pretty much what the 7-0 game was. They scored 7 goals from 8 shots.
Not quite the same.

Liverpool had an xG of 2.78 vs our 0.82

They had 6 big chances (2 missed) vs our 2 (2 missed)

18 shots vs our 8. 15 shots inside our box.

We did okay in the 1st half. They battered us in the 2nd half. Ruthless finishing, yes.

Yup. Also the xG from both games was almost the same. Liverpool scored 7 goals from like 2.4 xG.
See below.
Not quite the same.

We did okay in the 1st half. They battered us in the 2nd half. Ruthless finishing, yes.

Not quite the same.

First half I seem to remember we were the better team. Really didn’t deserve to be going in behind after that goal on the brink of half time. Then of course our heads dropped in typical fashion and we know what came next.

First half I seem to remember we were the better team. Really didn’t deserve to be going in behind after that goal on the brink of half time. Then of course our heads dropped in typical fashion and we know what came next.
We missed good chances, the Rashford half volley was a good one.

I find it baffling that he has won the CL

Well, He's only won 5.

I think Ancelotti thrives when he an experienced core and a well balanced team. He needs players who are either at or close to their peak in those areas, intelligent players who know how to play base on what the game requires.

This Madrid side is young, relatively unbalanced, with an inexperienced and relatively immature midfield, right now they probably need more structure and guidance. They don't have the experience to pick-up the Kroos/Modric mantle to give that consistent base week in week out.

Well, He's only won 5.

I think Ancelotti thrives when he an experienced core and a well balanced team. He needs players who are either at or close to their peak in those areas, intelligent players who know how to play base on what the game requires.

This Madrid side is young, relatively unbalanced, with an inexperienced and relatively immature midfield, right now they probably need more structure and guidance. They don't have the experience to pick-up the Kroos/Modric mantle to give that consistent base week in week out.
It's not a young Real side though.

Bellingham is 21, but is hugely experienced. He's played almost 40 CL games already. A key player last season at the age of 20.

Güler and Endrick are the only two inexperienced players.

They should have looked to bring in a CM with a similar profile to Kroos. That was a mistake. Even then, they have a technician in Ceballos if they wanted more control in midfield.

It's normal for teams to decline after a 2-3 year cycle. They've played 3 grueling seasons in a row. Some players might not be as hungry as they were. It happened to Rijkaard's Barcelona. Pep's Barcelona weren't as good during his final season. Real did a 3peat under Zidane and then had a terrible season following it. It's standard.

Barcelona have the hunger and energy that a new manager bounce usually brings.

I would take him in a heartbeat until the end of the season at least. Perfect caretaker material.
He's said before he'll retire when he's done with Real Madrid, I do not think babysitting us would be tempting enough to change his mind on that.

It's not a young Real side though.

Bellingham is 21, but is hugely experienced. He's played almost 40 CL games already. A key player last season at the age of 20.

Güler and Endrick are the only two inexperienced players.

They should have looked to bring in a CM with a similar profile to Kroos. That was a mistake. Even then, they have a technician in Ceballos if they wanted more control in midfield.

It's normal for teams to decline after a 2-3 year cycle. They've played 3 grueling seasons in a row. Some players might not be as hungry as they were. It happened to Rijkaard's Barcelona. Pep's Barcelona weren't as good during his final season. Real did a 3peat under Zidane and then had a terrible season following it. It's standard.

Barcelona have the hunger and energy that a new manager bounce usually brings.

It's still a young team, so many of them are 25 or under, like I said he does better when he has a core group of experienced players.

There's also not a player out there who could replace Kroos. The rest of their midfield aside from Modric just doesn't have the experience of playing together to perform consistently as a unit. They had Modric & Kroos dictating everything for 10 years and no one else really got a look in, now these guys need time to build and gel together.

They probably should have gone for Olmo though.

It's still a young team, so many of them are 25 or under, like I said he does better when he has a core group of experienced players.

There's also not a player out there who could replace Kroos. The rest of their midfield aside from Modric just doesn't have the experience of playing together to perform consistently as a unit. They had Modric & Kroos dictating everything for 10 years and no one else really got a look in, now these guys need time to build and gel together.

Not exactly young but, especially with the midfield runners Madrid have, Kimmich would be the perfect replacement in terms of distributing the ball from deep and creating scoring opportunities.

He's not getting sacked mid-season, but he wouldn't be a good fit for us.

Ancelotti's the manager you hire when your team is the finished article.

You don't judge experience by age alone. Bellingham, Vinícius and Mbappé have played over 1000 career games between them. Camavinga is 22 soon and has already played in 2 CL finals and made 150 career appearances for Real Madrid.

Most of the Real squad are very experienced.

Courtois (32)
Mendy (29)
Alaba (32)
Vázquez (33)
Carvajal (32)
Militão (26)
Rüdiger (31)
Valverde (26)
Ceballos (28)
Modrić (39)

Olmo is a final third player. He wouldn't give them help with buildup play like Kroos did. They have that kind of profile in Brahim who scored 12 goals last season. They could have brought in Zieliński on a free from Napoli. Kimmich would have been attainable from Bayern. Perfect replacement once he has legs around him, which he would have had in Tchouaméni, Camavinga and Valverde. A bit like when Juve signed Pirlo from Milan and put Vidal, Marchisio and Pogba around him.

Not exactly young but, especially with the midfield runners Madrid have, Kimmich would be the perfect replacement in terms of distributing the ball from deep and creating scoring opportunities.
I just replied to him now without seeing your post. Fully agree. Kimmich + legs around him could still be class.

Pirlo proved that at Juventus when Milan thought he was finished.

He's said before he'll retire when he's done with Real Madrid, I do not think babysitting us would be tempting enough to change his mind on that.
To be fair though, imagine adding United to that CV. Has anyone got a better one if he did?

You don't judge experience by age alone. Bellingham, Vinícius and Mbappé have played over 1000 career games between them. Camavinga is 22 soon and has already played in 2 CL finals and made 150 career appearances for Real Madrid.

Most of the Real squad are very experienced.

Courtois (32)
Mendy (29)
Alaba (32)
Vázquez (33)
Carvajal (32)
Militão (26)
Rüdiger (31)
Valverde (26)
Ceballos (28)
Modrić (39)

Olmo is a final third player. He wouldn't give them help with buildup play like Kroos did. They have that kind of profile in Brahim who scored 12 goals last season. They could have brought in Zieliński on a free from Napoli. Kimmich would have been attainable from Bayern. Perfect replacement once he has legs around him, which he would have had in Tchouaméni, Camavinga and Valverde. A bit like when Juve signed Pirlo from Milan and put Vidal, Marchisio and Pogba around him.

You don't just judge experience by age and then list a load of layers by age....

It's a combination of age/maturity and match experience and how a player puts all that together within their own game and as part of the team. 21 with 150 games is nothing, 1000 games between 4 players means nothing when they don't even have 100 games played together.