Carlo Ancelotti | Real Madrid manager

Exactly. That's actually one of the things that I admire about Real/their fans - they do absolutely not accept anything less than the best. If ETH was at Real he would have been hounded out ages ago.
Sorry, but that's bollocks. You don't sack your most successful manager in years because he is sitting 2nd in the league.

By your logic SAF should've gotten the sack around 2003-2005. The whole sack Fergie, sell Giggs meme which is funny now, was a thing back then. If we had "higher standards" or Abramovich as our owner, SAF would've never made it to 2013 as our manager

Not sure we should be attempting to emulate Real, since they have a SAF like figure at their helm in Florentino Perez, who mind you some Madrid fans on here said that he is currently emulating what SAF was doing.

But it wasn’t this bad. Our play has been horrendous and there is seemingly no upward trajectory.

Mbappe has been useless so far. The entire team is struggling really.
We've played 11 games, won 8, drew 2 and lost 1, and even without looking good were clearly the better team in ~8 of those games ultimately

As I said before: the optics of Mbappé plus Barcelona looking scary good are making things look worse than they are atm

Sorry, but that's bollocks. You don't sack your most successful manager in years because he is sitting 2nd in the league.

By your logic SAF should've gotten the sack around 2003-2005. The whole sack Fergie, sell Giggs meme which is funny now, was a thing back then. If we had "higher standards" or Abramovich as our owner, SAF would've never made it to 2013 as our manager

Not sure we should be attempting to emulate Real, since they have a SAF like figure at their helm in Florentino Perez, who mind you some Madrid fans on here said that he is currently emulating what SAF was doing.

Nah, SAF was God then. He would not have been sacked then. I’m talking about today.

We won't sack him for losing against Lille and he has enough credit for him to finish the season but with the retirment of Kroos (and soon modric as well) it's clear the team needs a change of direction. Although if he bombs the UCL group and Real Madrid doesn't get through that would be enough for his sacking. In the short term the team needs to play better.

Perhaps it seems unnecessary due to the immediacy of the Champions League but Mbappé is a great addition.

The problem is fitting 4 up. The midfield is a bit gray but I think that with a balanced, more intense team with defensive intensity it would be very strong.
Or deep down the issue is that we enjoy Xabi Alonso, then Kroos and now Tchouameni, while we make Valverde dizzy with so much change. Is there some top level midfielder with technique and control capacity, ignoring Rodri?

No, it was unnecessary because you gave the highest wage and a superstar status to a player you didn't need with a huge ego and that plays best on the side of your best attacking player who's about to receive a ballon d'or. Mbappé as a number 9 is pretty much the opposit of Real's DNA since it became successful again in europe 15 years ago. Obviously Real Madrid has a lot of great player so they're still contenders for both C1 and La liga title every season but finding the right formation will be a nightmare for any coach.

On top of that, Kroos isn't here anymore to give delightful passes on transition, it's a pretty important loss imo.

He doesn't have enough time left in management to sort out our issues, guys 65 and probably doesn't need the stress.
I disagree to be honest. if you get 3 successful seasons out of a manager these days, that is a win.

Getting somebody as experienced as Carlo to steady the ship and get the players back on track for a few seasons might be exactly what's needed. Then pass it on to a younger manager to continue the foundation he's set.

"Real Madrid adapted after Ronaldo and Ramos left, we won two UCL without them. The same will happen with me. People always say, and it’s not true, that we won every game 4-0 with me. Things aren’t going well, that’s for sure, but we've often struggled with me either, you can't forget that." - Toni Kroos

"Real Madrid adapted after Ronaldo and Ramos left, we won two UCL without them. The same will happen with me. People always say, and it’s not true, that we won every game 4-0 with me. Things aren’t going well, that’s for sure, but we've often struggled with me either, you can't forget that." - Toni Kroos

Goddamnit this just adds to the hurt :(

I always feel a bit uncomfortable when a footballer is smart and speaks with sense. Something's off.

I always feel a bit uncomfortable when a footballer is smart and speaks with sense. Something's off.
He retired and immediately turned into the milkshake duck. Literally, in his case

Goddamnit this just adds to the hurt :(

te-extra%C3%B1o-mucho-toni-kroos-v0-66z58wa7wnld1.jpeg

Surely Real fans won't tolerate this for much longer?
Don't think they have much of a choice really. They're not going through the trouble of an interim before Xabi Alonso joins in the summer.

Hopefully it unravels quickly and we can get him here for a few years. We would instantly be a serious club again.

Not to concerned about playing style and habits, I just want standards raised and someone top class in charge and we can work from there.

Hopefully it unravels quickly and we can get him here for a few years. We would instantly be a serious club again.

Not to concerned about playing style and habits, I just want standards raised and someone top class in charge and we can work from there.
I thought he was retiring?

Funny how people continue to fall into the trap of writing Madrid off in games.

Our games are like pro wrestling. We know it's fake, but the entertainment makes it worth it

Keep doing this please

When Real Madrid went down 0-2 today, I told my father "Real just won the game".

It's all becoming too predictable. They've certainly won me over since a few good years ago, I'm a fan for life.

He’s such a class manager. He ultimately takes the players he’s given and finds a way to mould them into a fearsome unit. Last season he had a lack of real striking options after Benzema left, had to make do with Joselu. So what did he do? Played Jude as a false nine and won the lot.

This summer they did some unbalanced squad building. Signing Mbappe, who plays in the same position as their best player, and Endrick; but leaving him with just two fit and serviceable CBs, one of whom (Militao) is still coming back from a serious injury; and they didn’t replace the creativity and playmaking they lost in CM. But he’s making it work, because that’s what Carlo does.

Don’t be surprised if by the business end of this season he has found the perfect balance to the Bellingham, Vini, Mbappe, Rodrygo conundrum. He’s just the ultimate pro. Never complains. Just gets it done. One of the greatest managers of all time, no question.

He’s such a class manager. He ultimately takes the players he’s given and finds a way to mould them into a fearsome unit. Last season he had a lack of real striking options after Benzema left, had to make do with Joselu. So what did he do? Played Jude as a false nine and won the lot.

This summer they did some unbalanced squad building. Signing Mbappe, who plays in the same position as their best player, and Endrick; but leaving him with just two fit and serviceable CBs, one of whom (Militao) is still coming back from a serious injury; and they didn’t replace the creativity and playmaking they lost in CM. But he’s making it work, because that’s what Carlo does.

Don’t be surprised if by the business end of this season he has found the perfect balance to the Bellingham, Vini, Mbappe, Rodrygo conundrum. He’s just the ultimate pro. Never complains. Just gets it done. One of the greatest managers of all time, no question.

Hard to disagree with that

Past his best. I bet Manage cannot wait to get their main Manager target in. He’s only in until that is done.

Still a good manager but not one to create a team/structure. His biggest limitation. Unfortunately for him that is what Madrid needs the most this season.

So is he getting sacked tonight? I was led to believe that Real have this high standards that results such as today won't be accepted.

We can work on getting him as soon as they sack him.

So is he getting sacked tonight? I was led to believe that Real have this high standards that results such as today won't be accepted.

We can work on getting him as soon as they sack him.
I reckon he might just be okay considering he's won them a few trophies. Of course, nothing quite as prestigious as the Carabao Cup but still, there may perhaps be just enough credit in the bank.

It's astonishing how much their team relied on Kroos in midfield, don't watch a lot of La Liga nowadays. I think this is more of an indictment on Camavinga than anyone else since he plays a similar role but simply doesn't seem good enough to play through. He seems much more of a dribbler than someone who can play penetrative passes.