Film Captain Marvel

Cant wait. Looks lighter in this look.

Also her and Thor together going all special power crazy will be awesome.

Got it booked for opening night here. TBH, waiting to see her in Avengers especially, as said above, if teamed up with Thor. That could be badass.

Kind of a shame that it wasnt Black Widow owho got the first female solo movie. (then again, she doesnt have super powers so maybe Wanda instead:P )

Can't wait for this, initial reviews seem positive so fingers crossed it's good. Seeing another powerhouse will be fun. Age of Ultron wasn't brilliant but the scene with iron man, thor and vision all using their powers at once was great on the big screen.

Saw it yesterday, great MCU movie, lots of fun, the cat steals the show whenever it appears, great action set pieces and some lighter tones, Brie Larson is great, great Stan Lee homage. 2 after credits scenes, but the first one is the only one that it matters, second one is similar to the second after credits scene in Ant Man and the Wasp. The deaging of Samual L Jackson is amazing.

Saw it yesterday, great MCU movie, lots of fun, the cat steals the show whenever it appears, great action set pieces and some lighter tones, Brie Larson is great, great Stan Lee homage. 2 after credits scenes, but the first one is the only one that it matters, second one is similar to the second after credits scene in Ant Man and the Wasp. The deaging of Samual L Jackson is amazing.
Reviews are mixed (which is to be expected for about 90% of Marvel films anyway) so glad that its enjoyable regardless of critical merit.

Enjoyable is really the key word here. It tries to be a bit more than that at times, especially the Jude Law bits about emotions etc, but the intent is clearly visible, which kind of defeats the purpose to me.

One silly line from a Dutch review said: "At last they cast a female lead who's not extremely attractive". Maybe it's my low standards, but how is Brie Larson not extremely attractive.

The very low user score on IMDB does show that little boys are still not ready to accept female heroes though, because this movie is better than a 5.9

Enjoyable is really the key word here. It tries to be a bit more than that at times, especially the Jude Law bits about emotions etc, but the intent is clearly visible, which kind of defeats the purpose to me.

One silly line from a Dutch review said: "At last they cast a female lead who's not extremely attractive". Maybe it's my low standards, but how is Brie Larson not extremely attractive.

The very low user score on IMDB does show that little boys are still not ready to accept female heroes though, because this movie is better than a 5.9
Whut? Brie Larson is insanely hot.

Just a shame she's a raging fembot.

I agree she is very attractive but i understand what they're trying to say.
It is true that they tried to avoid showing her off, there are no cleavages, sexy outfits or "poses".

I agree she is very attractive but i understand what they're trying to say.
It is true that they tried to avoid showing her off, there are no cleavages, sexy outfits or "poses".
Sure, but I think classifying Brie Larson as anything but very attractive just helps skew peoples standards. The average woman does not look like Brie Larson. Hell, the above average woman doesn't either. The fact she's not walking around with her tits out doesn't really change that. With all the talk about glossy magazine giving of a distorted view of what you should look like, this is in the same category if you ask me.

I also don't get "no love interest" praise. What's wrong with a good love story. Human's sole goal on this earth is to procreate. How is omitting that some sort of great statement. Who the feck would Clark be without Lois, or Peter Parker without Mary Jane.

Spider-Man has a better arse.

DdDGs_7XUAAcilg.jpg

I wouldn't watch a series called Clark. Mary Jane IS kind of pointless, Kirsten Dunst was hot though.

Feck, that's the problem innit. I'm a sexist pig :(
The whole comic book universe is sexist, they are basically the modern Greek gods and heroes, fighting monsters and making out with the hot girls.

Most people are only interested in the fighting part though, so I don’t really buy stuffs like Lois is Clark’s moral pillar. His was cultivated by his earthly parents, and this is apparent in the Red Son version, where he spent thousands of years watching over humanity.

The whole comic book universe is sexist, they are basically the modern Greek gods and heroes, fighting monsters and making out with the hot girls.

Most people are only interested in the fighting part though, so I don’t really buy stuffs like Lois is Clark’s moral pillar. His was cultivated by his earthly parents, and this is apparent in the Red Son version, where he spent thousands of years watching over humanity.
Don't have to tell me, I like special effects and scantily clad super models in my movies.

I don't know why everyone was moaning about this. Great movie and the deageing of Samuel L. Jackson was absolutely amazing and it was nice to see Coulson back on MCU.

Good to hear. Will give it a watch
Mouse owns your god damn soul as well.

His twitter carrying on is creepy af.

This kind of thing is exactly why they peddle the shite they do. Anyone with a negative opinion is now a sexist, can't handle female leads or are simply white males or little boys. They've managed to politicize opinions on films. The people who gave this a negative score are probably the same people that gave Wonder Woman a good score, despite it not even being a particularly good film.

Just like the "trolls" and "40 year old overweight white males" that couldn't handle what was laughably called a strong female character in Star Wars are the the same people that would cheer when Leia came on screen. Bringing gender or racial politics into it is now a shield from criticism and they are going to keep doing it until people wise up to it on both sides.

5.9 isn't even that bad of a score, it's average which most superhero films are really.

This kind of thing is exactly why they peddle the shite they do. Anyone with a negative opinion is now a sexist, can't handle female leads or are simply white males or little boys. They've managed to politicize opinions on films. The people who gave this a negative score are probably the same people that gave Wonder Woman a good score, despite it not even being a particularly good film.

Just like the "trolls" and "40 year old overweight white males" that couldn't handle what was laughably called a strong female character in Star Wars are the the same people that would cheer when Leia came on screen. Bringing gender or racial politics into it is now a shield from criticism and they are going to keep doing it until people wise up to it on both sides.

5.9 isn't even that bad of a score, it's average which most superhero films are really.
Are you suggesting people dont give out bad reviews on the internet to troll people?

It happens on both sides. Slant magazine gave Red Ded Redemption 2 a 6 for being harsh on women are something silly like that. There's plenty of reddit incels who give anything with a woman in the lead a 1/10 to trigger the snowflake libs.

And a 5.9 is a shite score compared to most of the other rubbish Marvel has given us in the last 10 years. Hell even Thor 2 was rated higher.

Are you suggesting people dont give out bad reviews on the internet to troll people?

It happens on both sides. Slant magazine gave Red Ded Redemption 2 a 6 for being harsh on women are something silly like that. There's plenty of reddit incels who give anything with a woman in the lead a 1/10 to trigger the snowflake libs.

And a 5.9 is a shite score compared to most of the other rubbish Marvel has given us in the last 10 years. Hell even Thor 2 was rated higher.
I'm suggesting that saying the negative score is down to little boys that aren't ready for a female lead is exactly why they push the social politics and it becomes bigger than the actual film. All criticism ends up getting deflected as trolls or white males. We've gone down a really weird and stupid path with all this.

5.9 should not be considered a shite score, a middling film should be a 5. I do agree that it is considered a shite score, but that in itself is another ridiculous situation we've gotten into. Some of the Marvel stuff has been crap, but they've been like teflon for years with it, they are going for an extra layer of teflon with the social politics angles and it's possibly backfiring on them now scorewise, but then that gets cycled back to trolls and white males. 5.9 is around the score a lot of superhero films should really have if the scale was being used properly. There's some good, but a lot of very average.

It's all a bit mental really.

I'm suggesting that saying the negative score is down to little boys that aren't ready for a female lead is exactly why they push the social politics and it becomes bigger than the actual film. All criticism ends up getting deflected as trolls or white males. We've gone down a really weird and stupid path with all this.

5.9 should not be considered a shite score, a middling film should be a 5. I do agree that it is considered a shite score, but that in itself is another ridiculous situation we've gotten into. Some of the Marvel stuff has been crap, but they've been like teflon for years with it, they are going for an extra layer of teflon with the social politics angles and it's possibly backfiring on them now scorewise, but then that gets cycled back to trolls and white males. 5.9 is around the score a lot of superhero films should really have if the scale was being used properly. There's some good, but a lot of very average.

It's all a bit mental really.
Of course not all criticism is down to the female lead character, but I'd say it at least impacts an online user score.

Rome 2 total war got a gazillion 0/10 steam reviews when they patched in female generals. The internet sucks.

Of course not all criticism is down to the female lead character, but I'd say it at least impacts an online user score.

Rome 2 total war got a gazillion 0/10 steam reviews when they patched in female generals. The internet sucks.

Aye, this does happen. You'll often read a feck ton of 0/1 star reviews for games/films and it'll all be centered around female characters.

Laughable bullshit.

Come on, you need to be better than this if you want to have a serious discusion around this subject.

You throw something like that out, while ignoring that most of the people you are accusing of that worship the likes of:

Sarah Connor.
Trinity.
Leia.
Ripley.
Black widow.
Wonder woman! A female led super hero film universally lauded as an awesome film and an incredible performance from Gadot.
Gamora.
Lara Croft.

And so and so on, and so on and so on.

Why are these characters worshipped, appreciated, loved amd respected by women and men across the board by the..... “incels” and “little boys” while the characters in the last Jedi and Captain Marvel (apparently) are not?

Answers on a postcard.

Last edited:

Or maybe they just found the movie to be average? What a pathetic statement. Maybe you feel that was the same reason that all female Ghostbusters got low reviews. Not like 5.9 is even a bad score

Laughable bullshit.

Come on, you need to be better than this if you want to have a serious discusion around this subject.
Have you met the internet? User scores on all media are heavily influenced by stuff like this. Are you honestly claiming that people giving bad reviews to movies they percieve as SJW, or sexist on the other side of the spectrum, is not a thing. Because in that case I politely redirect you to your first statement.

Funnily, paid critics do it the other way around. They gave the wildly average Black Panther rave reviews for celebrating African culture.

Interesting stance since Wonder Woman holds a 7.5 score on IMDB with 76 metacritic, whilst Captain Marvel is 6.1 now with a 65 metacritic. Could it be that it's just not that good of a film?

Captain Marvel whether a man or woman is just not that interesting a character amongst those comic book fans or well known from non comic book readers.

Interesting stance since Wonder Woman holds a 7.5 score on IMDB with 76 metacritic, whilst Captain Marvel is 6.1 now with a 65 metacritic. Could it be that it's just not that good of a film?

Maybe the little boys like WW's bikini more, plus she has an actual arse

Have you met the internet? User scores on all media are heavily influenced by stuff like this. Are you honestly claiming that people giving bad reviews to movies they percieve as SJW, or sexist on the other side of the spectrum, is not a thing. Because in that case I politely redirect you to your first statement.

Funnily, paid critics do it the other way around. They gave the wildly average Black Panther rave reviews for celebrating African culture.

As I posted near the top of the page, people were leaving negative reviews before the film even came out specifically citing the "sjw" politics of both Marvel and Larson. Anyone who thinks that user reviews aren't influenced by that sort of thing is braindead.

Or maybe they just found the movie to be average? What a pathetic statement. Maybe you feel that was the same reason that all female Ghostbusters got low reviews. Not like 5.9 is even a bad score
That a quarter of the IMDB votes are one star reviews definitely indicates those people saw the film and gave it a honest unbiased critique based upon it's content. No ulterior motives.

As I posted near the top of the page, people were leaving negative reviews before the film even came out specifically citing the "sjw" politics of both Marvel and Larson. Anyone who thinks that user reviews aren't influenced by that sort of thing is braindead.
Thank you. Thought I was going mental for a second there.

Thank you. Thought I was going mental for a second there.

I legit looked at the first 5 1 star reviews and got the below:

1/10
Nothing else to see here. Worse than Thor the Dark World. I guess it was too much to expect that Marvel would never produce a bomb during their run. Why oh why did we get this pathetic Mary Sue instead of Black Widow with an infinitely better actress. Brie Larson is talentless, I don't care if she has an Oscar or not. My grandmother could've made a better Captain Marvel.

1/10
To paraphrase Martin Luther King Jr's dream: When are we gonna judge people by the content of their character, not their race or gender?

I guess we have a long way to go when we still get films that discourage certain races and genders from going to see it.

Another boring super hero movie with the same derivative narrative we have seen a million times, and we don't need 3-5 times a year. On top of that this is the feminine nonsense we have seen before. Is there anything wrong with a female super hero? Absolutely not, but we don't need to reminded of this 24/7 and told that men are bad.

You have to have a lot of nerve to tell your main audience (men) to not see your movie. Imagine a white person telling blacks not to see their movie.

Skip it... go watch Wonder Woman instead..

1/10
Another attempt to push agendas through action movies. It feels way too forced and the fun nostalgia doesn't make up for it.
60 out of 86 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.

1/10
I saw this movie and must say please stop this stupid movement about female characters. there is nothing wrong about female nature itself all this movie was showing was female agenda of feminism. Nothing was special about the film besides that "cat scene". If this movie was showing more female nature in order words a real female with feminizing character it would have been really good.
55 out of 79 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.

1/10
Boring, filled with propaganda, pretty much irrelevant in the MCU.

:lol: