Bundesliga 2016/17

Bartra is pretty bad himself. Dortmund need a quality CB. And perhaps a setup that protects that defence a bit more, because WOW

I mean it's not like they can't do it, last two games at home against bayern proved they can defend if they want to

Bartra is pretty bad himself. Dortmund need a quality CB. And perhaps a setup that protects that defence a bit more, because WOW

I mean it's not like they can't do it, last two games at home against bayern proved they can defend if they want to

Bartra had some rough weeks at the beginning of the season, but he's been performing consistently well since around the winter break. Dortmund also already signed Toprak for next season. Though I agree they could do with another top CB, since Bender is injured way too much to rely on him and Piszczek doesn't get any younger and has trouble if opponents pressure him on the ball.

He's being rested, same as Weigl. Though given how much stupid stuff Ginter has done and how badly Dortmund's build up has suffered from neither having Bartra, Weigl or Dembele, it's costing them badly.

Dortmund look so much more in control since Weigl is on.
Seems a bit weird to have both Weigl and Bartra on the bench with the number of players they have absent. Yeah, Ingolstadt are second from bottom but they still managed to score two goals in the reverse fixture.

Not watched Dortmund but from what I heard he apparently was doing well? This was a month or two ago mind.

How is the game looking?

It' a turd. Literally zero focus from Dortmund's players I haven't seen so many bad touches, badly timed passes and hoofs from them in a very long time. Ingolstadt are doing well within in their means and probably should've scored at least once if their finishing wasn't so bad.

It' a turd. Literally zero focus from Dortmund's players I haven't seen so many bad touches, badly timed passes and hoofs from them in a very long time. Ingolstadt are doing well within in their means and probably should've scored at least once if their finishing wasn't so bad.
Thanks.

Hertha getting annihilated by Cologne.

Modeste scores his second in the game and his 21th overall this season. Four more than the entire Darmstadt squad and only two more to go to level with Aubameyang and Ingolstadt :lol:

If you look at the table right now - if Hamburg wins later there would be 3 points between 9 and first relegation rank 16...
And only 6 points between possible relegation and possible place in the Europa League (rank 7 - when BVB or Bayern would win the Cup)

C7NmFFjXQAEzSux.jpg

Last edited:
Nice goal from Kolasinac against Mainz. Still available on a free transfer this summer I believe. A strong LB.

Renato needs to cut out these brainless, unneccessary fouls giving away dangeous free kicks one minute before the end

Sky Sports horror show character Wolf Fuss claiming one cannot talk of a 'crisis' regarding Müller this season. I thought Reif was unbearable but this guy manages to take it to another level.

No matter his performances on the pitch (today was really good), Müller is always a world class interviewee :lol:

It's hard to believe that it was almost 5 years ago that BVB last won the title.

Bayern will have it wrapped up by mid April.

No end in sight to their dominance.

Not our fault. Compared to the last first halfs of the seasons under Pep we looked as shaky and shite as we can with the players we have. It doesn't help that Dortmund is rebuilding once again, that Leipzig can't repeat their first half of the season performances/run, and that the other usual CL/EL teams ended up in the bottom half of the table at one point.

Not our fault. Compared to the last first halfs of the seasons under Pep we looked as shaky and shite as we can with the players we have. It doesn't help that Dortmund is rebuilding once again, that Leipzig can't repeat their first half of the season performances/run, and that the other usual CL/EL teams ended up in the bottom half of the table at one point.
Never said it was. Just making an observation. Will be interesting to see how Dortmund progress but i still cant see them being ready next season. Especially with Auba looking for the exit.

Will be interesting to see how Dortmund progress but i still cant see them being ready next season. Especially with Auba looking for the exit.

I think they can. They will probably go for another striker in the summer IF Auba leaves, because I still don't think Schürrle is good enough and Isak is way too young and inexperienced to lead the line; and they are getting Toprak who I think can be a leader in defense. Tuchel is a perfectionist - he has a whole summer without an international tournament to work on the problems in defense (although fit defenders will help a lot to begin with) and their weakness in away games.

Meanwhile we lose both Lahm and Alonso, with Lahm retiring being the bigger blow when it comes to performances on the pitch (and that's not a slight on Alonso, who has (had) great games as well). Still - both of them are leaders and they will be missed.

Thiago was just enormous again. His defensive value is off the scale this season.

Lahm is playing an outstanding season. He benefits from playing in a settled system again. He is making almost every single possible run forward to overlap. He'll leave a massive gap behind.

Can anyone think of other players, who retired, while still being on top of their game?

Lahm is playing an outstanding season. He benefits from playing in a settled system again. He is making almost every single possible run forward to overlap. He'll leave a massive gap behind.

Can anyone think of other players, who retired, while still being on top of their game?

I thought he had a rather bad game offensively today, especially in the first half.
The transition will be painful, no doubt.

Zidane was still the best player in the world on his day when he left the game.