Bundesliga 2016/17

When is Reus likely to be back and fit?
Hard to predict. He resumed training but I'm not sure how close he is to get into the squad. I'd be surprised if he makes it within the next 10 days but can of course be wrong.

That's a crazy high line they are playing. Good practice for his next seasons I guess.
It's mightily impressive how Nagelsmann has transformed Hoffenheim from a pure transition side to a well-rounded attacking team in such a short amount of time. I mean, Stevens aside, his predecessor was Markus Gisdol.

It's mightily impressive how Nagelsmann has transformed Hoffenheim from a pure transition side to a well-rounded attacking team in such a short amount of time. I mean, Stevens aside, his predecessor was Markus Gisdol.
It's not just the style of play, it's the success along with it. It's totally insane. When he took over last Februrary as a 28 year old nobody with no top level coaching experience, Hoffenheim was level on points with the last placed team and 5 points below the 16th place. Barely anyone gave them a chance to stay up. Now they're likely to finish top 4, maybe even 2nd because they carried their excellent form well into the second half of the season while Leipzig's form has gotten a lot worse compared to the first half of the season.

It's not just the style of play, it's the success along with it. It's totally insane. When he took over last Februrary as a 28 year old nobody with no top level coaching experience, Hoffenheim was level on points with the last placed team and 5 points below the 16th place. Barely anyone gave them a chance to stay up. Now they're likely to finish top 4, maybe even 2nd because they carried their excellent form well into the second half of the season while Leipzig's form has gotten a lot worse compared to the first half of the season.
Definitely. And who would have thought that players like Rudy, Demirbay or Wagner* are able to play at the level they did so far? It just shows how much individual performances have to do with team aspects and great coaching.

The only recent BL coach I can think of who made such a spectacular allround impact was Lucien Favre at Gladbach, probably my favourite coach ever. It will be interesting to follow Hoffenheim's development next season after losing key players & with possible CL football to play. Nagelsmann has already declared to stay, but it will be tough.

(* Okay, he was great too in his last months for Darmstadt)

Yeah, but recently Bayern have mostly bought from inside the league.
You mean "mostly" as in >50%? I don't think you're correct (Vidal, Costa, Coman, Xabi, Bernat, Thiago, et al.), but I didn't check.

Isn't every team mostly buying from their own league though??

The "Evil Bayern are destroying their competition by buying all the best players" narrative really is like flogging a dead horse. Are Leverkusen and Hoffenheim competition? A hint: no.

I'm in Frankfurt for our home match v Borussia M

Will report on the standard of match officials in due course

If we let Costa leave along with Alonso's and Lahm's retirement and the club thinks that Süle, Rudy and Brandt are the way to keep the squad playing at a similar level, we're screwed.

It would be really stupid to let Costa go, if we don't have a top-class replacement. In my opinion he is getting a bit underrated, because he couldn't keep the level of his first ~10 games, where he was absolutely world-class. He is still a player who is always dangerous even so he is not on Robben/Ribery level. He is also a great sub and impact player. Brandt is still way too raw and a different type of player. Costa is worlds ahead of him in 1v1 situations. I’ll probably never understand the Rudy transfer. Süle on the other hand really convinced me during the last Olympia. This guy might be the real deal.

Süle on the other hand really convinced me during the last Olympia. This guy might be the real deal.
Yeah, but he's still a centerback. Even if he's the real deal, Hummels and Boateng are still relatively young and should be first choice for a few more years. Not sure that's the best environment for Süle to develop. I still think Dortmund should have bought him last summer instead of Bartra.

Passlack with a really not necessary harsh challenge.
Would have been a great goal by Dembele this one.
2-0 Bayern with Muller.

Last edited:
I'm in Frankfurt for our home match v Borussia M

Will report on the standard of match officials in due course
To honor your tradition: how can the refs at the Bayern game miss the clear handball by the Augsburg defender?

Thiago has become the player we always hoped he'd turn out to be. Now we have to make sure he never leaves us.

Spider man is back!!!!!!! 1-0 to Dortmund!
Brace for Lewa. 3-0 Bayern.
Ben watching the game with my bird. After the goal she said auba is like a faster, more athletic inzaghi. Blew my mind. Thre minutes later, he's put 1vs1 with the gk and tries to pass it to ousmane. My bird "ok i take it back, he's nothing like inzaghi" :lol::lol::lol:

Thiago is turning into xavi, iniesta and vidal all rolled into one. FFS what a player :drool:

In other news, i am now very scared of you guys

Thiago is so amazingly good. So unbelievably good.

Imagine you play for Augsburg and get thrashed for 60 minutes and are behind by four goals. You start to think Bayern are taking a foot from the gas and then Robben comes on. I would question every decision I made in my life that let me to this moment.

Thiago is turning into xavi, iniesta and vidal all rolled into one. FFS what a player :drool:

In other news, i am now very scared of you guys
For me he's the best midfielder in the world by quite a margin at the moment.

Robben with a Rabona-cross. Now I've seen everything. What a fun game.

Some months ago i wouldn't have been too bothered if they had planned on selling him this summer :rolleyes::lol:

Boateng with two great passes within two minutes, both leading to goals. Like he was never gone.

Well done by the Augsburg cnut to take out Müller well after he took the shot...