Bundesliga 2016/17

Well pointed out Kasper . . . Did it even need to be?

Unawarded penalty (at 3 mins) in Rostock cost EF the title in 1992.

https://www2.pic-upload.de/img/32750217/ezgif.com-gif-maker6.gif

Poor Seferovic just wanted to give him a friendly slap on the face, but then got shafted by the incompetent refs!!!

You seem to have neatly cropped out the fact that the Hertha defender, Stark, had been grabbing Seferovic's shirt to try and get the response he got.

Seferovic swung his arm and made virtually no contact.
That didn't stop Stark falling to the ground in such a theatrical style.

You seem to have neatly cropped out the fact that the Hertha defender, Stark, had been grabbing Seferovic's shirt to try and get the response he got.

You are a riot, this is hilarious stuff. :lol:
"It's the other player's fault because he knew Seferovic is a dumb, brutish cnut that will overreact and used that knowledge to his advantage."

Dahoud is definitely back to form, but Dreadfulic with a horrible finish. Gladbach would be back into the EL ranks with a win today. :)

I´m starting to hink German goalkeepers aren´t really as good as their reputation, the finishing in German clubs is just dreadful. You need just one above average striker here and it can change the whole season for your team, see Meier in Frankfurt or Darmstadt/Hoffenheim with Wagner. How Gladbach does not score in these two 1 on 1 situations at least once is unbelievable.

Bobby Wood has been class for Hamburg. Great finish. 2-1. Americans have some talent coming through with Brooks, Pulisic, Johnson and Wood. BL race for the relegation playoff spot suddenly is super-tight with half the league being pulled in by the inprobable run of form by Hamburg, Wolfsburg and Bremen.

Four good players. Incredible generation coming up for the US. Will dominate International football for years to come.

Bobby Wood has been class for Hamburg. Great finish. 2-1. Americans have some talent coming through with Brooks, Pulisic, Johnson and Wood. BL race for the relegation playoff spot suddenly is super-tight with half the league being pulled in by the inprobable run of form by Hamburg, Wolfsburg and Bremen.

I said it last week already. Even when he's not scoring that much, Wood has a bright future ahead of him. The number of times he wins the ball for us in these 50/50s is impressive. He's a complete powerhouse and a pain to play against. He will explode when he gets the right amount of service in a team that is better than us. This was by far his easiest goal he has scored for us, even though he needed a lot of composure there as well. Usually he creates all the goals himself.

Should be an easy win for Dortmund today.

They have loads of missing players. Dembele (5th yellow) and Reus (injury) are missing for sure and Aubameyang and Weigl apparently might be out, too. They obviously should still win, but it might not be as smooth as you'd expect from their first team.

Dortmund:
------------Bürki
----Piszczek--Sokratis--Ginter
--------------Castro
Durm--Kagawa--Guerreiro--Schmelzer

------Schürrle--Aubameyang

Was hoping to see Mor, guess he's in some trouble if he doesn't even get to start with Pulisic/Reus/Dembele/Götze out.

Ah damn, I was really looking forward to watching Ousmane today. And Weigl is on the bench. Definitely not as excited as I was before seeing the line-up. :(

Dortmund's twitter account couldn't get their own lineup right :lol:

This is how they apparently actually play:

----------------Bürki
----Piszczek--Sokratis--Ginter
--------------Castro
Durm---Kagawa--Guerreiro--Schmelzer
-------Pulisic---Aubameyang

Though the formation is obviously just a guess from myself right now.

Last edited:
What's wrong with Weigl why isn't he playing?

Has Guerreiro actually done well in midfield? We need him to play left back for the NT but Tuchel refuses to do so :lol:

Has Guerreiro actually done well in midfield? We need him to play left back for the NT but Tuchel refuses to do so :lol:

He's been great in Gündogan's former role and his injury was a big hit for Dortmund. Since Tuchel switched back to 3142/343 again he's actually playing a lot as LWB though.
I reckon he'd be a bit suspect defensively as LB in a back four.

He's been great in Gündogan's former role. His injury was a big hit for Dortmund. He's actually playing a lot as LWB since Tuchel switched back to 3142/343 again though.

That's great to hear. Thanks!

I'm a big fan of him but just haven't been able to catch many Dortmund games recently.

1-0 Auba. Nice counter.
Dortmund's defence about to concede here. Crap header.
Uh Durm! Nice strike just off the bar. Nice game.

Not that Durm is a bad player, he's a good in a work horse sense, but his lack of attacking quality is really destroying a lot of attacks.

I can't wait for Dortmund vs Monaco. It's going to some tie that. Both teams amazing at attacking and not very good at defending.

I can't wait for Dortmund vs Monaco. It's going to some tie that. Both teams amazing at attacking and not very good at defending.

Dortmund's defending isn't the problem this match, it's their inability to control the game, which allows Ingolstadt a lot of possession in their half.

Dortmund's defending isn't the problem this match, it's their inability to control the game, which allows Ingolstadt a lot of possession in their half.

Yeah suppose that's true. I'm only part watching the game but it looks open any time I glance over.

Ingolstadt arguably the better team, aside from a few moments of individual class Dortmund really struggle with their relentless pressing. Let's see if they can keep that up for another 45 minutes.

He really hasn't progressed at all the past years.

I reckon he lacks both mental and physical pace and agility, he'd probably look good in a reaktive team, but he can't deal with the demands of a dominant setup like Dormtund's.

Not sure how the ref can just let play continue there, it's either a dive by Lezcano or a foul by Bürki.

How come Bartra is on the bench?

He's being rested, same as Weigl. Though given how much stupid stuff Ginter has done and how badly Dortmund's build up has suffered from neither having Bartra, Weigl or Dembele, it's costing them badly.

Dortmund look so much more in control since Weigl is on.