5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s another lie, again, I think :lol:

To clarify, are you saying that 33% of Bruno’s 67 goals for United have been penalties ?

Do you find that hard to believe or something? Do you not think it's interesting how his goal scoring decreased the moment we didn't get as many penalties?

Out of Bruno's 47 PL goals, 16 have been penalties.

Edit: Just checked. Out of Bruno's 67 goals, 23 are penalties, so yes.

Do you find that hard to believe or something? Do you not think it's interesting how his goal scoring decreased the moment we didn't get as many penalties?
That was partly due to a formation change causing him to play deeper. Under Ole he was playing as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1 system. Under Ten Hag he's mainly played as an 8 in a 4-3-3.

That was partly due to a formation change causing him to play deeper. Under Ole he was playing as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1 system. Under Ten Hag he's mainly played as an 8 in a 4-3-3.

it’s hard to know where he’s played the most under ETH but it certainly doesn’t resemble what you’d normally expect from an 8.

it’s hard to know where he’s played the most under ETH but it certainly doesn’t resemble what you’d normally expect from an 8.
Why is it hard to know? Just look at his average position on the pitch. He's not playing as far forward as he did under Ole.

Why is it hard to know? Just look at his average position on the pitch. He's not playing as far forward as he did under Ole.
You can go to sofascore and simply skip through the PL seasons to see it. He isn't playing forther back than under Ole. ETH might want him to do that. Just like many people wanted him to play more as a midfielder back then (when we usually got outnumbered because of that).

To sofascore

Won us 2 games this season

I mean, he is playing most minutes as pretty much forward player in most of games for Manchester United. Scoring two or three winning goals in almost half of the season isn't something to brag about.

I mean, he is playing most minutes as pretty much forward player in most of games for Manchester United. Scoring two or three winning goals in almost half of the season isn't something to brag about.
We're not even a third of the way through the season yet :lol:

How many gamewinning goals would he have to score in the 6 wins we've had this season (11 games into the season) from his hybrid 8/10 position to impress you? He is on 3 so far (Vs. Burnley, NFO and Fulham)

How many gamewinning goals would he have to score in the 6 wins we've had this season (11 games into the season) from his hybrid 8/10 position to impress you? He is on 3 so far (Vs. Burnley, NFO and Fulham)

"Game winning goals" against relegation teams ffs. Why are we even in that position to begin with? It would be impressive if he managed to play a good game of football throughout 90 minutes for once, and not a good moment in the 90th minute.

The standards some of you have must be at an all-time low.

You’re right, it is a lie.
https://www.transfermarkt.us/bruno-fernandes/elfmetertore/spieler/240306

26 penalties, so 38% as of yesterday.

is it 26 or 23 boys :lol:

Nope, nothing hard to believe.

However, incorrect stats can’t just be unchallenged and left as gospel.

"Game winning goals" against relegation teams ffs. Why are we even in that position to begin with? It would be impressive if he managed to play a good game of football throughout 90 minutes for once, and not a good moment in the 90th minute.

The standards some of you have must be at an all-time low.
I think you're missing the point here. The point was that even though we have been extremely bad this season, worse than I can remember to have seen us, Bruno has been an important player who has been able to pull something out of the hat when we have needed it the most. We shouldn't have been needing late winners against those teams, but we have, and he's the one that's give thme to us. He should get some praise for that.

Does it really matter? You claimed it was a lie, and you were wrong whether it's 23 or 26.

What exactly have I been wrong about ?? I’ve not made any claims or even suggested anything about Bruno if you read through the last couple of pages. You didn’t though did you.

I simply challenged stats given on Bruno and both times they were incorrect as @FriedClams corrected themselves on.

Yes, incorrect information does matter on a forum especially if it’s unchallenged and being used by some of you as gospel.

It’s not that deep btw and you’re having a go at someone for pointing out incorrect information.

Amazing :lol:

What exactly have I been wrong about ?? I’ve not made any claims or even suggested anything about Bruno if you read through the last couple of pages. You didn’t though did you.

I simply challenged stats given on Bruno and both times they were incorrect as @FriedClams corrected themselves on.

Yes, incorrect information does matter on a forum especially if it’s unchallenged and being used by some of you as gospel.

It’s not that deep btw and you’re having a go at someone for pointing out incorrect information.

Amazing :lol:

38% of his goals being penalties is correct

I think you're missing the point here. The point was that even though we have been extremely bad this season, worse than I can remember to have seen us, Bruno has been an important player who has been able to pull something out of the hat when we have needed it the most. We shouldn't have been needing late winners against those teams, but we have, and he's the one that's give thme to us. He should get some praise for that.

Absolutely. He's scored some important goals for us this season, but I think his performances this season have been the worst we've seen of him so far, so while he should get credit for his goals, his general play should be criticised.

You said it was another lie when you quoted his post, and you were given proof you were wrong. It wasn't a lie, it was actually a higher percentage.

That’s another lie, again, I think :lol:

To clarify, are you saying that 33% of Bruno’s 67 goals for United have been penalties ?

It's actually 3 out of 14 games(one was also a penalty), you cannot just ignore the games we lost just because we didn't win those games ffs.

Been noticing the earliest whispers on the rumour mill of 100m Saudi interest today. I can only hope those rumours grow louder and we are able to cash in. 100m at 30 years old would be a fantastic opportunity for us to go in a different direction as a team. We could but a midfielder who can beat a man, carry the ball and improve our general play and still have change. Or if we don’t want change we can get involved in the Flo Wirtz conversation next summer (or Musiala of he is ready to come back to England).

Been noticing the earliest whispers on the rumour mill of 100m Saudi interest today. I can only hope those rumours grow louder and we are able to cash in. 100m at 30 years old would be a fantastic opportunity for us to go in a different direction as a team. We could but a midfielder who can beat a man, carry the ball and improve our general play and still have change. Or if we don’t want change we can get involved in the Flo Wirtz conversation next summer (or Musiala of he is ready to come back to England).
I heavily doubt that this is going to happen. A - there is nothing to suggest, that there is anybody in our club who is knowledgable enough, that a 100 million offer for a 30 year old is close to a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and B - even if we had a voice pointing others to that fact, the majority won't be ready to sell the captain who is so adored around most of the top reds and match going fans.

It would only work if Bruno is phased out of the team, slowly but fast enough that he notices it and Saudis are coming up with a laughably great offer for him.

Last edited:
I heavily doubt that this is going to happen. A - there is nothing to suggest, that there is anybody in our club who is knowledgable enough, that a 100 million offer for a 30 year old is close to a one in a lifetime chance and B - even if we had a voice pointing others to that fact, the majority won't be ready to sell the captain who is so adored around most of the top reds and match going fans.

It would only work if Bruno is phased out of the team, slowly but fast enough that he notices it and Saudis are coming up with a laughably great offer for him.

I agree. If any such offer was to materialise next summer we would almost certainly reject it.

Three I think? Burnley, Forest and now Fulham. I hate the term but he’s become a clutch goalscorer since he got the captain’s armband.
:lol: Literally anyone who has scored a league goal for us this season. We’ve not won a single game by more than 1 goal.

So now Bruno is captain fantastic for 2 goals against Fulham and Burnley, and a penalty won by another player who actually turned that game around for us.

Marvellous. He’s been utter shite for 90% of his minutes on the pitch this season but you carry on suggesting he’s a modern day Bryan Robson.

:lol: Literally anyone who has scored a league goal for us this season. We’ve not won a single game by more than 1 goal.

So now Bruno is captain fantastic for 2 goals against Fulham and Burnley, and a penalty won by another player who actually turned that game around for us.

Marvellous. He’s been utter shite for 90% of his minutes on the pitch this season but you carry on suggesting he’s a modern day Bryan Robson.

Anyone arguing that Bruno has been good this season must be blind.
Where I will defend him and where I believe some of the issue is, is in how he has been used this season.
He has played way to many different positions. He needs to stay at the 10 and if its a match where a different 10 is more suited then put him on the bench, dont put him on the wing or deeper in midfield just to shoehorn him in.
If he is to get any chemistry with Højlund he needs to be in the 10 and thats it.
I also believe it would help him regain his form if he can focus on one position and one task.

I am also not sure giving him the captaincy was the right choice. His whinging and the team mates even after his own mistakes has gotten much worse after he got the armband.
Honestly I am with Keane on this, he doesnt have the personality and mental fortitude under pressure to be a captain.

Anyone arguing that Bruno has been good this season must be blind.
Where I will defend him and where I believe some of the issue is, is in how he has been used this season.
He has played way to many different positions. He needs to stay at the 10 and if its a match where a different 10 is more suited then put him on the bench, dont put him on the wing or deeper in midfield just to shoehorn him in.
If he is to get any chemistry with Højlund he needs to be in the 10 and thats it.
I also believe it would help him regain his form if he can focus on one position and one task.

I am also not sure giving him the captaincy was the right choice. His whinging and the team mates even after his own mistakes has gotten much worse after he got the armband.
Honestly I am with Keane on this, he doesnt have the personality and mental fortitude under pressure to be a captain.
He is terrible. The odd goal great but he surrenders possession so much, lacks discipline, awful body language. We dont have a team that can accomodate someone so profligate with the ball

I’d take a 10 with half his goals/assists who helped knit our play together at an elite level. Someone sho could turn a man, carry the ball, play quick one-two’s to open up space and disorientate the brick walls that we struggle to break down every week.

If we had that, then the actual forwards can get the goals and assists, I’d take 5/5 from our 10 over this. All of the above is only worth giving up if we are talking an unprecedented amount of goals, to the point where the other forwards need to adapt to allow the 10 to do his thing as he is the bigger goal threat. But for the 10 or so league goals a season, it’s not even close to being worth the sacrifice.

Bruno’s performances have been a contributing factor to the teams shocking performances this season.

Yes he is still capable of moments to win us games but should it really excuse him playing terribly for the large majority of matches?

Until we are a good football team, we need any players who can help put the ball in the net. It doesn’t matter the fashion, or the performance. That is Bruno. As long as we remain a team trying to scrap for a top 4 or 5 finish, we absolutely need him and he will remain one of our most important players. Today showed why, again.

He is a big part of us being bad at football. And he doesnt score enough for people to accept it but yet here we are.

I heavily doubt that this is going to happen. A - there is nothing to suggest, that there is anybody in our club who is knowledgable enough, that a 100 million offer for a 30 year old is close to a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and B - even if we had a voice pointing others to that fact, the majority won't be ready to sell the captain who is so adored around most of the top reds and match going fans.

Fernandes also doesn't strike me as the type -- "dreams can't be buy" -- to move to Saudi or one of these fugazi leagues still so 'early' in his career, either. You never know, though. Ander Herrera was one of those football romantics until he got the whiff of a PSG lengthy contract.

Fernandes also doesn't strike me as the type -- "dreams can't be buy" -- to move to Saudi or one of these fugazi leagues still so 'early' in his career, either. You never know, though. Ander Herrera was one of those football romantics until he got the whiff of a PSG lengthy contract.

Bruno is also captain and plays pretty much every game. He wont move to Saudi unless that changes. Herrera was offered a nice pay day, a bit closer to home and wasnt a guaranteed starter in our team.

Bruno is also captain and plays pretty much every game. He wont move to Saudi unless that changes. Herrera was offered a nice pay day, a bit closer to home and wasnt a guaranteed starter in our team.

He’ll move wherever Ronaldo tells him to. If it’s Al Nassr that targets him, I wouldn’t be surprised.

I can’t see United accepting though. We are always stuck in this ‘we’re different, we’re a family club’ type of mentality. Getting rid of a popular big name player who hasn’t kicked up a fuss in order to go a new way hasn’t been done since Kanchelskis/Ince left. The United Way is that all our great servants are welcome to retire with us or decide when they want to leave.

Captain Bruno rescues us again. Incredible finish in a situation where he still had a lot to do upon receiving the ball, his space creation from feints is really underrated.

Bruno’s performances have been a contributing factor to the teams shocking performances this season.

Yes he is still capable of moments to win us games but should it really excuse him playing terribly for the large majority of matches?
Every player has been a contributing part of our bad performances.
I think our biggest problem has been:
- Our DMs has not been protecting our defence well enough and closing the space between the defence and midfield.
- Individual errors
- Attacking we have had few or no contributions from the wingers
- Lack of plan(s).
- Ineffective finishers

Every player has been a contributing part of our bad performances.
I think our biggest problem has been:
- Our DMs has not been protecting our defence well enough and closing the space between the defence and midfield.
- Individual errors
- Attacking we have had few or no contributions from the wingers
- Lack of plan(s).
- Ineffective finishers

All the above plus being forced to play central defenders we've known for years take too long on the ball and slow down all of our transitions from the back.

All the above plus being forced to play central defenders we've known for years take too long on the ball and slow down all of our transitions from the back.

I think the loss of Shaw has been a far bigger factor in this respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.