View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
He would be almost 30 by the start of next season might be our last chance to get some decent fee for him and he is major part why this team can not move towards more measured and possession based approach as he is pretty limited footballer if you look beyond his Goals and Assists .
We all saw the Newcastle game the other night where he didn't start. We weren't more measured in possession. We just had one extra player who didn't show for the ball.

We all saw the Newcastle game the other night where he didn't start. We weren't more measured in possession. We just had one extra player who didn't show for the ball.

What is your point? The end result was the same as when he plays. We were shit and lost....just like most of the games he plays. This guy is the second highest earner at the club, and there is seemingly no drop off in performance when he plays or doesn't play.

Once again he was terrible today. A goal does not change that.

What is your point? The end result was the same as when he plays. We were shit and lost....just like most of the games he plays. This guy is the second highest earner at the club, and there is seemingly no drop off in performance when he plays or doesn't play.

a Winning goal in the 91st minute changes everything.

My point is that he offers more than several other players on the pitch. Replacing him isn't an urgent priority. Whereas a CB and a RW is.

Where are you getting the 'second highest earner' from? Pretty sure Rashford, Sancho, Casemiro and Mount are all earning more than him.

Bruno Fernandes is a a very good player, goes missing yes, but there’s always a goal lurking there.

He is great for the national team.

United has a lot of average players to be fair. That doesn’t help.
He is good but he isn’t Messi or Ronaldo, you can’t expect him to carry the team every time.

My point is that he offers more than several other players on the pitch. Replacing him isn't an urgent priority. Whereas a CB and a RW is.

Where are you getting the 'second highest earner' from? Pretty sure Rashford, Sancho, Casemiro and Mount are all earning more than him.

When said player has to have everything revolve around him, it absolutely is a priority.

And I'm fecking tired of people referring to a random game that he doesn't play in as reason why we should never get rid of him. How about all of the games he did play in and was atrocious? Including this one btw, he was one of the worst on the pitch.

And we have more or less played Average to poor football And achieved feck all since he has been here not completely his fault but he has been major reason why we play the way we play , it's time to move to a different direction unless we are content with just being also rans .

When said player has to have everything revolve around him, it absolutely is a priority.
Does he have everything revolve around him for Portugal? Or could it be that he plays well for them because he has better players around him than the likes of Mctominay and Antony?

And I'm fecking tired of people referring to a random game that he doesn't play in as reason why we should never get rid of him. How about all of the games he did play in and was atrocious? Including this one btw, he was one of the worst on the pitch.
We can only go off the evidence we have when he's not playing. Sevilla away last season was another example. United look devoid of ideas when the most creative player in the squad is missing. If you want to sell him and replace him, then cool. Name some players who we can sign who will realistically match his goals and assists and explain how that money spent on a Bruno replacement would be a wiser investment than signing a RW or a CB.

Does he have everything revolve around him for Portugal? Or could it be that he plays well for them because he has better players around him than the likes of Mctominay and Antony?

We can only go off the evidence we have when he's not playing. Sevilla away last season was another example. United look devoid of ideas when the most creative player in the squad is missing. If you want to sell him and replace him, then cool. Name some players who we can sign who will realistically match his goals and assists and explain how that money spent on a Bruno replacement would be a wiser investment than signing a RW or a CB.

Quoting international football is pretty pointless, especially for midfielders as most teams don’t have drilled pressing/defensive structures so there is often much more space in the middle of the park. It’s the same reason Pogba was untouchable for France and looked like an all timer. Also Bruno putting up huge stats against Luxembourg and Moldova isn’t anything to write home about.

Him playing next to Scott McTominay today had nothing to do with him skewing crosses into row Z or passing the ball directly to the opposition.

Does it matter when he’s won us the game?

It does to some degree because consistency is built over a period of time, so does this level of performance by Bruno compound itself into another game against tougher opposition. This is where the issue lies, the manager will not last this season if his foresight goes as far as the next game, he needs to give consideration to what the objective view is of the team over the season.

Bruno cannot be described other than a catastrophe throughout a 90 min game of football but he justifies himself at times with key goals or assists. But when you consider the frequency this team has to get battered and the disastrous record against the top 8 (evident last year), there is a ceiling to his influence when it reaches a competitive level. Consider Maguire, fantastic when the team's objective is to absorb pressure and fall back but put him anywhere near the half way line and there's a different perspective because there's a different situation to observe his game from.

Fernandes is useful to a degree but his frailties in the phases of play hinders the team against better opposition. I don't think he should be sold or anything but there's a lot of context to his involvement which is why I've never understood when he was being compared with KDB.

Last edited:
It does to some degree because consistency is built over a period of time, so does this level of performance by Bruno compound itself into another game against tougher opposition. This is where the issue lies, the manager will not last this season if his foresight goes as far as the next game, he needs to give consideration to what the objective view is of the team over the season.

Bruno cannot be described other than a catastrophe throughout a 90 min game of football but he justifies himself at times with key goals or assists. But when you consider the frequency this team has to get battered and the disastrous record against the top 8 (evident last year), there is a ceiling to his influence when it reaches a competitive level. Consider Maguire, fantastic when the team's objective is to absorb pressure and fall back but put him anywhere near the half way line and there's a different perspective because there's a different situation to observe his game from.

Fernandes is useful to a degree but his frailties in the phases of play hinders the team against better opposition. I don't think he should be sold or anything but there's a lot of context to his involvement which is why I've never understood when he was being compared with KDB.

ridiculous description of one our best performers, if not the best performer overall since Ferguson.

Sounds like it was another abysmal performances with a goal to gloss over for the stat merchants who insist Bruno is world class.

ridiculous description of one our best performers, if not the best performer overall since Ferguson.

And Rashford has been the best attacker at the club since Ferguson yet some of his performances throughout a 90 min period have been disastrous. Pogba arguably who has been the best number 8 also falls into the same category. There are a multitude of elements that contribute to a game over 90 mins in the phases of play that these players have been poor at.

Wouldn't be surprised if some of the posters in here barely even celebrated our last minute winner today considering how much genuine hatred there is towards the player who banged it in.

Wouldn't be surprised if some of the posters in here barely even celebrated our last minute winner today considering how much genuine hatred there is towards the player who banged it in.
You defenders of Bruno, Ten Hag or who ever really throws the word hate or haters around alot.
There's no hate, just criticism.

Now that I know what the manager expects from him. I’d say he was brilliant today because he never stopped going for that one glorious moment.
It paid off and can’t say he didn’t do his job well today.

Said before, the guys who slaughter Bruno every week are picking on the wrong part of his game.

The biggest let down over the last two years or so is his finishing. He's way better than what he's shown. If Bruno's finishing like he can, scoring like we know he can, what a difference it would make.

For sure though if you want your number 9 and 10 to perform to their best you have to hold the ball further up the field as a team. We're just not playing in the opposition half enough for them to have a real impact.

Quoting international football is pretty pointless, especially for midfielders as most teams don’t have drilled pressing/defensive structures so there is often much more space in the middle of the park. It’s the same reason Pogba was untouchable for France and looked like an all timer. Also Bruno putting up huge stats against Luxembourg and Moldova isn’t anything to write home about.

Him playing next to Scott McTominay today had nothing to do with him skewing crosses into row Z or passing the ball directly to the opposition.
It doesn't stop people using it to defend players like Hojlund or Antony.

It's weird that until Carl Anka said it on the TOTD podcast I never really noticed he doesn't really run with the ball. He's a distributor, and isn't distributing.

Bruno's biggest problem is that:

A) He's been playing out of position. The RW experiment needs to stop. He's a #10. Stop moving him out of his best position to try and put others there who aren't as good

B) He tries to force it too much

Concentrating on B, isn't that why we love him? Yeah, he gives the ball away and tries things that he probably shouldn't, but without that, we wouldn't get those moments of magic that Bruno provides. I'd just like him to keep it to the final 3rd of the pitch. So take care of the ball better.

Other than that, Bruno is just the new scapegoat. It's a herd mentality around here. So if a few people start saying Bruno is the problem and we should strip him of the armband, others start to chime in. Let's face it. Most can't think for themselves and just repeat what others tell them to think. But Bruno is one of the few out there that will always give it his all. Sure, nobody likes the whining, but that's his competitive nature. He wants excellence. His teammates just need to step up...

Yeah his style has never been ball-carrying. What we need him to do is to be purposeful in passing and press with intensity.

It's just weird I never really noticed it before because he runs and runs, but most of that is without the ball defensively and getting into attacking positions.

I guess he worked well when the team played deeper counterattacking football more because the people running ahead into space to pass to. Under pressure he is too impulsive and panicked, and when things bunch up in the final third his passing feels too loose.

For a distributing player, he just doesn't seem clean enough in his actions.

And he is absolutely not a winger.

Enough of that positivity! Didn't you see him throw his arms in the air at some point in the game?! Absolutely disgusting behaviour and should be stripped of the captaincy and have his goal taken off him.
Finally you got the turn and it clicked.

Very good description.

Nice argument, mate. People not celebrating as much as "they should" means they are bad fans and therefor the things they say doesn't matter.

Said before, the guys who slaughter Bruno every week are picking on the wrong part of his game.

The biggest let down over the last two years or so is his finishing. He's way better than what he's shown. If Bruno's finishing like he can, scoring like we know he can, what a difference it would make.

For sure though if you want your number 9 and 10 to perform to their best you have to hold the ball further up the field as a team. We're just not playing in the opposition half enough for them to have a real impact.
Pretty sure they are picking exactly the parts of his game, that are often lacking. Popping up with a goal here and there is great, but as a midfielder, its more of a bonus. Iniesta wasn't measured by goals.

Add Bruno to the frontline, it might be a different conversation. Looking at what all our right wingers serve, we might as well put Bruno there. The BS of him being played as RW is simply wrong. He just starts slightly more on one side, when playing in "his position" he is also roaming a lot, I'd argue, it changes next to nothing.

It's just weird I never really noticed it before because he runs and runs, but most of that is without the ball defensively and getting into attacking positions.

I guess he worked well when the team played deeper counterattacking football more because the people running ahead into space to pass to. Under pressure he is too impulsive and panicked, and when things bunch up in the final third his passing feels too loose.

For a distributing player, he just doesn't seem clean enough in his actions.

And he is absolutely not a winger.

The issue is all our midfielders are like that and this results in no guile or movement in possession, nobody capable of attacking the space - even Mount feels like he prefers to just avoid possession and provide off-the-ball movement. Eriksen is as static as they come and then we have our DM options.

Compare it to City, it feels like they have 5+ midfielders capable of ball-carrying in the same lineup.

Nice argument, mate. People not celebrating as much as "they should" means they are bad fans and therefor the things they say doesn't matter.
Mate I'll celebrate every United goal, whether it's a last minute winner vs Fulham or a 3rd goal in a routine win over Sheriff, like it's the last goal I'll ever see. If other fans don't celebrate in the same way then that's on them, but I certainly wouldn't want to be stood next to them at the ground as we'd drive each other potty!

I was pleased that he seemed to be encouraging his team mates throughout the game rather than having a moan, so hope that continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.