View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the same every time we concede a chance/goal after a Bruno mistake. It doesn't matter if happens 3 seconds or 10 seconds later with a perfectly established defence. It was still Bruno's fault.

Not good today. Far from our worst. Shit day at the office from practically everyone.

It wasn’t even a mistake. The defender was blocking the ball if he had tried to hit it. The insane hatred he generates has been mental all season. Blaming him for their second goal is a new low. Delusional nonsense.

Not a good performance overall. Obviously didn’t help that the central midfield platform a number 10 needs to perform was nonexistent but yeah, he didn’t have a good game. Diallo and Evans probably the only United players who turned up tonight.

I won't blame him for their 2nd goal because there was enough time to rectify it however the dummy he did prior to it, was completely blind, stupid and unneccessary.

So what do you think, did his great performance in the last Forest match help him or not?

Seems like I was onto something after the last match. I think, it was a total failure from the team, didn't think he was particularly bad but in the end it was also a relatively typical Bruno match. Busy but limited end product, long balls that created openings, long balls that conceded possession. Midfield just doesn't work. For me, this failure is on ETH for a gamble in Halftime that didn't pay off. Bruno has to be the highest midfielder. If, for whatever reason can't play there, get him off the pitch or on the right side. Everything else is just not worth the huzzle.
I thought his performance today was nowhere near as poor as some of his teammates. But, in classic caf fashion, this thread is more active than most others post-match.

I feared the worst when Mctominay was brought on for Mainoo as that midfield was unlikely to provide the right balance.

I have no hatred towards Bruno. I think we are a far worse team without him. I don't even have any problems with his whining, as it's part of the modern game. But his decision to dummy that pass was abysmal. There was no one behind him to dummy it to. The defense and McT are the main culprits, but he shares part of the responsibility for the goal due to a cheap giveaway. I've called out Pogba for doing similar things and I think Bruno shouldn't be exempt from it either.

So what do you think, did his great performance in the last Forest match help him or not?

Seems like I was onto something after the last match. I think, it was a total failure from the team, didn't think he was particularly bad but in the end it was also a relatively typical Bruno match. Busy but limited end product, long balls that created openings, long balls that conceded possession. Midfield just doesn't work. For me, this failure is on ETH for a gamble in Halftime that didn't pay off. Bruno has to be the highest midfielder. If, for whatever reason can't play there, get him off the pitch or on the right side. Everything else is just not worth the huzzle.

"I was onto something"

At this point you're Zaafi with a bit of fancier sounding analysis.

Most talentless overhyped footballer we have ever had based on reputation. Can’t wait for him to leave.

I won't blame him for their 2nd goal because there was enough time to rectify it however the dummy he did prior to it, was completely blind, stupid and unneccessary.
Have you watched the game or are you only here to comment other posts?

How many chances did he create today, anyone have the stats?

Can't wait until he leaves, in all honesty. I would cash in at the end of the season if a Saudi club is interested.

I thought his performance today was nowhere near as poor as some of his teammates. But, in classic caf fashion, this thread is more active than most others post-match.

I feared the worst when Mctominay was brought on for Mainoo as that midfield was unlikely to provide the right balance.
Well he is the captain, he is polarizing the fanbase (not just him also some of his fans and some of his critics) plus he made it easy to criticize him as he had an unfortunate moment in the 2nd goal. Granted, some people were eager to get into this thread today. But also lets not act as if you weren't ready for beef as well. And the parrot was ready to jump in as soon as you or Pogue were sticking your heads out... It was a shitty game and very shitty result. Based on your own logic, now should be the time for some well earned negativity :) Don't you think?

"I was onto something"

At this point you're Zaafi with a bit of fancier sounding analysis.
I think it is saying something, that you seem to try to insult me with another posters name. The thing "I was onto" after last game, was that maybe Forrest wouldn't provide the same conditions in midfield and that then, all midfielder, especially Bruno won't be able to shine as much. It is a very generic statement. I still don't understand why so many get triggered by it. Favourable conditions make it easier to shine. When it is hot outside, the chances to sweat are higher. Same logic. But apparently when Bruno is involved we really have to make sure what is meant by "when", "hot", "outside", "sweat" and "higher".

Are you here to comment mine ? I didn't quote anyone so I don't get what you're on about anyway.
Feck. I didn't mean to quote you but the post above. Damn, moment passed.

Apologies to you, should have rechecked before sending

I don't think we should get rid of him. As I've said elsewhere though, he shouldn't be captain. He's only really captain because he's always (apart from suspensions due to totting up of petty yellow cards) available. We need someone with authority as captain that can grip the team, be that extension of the manager (whoever that may be) on the pitch. He isn't that. But who do we have that is consistently available?

His version of captaincy is trying to cover every bit of pitch, trying to play everybody else's position but his.

Lost the ball 28 times today and it was 24 last game after being back in his favorite position.

United's xG in both games combined is 1.76.

Doesn't seem it's worth sacrificing not playing any cohesive football for that long to indulge a player like him.

The thing with Bruno and that dummy prior to the second goal is that he too often tries to do things blindly, by heart, instinctively. Way too often for a team that is seeking control and should dominate the opponent. Sometimes it pans out perfectly, especially those passes against high lines, but most often is just a useless loss of possession.

We need a full blown midfield clear out and rebuild like Liverpool did last summer, and he should be the first name out. Imagine how much more control of games we would have if someone like Wirtz was playing for us in the role instead.

If it was upto me he would be the first player I would sell. Before Martial, before Wan Bissaka, before Dalot, before Antony, before Maguire, before Mctom, before anyone.

It would be our Coutinho moment if we can sell this petulant child who our oaf of a manger decided to make captain. We didn't sell Pogba and eventually had to let him leave for free and the same will happen if we don't sell Bruno at the right time.

A few assists & "chances created" are not worth his overall atrocious general play and his innate ability to get worse when things get tough. His wild passes and penchant for losing the ball is not worth whatever attacking output he produces. We'll never be a good team with him at the center of things.

Cash in while he still has value or we are are going to regret it. Another one who got a bumper contract when there wasn't a hurry to give him one.

We need a full blown midfield clear out and rebuild like Liverpool did last summer, and he should be the first name out. Imagine how much more control of games we would have if someone like Wirtz was playing for us in the role instead.
We need a full squad clear out, that is the truth of it. I'd keep Garnacho, Hojlund and a few of the other promising youngsters and ship everyone else to saudi or wherever else they'll pay their overinflated wages. None of these players have either the quality or the mentality required for the shirt.

The fact that there are always 3/4 posters ready to defend these players like they've done anything worthwhile in their time here is so baffling to me. Wake up, Bruno, Rashford, Wan Bissaka, Eriksen etc they are not good enough.

Absolutely ridiculous stat that.

I don't know how much blame to put on the way we play and how much blame to put on Bruno himself. But you can't have any player giving the ball away that much, if you hope to dominate and win a game of football.

I'm baffled tbh.

Portuguese talent in the league:

Bernado Silva
Diogo Jota
Pedro Neto

...and we have Bruno Fernandes.

Shock horror, nowhere to be seen after the game. Couldn't wait to come out after the Villa win. Coward of a man.

Can’t remember the last time we had such a dislikable captain. For all his downfalls on the pitch last season, Harry always came out and fronted up. Forget his numbers, Fernandes is a very average player who is so frustrating to watch.

The thing with this lad, is that he almost never take his time with the ball.
He can't, he's too weak, he can't shield the ball or take on players directly so if there's the mearest hint of pressure (often caused by his teammates being lazy, and passing to Bruno because to his credit he does make himself available to recieve the ball) he quickly passes, occasionally very well like the disallowed goal versus Villa but mostly not, often blind or to a player (usually Rashford) who's already offside, some choose to interpret this as an intentional quick release style of play, it's mostly panic in my eyes.

Simply put, people not liking this guy as captain are in fact not liking that our team has no world class / talisman player. If we did, they’d probably be captain. But we don’t so we put it on the player that is very good at certain things and average at others, but plays 90 mins every single game.

there is no alternative so stop crying about this point over and over again.

Our squad being below average talent wise is not any individual players fault. Or even the manager tbh.

We need to cash in on him and fast.

His production has dropped massively to no longer compensate for his Hollywood style football(arguable if it ever did).

Unfortunately we have a club where certain players are not punished for bad performances, some of this is due to injuries, depth in positions and some down to the running of the club.
Players like Bruno/Rashford etc mostly know that no matter how good/bad they play they’ll more than likely be picked for the next game, So why would they be 101% committed. At some point during a game (if they’re playing bad or average) they become uninterested and think “I’ll turn it around next game”.
Look at other teams with squad depth, players will come on or start and play like their life’s depends on it.
Playing for the badge with modern day players is becoming less and less and if there are no repercussions for playing bad eg. benched, then they simply don’t care as much as they should.
Bruno has no competition for his place, so he will always play and he knows it, which means his performances will fluctuate.

I was watching the game, we try to do short precise passing trying to break down the opponent defense and when that sequence gets more than 3-4 passes, he gets that urge to play that hollywood pass hoping something happens.

Consistently breaks down our attacks. Never takes his time on the ball and always has a weird urgency to just keep throwing shite on the wall.

We need to cash in on him and fast.

His production has dropped massively to no longer compensate for his Hollywood style football(arguable if it ever did).
Sadly I don't think we have the braintrust to realise this.

He's a tactical hindrance.
He has 2 seasons left on his contract after this one.
He's at his peak.
He'll have some good performances in the Euros I reckon.
And I'm also convinced he's going to run himself into the ground soon enough ala Alexis Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.