Best transfer window ever?

For now close to the worst ever. But still got time.

So far Ineos have talked the talk. They need to show if they can also walk the walk

In case we aren’t doing the deals we should be doing because of other clubs not willing to pay the asking prices for the players who are not part of our major plans then we need to cut the prices. This squad has to be transformed as fast as possible. If we get rid of 5-7 more players and are able to only bring in 2 or 3 who are the right ones and rely more on youth an average season would be more acceptable. Seeing the same players and finish 8th again is not acceptable.

Falcao, Di Maria, Shaw, Herrera, Rojo, Blind - Summer 2014, so much promise - flopped so so hard.

I'm starting to realise we will probably not sign a CB or DM this window, since we are unable to sell Lindelof and McTominay.

So a window of :

Yoro
Mazraoui
Zirkzee

Not looking good tbh.

I'm starting to realise we will probably not sign a CB or DM this window, since we are unable to sell Lindelof and McTominay.

So a window of :

Yoro
Mazraoui
Zirkzee

Not looking good tbh.

The space temporarily occupied by Amrabat should still be filled though, but if we do not ship Casemiro/McTominay/Eriksen most likely we'd only get someone like Berge this summer without further reinforcements.

Very disappointing, if nothing else, that people of the calibre that we brought in, to ensure we were prepared in a footballing sense for the new season, have seemingly also drawn a blank with regard to getting deals over the line.

Even if the proposed deals come in before the window shuts, we are starting the season with potential banana skins that will kill any of the optimism we ended last season with.

Falcao, Di Maria, Shaw, Herrera, Rojo, Blind - Summer 2014, so much promise - flopped so so hard.

The one after that too. Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Memphis, Darmian, Martial, Romero.

I was convinced Schneiderlin was the guy, and Schweinsteiger would be a fun short-term stop gap.

Best thing to come from that window was somehow conning Everton into paying us what we paid for Schneiderlin 1 year later. Suckers.

The space temporarily occupied by Amrabat should still be filled though, but if we do not ship Casemiro/McTominay/Eriksen most likely we'd only get someone like Berge this summer without further reinforcements.
We already have 6 midfielders, I think Mainoo coming into first team has effectively replaced Amrabat as a squad member. Unless we can sell McT/Eriksen, I woulb be surprised if we bring a midfielder in.

The one after that too. Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Memphis, Darmian, Martial, Romero.

I was convinced Schneiderlin was the guy, and Schweinsteiger would be a fun short-term stop gap.

Best thing to come from that window was somehow conning Everton into paying us what we paid for Schneiderlin 1 year later. Suckers.
oh yeah. Some of our early transfer windows were so box office.

Pogba and Zlatan was wonderful too.

I'm not even sure the plan is to have 7 senior midfielders. We only ended up with 7 last year because Mainoo unexpectedly became a first team regular.

2 players per position is enough, so 6 midfielders is fine. It's the quality of those 6 that are the issue, more specifically Casemiro Mctominay and Eriksen all need replacing...

This has been a horrible window. The Yoro signing was really exciting, but unfortunately he got injured immediately. The squad is weaker than last season's and has injuries in several important positions going into the season. Missing all our best cbs to injury aside from Licha. Need to rely on a young Amass at lb due to having no reliable player in that position. Our only proper striker is injured for the start of the season. No backup for Casemiro. Also, a good chance that players like Licha, Mainoo, Garnacho and Zirkzee will take a while to get up to fitness.

On top of that, I'm not sold on any player we've been linked with actually making us better. The squad players should have already been bought before the start of the season. We'd have been better keeping Amrabat than our current situation.

Easily one of the worst transfer windows. Some false 9 lad and a young CB that's already out for half the season. Squad still full of deadwood. Team worse than last season.

It’s gone from looking like one of the best to being one of the worst. Two signings, an injured 18 year old centre-back and a striker who describes himself as a 9.5. Good players, but we desperately need a midfielder. We need De Ligt, Mazraoui, and Ugarte.

It’s gone from looking like one of the best to being one of the worst. Two signings, an injured 18 year old centre-back and a striker who describes himself as a 9.5. Good players, but we desperately need a midfielder. We need De Ligt, Mazraoui, and Ugarte.
It was never looking like being one of the best. People just got over excited about transfer rumours like they do every summer. They weren't even exciting players either, CBs and a DM not wanted by their clubs.

For now close to the worst ever. But still got time.

So far Ineos have talked the talk. They need to show if they can also walk the walk
First thing they said was to be patient and let the club build on the future and include the club's youth.

Have been a decent window so far. with de Ligt and Mazraoui confirmed.

With Ugarte (most likely), Mario Hermoso to be signed, this might be a good window in recent years as we haven't overpaid.

Still problem with selling of deadwood exists.

Bumped up from a terrible window to a decent window. If we get Hermoso and Ugarte in I'll be quietly optimistic that we won't embarrass ourselves this season and will be alright.

I'd rate de Ligt as a good, not great, player. He's certainly not in the world class category, and isn't good enough to be first-choice for his country, but I do think he could wind up being a solid EPL defender. I'd rate him at about the same level of Martinez, and I think that if they stay fit they'll be a 'good enough' pairing for us.

Mazraoui I know next to nothing about; before we were linked with him I don't think I'd even heard of him. So, not a terribly exciting signing.

Yoro remains an exciting young prospect; Zirkzee remains an underwhelming signing I see as a squad rotation player.

Window remains underwhelming overall. We desperately need a #6 before the window closes and let's hope Ineos can pull off at least one surprise (Toney or De Jong).

I'd rate de Ligt as a good, not great, player. He's certainly not in the world class category, and isn't good enough to be first-choice for his country, but I do think he could wind up being a solid EPL defender. I'd rate him at about the same level of Martinez, and I think that if they stay fit they'll be a 'good enough' pairing for us.

Mazraoui I know next to nothing about; before we were linked with him I don't think I'd even heard of him. So, not a terribly exciting signing.

Yoro remains an exciting young prospect; Zirkzee remains an underwhelming signing I see as a squad rotation player.

Window remains underwhelming overall. We desperately need a #6 before the window closes and let's hope Ineos can pull off at least one surprise (Toney or De Jong).
He absolutely is.

Yoro
Zirkzee
De Ligt
Mazraoui

So far it's 5/10

Lots of potential to increase that number if we can add a CDM, LB, LCB, RW and CM

Selling Casemiro/Lindelof/Sancho/Pellestri /McTominay/Antony are key to those deals happening so see what INEOS can do.

Yoro
Zirkzee
De Ligt
Mazraoui

So far it's 5/10

Lots of potential to increase that number if we can add a CDM, LB, LCB, RW and CM

Selling Casemiro/Lindelof/Sancho/Pellestri /McTominay/Antony are key to those deals happening so see what INEOS can do.
You're being a bit harsh. I'd say 6.5/10 for incomings but we need a CDM and probably a LB.

Outgoings we've struggled a bit. We should have got rid of another 4 or 5 players.

You're being a bit harsh. I'd say 6.5/10 for incomings but we need a CDM and probably a LB.

Outgoings we've struggled a bit. We should have got rid of another 4 or 5 players.
2 weeks left of the window. It could be quiet, or it could be a crazy one. The incomings clearly depends on the outgoings. Still have atleast 5 players we'd want to sell and then we can replace them.

Now we've got competent people in charge, I'm alot more optimistic for the end of the window and think I'll end up thinking the window was a 8/9 out of 10.

Window has been good defensively but not enough goals added to the team. We shd be looking to add goals from midfield and up front.

Shame we didn’t get Olmo and added a goal scorer up top. I like Zirkzee but he is not prolific in his career so far .

Yoro
Zirkzee
De Ligt
Mazraoui

So far it's 5/10

Username checks out.

Some of the posters on here seem to think we have an unlimited budget. In an ideal world we get a couple of midfielders, but even with just one it would have been an excellent window.

I do get annoyed thinking about how we wasted money signing Mount. He's such a nothing player, we could of used that to buy a midfielder or two.

Yoro
Zirkzee
De Ligt
Mazraoui

So far it's 5/10

You do realize selling Antony is actually impossible? No club in the world would pay his wages.

It’s ok. Yoro is an exciting signing for sure. Like other have pointed out; midfield needs to be addressed this window and we are lacking goals for sure

This has been a horrible window. The Yoro signing was really exciting, but unfortunately he got injured immediately. The squad is weaker than last season's and has injuries in several important positions going into the season. Missing all our best cbs to injury aside from Licha. Need to rely on a young Amass at lb due to having no reliable player in that position. Our only proper striker is injured for the start of the season. No backup for Casemiro. Also, a good chance that players like Licha, Mainoo, Garnacho and Zirkzee will take a while to get up to fitness.

On top of that, I'm not sold on any player we've been linked with actually making us better. The squad players should have already been bought before the start of the season. We'd have been better keeping Amrabat than our current situation.
Drama.

If he were, he'd be a nailed-on starter for them, which he isn't.
Managers have their favourites. Judging players based on if they start for their country or not is stupid.

Koeman was picking Weghorst ahead of Zirkzee. Is he the better player then? Frimpong wasn't starting for them coming off a superb season for Leverkusen.

If he were, he'd be a nailed-on starter for them, which he isn't.

We just have a lot of very good defenders. Virgil van Dijk is the captain and many still see him as the best in the Premier League. Stefan de Vrij has been voted as best defender in the Serie A and is used to playing in a three at the back system.

When we have the ball, Dumfries storms forward. That makes our defense a back three with de Vrij, Virgil and Ake. In that role as right centre back in a three , de Vrij is more comfortable and more used to playing that role than de Ligt.

De Ligt didnt play because he isnt good enough, he didnt play because of tactical reasons.

Just because Koeman is an incompetent buffoon doesn’t mean De Ligt isn’t class.

Just because Koeman is an incompetent buffoon doesn’t mean De Ligt isn’t class.

This player has been bought and sold by big clubs three times now, for less and less each time.

If he were world class, this wouldn't be happening.

This player has been bought and sold by big clubs three times now, for less and less each time.

If he were world class, this wouldn't be happening.

If you had actually looked into it, Juve never wanted to sell him.