Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

To summarise (and please correct me if I am wrong)
Barca paid £1.x million to a guy who was a senior member of the Spanish league referees association over a period of 10+ years. They did not account for this expenditure in their accounts. He did not account for this income either.
And “nothing to see here”?
Spanish folk have never heard of Occam’s razor ?

He was the vice-president of the Referees' Technical Committee.

What we know now for sure is that amount you refer to (around €1.6 million) was paid from 2016 until 2018.

Some other people have talked about payments being made way before that, which include Nuñez, Gaspart, Laporta, Rosell and Bartomeu as presidents. But this has not been proven yet.

Some informations talk about €6.6 million being paid since 2001, i.e.

What we know now for sure is that amount you refer to (around €1.6 million) was paid from 2016 until 2018.

Some other people have talked about payments being made way before that, which include Nuñez, Gaspart, Laporta, Rosell and Bartomeu as presidents. But this has not been proven yet.

Thank you for the reply.
With the info that is available right now I don’t see how this can possibly be explained legitimately …..

Neumann please save us…….

Believe what you want. I don't spend my time trying to provide information anymore. Everyone who believes what he wants.
Today I can't answer anymore, I don't have time. Tomorrow I will put videos and other things.
If you think that because you insult me, disrespect me and put false data I will hide ... Not really.
This thread will go to infinity.
Just a few hours between these 2 messages. What happened there? Did you get the paycheck?

I wonder how many levers Barca had to pull to bribe the refs and hire the bots.

Thread here

What’s dodgy as feck is that this wasn’t documented, there’s nothing to say there was any business between them to justify the money but a verbal agreement
Barcelona paying the head of La Liga’s referees under the table. Extremely shady but common for such a cnutish and cheating institution. Refereelona!

Looking forward to saint Pep answer some question regarding this :angel:

Just a few hours between these 2 messages. What happened there? Did you get the paycheck?

I wonder how many levers Barca had to pull to bribe the refs and hire the bots.
Niemans is a lot of things, he is definitely not a bot. He argues in Barca's corner with a passion that no bot can replicate.

I didn't hate Barca despite the two CL finals. But after the last match I do despise and hate those cheating cnuts. As much as I hate Madrid after the Nani red card. Mes que un club my arse.

To summarise (and please correct me if I am wrong)
Barca paid £1.x million to a guy who was a senior member of the Spanish league referees association over a period of 10+ years. They did not account for this expenditure in their accounts. He did not account for this income either.
And “nothing to see here”?
Spanish folk have never heard of Occam’s razor ?

Sounds an awful lot like the Spanish doping scandal that was also swept under the carpet. Similar time period as well.

I didn't hate Barca despite the two CL finals. But after the last match I do despise and hate those cheating cnuts. As much as I hate Madrid after the Nani red card. Mes que un club my arse.
They've always been this 'on me high horse' and 'holier than yew' kinda club though. Especially the fans, combined with their Messi fanboying, probably the most insufferable set of fans back when they were still the top dog.

Imagine if United were in La Liga. We’d have won the title already. HOW ARE THEY SO DOMINANT IN THEIR LEAGUE HAHA

This is just one of many examples of referees favoring Farca on most occasions.

The scandal of Stamford Bridge being the clearest example.

That was still the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. And I abhor Chelsea.

Now that these referees payment allegations are out, I don't think it's beyond the realm of impossibility to think something fishy went on that day.

That was still the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. And I abhor Chelsea.

Now that these referees payment allegations are out, I don't think it's beyond the realm of impossibility to think something fishy went on that day.
That red card against RVP still takes the cake for me.

Makes Pep’s insinuations that La Liga was corrupt in Real’s favour, all the adversity Barca had to face etc, look pretty interesting now :)

I always felt the referees were favoring them since the Thiago Motta red card against Inter.
I didn't read any messages. Can they be proven guilty ?

I just find it absolutely hilarious that they've made unaccounted payments to a guy having direct access to refs, potentially spanning 15 years or more, and that anyone could argue that it's above board. The amount of kool-aid Barça fans have swallowed is mystifying.

tbf it's not obvious that Barcelona 'bought' league titles or anything like that. I would imagine they didn't.

What does seem clear is that they paid a guy who, ethically and morally, they should not have been paying, and that these payments were somewhat concealed. That raises serious questions about the legitimacy of what they were paying him for, regardless of its effectiveness.

The public website of the company Dasnil 95 (the one receiving all this money) said they sold keychains and mugs for companies to put their logo on. There is no obvious reason why a legitimate 'football consulting' business would have a public image that is unrelated to football. The company is registered in some random house and there is no evidence that any business ever operated there.

The company's website was last archived by the Internet Archive in 2019. The administrator of the company was Javier Enriquez, the ref man's son. He has his own website, in which he advertises his service as a football coach. The website was registered in September 2018. Barcelona stopped paying Dasnil 95 in June 2018. Dasnil's own website was last archived in 2019.

The company's income seems to have been almost entirely attributable to Barcelona. From 2015 to 2018 the company was billing Barcelona something like 45 thousand euros per month. Worth pointing out: refs don't change much every season. The majority of refs from 15/16 season were present in the 17/18 season (14 out of 20). Your referee reports from 15/16 would not look particularly different than the ones from 17/18. So why are you paying for this monthly? 45k for updates on a referee's character?

Barcelona FC claim they were paying for videos of lower division players. It is not very clear why a company would offer this services to a single client, a company ran by a guy who is not a scout or manager. Also raises the question of why a company providing an ostensibly useful service for many years would fold after losing their only client.

Also, this isn't some situation where Barcelona FC cannot defend themselves. But the defense is not posting old videos of refereeing calls and whine about persecution. The defense is to release some of these reports and DVDs produced by the company. Both the club and the administration claim this material exists. I assume it does, too.

Football is a shady sport with a lot of money flowing. It's not only Juve or Barca. I am sure PL referees are getting similar kind of "gifts" from our shady clubs especially seeing some of unexplainable refereeing. Hell even the governing organisations like UEFA and FIFA are corrupt as feck so what can we expect really? Football is no longer just a sport, it's a multi billion $ industry with some of the very influential people/entire countries taking part in it.
Sad thing is that probably nothing will be done, nobody has any real intention of doing anything because it will hurt the league. Few points deduction is what we can hope for most which will mean feck all in the end.

HOW CAN YOU CRITICISE SPANISH REFEREES WHEN THERE ARE ENGLISH REFEREES HAVING FULL SEX WITH ACTUAL DOGS?!?!?

Pep may have benefited from City's cheating.

He may also have benefited from Barca's cheating.

Any word on what shady antics Bayern were up to?

Drugs ban as a player and has now won with clubs with all the shady antics going on in the background.... I hope he gets a nice big * beside every trophy.

Pep may have benefited from City's cheating.

He may also have benefited from Barca's cheating.

Any word on what shady antics Bayern were up to?

Drugs ban as a player and has now won with clubs with all the shady antics going on in the background.... I hope he gets a nice big * beside every trophy.
Holy shit there’s an actual chance all but Peps Bayern trophies could be struck off the record

HOW CAN YOU CRITICISE SPANISH REFEREES WHEN THERE ARE ENGLISH REFEREES HAVING FULL SEX WITH ACTUAL DOGS?!?!?

That’s an unseemly way to talk about Kevin Friend’s wife. Totally uncalled for.

tbf it's not obvious that Barcelona 'bought' league titles or anything like that. I would imagine they didn't.

What does seem clear is that they paid a guy who, ethically and morally, they should not have been paying, and that these payments were somewhat concealed. That raises serious questions about the legitimacy of what they were paying him for, regardless of its effectiveness.
Oh I wouldn't suggest that they've been buying league titles, but honestly... it doesn't really matter what the ultimate intention was, or the result. Just the payments in themselves are shady as feck.

Also the defence of some on here showing videos of refs in other games is absolutely laughable.

This is what we know so far:

Negreira, vicepresident of the Refeereing Technical Comittee, received an amount close to 7M€ through a company that he created and through another company created by his son, who was also involved on the comitee and would drive the refs from the hotel to the stadiums.

So did this affect somehow?

So far we only know in detail that 1.6M€ total payments happened between 2016 and 2018. In this timeframe in La Liga Barca had 3 penalties given against them and 33 penalties against their rivals. In this lapse of time Barca also had only 3 players sent off while 28 rivals were sent off.

We also know that the additional payments happened since Joan Gaspart presidency (2000-2003). This tweet has a graph that shows the difference between red cards awarded against the teams a club faced and the red cards awarded against that club, from season 2004/2005 until 2020/2021 in La Liga (could not find another time frame but even this one really shows something interesting)

In this time period Barca had a net positive of 55 red cards. The next club with the best ratio is Sevilla with 17. Atlético has 10, Athletic 6, Valencia -5, Real Madrid -5.

So what could the consequences of this refereering be?

An indeep investigation would be needed to answer this but a fast comparison can be interesting. In the time frame of Barca-ref payments both Barca and Real Madrid had a golden era.

From 2000 until 2018 Barca won:

-4 Champions League

-10 La Ligas and 6 Copa del Rey

From 2000 until 2018 Real Madrid won:

-6 Champions League

-6 La Ligas and 2 Copa del Rey

So the team that paid La Liga refs did better domestically and worse in Europa than the team that did not.

Last edited:
Reactions: oates
I think there is a very relevant part people are not paying attention to for some reason, which is what Negreira stated in the Prosecutor's report.

According to the Prosecutor's report, Mr. Enrique Negreira stated that "Barcelona paid him to ensure that arbitration decisions were not made against them, to make them all neutral”

So this could have also happened when the personnel that City stole from Barcelona were in place. Interesting.

I think there is a very relevant part people are not paying attention to for some reason, which is what Negreira stated in the Prosecutor's report.

According to the Prosecutor's report, Mr. Enrique Negreira stated that "Barcelona paid him to ensure that arbitration decisions were not made against them, to make them all neutral”

Surely that’s them fecked now?

Not necessarily.

He did not say its to ensure decisions are in their favor. Its to ensure decisions are neutral.
But it says it was to make sure arbitration rulings didn’t go against them?

But it says it was to make sure arbitration rulings didn’t go against them?

He'll clarify that he meant "decisions didn't go against them unfairly, and all that decision making was neutral and not biased".