Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

I'm not of your opinion @Niemans but I appreciate how you succeed in argueing respectfully, sometimes with annoyingly good counters, in a generally adverse environment. They could use this strength of character very well at your club.

I agree. I like him.

By saying you don't need to, you're refusing to know the reality of what happened. You don't want to see those plays because you know I'm right and its true. Otherwise you would be happy to throw it in my face.

If there are 38 games per team per season, and maybe 2 or 3 controversial plays per game as average per game and you cover a total of (let's say) 10 seasons, that means you can you can easily show videos where you can pick a huge amount of plays that point at your direction.

Consider 2 teams, and increment the number of tournaments (not just the league) and there is even more cherry picking you can do.

Do the math.

The fact you believe you are proving something by showing a few plays in here shows a huge deal of naivety.

Maybe the latest scandal - and it is pretty incredible - was the reason for the strong showing of the ref in that first half, though he waned in his performance.

Surely the main problem with debating particular questionable calls is that all clubs at the top level are looking to cheat all the time during games. If they can con a referee they will so even if paid to be bias they'll be times a ref makes a wrong decision anyway because its really hard to be a ref in the face of systemic discepton

Trends over a longer period regarding pens and red cards are far more telling than singular bad decisions in the classico imo Someone posted them earlier in the thread and the numbers were stark

Taking a thread off topic
Based on Messi's penalties records in those years, he could well have missed it, remember the one he missed against Chelsea not long after?

Hey @Cal? I'm legitamtely asking but how did you feel when Messi won the world cup? I know it killing the GOAT debate may have annoyed you, but how do you feel about the end of their careers played out as I am sure you were annoyed with Ronaldo's antics as well.

By saying you don't need to, you're refusing to know the reality of what happened.

The reality of what happened is that you lost in 2016/2017 because you were worse than in previous years.

Barcelona conceded 37 goals in that league season. They conceded 29 and 21 in the previous two seasons.

In the Champions League, Barcelona lost 4-0 to PSG. They made it through after a 6-1 win which had a controversial refereeing performance. Then Barcelona lost 0-3 to Juventus and soon crashed out of the competition.

It was a team that was not quite working and you are using selective videos to make it look like they deserved to break the points record. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Hey @Cal? I'm legitamtely asking but how did you feel when Messi won the world cup? I know it killing the GOAT debate may have annoyed you, but how do you feel about the end of their careers played out as I am sure you were annoyed with Ronaldo's antics as well.
Upset, mainly cos I wanted France to win and I dislike many Argie players.

Now Muani has taken the place of Higuain in future Mbappe v Haaland debates.

It would seem highly probably such a huge some of money can only have been for nefarious reasons. No one is paying €7m for a bit of advice... Regardless of the supposed 5 years statute of limitations, the federation can of course just change that.

If Barcelona are guilty, they must be relegated at least. It's as simple as that. There will also surely then be criminal charges.

The videos are proof that in certain moments where Barcelona do not whistle a penalty against the team was harmed and not favored as the media say handled by the puppets of Florentino Pérez.

The whole story comes from them. Yesterday doing specials on television García Ferreras and Josep Pedrerol. His 2 biggest puppets.

You announce the creation of the superliga and Florentino is going to announce it to the Chiringuito , Pedrerol's program. How they are going to take you seriously presenting the super league in that program??

Why would Perez be leading a anti-corruption campaign against Barca at this moment in time when he is highly reliant on them to get his Super League dream off the ground?

The Super League is already on life support with the doctors wanting to switch it off. Barcelona getting done for bribing refs will completely kill it.

He's deluded, but he's resilient.

The Jordi Alba dive for that pen on the previous page has to be one of the most grotesque simulations I've seen. And not only on a football field, I'm including my personal life too.

This one by Gilardino is still my favorite.

I'm not of your opinion @Niemans but I appreciate how you succeed in argueing respectfully, sometimes with annoyingly good counters, in a generally adverse environment. They could use this strength of character very well at your club.
I agree. I like him.

Many thanks to both

People can talk about everything as long as it is polite, although it is also understood that people can get angry.
I like everyone even if I don't agree with what they say.

If there are 38 games per team per season, and maybe 2 or 3 controversial plays per game as average per game and you cover a total of (let's say) 10 seasons, that means you can you can easily show videos where you can pick a huge amount of plays that point at your direction.

Consider 2 teams, and increment the number of tournaments (not just the league) and there is even more cherry picking you can do.

Do the math.

The fact you believe you are proving something by showing a few plays in here shows a huge deal of naivety.

To know what really happened, you must analyze everything. If you don't see the matches how can you argue your opinion?.

I've put in pictures 10 goals in offside of Real Madrid that year. That's not a few plays.

And I put 3 actions against Barcelona that if Messi gets the penalty against Villarreal would be 6 points more.

Real Madrid finished with 93 points and Barcelona with 90 and the goal average in favor. It is not even necessary to analyze the plays of Madrid, only with those of Barcelona would already be champion.

I also put the goal wrongly disallowed to Messi against Atletico Madrid that would give the league to Barcelona.

Here the only ones who do not want to analyze those plays are several of the fans of Real Madrid.

You have simply taken a statistic favorable to your narrative in a short period of time. Not even during the years that the payment to that person.

I can also take this year's statistic and make a narrative. For example:

- Only one penalty in favor of Barça in the last 41 matches.

And now the conspiracy theory " UEFA hurts Barcelona because they are in the super league."
Look how easy, take a statistic and invent a narrative and then put a couple of plays where they harm Barcelona.

- FC Barcelona has only shot once from penalty this season by 15 of Madrid, 10 of them in La Liga.

And I put the narrative I want. And I refuse to see what other users put me is not going to be that they throw me all down.

The reality of what happened is that you lost in 2016/2017 because you were worse than in previous years.

Barcelona conceded 37 goals in that league season. They conceded 29 and 21 in the previous two seasons.

In the Champions League, Barcelona lost 4-0 to PSG. They made it through after a 6-1 win which had a controversial refereeing performance. Then Barcelona lost 0-3 to Juventus and soon crashed out of the competition.

It was a team that was not quite working and you are using selective videos to make it look like they deserved to break the points record. It's ridiculous.

That Barcelona has played worse than other years has nothing to do with what happened in the 16-17 season.
It seems incredible that this has to be explained.

To know what really happened, you must analyze everything. If you don't see the matches how can you argue your opinion?.

I've put in pictures 10 goals in offside of Real Madrid that year. That's not a few plays.

And I put 3 actions against Barcelona that if Messi gets the penalty against Villarreal would be 6 points more.

Real Madrid finished with 93 points and Barcelona with 90 and the goal average in favor. It is not even necessary to analyze the plays of Madrid, only with those of Barcelona would already be champion.

I also put the goal wrongly disallowed to Messi against Atletico Madrid that would give the league to Barcelona.

Here the only ones who do not want to analyze those plays are several of the fans of Real Madrid.

You have simply taken a statistic favorable to your narrative in a short period of time. Not even during the years that the payment to that person.

And now the conspiracy theory " UEFA hurts Barcelona because they are in the super league."
Look how easy, take a statistic and invent a narrative and then put a couple of plays where they harm Barcelona.

- FC Barcelona has only shot once from penalty this season by 15 of Madrid, 10 of them in La Liga.

And I put the narrative I want. And I refuse to see what other users put me is not going to be that they throw me all down.
Niemans, we are not judging whether you benefited or not, but the fact that you have paid the vice-president of the referees for many years.
All these examples, although valid, are blown away with the wind.
The feeling of doubt, of mistrust will remain for a long time.
It reminds me of Mister Seitan, the guy from twitter whom you took several videos.
The first thing he did as soon as he heard the news was to look for mistakes instead of considering what had happened.
The club, instead of defending itself, issued a statement saying that it was sorry that this was happening at this good moment of the season.
Laporta remains silent, which seems to implicate him even more.
I don't know if it's a denial phase but I've seen few Culés being critical of what is happening

Niemans, we are not judging whether you benefited or not, but the fact that you have paid the vice-president of the referees for many years.
All these examples, although valid, are blown away with the wind.
The feeling of doubt, of mistrust will remain for a long time.
It reminds me of Mister Seitan, the guy from twitter whom you took several videos.
The first thing he did as soon as he heard the news was to look for mistakes instead of considering what had happened.
The club, instead of defending itself, issued a statement saying that it was sorry that this was happening at this good moment of the season.
Laporta remains silent, which seems to implicate him even more.
I don't know if it's a denial phase but I've seen few Culés being critical of what is happening

We agree on this, of course. If Barcelona broke the law they should pay with a harsh penalty. The hardest there is so that it does not happen again.

Seitán is a YouTuber unable to see reality in many things. At the beginning about 5 years ago I watched some videos of him and the truth is that I do not know how he did not ban me. Because I criticized a lot of things in the comment box

He licks Laporta's ass and doesn't know how to see things judiciously. A fundamentalist and obviously if he wants to make money and have views he must be very radical. He has a niche audience and has to content them with the daily dose.

I was looking for videos and images of plays of 16-17 and I saw his video, I saw that he had Twitter and had uploaded the controversial images. It saved me hours of searching. Just that.

I get why, but you've gone way too far into this as a supporter. There's nothing to gain or decide by going into individual decisions, it should be based on who the payments were made to and why, and why they were hidden by the club.

I get why, but you've gone way too far into this as a supporter. There's nothing to gain or decide by going into individual decisions, it should be based on who the payments were made to and why, and why they were hidden by the club.

That was an example of how putting a statistic can make a narrative that does not conform to reality. A random and easy example for people to understand.

I have made my position clear several times before. I'll put it back because you can see that people only read the last comment and not the thread.

We agree on this, of course. If Barcelona broke the law they should pay with a harsh penalty. The hardest there is so that it does not happen again.
QUOTE]

I've been saying this since the news appeared.

Last edited:
Sounds familiar

Arguments and examples please. Will you make me look for what I think of Laporta and I commented here a year ago and several times?
I don't have infinite time to answer comments without arguments.

Yes, that's entirely my point.

Thank you for that.

Well, look for the videos of that game and put your own images, it's that easy to counteract that information.

What happens is that this takes a long time and it is easier to deny it just because. I lived through that season and the indignation I had for those mistakes was enormous, which is why I remember many of them.

A lot of verbiage but nothing to analyze the plays because it does not interest and you know that I am right. Barcelona lost that league because of many refereeing errors that there were.
It's okay. Life is like that. But that now you come to say that Barcelona was benefited that year is already incredible.
And your whole argument is because Barcelona was I don't know how many games without a penalty against.

Here is the one fact that is not up for pointless tribal debates: BARCELONA PAID MILLIONS FOR OVER A DECADE TO THE VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE SPANISH REFS.

There. Now tell me how this is actually all Madrid/Florentino's fault, I want to be entertained

A lot of verbiage but nothing to analyze the plays because it does not interest and you know that I am right.

Multiple people have offered coherent arguments against you and you simply dismiss them and pretend you've been proven right in order to cry and weep like a complete maniac about a league title from six years ago.

That made at least a little sense two days ago when the news was "payments from 15-18" but now we know they stretch back to the early 00s.

Last edited:
Why exactly was the payments made?

If he received payment when he was holding position in ref association, how can club or anyone justify the payments.

I have no idea why people think Niemans is a good poster. He's the most agenda driven person on here and completely impervious to any kind of sensible conversation. His posts are the ramblings of a mad man.
Here is the one fact that is not up for pointless tribal debates: BARCELONA PAID MILLIONS FOR OVER A DECADE TO THE VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE SPANISH REFS.

There. Now tell me how this is actually all Madrid/Florentino's fault, I want to be entertained
Paid millions, unaccounted for, on both sides, with no written contract.

I have no idea why people think Niemans is a good poster. He's the most agenda driven person on here and completely impervious to any kind of sensible conversation. His posts are the ramblings of a mad man.
He is probably on Barcelona’s payroll somewhere as their chief propagandist.

Can we have a Prison League where all these cheating clubs can go for a few years to serve their time? They will have City in there for company while the rest of us get on with law abiding footballing competition.

It will be hard to prove that some of the money was forwarded to the match refs, in exchange for information about who else is in, in brown envelops, during the taxi drive offered by professional son, with the purpose of match-fixing. But it's very easy to see why they would have done it; they'll just do whatever it takes to not fall behind the Casa Blanca too much. And they'll call it justified in the name of Catalunia, and resistenza against Franco, and what not.

Buongiorno. Speaking of faults, not long ago, you wrote that Flo stole the club from the socios. I could equally ask you to explain this for my entertainment, but I won't. A because I think I know the answer, and B because let's not make this a Flo thread. (Although, PM very much appreciated)

Buongiorno. Speaking of faults, not long ago, you wrote that Flo stole the club from the socios. I could equally ask you to explain this for my entertainment, but I won't. A because I think I know the answer, and B because let's not make this a Flo thread. (Although, PM very much appreciated)
managed to push through some statute changes that effectively meant he'd have no real competition

Some say that Que t'hi jugues was looking for Madrid scandals and found out about Barcelona, but Marçal Llorente, the journalist Barto paid, works there, so maybe the leak came directly from him. Blessed Bartomeu
managed to push through some statute changes that effectively meant he'd have no real competition
Thank God, I don't want another Calderón or some puppet of Prisa. In 2025, to support Catalina Miñarro/Juan Santamaría

BARCELONA PAID MILLIONS FOR OVER A DECADE TO THE VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE SPANISH REFS.

Some say that Que t'hi jugues was looking for Madrid scandals and found out about Barcelona, but Marçal Llorente, the journalist Barto paid, works there, so maybe the leak came directly from him. Blessed Bartomeu
Truly the greatest president in our history :drool: :drool: :drool:

Thank God, I don't want another Calderón or some puppet of Prisa. In 2025, to support Catalina Miñarro/Juan Santamaría
And that in a nutshell is why i say he stole the club :lol:

Though as thefts go, this turned out rather well all things considered :D

So Pep ‘could’ be involved with performance enhancing drugs and ref payments with Barcelona? His dodgy doctor followed him to Munich, which cause some back room staff to quit. And now City have the FFP scandal. Does shit all over the concept that he’s football‘s best ever coach with that many scandals around the clubs he’s managed.

What sort of advice would you even get on referees? "This one follows the rules", "this one doesn't care about diving"?

The matter is quite simple. If barcelona broke the law and they can prove it, the punishment should be according to the law. Relegation or whatever. If not, move on like on every other dirty topic sports produced so far over all those years.

The spanish league is a swamp. Full of ethnic hatred between spanish, catalans and basques, corruption and favoritism and is ruled by a president, who is openly far right in politics. It was always like that, people here posted many disgusting scenes in league deciding matches for all sides, not only barcelona. Some things come out on the surface, some things stay hidden forever. Some things are kept as leverage to blackmail or disrupt something when the time is right. It's not the first time, that some shady information against a specific club surfaces at a time the club is doing very well on the pitch. This is not only barcelona related.
Without defending it, this information surfacing right now is no coincidence of course. We have a great form and an 8 point lead to Madrid and next month, with 3 clasicos coming up, the spanish season will be either decided in favor to us or it will get very close again, depending on who wins the clasico's.

That said, I try to focus entirely on the pitch and the players. I can't influence or change anything. Shady things happen everywhere around the clock. In the Bundesliga, there was many years ago a betting scandal involving some referees and I don't want to know, how much and what kind of money billionaires are laundering through the PL for example. And I don't even want to start talking about italian Serie A. In my experience, those examples are like an iceberg, the biggest part always under the surface. To find a clean and honest league in football, you have to search amateur tiers probably where money doesn't play a role.
Like Tour de France. The majority is cheating and it sucks, but you just live with it, if you want to continue to enjoy this sport.

Reactions: oates