Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

I mean... where do you get your info? hahahaha.

20 years? it is actually 25.
what rights? you don't know. only LALIGA TV rights (not champions for example).
"a fraction"... what fraction? it is always a fraction of something. it is basically a loan at 5% interest (from quick numbers you can make) where risk is divided between barça and the buyer of the rights.
most of the money of the "levers" actually go to reduce debt (for example 100M are directly paid to GS today with the money of the 2nd lever). barça already got 500M from the rights and has spent around 100 in players and has reduced the wages A LOT in the last 2 years.
barça is actually trying to sell FDJ, it is him who doesnt want to leave.

the 3rd lever (a part of BLM studios) can be used IN CASE OF FDJ not wanting to leave (not direct relationship, but important things to weight). BLM is not profitable at this moment anyway.

you don't say it here but you can read it all over the place: "barça don't pay their players". wrong. barça is playing what their contracts say. if barça don't pay would be relegated, period.

and to put things in context... 99% of the posters here are united (makes sense), chelsea and bayern fans... so...
- united: owned by a billionaire who doesnt give a f*** about the team. he is celebrating the "fantastic" season you had with a dividend of 8 figures coming directly from your revenues.
- chelsea: a nothing club that would still be a nothing club if the friend of a criminal war would have just stayed robbing in his country. 2bn (twice barça debt with waaaaay lower revenues) debt that has been sustained by the russian blood daddy. the club with highest debt of the world year by year.
- bayern: selling 25% of the domestic league rights is horrible and shortsighted. however, selling 25% of the club itself to pay a stadium is a brilliant idea!!! 25% was sold at 1Bn valution 20 years ago (on average through 3 operations). bayern worths today probably 4-5 times more. but those weren't levers... it sounds funny. those were "strategic partnertships", which sounds super serious!!!! ahaaaammmm!!!

barça is a very bad financial situation due to the felony of bartomeu (ive been telling that for YEARS), but spending 25% of the money from the sold assets is not going to head us to bankrupcy. it can actually help (or dig a bigger hole), time will tell.

@Niemans your patience is beyond anything ive ever seen.
In general I agreed with what you and Niemans have said, the only exception is FDJ's contract. He agreed a new contract with deferred wages to help out the club, and ethically he should get paid for what he is "owed" when Barcelona is trying to sell him. Saying as an Arsenal fan.

A lot of Barca hate and very little actual information in this forum. I mean I get it. We deprived United of two Champions Leagues. It makes sense in their side. What I don't get is why Bayern and Chelsea hate us. I mean last time we trashed Bayern was in 2015 and they have humillated us three times in the last 2 years, why do they still hate us?
If anything, they should be glad Pep went there and taught them how to play modern football.
Barca and Real Madrid are some of the very few clubs not backed by millionaires. Some of the very few clubs that do live entirely of the money they generate. This is how all clubs should have remained. If we and even Real Madrid have so much debt is because we were forced to compete for players with teams bloated with non-football money like Chelsea themselves.

It’s not about football matches that happened ages ago, it’s about the extremely underhanded and unethical way Barcelona are treating their players.

Anyone, regardless of the team they support, would condemn their behaviour in desperate times. A couple of the greatest nights in the clubs history have come against Barcelona.

No one here is hating on them because of rivalry. It’s because their actions have been disgusting recently and they are quite rightly being called out.

I went to Chelsea's last match against Barcelona in 2018. I witnessed Barcelona ultras attack us with bricks and bottles on the walk to the stadium whilst the police watched on laughing and then saw all your stewards armed with batons just indiscriminately beat our fans who were just trying to leave the stadium. A few hours later I was mugged in your shitehole of a city.
I'm sorry for what happened to you. It was disgraceful. But don't even dare to call Barcelona a shithole. You were unlucky I never had a single problem with criminals in Barcelona. I do come from a truly dangerous country to live in. Barcelona is not dangerous at all compared to that.
Some chelsea fans were doing a lot of stupid shit in Madrid this year but I wouldn't call London a shithole because of them.

A lot of Barca hate and very little actual information in this forum. I mean I get it. We deprived United of two Champions Leagues. It makes sense in their side. What I don't get is why Bayern and Chelsea hate us. I mean last time we trashed Bayern was in 2015 and they have humillated us three times in the last 2 years, why do they still hate us?
If anything, they should be glad Pep went there and taught them how to play modern football.
Barca and Real Madrid are some of the very few clubs not backed by millionaires. Some of the very few clubs that do live entirely of the money they generate. This is how all clubs should have remained. If we and even Real Madrid have so much debt is because we were forced to compete for players with teams bloated with non-football money like Chelsea themselves.
Hate you? Idk anybody hates you. BUT, again, you are about to sue our clubs for refusing to through with your la Liga escape plan. Barca is a badly run club that smears other teams in the press and behind the scenes all the time. You just did it to us by leaking to your news outlets that kounde would only consider playing “for a team like Chelsea” because we would pay twice the money.

Maybe it’s statements like “people should be willing to take less money for the privilege of playing for Barca” that your leaders like Cruyff are making.

That’s not hate. It is the fact people find Barca annoying, insufferably entitled, of the belief rules don’t apply to them, and the inherent idea that they are too important to the game to be made to pay for their mistakes.

Chelsea fans are used to people saying their teams are just “better” than us. But you start telling teams like Bayern and United that ….not gonna go well.

Now that the ECB has announced an increase in interest rates, Laporta should slow down. Not a great time (2022-2028?) for debt. Forget about Koundé and B.Silva. They already have Araujo-Christensen-Kessie-DeJong-Pedri-Gavi-Fati-Lewa, etc ffs

Hey if Barca wants to identify as a financially stable football club we should just all accept it. It is 2022 after all. Everything else is Barcaphobic.

Admittedly I'm ignorant and haven't bothered to understand the finer details of their situation. But aren't they essentially selling their future earnings in a desperate gamble to achieve short term success? To me the way they are operating looks utterly reckless and mental

Hate you? Idk anybody hates you. BUT, again, you are about to sue our clubs for refusing to through with your la Liga escape plan. Barca is a badly run club that smears other teams in the press and behind the scenes all the time. You just did it to us by leaking to your news outlets that kounde would only consider playing “for a team like Chelsea” because we would pay twice the money.

Maybe it’s statements like “people should be willing to take less money for the privilege of playing for Barca” that your leaders like Cruyff are making.

That’s not hate. It is the fact people find Barca annoying, insufferably entitled, of the belief rules don’t apply to them, and the inherent idea that they are too important to the game to be made to pay for their mistakes.

Chelsea fans are used to people saying their teams are just “better” than us. But you start telling teams like Bayern and United that ….not gonna go well.
Players do prefer Real Madrid or Barcelona than other clubs unless these other clubs pay much more there is no lie there. It's not being entitled or showing off it's the simple truth. Despite how much the Premier League has grown, el clásico is still the biggest football game by far. And there are no other teams that have had as many big stars as Madrid and us.
Who else has had Cruiff, Maradona, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi, etc. Or Di Steffano, Butragueño, Hugo Sánchez, Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo, Beckam, Cristiano, etc.
Regardless of economic situation Barca and Madrid are by far the two biggest clubs in football history. That's not an opinion is what the footballers themselves have shown throughout the years. I was actually surprised when Mbappe rejected Real Madrid. Maybe the trend is changing? Could be, although it has happened before like with Francesco Totti.

Now that the ECB has announced an increase in interest rates, Laporta should slow down. Not a great time (2022-2028?) for debt. Forget about Koundé and B.Silva. They already have Araujo-Christensen-Kessie-DeJong-Pedri-Gavi-Fati-Lewa, etc ffs

Kounde could be done. He is only 23 years old and has a great future. Could be a player for 10 years.
Barcelona with these signings has a young team except for 4-5 players.

As soon as the 4 players who earn the most leave, Barcelona will have a very sustainable salary bill.

Admittedly I'm ignorant and haven't bothered to understand the finer details of their situation. But aren't they essentially selling their future earnings in a desperate gamble to achieve short term success? To me the way they are operating looks utterly reckless and mental

Xavi and Laporta are to blame; Xavi is demanding several (4-5) Top players (Lewa being actually TopTop no matter how "old" he is) to win LaLiga, and Laporta is probably afraid that the fans and most importantly, the "soci", will blame him for lack of silverware. It's a mix of self-fulfilling paranoia and ego.
But Xavi is right, you don't win LaLiga with an average squad.

Kounde could be done. He is only 23 years old and has a great future. Could be a player for 10 years.
Barcelona with these signings has a young team except for 4-5 players.

As soon as the 4 players who earn the most leave, Barcelona will have a very sustainable salary bill.

I was talking about the debt; the ECB has increased the interest rate.

Xavi and Laporta are to blame; Xavi is demanding several (4-5) Top players (Lewa being actually TopTop no matter how "old" he is) to win LaLiga, and Laporta is probably afraid that the fans and most importantly, the "soci", will blame him for lack of silverware. It's a mix of self-fulfilling paranoia and ego.
But Xavi is right, you don't win LaLiga with an average squad.
But will winning La Liga be enough to justify the "levers" they have activated and in turn alieviate the huge debt they have amassed? Surely only prolonged success in multiple competitions will justify the expenditure of this window, considering the debt they have

Players do prefer Real Madrid or Barcelona than other clubs unless these other clubs pay much more there is no lie there. It's not being entitled or showing off it's the simple truth. Despite how much the Premier League has grown, el clásico is still the biggest football game by far. And there are no other teams that have had as many big stars as Madrid and us.
Who else has had Cruiff, Maradona, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi, etc. Or Di Steffano, Butragueño, Hugo Sánchez, Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo, Beckam, Cristiano, etc.
Regardless of economic situation Barca and Madrid are by far the two biggest clubs in football history. That's not an opinion is what the footballers themselves have shown throughout the years. I was actually surprised when Mbappe rejected Real Madrid. Maybe the trend is changing? Could be, although it has happened before like with Francesco Totti.
The most high profile two players in the world now, Mbappe and Halaand decided for state owned clubs while being courted heavily by Madrid. Barca and Real no doubt have a great pull but the Maradonas, Figos, and Zidanes of the future will now go to state owned clubs.

I mean... where do you get your info? hahahaha.

20 years? it is actually 25.
what rights? you don't know. only LALIGA TV rights (not champions for example).
"a fraction"... what fraction? it is always a fraction of something. it is basically a loan at 5% interest (from quick numbers you can make) where risk is divided between barça and the buyer of the rights.
most of the money of the "levers" actually go to reduce debt (for example 100M are directly paid to GS today with the money of the 2nd lever). barça already got 500M from the rights and has spent around 100 in players and has reduced the wages A LOT in the last 2 years.
barça is actually trying to sell FDJ, it is him who doesnt want to leave.

the 3rd lever (a part of BLM studios) can be used IN CASE OF FDJ not wanting to leave (not direct relationship, but important things to weight). BLM is not profitable at this moment anyway.

you don't say it here but you can read it all over the place: "barça don't pay their players". wrong. barça is playing what their contracts say. if barça don't pay would be relegated, period.

and to put things in context... 99% of the posters here are united (makes sense), chelsea and bayern fans... so...
- united: owned by a billionaire who doesnt give a f*** about the team. he is celebrating the "fantastic" season you had with a dividend of 8 figures coming directly from your revenues.
- chelsea: a nothing club that would still be a nothing club if the friend of a criminal war would have just stayed robbing in his country. 2bn (twice barça debt with waaaaay lower revenues) debt that has been sustained by the russian blood daddy. the club with highest debt of the world year by year.
- bayern: selling 25% of the domestic league rights is horrible and shortsighted. however, selling 25% of the club itself to pay a stadium is a brilliant idea!!! 25% was sold at 1Bn valution 20 years ago (on average through 3 operations). bayern worths today probably 4-5 times more. but those weren't levers... it sounds funny. those were "strategic partnertships", which sounds super serious!!!! ahaaaammmm!!!

barça is a very bad financial situation due to the felony of bartomeu (ive been telling that for YEARS), but spending 25% of the money from the sold assets is not going to head us to bankrupcy. it can actually help (or dig a bigger hole), time will tell.

@Niemans your patience is beyond anything ive ever seen.
Barcelona's revenues from la liga TV rights is 160m euros per year, that means Barcelona sold what is worth 400m (10% for 25 years) of assets for only 207m. That if the TV rights does not change in the next 25 years. But the reality is, the TV revenues will increase and the estimations is what they sold is closer to 1b euros worth of TV rights for only 207m. That is beyond desperate.

But will winning La Liga be enough to justify the "levers" they have activated and in turn alieviate the huge debt they have amassed? Surely only prolonged success in multiple competitions will justify the expenditure of this window, considering the debt they have

Oh yes, I definitely agree; apparently, Madrid being unable to sign neither Mbappé nor Haaland has convinced Laporta that Barca could dominate Spanish football again with a great transfer window. And historically, Barca only wins the UCL when they dominate LaLiga.

Nah. It's a shitehole. The worst place I've ever had the misfortune of visiting.
Barcelona is way better than London tbf. Weather, food, people, everything.
I have seen some horrible places in the third world. You would probably cry if you ever saw any of those. And if you were already Mugged in Barcelona then never leave northern Europe for your own sake. Even the USA would be too dangerous for you.

I have seen some horrible places in the third world. You would probably cry if you ever saw any of those. And if you were already Mugged in Barcelona then never leave northern Europe for your own sake. Even the USA would be too dangerous for you.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm quite well travelled. Barcelona is easily my least favourite city I've ever been to. The attitude of the locals to people who they think are tourists is pretty disgusting.

Barcelona's revenues from la liga TV rights is 160m euros per year, that means Barcelona sold what is worth 400m (10% for 25 years) of assets for only 207m. That if the TV rights does not change in the next 25 years. But the reality is, the TV revenues will increase and the estimations is what they sold is closer to 1b euros worth of TV rights for only 207m. That is beyond desperate.
Well, 207m today vs 400m over 25 years. Simple math told me latter is not necessary a lot more than the former.

From my own perspective as a tourist from North America. Barcelona is way better than London. It is not even comparable.

bayern sold 25% of the club itself to pay the stadium to keep spending on their team and still be relevant. you have arsenal on the other hand, they pay the stadium and they struggle domestically. barça plans to pay the stadium with loans, so we don't lose any control of the club.
What control has Bayern lost?

Apparently, some people think we give a feck about their traveling experiences in a thread about the macroeconomics of a foreign football club.

Barcelona has the option to buy back the television rights.

Apparently, some people think we give a feck about their traveling experiences in a thread about the macroeconomics of a foreign football club.
I'd make a post about it in the General forum but none of the recently signed up Barca trolls would be able to view it. It was also in response to one of your lot questioning why Chelsea fans dislike your club. Every person I know who went to that game said that it was the worst experience they've ever had at a match.

:lol:

I really like the approach @MexicanCowboy is taking with @P-Ro

1) Start off with a heartfelt "I'm sorry you experienced that" message.
2) Take a giant shit on the initial message by aggressively telling someone what opinion they're allowed to have.
3) Blame the poster for their misfortune.
4) Claim they're a lil bitch who can't handle the world.

It's inspiring. If inspiration came in boxes like a shit Ceramic Tile Warehouse, that is.

I really like the approach @MexicanCowboy is taking with @P-Ro

1) Start off with a heartfelt "I'm sorry you experienced that" message.
2) Take a giant shit on the initial message by aggressively telling someone what opinion they're allowed to have.
3) Blame the poster for their misfortune.
4) Claim they're a lil bitch who can't handle the world.

It's inspiring. If inspiration came in boxes like a shit Ceramic Tile Warehouse, that is.
:lol: about right.

Well, 207m today vs 400m over 25 years. Simple math told me latter is not necessary a lot more than the former.

207m today can be equal to 400m over 25 years if you invest the money so it will get you interest over time.

However, if you waste it all of it today to buy flashy new players in pursuit of quick success, in 25 years there's every chance the 207m will have amounted to feck all. That is if there is no meaningful success despite the money spent.

Or it could mark the start of another very successful period for the club's history where revenues will rise and long term they'll be better off than they would've if they didn't pull these 'levers' in the first place.

It's definitely a gamble, time will tell if it was a wise one or not.

What control has Bayern lost?
I'm with you 100% on this. To be perfectly honest I am not aware of what Bayern did / did not do for the new stadium so am taking the 25% selling as it is correct (seeing as you didn't disagree).

Bayern seem to be a business run by a very good board, which means CEO / CFO / Football Director etc. That "new" stadium of yours will be with you for the next 50-100 years. A good CFO would already start to plan that far in advance 25 years from now to start putting money aside so that you don't need to sell another 25% as you make so much money from the CL / Bundas.

Barca are fecked

207m today can be equal to 400m over 25 years if you invest the money so it will get you interest over time.

However, if you waste it all of it today to buy flashy new players in pursuit of quick success, in 25 years there's every chance the 207m will have amounted to feck all. That is if there is no meaningful success despite the money spent.

Or it could mark the start of another very successful period for the club's history where revenues will rise and long term they'll be better off than they would've if they didn't pull these 'levers' in the first place.

Not a gamble, they'll always find dodgy cash just as Real did

I really love Barcelona the city but saying it is "way better than London" is a huge stretch. I'd say it's more relaxing but there are infinitely more things to occupy yourself with in London, and contrary to what you've said I'd say the food is better in London too because there's so much choice.

Again, I love Barcelona but when it comes down to it I'd more easily get bored there than in London.

10% of the first lever has gone entirely to pay debt.
Where do you get what has been spent on signings?

I'm with you 100% on this. To be perfectly honest I am not aware of what Bayern did / did not do for the new stadium so am taking the 25% selling as it is correct (seeing as you didn't disagree).
Oh, it is definitely true. Allianz, Adidas and Audi (3 local Bavarian companies) each bought 8.33%. However, Bayern didn’t lose any control since the club still holds more than 75% themselves. There is no blocking minority.

To put it this way: Bayern sold some minor shares to build a stadium that dramatically increased their revenue and, therefore, the club’s valuation which is great for Allianz, Adidas and Audi.
Barca is selling NFTs to pay off debt.

Oh, it is definitely true. Allianz, Adidas and Audi (3 local Bavarian companies) each bought 8.33%. However, Bayern didn’t lose any control since the club still holds more than 75% themselves. There is no blocking minority.

To put it this way: Bayern sold some minor shares to build a stadium that dramatically increased their revenue and, therefore, the club’s valuation which is great for Allianz, Adidas and Audi.
100% agree with you, there's a huge difference between Bayern and Barca and Bayern are a fantastically run club / business. I'd love our club to be more like yours.

In all honesty though, I think it helps that the league is a bit weaker than ours in the sense sponsors want to be with the best / champions and you are that year in year out, whilst with the PL it was Utd / arsenal, then Chelsea/ Utd and now City / Liverpool.

Bayern are Bayern and will always be there and businesses will pay to be linked to you

Can those three sell their shares if they want to?

Again, I have no problem with how Barca does or did with its finance. They have qualified people to do their jobs. The issue I have with them is their ethics and how they treat their players. Seems like there is a pattern the club leaked the contract detail of the players (Messi, FDJ) to media on purpose for their own benefit. FDJ signed a new contract with deferred wages as a gesture of good will, it is plain wrong ethically not to pay him off his deferred wages he supposed to earn from his original contract.

Edit
The way how they kicked out Suarez is absolutely disgusting.

Last edited: