Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

N
No idea you're talking to me.

Barcelona can pay the players, if they didn't they would be relegated.
They couldn’t pay Messi or De Jong’s full wages even after Messi left. Most of their squad were asked to take pay cuts.

Lever number 4?

Nothing says sleaze and cash grab like an NFT. Pump and dump to the moon baby.

Piggy backing off the Meta idea which lets be real has been around since chat rooms first had avatars for users 20 years ago. Oh but it’s 3D though… and you can display artwork online… Similar to the past 20 years.

All a cash grab by the largest corporations in the world to monetise large portions of the internet.

Don't give these greedy cnuts any more money. Let them go bust.

Barcelona may be spending (in my view) a concerning amount of money for a club in that much debt, but the issue here surely is the La Liga FFP? Without that, wouldn't the club be spending without this focus on whether they can afford it? It isn't that they don't have money, but that they are under an external spending restriction. Happy to be corrected!

I'm pretty sure Johan Cruyff would turn in his grave if he knew what sleazy cash grab scheme Barca are involving his name in.

It is beyond madness the absolute obsession of some Chelsea/Bayern fans with Barça :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah they've acted questionably towards De Jong but look how they've reacted in the transfer market to dropping down to the Europa league (once) and seeing their biggest rivals win the big pots.

Now compare that to united's reaction to last year and subsequent years of mediocrity whilst our rivals have been winning everything - they are the ones genuinely moving like a big club. They are making moves and doing everything they can to close the gap and be competitive. Fair enough.

Yeah they've acted questionably towards De Jong but look how they've reacted in the transfer market to dropping down to the Europa league (once) and seeing their biggest rivals win the big pots.

Now compare that to united's reaction to last year and subsequent years of mediocrity whilst our rivals have been winning everything - they are the ones genuinely moving like a big club. They are making moves and doing everything they can to close the gap and be competitive. Fair enough.
They’ve completely bankrupted themselves from chasing Madrid’s 3 in a row. How is that anything to aspire to?

They’ve completely bankrupted themselves from chasing Madrid’s 3 in a row. How is that anything to aspire to?

Barcelona owes a huge debt for what Bartomeu did.

MUFC OK is saying that this new board is being ambitious.

They've sold the next 20 years worth of rights for a fraction of what they're worth because they can't bare the thought of playing Europa Conference. Can you not see how incredibly irresponsible and short sighted this is? They might not even exist in a few years if they carry this on but at least they signed Lewandovski and Raphina in one summer right?

They've sold the next 20 years worth of rights for a fraction of what they're worth because they can't bare the thought of playing Europa Conference. Can you not see how incredibly irresponsible and short sighted this is? They might not even exist in a few years if they carry this on but at least they signed Lewandovski and Raphina in one summer right?

Its an absolute joke. They want to sell more of now, which will allow them to keep Frenkie.

I mean that is so irresponsible, having to trigger a massive deal for 1 player.

This is them putting all their eggs into Barca winning the La Liga and CL within the next few years.

Instead, selling Frenkie, raising cash and being within the salary cap would have less of an impact considering they have alot of talented midfielders.

Reckless ambition is nothing to be envious of.

Barcelona owes a huge debt for what Bartomeu did.

MUFC OK is saying that this new board is being ambitious.
It’s the same club. Trying to separate your club into segments is ridiculous no matter how you want to spin it.
The only difference I see is propaganda.

Its an absolute joke. They want to sell more of now, which will allow them to keep Frenkie.

This is them putting all their eggs into Barca winning the La Liga and CL within the next few years.

Instead, selling Frenkie, raising cash and being within the salary cap would have less of an impact considering they have alot of talented midfielders.

I mean... where do you get your info? hahahaha.

20 years? it is actually 25.
what rights? you don't know. only LALIGA TV rights (not champions for example).
"a fraction"... what fraction? it is always a fraction of something. it is basically a loan at 5% interest (from quick numbers you can make) where risk is divided between barça and the buyer of the rights.
most of the money of the "levers" actually go to reduce debt (for example 100M are directly paid to GS today with the money of the 2nd lever). barça already got 500M from the rights and has spent around 100 in players and has reduced the wages A LOT in the last 2 years.
barça is actually trying to sell FDJ, it is him who doesnt want to leave.

the 3rd lever (a part of BLM studios) can be used IN CASE OF FDJ not wanting to leave (not direct relationship, but important things to weight). BLM is not profitable at this moment anyway.

you don't say it here but you can read it all over the place: "barça don't pay their players". wrong. barça is playing what their contracts say. if barça don't pay would be relegated, period.

and to put things in context... 99% of the posters here are united (makes sense), chelsea and bayern fans... so...
- united: owned by a billionaire who doesnt give a f*** about the team. he is celebrating the "fantastic" season you had with a dividend of 8 figures coming directly from your revenues.
- chelsea: a nothing club that would still be a nothing club if the friend of a criminal war would have just stayed robbing in his country. 2bn (twice barça debt with waaaaay lower revenues) debt that has been sustained by the russian blood daddy. the club with highest debt of the world year by year.
- bayern: selling 25% of the domestic league rights is horrible and shortsighted. however, selling 25% of the club itself to pay a stadium is a brilliant idea!!! 25% was sold at 1Bn valution 20 years ago (on average through 3 operations). bayern worths today probably 4-5 times more. but those weren't levers... it sounds funny. those were "strategic partnertships", which sounds super serious!!!! ahaaaammmm!!!

barça is a very bad financial situation due to the felony of bartomeu (ive been telling that for YEARS), but spending 25% of the money from the sold assets is not going to head us to bankrupcy. it can actually help (or dig a bigger hole), time will tell.

@Niemans your patience is beyond anything ive ever seen.

They don’t want to keep Frenkie though? They want rid of him and his wages.

"a fraction"... what fraction? it is always a fraction of something. it is basically a loan at 5% interest (from quick numbers you can make) where risk is divided between barça and the buyer of the rights.
most of the money of the "levers" actually go to reduce debt (for example 100M are directly paid to GS today with the money of the 2nd lever). barça already got 500M from the rights and has spent around 100 in players and has reduced the wages A LOT in the last 2 years.

the 3rd lever (a part of BLM studios) can be used IN CASE OF FDJ not wanting to leave (not direct relationship, but important things to weight). BLM is not profitable at this moment anyway.

you don't say it here but you can read it all over the place: "barça don't pay their players". wrong. barça is playing what their contracts say. if barça don't pay would be relegated, period.

and to put things in context... 99% of the posters here are united (makes sense), chelsea and bayern fans... so...
- united: owned by a billionaire who doesnt give a f*** about the team. he is celebrating the "fantastic" season you had with a dividend of 8 figures coming directly from your revenues.
- chelsea: a nothing club that would still be a nothing club if the friend of a criminal war would have just stayed robbing in his country. 2bn (twice barça debt with waaaaay lower revenues) debt that has been sustained by the russian blood daddy. the club with highest debt of the world year by year.
- bayern: selling 25% of the domestic league rights is horrible and shortsighted. however, selling 25% of the club itself to pay a stadium is a brilliant idea!!! 25% was sold at 1Bn valution 20 years ago (on average through 3 operations). bayern worths today probably 4-5 times more. but those weren't levers... it sounds funny. those were "strategic partnertships", which sounds super serious!!!! ahaaaammmm!!!

barça is a very bad financial situation due to the felony of bartomeu (ive been telling that for YEARS), but spending 25% of the money from the sold assets is not going to head us to bankrupcy. it can actually help (or dig a bigger hole), time will tell.

Yeah you're right dude, it's absolutely fine, no reason for concern whatsoever, in fact, I can see all the other clubs now lining up to do the same.

Can't speak for Bayern or Chelsea fans, nor do I care what they think but when this ultimately leads to Barcelona either taking on more debt or becoming a permanent midtable team it will be a sad day for football.

I'll just pick out this bit of your meltdown: the difference is that Bayern's shareholders get a share of the dividends which are set by the club itself and dependant on actually turning a profit. Whereas Barca have sold a share of the their revenue. which they are obligated to pay out come what may. Buying a new stadium is also just about the most prudent way a club can spend one-time revenue, it has further bumped their revenue for decades to come and having big corporations as partners usually has its benefits as well.

I think the bolded part is nonsense, they will still be here in 20, 50 years.

They've sold 25% of La Liga TV rights for the next 25 years I believe. They also raised nearly 300m for the nou camp naming rights and shirt sponsorship for 4 years. They will still receive a large proportion of TV rights, which will likely go up significantly.

Yeah you're right dude, it's absolutely fine, no reason for concern whatsoever, in fact, I can see all the other clubs now lining up to do the same.

Can't speak for Bayern or Chelsea fans, nor do I care what they think but when this ultimately leads to Barcelona either taking on more debt or becoming a permanent midtable team it will be a sad day for football.

The debt last year was €1,350M. What debt do you think they will have now?

I'll just pick out this bit of your meltdown: the difference is that Bayern's shareholders get a share of the dividends which are set by the club itself and dependant on actually turning a profit. Whereas Barca have sold a share of the their revenue. which they are obligated to pay out come what may. Buying a new stadium is also just about the most prudent way a club can spend one-time revenue, it has further bumped their revenue for decades to come and having big corporations as partners usually has its benefits as well.

Barcelona has a buyback option. I do not believe that it will become effective in the future. But the option is there.

Barcelona is not going to disappear and the future of the club does not depend on these operations or these signings.
It will depend on the management over the years. And if the Spanish FFP is maintained, Barcelona is unlikely to worsen.

Let's see if the economic balance comes out soon and so we see how the picture is.
Next year's budget still has a few months left.

I have never said that. In fact, I've been telling for years that we were heading to economical problems (even without COVID). But things are not black or white, neither is bartomeu the thief and laporta/alemany.

The signings we've made (you can find my opinion about them in the forum too) won't make us disappear and won't make us the richest of the world forever either. They will have a minimum impact in the economy club in the longer term. Only a small part of the "levers" are used to buy players.

barça has been turning profits for years and years. that money stayed in the club for future signings, projects, etc. i think it is better than handling to the supporters, don't you.

i dont think selling the club itself for anything is "prudent". selling assets to pay the debts is also prudent, or how do you call that?

bayern sold 25% of the club itself to pay the stadium to keep spending on their team and still be relevant. you have arsenal on the other hand, they pay the stadium and they struggle domestically. barça plans to pay the stadium with loans, so we don't lose any control of the club.

Let's see if the economic balance comes out soon and so we see how the picture is.
Next year's budget still has a few months left.

wages should be way better even with the new signings. in 2 years they should be very healthy.
about the rest i expect little changes.
"levers" will help with debt (for example, 100 M are paid today to Goldman Sachs) but they were more relevant to be able to come back to normal life regarding the spanish ffp.
we will see, the situation is bad and it will be for a while but it is still far from total apocalypsis.

I saved the art using a firefox plugin, does it mean i'm also rich now?

Damn this NFT sh*t is ridiculous.
99% of crypto projects are scam.
but i dont understand the hate against the technology itself.
you can also get a copy of the gioconda and put it on bathroom if you want, would you be rich?
nfts are very useful for many cases, as crypto (blockchain in general).

PD: i wouldnt buy this nft :lol:

i dont think selling the club itself for anything is "prudent". selling assets to pay the debts is also prudent, or how do you call that?
Prudence means caring about the future, so I'd call selling off assets "a last resort" to be honest. Being prudent would be using this last resort and then trying to be modest in the market and save money, not spending huge numbers in the summer just to show the world that you're still a big club.

The new wage structure is prudent, I'll grant you that.

barça has been turning profits for years and years. that money stayed in the club for future signings, projects, etc. i think it is better than handling to the supporters, don't you.

bayern sold 25% of the club itself to pay the stadium to keep spending on their team and still be relevant. you have arsenal on the other hand, they pay the stadium and they struggle domestically. barça plans to pay the stadium with loans, so we don't lose any control of the club.

You tell me which club is in better financial shape between the two.

You tell me which club is in better financial shape between the two.

Having no competition makes decisions much easier.
It is not the same to take the best players and coaches from your rivals and for a low price, than to be in the Premier League and have to compete with sheikhs, oligarchs and clubs that do not sell and spend a lot of money.

It's always important to look at to whom actually the shares were sold to. Adidas, Allianz and Audi are all Bavarian companies whose interest in the club isn't monetary. They need the club as a marketing vehicle, and hence they have a vested interest in not depriving the club of money.
None of these companies meddle in the clubs doings, so there is no control lost.

I think the bolded part is nonsense, they will still be here in 20, 50 years.

They've sold 25% of La Liga TV rights for the next 25 years I believe. They also raised nearly 300m for the nou camp naming rights and shirt sponsorship for 4 years. They will still receive a large proportion of TV rights, which will likely go up significantly.
You think TV rights will go up? You know they’ve been decreasing year on year for the last few years right? There is such thing as a saturation point and the lack of competition for the regular buyers of rights

Counter argument is that Barcelona have sold at the top but rights will decrease and plateau from here. You can’t count on things always going up because you want them to.

A lot of Barca hate and very little actual information in this forum. I mean I get it. We deprived United of two Champions Leagues. It makes sense in their side. What I don't get is why Bayern and Chelsea hate us. I mean last time we trashed Bayern was in 2015 and they have humillated us three times in the last 2 years, why do they still hate us?
If anything, they should be glad Pep went there and taught them how to play modern football.
Barca and Real Madrid are some of the very few clubs not backed by millionaires. Some of the very few clubs that do live entirely of the money they generate. This is how all clubs should have remained. If we and even Real Madrid have so much debt is because we were forced to compete for players with teams bloated with non-football money like Chelsea themselves.

Barcelona may be spending (in my view) a concerning amount of money for a club in that much debt, but the issue here surely is the La Liga FFP? Without that, wouldn't the club be spending without this focus on whether they can afford it? It isn't that they don't have money, but that they are under an external spending restriction. Happy to be corrected!
They don’t have the money. They have taken out massive loans from Sachs Sachs isn’t exactly light on the vig. But apparently they didn’t have another choice because preferred lenders wouldn’t touch the situation they are in. Goldman Sachs is well known for debt structure financing.

Remember , and this goes towards their image as well, they THINK they are going to be able to pay back a lot of this debt and move Forward by suing my team, your team, and everyone else who refused to go through with the Super League.They are going to take one of the most villainous issues in world football and make themselves the face of it.

Im not sure they realize how much of their merch money came from passive Barca fans, fans of the transcendent Messi more than the club, and in general people who will have no qualms cutting them off.

the misconception that their popularity hinges almost solely on winning, and they can behave pretty much any way they want as long as they win …. It’s a mistake that could cost them massively down the road.

A lot of Barca hate and very little actual information in this forum. I mean I get it. We deprived United of two Champions Leagues. It makes sense in their side. What I don't get is why Bayern and Chelsea hate us. I mean last time we trashed Bayern was in 2015 and they have humillated us three times in the last 2 years, why do they still hate us?
If anything, they should be glad Pep went there and taught them how to play modern football.
Barca and Real Madrid are some of the very few clubs not backed by millionaires. Some of the very few clubs that do live entirely of the money they generate. This is how all clubs should have remained. If we and even Real Madrid have so much debt is because we were forced to compete for players with teams bloated with non-football money like Chelsea themselves.
I went to Chelsea's last match against Barcelona in 2018. I witnessed Barcelona ultras attack us with bricks and bottles on the walk to the stadium whilst the police watched on laughing and then saw all your stewards armed with batons just indiscriminately beat our fans who were just trying to leave the stadium. A few hours later I was mugged in your shitehole of a city.