Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

I criticize Barcelona when they do things I think are bad. Some of these decisions they're making are questionable, but there is at least some track record of success, this is not the first time Laporta has tried to revive a struggling Barcelona.

I don't really believe that La Liga needs a strong Barcelona or whatever, if it were to me the whole club could be destroyed by an asteroid tomorrow.

For whatever reason, La Liga discourse always involves some variation of "RM/Barca team is now invincible, Barca/RM team are dead for the foreseeable future" and in my experience, it never actually happens.
I respect you. You support Madrid but still give an honest opinión. You are not a Ronceri
They couldn't afford to keep Messi? Yeah right
We could have but Messi was earning a gross salary of over 100 million a year. Way too much for any non-oíl club but Bartomeu didn't care.
Laporta has set a limit of 10 million per player. Which taking into account spanish taxes is about 20 million gross. There was just no way you could convince any good player to earn less than 20% of Messi so letting Messi go was neccesary.
Messi is the best player ever but the club is and will always be more important.

I respect you. You support Madrid but still give an honest opinión. You are not a Ronceri

We could have but Messi was earning a gross salary of over 100 million a year. Way too much for any non-oíl club but Bartomeu didn't care.
Laporta has set a limit of 10 million per player. Which taking into account spanish taxes is about 20 million gross. There was just no way you could convince any good player to earn less than 20% of Messi so letting Messi go was neccesary.
Messi is the best player ever but the club is and will always be more important.
I thought the messi leaving was due to Spanish laws stating any new employment contract offered to an employee has to be a minimum of 50% of the last contract - ie the least you could have offered messi was 50m and you couldn’t afford that?

Another good game of Nico playing in busquets' position.

I thought the messi leaving was due to Spanish laws stating any new employment contract offered to an employee has to be a minimum of 50% of the last contract - ie the least you could have offered messi was 50m and you couldn’t afford that?
If Laporta had used the levers back then we could have renewed Messi for about 50 million a year. But that was still too much. Like I said before, he doesn't want any individual player getting more than ten million net or twenty million gross. The highest contract Laporta has signed is Lewandovsky's 9 million net.
We have some awful contracts like De Jong, Busquets a Pique's but they were signed by Bartomeu.

If Laporta had used the levers back then we could have renewed Messi for about 50 million a year. But that was still too much. Like I said before, he doesn't want any individual player getting more than ten million net or twenty million gross. The highest contract Laporta has signed is Lewandovsky's 9 million net.
We have some awful contracts like De Jong, Busquets a Pique's but they were signed by Bartomeu.
Laporta seems to prefer to amass a ton of high earners instead of fewer mega earners. Such a financially sensible guy

Laporta seems to prefer to amass a ton of high earners instead of fewer mega earners. Such a financially sensible guy
I do agree we have too many players in midfield and attack. I wish they could sell Frenkie De Jong and Memphis Depay. But if they don't I Wouldn't cry either. They are both useful and good players. Not necesary if Ansu Fati and Pedri don't suffer Another injury but can still come in hand.
They are not Deadwood like Braithwaite, Riqui Puig, Umtiti, Neto, etc.

I do agree we have too many players in midfield and attack. I wish they could sell Frenkie De Jong and Memphis Depay. But if they don't I Wouldn't cry either. They are both useful and good players. Not necesary if Ansu Fati and Pedri don't suffer Another injury but can still come in hand.
They are not Deadwood like Braithwaite, Riqui Puig, Umtiti, Neto, etc.
I mean all the new signings aren't exactly on low wages. So the situation is (and in the coming years will be even more) a bit comparable to United's with a bloated squad full of overpaid deadwood you can't move on due to their high wages

Their signings have been pretty unimpressive for the amount of money they have spent since January:

Torres - average
Raphina - decent
Lewandowski - Good, but there are question marks: age - how long will he last? Is he just looking for a retirement move? Will he be able to transfer to a new league, which I don't think he has ever done?
Christensen - average
Traore - below average
Aubameyang - Was a good player, but on his last legs. Has had past attitude issues. Also, agreement seems to be €15m for this season because he only took €2m last season.

Under Xavi
Total wages growth for next season: €44.95m wages

On top of that: €167.20m in transfer fees.

Barcelona are someone who has got loan and thinks they have won the lottery.

Their signings have been pretty unimpressive for the amount of money they have spent since January:

Torres - average
Raphina - decent
Lewandowski - Good, but there are question marks: age - how long will he last? Is he just looking for a retirement move? Will he be able to transfer to a new league, which I don't think he has ever done?
Christensen - average
Traore - below average
Aubameyang - Was a good player, but on his last legs. Has had past attitude issues. Also, agreement seems to be €15m for this season because he only took €2m last season.

Under Xavi

We must also take into account the savings of some salaries such as Coutinho's and the money received for transfers.

We must also take into account the savings of some salaries such as Coutinho's and the money received for transfers.
Don’t you also have to take into account the money you have to spend servicing your €1bn+ debt, the outstanding transfer fees to the likes of Liverpool, and the outstanding back wages to players such as De Jong and Pique, or will Barcelona just ignore them?

Don’t you also have to take into account the money you have to spend servicing your €1bn+ debt, the outstanding transfer fees to the likes of Liverpool, and the outstanding back wages to players such as De Jong and Pique, or will Barcelona just ignore them?

All that is already explained in this thread.

You dont really. You can judge them as isolated cases. You can think Lewandowski is a brilliant transfer and Raphina isn't. You can think they're all brilliant or all crap and overpriced. Saving money on players you dont have anymore isn't going to make a weak replacement good.

All that is already explained in this thread.
i am really amazed by the financial skill displayed by the Barcelona board, with the increase in interest rate in today's market. They brought in so many high quality players to improve their team in such a difficult situation.

You dont really. You can judge them as isolated cases. You can think Lewandowski is a brilliant transfer and Raphina isn't. You can think they're all brilliant or all crap and overpriced. Saving money on players you dont have anymore isn't going to make a weak replacement good.
i am really amazed by the financial skill displayed by the Barcelona board, with the increase in interest rate in today's market. They brought in so many high quality players to improve their team in such a difficult situation.

To judge we will have to see how the debt and the wage bill are.

Torres - average
Raphina - decent
Christensen - average
Traore - below average

Under Xavi

Most of the signings have been for free. We only paid for Ferran, Raphina and Lewandovsky. From those three. Lewandovsky is definitely the best striker of the last 5 years. Raphina is really skillfull. I would only question Ferran but I understand how desperate we were back then. We had to play some Games with Gavi and Dest in attack or with Ferran Jutgla and Ez Ande. At some Point our only option in attack was Memphis Depay and then he also got injured.

Most of the signings have been for free. We only paid for Ferran, Raphina and Lewandovsky. From those three. Lewandovsky is definitely the best striker of the last 5 years. Raphina is really skillfull. I would only question Ferran but I understand how desperate we were back then. We had to play some Games with Gavi and Dest in attack or with Ferran Jutgla and Ez Ande. At some Point our only option in attack was Memphis Depay and then he also got injured.

And yet you butchered his name! :D:lol:

To judge we will have to see how the debt and the wage bill are.
Assume the current Barca board learned from the previous management's mistake and are responsible for the club, as long as Barca can service the debt, it is extremely important to stay competitive in the league and CL to maintain or even increase income level and draw more sponsorship. Barca already lost Messi so further drop in quality of the team is not going to help them. Their board has an extremely tough job to do.

Assume the current Barca board learned from the previous management's mistake and are responsible for the club, as long as Barca can service the debt, it is extremely important to stay competitive in the league and CL to maintain or even increase income level and draw more sponsorship. Barca already lost Messi so further drop in quality of the team is not going to help them. Their board has an extremely tough job to do.

The salary bill when the current Board of Directors arrived was up to €840M. They had to let Messi go and sell Griezzman.

A good part of the money from the levers will go to reduce debt.
If Barcelona keeps the wage bill at a reasonable amount, they won't have any problems.
There are only 5 players in the squad who are not yet within the new salary scale and we will have to wait to eliminate those contracts.

The logical thing would be for Barcelona to sign players who are free, the last year of their contract, or raise players from the Academy in the coming years.

And then I personally trust Mateu Alemany, one of the best sports directors in the world and with a lot of experience.

Torres - average
Raphina - decent
Christensen - average
Traore - below average

Under Xavi

They are one giant pyramid scheme except instead of millions of individual people they are doing it to banks and sponsors.

Eventually it will fail but instead where the little individual gets screwed over the banks will not (not that they are any better as they are gambling on barca and the banks money is our money)

Have they worked with La Liga? Didn’t you have to sell your biggest hero?
Have you registered everyone for this season with La Liga?
Do Leeds or Bayern care how reckless you are being with your pay day loans?

Tomorrow the second lever may be activated and we will see how things progress.

And we will have to wait to see how much the debt is on June 30, 2022.
And how the wage bill will be for the season that begins.

So no is the answer so far.

Excited for June 30. Especially excited for June 2023 & 2024.

What do you want me to tell you? It's all said.

When the second lever is activated, players will be registered.

Barcelona are creating a pay scale to make the club sustainable, and personally pretty fast for how difficult everything was.

I can’t wait to see then liquidated if they keep this up. They should be going bankrupt.

Reading this thread the only thing that keeps coming to mind is "It's selling off future earnings below value, not activating a lever".

Apart from United, Pool, Bayern, Arsenal etc…

Seems all these other “top clubs” cheat to keep their position then pretend they are better than everyone else.

They all lobby hard with governments and UEFA to keep getting second chances or just plainly financial doping their way to the top without any action at all.

Barcelona should have been punished clearly yet here we are. They can’t pay players but are smashing 200m on new players…

Top level football right now is in a terrible state. Sides just dominating leagues through crooked means all across the continent. PSG lost over 200 million in 2021 yet can afford to keep Mbappe for example on 50m a year wages.

Our government loves Newcastle and City. The trade for their investment in our poorer clubs / communities is they can do whatever they want to our domestic game. Helps the Uk out in poorer areas and we can sell arms and god knows what else to their countries for profit as we have a working relationship

t’s a win-win for the Uk government but not for sport. That dies.

FIFA’s leaders formally prosecuted are now getting off as the World Cup goes to Qatar. The bad guys won.

Top level football is so diseased it’s amazing to witness in the 21st century. Everything gets openly swept under the rug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phase 1: Collect underpants
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit

No idea you're talking to me.

Apart from United, Pool, Bayern, Arsenal etc…

Seems all these other “top clubs” cheat to keep their position then pretend they are better than everyone else.

They all lobby hard with governments and UEFA to keep getting second chances or just plainly financial doping their way to the top without any action at all.

Barcelona should have been punished clearly yet here we are. They can’t pay players but are smashing 200m on new players…

Top level football right now is in a terrible state. Sides just dominating leagues through crooked means all across the continent. PSG lost over 200 million in 2021 yet can afford to keep Mbappe for example on 50m a year wages.

Our government loves Newcastle and City. The trade for their investment in our poorer clubs / communities is they can do whatever they want to our domestic game. Helps the Uk out in poorer areas and we can sell arms and god knows what else to their countries for profit as we have a working relationship

t’s a win-win for the Uk government but not for sport. That dies.

FIFA’s leaders formally prosecuted are now getting off as the World Cup goes to Qatar. The bad guys won.

Top level football is so diseased it’s amazing to witness in the 21st century. Everything gets openly swept under the rug.

Barcelona can pay the players, if they didn't they would be relegated.

Raphinha comes cheap to Barça: 48 million fixed and 12 in variables.
The conditions that must be given for the Catalan club to pay the twelve 'kilos' to Leeds United include winning the Champions League.

Information from today's Marca newspaper.

The real figures of Operation Raphinha.

The unofficial spoke of a fixed between 55 to 58 million. As MARCA and Radio MARCA have been able to know, the cost of the transfer has been 48 million euros fixed plus 12 kilos in variables.

If these figures are true, we must congratulate Mateu Alemany.

Raphinha comes cheap to Barça: 48 million fixed and 12 in variables.
The conditions that must be given for the Catalan club to pay the twelve 'kilos' to Leeds United include winning the Champions League.

Information from today's Marca newspaper.

The real figures of Operation Raphinha.

The unofficial spoke of a fixed between 55 to 58 million. As MARCA and Radio MARCA have been able to know, the cost of the transfer has been 48 million euros fixed plus 12 kilos in variables.

If these figures are true, we must congratulate Mateu Alemany.
That was the figure reported ages ago. Even SKY said 48/49 last week.

Whats the break down of the add ons? (not just the CL one)