Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

The difference here is:
1) You have to pay the revenue portion even when you make no profit whatsoever, but dividends are entirely optional
2) Dividends are on profits, which are usually 5-10% of total revenue for the best run clubs. You're basically selling 2.5 times that as a lever.
Not sure what you’re replying here.

I was saying that hundreds of millions/a billion of lost income (even if it’s 5 or 10% worth) was worse than €3.75m of Dividends (even if 25% worth), I think (?) you’re agreeing.

Again, I was purely replying to guys point about 25% v 5%. Thought clear but I’ll edit my post

Not sure what you’re replying here.

I was saying that hundreds of millions/a billion of lost income (even if it’s 5 or 10% worth) was worse than €3.75m of Dividends (even if 25% worth), I think (?) you’re agreeing.

Again, I was purely replying to guys point about 25% v 5%. Thought clear but I’ll edit my post

I think you missed out the quote tag & instead quoted the person in bold. This made me assume it came from you.

Sixth street purchased 30% of the stadiums operations, it's not a 150m increase in revenue per year. If you tell me that Barcelona will increase their revenues by 30m-40m per year then I can agree but not 150m-200m.

Real Madrid confirmed on Thursday the agreement reached with Sixth Street, an investment firm, and Legends, a company specialized in stadium management to cede the organization of major events at the Santiago Bernabéu for the next 20 years and for an amount that reaches 360 million euros.

Real Madrid has already said that with the new bernabeu they expect €150M+ of income.

Real Madrid confirmed on Thursday the agreement reached with Sixth Street, an investment firm, and Legends, a company specialized in stadium management to cede the organization of major events at the Santiago Bernabéu for the next 20 years and for an amount that reaches 360 million euros.

Real Madrid has already said that with the new bernabeu they expect €150M+ of income.

Of course they expect 150m+ of income which is different to an increase of 150m per year.

I think you missed out the quote tag & instead quoted the person in bold. This made me assume it came from you.
Ah, gotcha.

Nah, just couldn’t be arsed to press reply and remove all the other nonsense (he’d done a lengthy post replying to numerous points) so just quoted/tagged him.

Still find it hard to believe Barca fans think this is anything other than a major gamble (could come off but still a huge risk).

Seems like boom or bust to me. Hopefully the latter.

Persumably the proof will be in the pudding. I just can't envision a world where in 2 seasons time Barca aren't seriously scrambling to survive.

nfts are very useful for many cases, as crypto (blockchain in general).

PD: i wouldnt buy this nft :lol:

I won't derail this topic but NFTs are not very useful. It's actually pretty useless for now from a practical standpoint (unlike blockchains). Looks good on paper but that's pretty much it.

Pre-covid Barcelona's matchday revenues per year were around 160m€. It would be something if a 10% increase in capacity and the addition of few VIP boxes led to a 100% revenue increase.

That's the next lever

Its actually insane that they're selling off their future for short term signings. And they aren't even that good ffs. Soon to be 34 year old Lewandowski, Raphinha who is decent but isn't even better than Dembele who they already have, bunch of mediocre free transfers, going for Kounde... They're still going to get slapped if they come up against the best teams in Europe (which they are not part of), Xavi is still an amateur coach, except now they would have mortgaged their future for 1 year of transfer spending!

If they were selling their assets to pay off debt and get back to a normal operating level, would actually make sense. Get a sense of normality, work with a new set budget and accept a 2 year rebuild where you focus on the cheaper youth and clear out the over paid players. Instead they're hoping that by spending big, hoping to win big, and hoping that will drive increased revenues... When this is all just a 1 year financial boost for a future drop in revenues. What happens if they get knocked out at Ro16 next season? Don't win the title? They're absolutely fecked in the future.

@FCBarcelona

You can also put it this way:
- selling 25% of the club and paying dividends to those companies: "minor shares", "didn't lose any control"
- selling 5% of the revenues for a limited amount of time: "joke of a club", "you are fecked"

now you tell me who is bayern and who is barça.”

The shareholders of Bayern get dividends each year. A couple of years ago, the dividend was $15m meaning the 25% shareholders got $3.75m.

Barca have just sold off what… hundreds of millions, a billion? of future income.

25% of the DIVIDEND INCOME (those three shareholders aren’t going to sell the company) and 5% of REVENUES are totally different things. Totally.

I get fans defend their clubs but you can’t just say ”25 is a bigger number than 5 so you’re all stupid.“

EDIT. For clarity (hopefully)….
  • 25% of divs = good
  • 5% of years of income = bad

hahahaha so... you really think it is better to sell 25% of OWNERSHIP rather than 5% of revenues for X amount of time??? hahahahaha.

Barça can do the same and sell 25% of itself at a valuation of 5bn. enough to pay all the debts and a big chunck of the "new" stadium (it is a big big renovation of multiple sports stadium plus the area itself).

Ah, gotcha.

Nah, just couldn’t be arsed to press reply and remove all the other nonsense (he’d done a lengthy post replying to numerous points) so just quoted/tagged him.

Still find it hard to believe Barca fans think this is anything other than a major gamble (could come off but still a huge risk).

Seems like boom or bust to me. Hopefully the latter.

you again...
if you think that reducing revenues 5% (probably less in the future) is going to "bust" barça you are mental. it is beyond ridiculous.
and we have a debt that we need to pay (we are not the whitewashing machine of dictatorships/war criminals), so either we sell some of the revenues or we take loans that will need to be paid from revenues too.

With the Super League money or the Super League lawsuit money. They truly, truly believe they will get one or the other. They have said as much plain as day, but it’s like no one is paying attention.

They are getting their ducks in a row to sue to start the “lever” (Super League) that allows themselves and Madrid to break away from the shackles of La Liga for good, OR to get the compensation they believe they are owed to cover their debt.

That is why they are acting so smug. That is why, much to the confusion of everyone, Madrid and Barca have been acting like members of the same street gang and not bitter rivals.

La Liga and Serie A were the only leagues that truly almost went under. La Liga is the only league where two teams are allowed to determine the payout of everyone else on things like tv deals. Those two historic teams faced the very real prospect, well before Covid, of eventually not having other league teams to play. So they use their muscle and leverage in the football world, including sponsors, two convince teams that if they don’t get on the train they’ll be left behind. They want a league that will start out billed as a replacement for the champions league. But the way it is set up is more like NFL Europe; which the members becoming solidified franchises … until it is the only primary league.

The fans stood up and put some steel back in the backbone of some teams, and caused others to rethink the greed. The only teams that never technically backed out? The originators, Barca and Real along with Juventus are the only people still insisting the league is going forward.

It’s not “Barcelona hate”. I used to have an Iniesta Jersey. They weren’t my favorite team, but they had my respect. But now they have declared themselves the literal enemy of the other major teams in European football. There is no just getting around that.

wow! the story you made up is decent for the oscars!
not in the 90s but today... wow! you have some imagination there!!!

first you acomodate your version to what the friend of the criminal wars that used to own your club would love to say.
i dont care about whats going on with the superleague, but contracts are to be honored, if you signed something that says that you need to pay X if you leave, you have to do that, period. if there is no clause that says such thing, then it is fine. not that difficult.
it is funny how barça is the only one who has to honor the contracts (and barça does, or it would have relegated), but buying your story, it seems that the good guy is the one who wants to braech a contract, the rest are "mugs".

the enemies of football are whitewashing machines of criminal wars (and their friends), dictatorships, etc., not fully fan owned clubs.

I'd agree with this if the financials weren't without risk, short term "success" being leveraged against future guaranteed revenues is typically a cause for disaster.

Unless Barcelona can guarantee to be a powerhouse competitively there's not much credibility in their approach. They have a manager who is still unproven in the task at hand. Further consider that they are behind the likes of Madrid domestically, European competition not close to the likes of Liverpool, City and perhaps even Chelsea it's a hard task at hand.

do you think united could survive with 5% less of revenues?

if you think so, why do you think that barça would not?

in fact, this is less risky than a loan itself, because if our revenue decrease the amount we dont receive (or we pay, or we lose, whatever you wanna call it) also decreases, so it is derisking the sitaution.

Another thing he missed (and you did as well) is that Bayern didn't sell part of the club (which would be legally impossible), but they sold 25% of the professional football team (meaning other sports at the club aren't effected).

Owning 75% of the team means the club has full control over it and can decide how much dividends will be paid.

And legally the club is a non-profit organisation, so they essentially take the dividends to subsidize their other activities, but that also naturally limits how much dividends they take.

well, barcelona has sold 25% of tv rights of la liga of the men's team. it hasnt sold european rights, or women's rights, or any rights of any of the club teams of other sports, also subsidized by the men's football team. and by the way, barça's sections are way more successful than bayern, they are way more worthy (peanuts compared to football anyway)

owning 100% of the club means that the club has full control over everything and can decide to sell 25% so they still own 75% which means the club has full control over it.

There might be a reason why you are still classed as "newbie" after six years on this forum.
Rule one: Criticise the post and not the poster.

i basically didnt post for the 1st 5 years probably, so it explains ~83% of the matter.

for being such a experienced poster you just broke rule one.

can you please affirm again that bayern didnt lose ANY control of the club when they sold 25% to pay for the stadium?

and this was the original message, weird take saying that i was criticising the poster and not the post:

25% of the voting rights are not property of bayern. bayern only owns 75% of bayern.
when you give dividends, bayern only receives 75%.
i might be mistaken because you are super smart but 100>75.

I've argued this with posters before also, they see a number and assume it's an increase. No club is renovating their stadium and getting a 150 million increase in revenue :lol:. Otherwise we'd all be at it.

To be fair they believe it because it has been reported but it makes no sense even when you consider the supposed source of these revenues, for example Sixth Street sold the idea that they will bring NBA game to Madrid, lets say that it's true, first the next scheduled games are in Paris and the current actual agreement is with Accor Hotel Arena which as far as I know doesn't bring +70m per year.(It's a 20k hightech arena). NBA and NFL franchises share revenues between all franchises so the matchday revenue don't go to the stadium owners/operators, a part of it does but not all of it.

And most importantly unless I missed something neither the NBA nor the NFL intend to move a large amount of games in Europe, there is a rumour about moving an NFL franchise with London being the almost guaranteed destination, the other venues are in Germany(already scheduled) and France(rumoured for the future).

it would be something if the Dallas Cowboys make 280m of operating income per year and Sixth Streets can generate +150m per year while having less revenue sources and a smaller share of similar sources.

I've argued this with posters before also, they see a number and assume it's an increase. No club is renovating their stadium and getting a 150 million increase in revenue :lol:. Otherwise we'd all be at it.

I don't know if that's aimed at me. Anyway I know perfectly what it is. It's another thing to express myself in a non-native language.

can you please affirm again that bayern didnt lose ANY control of the club when they sold 25% to pay for the stadium?
Sure thing.

Bayern did not lose any control by selling 24.9% of the men's professional football team.
A 24.9% stake is not able to make any decision. A stake of 75.1%, on the other hand, can make any decision on its own. Accordingly, no control was lost.

It would also be nice if you toned down the way you "discuss". It is unpleasant like that.

hahahaha so... you really think it is better to sell 25% of OWNERSHIP rather than 5% of revenues for X amount of time??? hahahahaha.
Well, yes. As any sane person would, at least if they had a very, very, very basic grasp of finances.

(1) It doesn't matter if Bayern sold 49%, they maintain control. Never mind that the three other shareholders are local founded companies with a mutual interest in the success of Bayern (as has been explained in posters previous posts). It's pretty simple .. so I assumed you'd understand it

(2) selling x% of ownership doesn't equate to losing x% of revenue, just dividends. Selling 51% could be an issue (but even then it would depend on the rules/regs that that company operate to).

(3) I've posted this above but a couple of years ago, Bayern announced 15m of dividends, so the other shareholders got 3.75m.

Barca have just given away hundreds and hundreds of millions. Again, that's pretty simple maths, so surely you see the difference?

I don't know how simple we can make it for you to understand the differences between what Bayern and Barca have done. My nephew's 14.. I was speaking to him (he's a football nut) and he gets it.

Example;

Two companies have same set of accounts. Headlines...

* Revenue of 1Bn
* Profits of 50Mn
* Dividends of 15Mn

Company A has given up 25% of shares (which changes jack shit to how the company is managed/who dictates what the club do) so they've given up 25% of the DIVIDENDS (3.75Mn).

Company B has given up 10% of REVENUE (100Mn).

Which would you prefer? The 25% or the 10%?

Sure thing.

Bayern did not lose any control by selling 24.9% of the men's professional football team.
A 24.9% stake is not able to make any decision. A stake of 75.1%, on the other hand, can make any decision on its own. Accordingly, no control was lost.

It would also be nice if you toned down the way you "discuss". It is unpleasant like that.

Don't Bayern get far more money from Adidas, Allianz and Audi than they will ever get in dividends? For all intent and purposes these three bought part of a billboard that they were already using and had no intention to not use.

It's one of the few obviously and equally beneficial deals in Football.

Its actually insane that they're selling off their future for short term signings. And they aren't even that good ffs. Soon to be 34 year old Lewandowski, Raphinha who is decent but isn't even better than Dembele who they already have, bunch of mediocre free transfers, going for Kounde... They're still going to get slapped if they come up against the best teams in Europe (which they are not part of), Xavi is still an amateur coach, except now they would have mortgaged their future for 1 year of transfer spending!

If they were selling their assets to pay off debt and get back to a normal operating level, would actually make sense. Get a sense of normality, work with a new set budget and accept a 2 year rebuild where you focus on the cheaper youth and clear out the over paid players. Instead they're hoping that by spending big, hoping to win big, and hoping that will drive increased revenues... When this is all just a 1 year financial boost for a future drop in revenues. What happens if they get knocked out at Ro16 next season? Don't win the title? They're absolutely fecked in the future.

- Barcelona is paying debt with these levers and reducing wage bill to make the club's economy sustainable.

- Nothing will happen to Barcelona if they are eliminated in the Champions League at Ro16. That's a difference of €10M.

At this rate, 50% of Barca isn't owned by Barca by the next transfer next window.

- Barcelona is paying debt with these levers and reducing wage bill to make the club's economy sustainable.

- Nothing will happen to Barcelona if they are eliminated in the Champions League at Ro16. That's a difference of €10M.
Signing 34 year old Lewandowski for 50m and the huge wages doesn't seem like a sustainable plan

Signing 34 year old Lewandowski for 50m and the huge wages doesn't seem like a sustainable plan

You have to see the big picture, not just a small part.
Lewandowski will have a salary of €9M net the first 2 years, the last 2 lowers his salary.
I don't see that as a huge salary for The Best FIFA the last 2 years.

Sure thing.

so for you, it is the same owing 100% of a company rather than 50.1%.
interesting take.

i honor the tone that the person im answering used. :)
so, if im unpleasant it is because you are unpleasant.

Don't Bayern get far more money from Adidas, Allianz and Audi than they will ever get in dividends? For all intent and purposes these three bought part of a billboard that they were already using and had no intention to not use.

bayern receives from adidas less money than real madrid.
barça receives from nike more money than bayern from adidas (and not because it was signed later)

Well, yes. As any sane person would, at least if they had a very, very, very basic grasp of finances.

(1) It doesn't matter if Bayern sold 49%, they maintain control. Never mind that the three other shareholders are local founded companies with a mutual interest in the success of Bayern (as has been explained in posters previous posts). It's pretty simple .. so I assumed you'd understand it

(2) selling x% of ownership doesn't equate to losing x% of revenue, just dividends. Selling 51% could be an issue (but even then it would depend on the rules/regs that that company operate to).

(3) I've posted this above but a couple of years ago, Bayern announced 15m of dividends, so the other shareholders got 3.75m.

Barca have just given away hundreds and hundreds of millions. Again, that's pretty simple maths, so surely you see the difference?

I don't know how simple we can make it for you to understand the differences between what Bayern and Barca have done. My nephew's 14.. I was speaking to him (he's a football nut) and he gets it.

Example;

Two companies have same set of accounts. Headlines...

* Revenue of 1Bn
* Profits of 50Mn
* Dividends of 15Mn

Company A has given up 25% of shares (which changes jack shit to how the company is managed/who dictates what the club do) so they've given up 25% of the DIVIDENDS (3.75Mn).

Company B has given up 10% of REVENUE (100Mn).

Which would you prefer? The 25% or the 10%?

do you know that owning 100% means than you can sell 49% when you want and still have control (or not, depending on the importance of the decision you might need a qualified majority).
i guess that the idea for the next stadium will be selling another 24.9% so they still have control! then what? they go full united? or worse... newcastle???

barça might sell up to 49% of BLM (which loses money at this moment). that measure has been a reason of laugh, discredit and insults. it is horrible to sell a side business and it makes you a "joke of a club", but, apparently, selling the club itself is fantastic!!!!

barça can operate with 5% less revenue with 0 issues. in fact, the difference is basically saved from the extra money we make from nike versus what adidas pays bayern (it is funny that adidas is sooooo invested in bayern that pays more to real madrid, or nike to barcelona).

do you know that a football club is not a regular company? do you prefer dividends or titles? i guess united fans are super happy with the 8 figures dividend the glazers got this month. who cares about premier league or champions league when you can handle nice dividends to the glazers?

besides, a football club can easily operate with a little less of revenue, it can be way more complicated for a regular company.

i prefer to operate with 5% less revenues for some time rather than giving up the fans ownership.
btw, barça is not a for profit company.

and again, barça has a debt to be paid. what is your plan?

Last edited:
It's more about location though, Madrid and Barcelona are far more attractive to hold events than Manchester or Liverpool.

Don't waste your breathe. He either doesn't understand it or doesn't want to understand.
I have given up on him. Luckily there is a ten post limit for newbies, so he cannot spam too much.

bayern receives from adidas less money than real madrid.
barça receives from nike more money than bayern from adidas (and not because it was signed later)

And both of these things are irrelevant.

Last edited:

Yes, absolutely.

By acquiring the shares, the three companies have secured the right to advertise with the "Bayern Munich" brand. For further annual payments, of course.
Allianz names the stadium, Adidas supplies them with jerseys and Audi provides the car fleet.

You have to see the big picture, not just a small part.
Lewandowski will have a salary of €9M net the first 2 years, the last 2 lowers his salary.
I don't see that as a huge salary for The Best FIFA the last 2 years.
Having a 34 year old striker on 360k a week, with his backup being 33 years old on 220k a week, and 3rd choice being 28 years old on 200k a week is tragic. Its not a small part. You now have right winners in Dembele and Raphinha at 25 years old who are on 260k and 240k per week. Christensen, who is decidedly average and will likely get benched very quickly, is given 200k a week. Kessie on 260k. And so on.

Just looking at the squad list, it's a shit show and not a good squad. There are 10 players that are aged 30 or above. Then when you factor in the wages and realize that they are in fact still giving out crazy wages to tons of average players or big contracts to end of career players... What the feck are they doing? So what is the big picture? Spending hundreds of millions on a squad that will need a complete revamp in 2 years, except in 2 years they will have less money to spend due to selling off future profits, for average players now? Its insane. All this talk about how they're changing the wage structure, but they're signing loads (and not even good signings) and spending big when they can't even register them without this boost, and this income is a 1 time boost. So what's the plan next year when they don't have this big boost in? Cut contracts again? Panic sell and get stuck with not enough players, except now you don't have a bail out? It makes no sense, and even if you ignore the financial suicidal nature... They are not even good signings. Which is the craziest part. You aren't mortgaging your future and spending smartly and buying younger stars who will be key players long term. You are mortgaging your future for squad players or end of career players.

And both of things are irrelevant.

how is irrelevant that adidas pays more to other clubs?
and nike to barça?

if they pay a fair price who cares if they have shares or not? what is the benefit if they could get the same money anyway?

Having a 34 year old striker on 360k a week, with his backup being 33 years old on 220k a week, and 3rd choice being 28 years old on 200k a week is tragic. Its not a small part. You now have right winners in Dembele and Raphinha at 25 years old who are on 260k and 240k per week. Christensen, who is decidedly average and will likely get benched very quickly, is given 200k a week. Kessie on 260k. And so on.

Just looking at the squad list, it's a shit show and not a good squad. There are 10 players that are aged 30 or above. Then when you factor in the wages and realize that they are in fact still giving out crazy wages to tons of average players or big contracts to end of career players... What the feck are they doing? So what is the big picture? Spending hundreds of millions on a squad that will need a complete revamp in 2 years, except in 2 years they will have less money to spend due to selling off future profits, for average players now? Its insane. All this talk about how they're changing the wage structure, but they're signing loads (and not even good signings) and spending big when they can't even register them without this boost, and this income is a 1 time boost. So what's the plan next year when they don't have this big boost in? Cut contracts again? Panic sell and get stuck with not enough players, except now you don't have a bail out? It makes no sense, and even if you ignore the financial suicidal nature... They are not even good signings. Which is the craziest part. You aren't mortgaging your future and spending smartly and buying younger stars who will be key players long term. You are mortgaging your future for squad players or end of career players.
There’s no point explaining the obvious to them. They think what they’re doing is marvelous.

Everyone on the outside, every single person in football not Barcelona connected, can see they’re playing a very very dangerous game.

They’re so arrogant that they’d sooner turn it into a hate thread than a discussion.

There’s no point explaining the obvious to them. They think what they’re doing is marvelous.

Everyone on the outside, every single person in football not Barcelona connected, can see they’re playing a very very dangerous game.

They’re so arrogant that they’d sooner turn it into a hate thread than a discussion.
It's just so crazy from the outside looking. If they were paying off all their debts, cutting their high contracts and pushing harder to sell players, and trying to rebuild with a younger core on lower wages that they can actually register right now (without selling off more and more future revenues), then I would 100% get it. But they aren't! They're making a huge bet that they'll get back to the pinnacle of football and become a top team.. yet they aren't even making good signings. Bunch of average squad players on 200k+ per week, bunch of old players that will need replacing asap... Except in 1 or 2 years, they won't have the ability to sell more assets, as they will have sold as much as they can handle selling. It's kicking the can down the road by 1 or 2 years in favor of mediocre signings.

So does this lever mean they don't need FDJ to leave or will it speed things up or does nothing change until the next lever

Either way it really is weird situation and to witness what is happening and how they act

how is irrelevant that adidas pays more to other clubs?
and nike to barça?

if they pay a fair price who cares if they have shares or not? what is the benefit if they could get the same money anyway?

Because my point isn't about other clubs. Your answer couldn't be more irrelevant.

It'll be funny if their masterplan is Super League but when it finally happens nobody gives a shit about them anymore because their team is average to the point where they make less from Super League than La Liga.