Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

Signings can be whims, with more money or less money.
And Barcelona are rebuilding the team. There are good links about the situation of Barcelona. That way people can understand.
I've read them and understand. I still think your board are gambling.
I still think targetting Raphina for 60m is stupid. I think going for Kounde after signing Christensen is stupid, I think going for Bernardo Silva when you have Gavi, Pedri and Kessie is stupid. I read that your confident of getting Silva for under 100m the other day and laughed, probably made up bullshit by a tabloid but plausible despite your money problems.

Genuine question, What would constitute enough success to maintain the commercial success? Is being competitive and playing in the CL enough? What happens if you pull a united? In and out the CL with the occasional 2nd place finish and no big trophies.

This guy gets it.

They got into this mess because of their crazy transfers and salaries. Now they get some money, and…. they do crazy transfers and salaries

The people that run Barcelona are financially stupid, and are genuinely deluded into thinking sport can’t exist without them so everything will be alright “somehow”. What happens when a simple and inevitable problem like the borrowing rates shooting upward makes the payments they owed and couldn’t make before nearly double?
We are heading towards worldwide recessionary forces that could sallow the countries like Greece and Spain that almost went financially belly up last time.
Will they get the tv deal money if they can’t fulfill the contract because the other La Liga teams that have been strangled from getting a piece of the main pot collapse and there are no games to show? Barcelona literally admitted this could happen in their justification of the super league attempt.
Anyone who goes to play in Spain at this point gets what they deserve honestly.
The idea that they have 60 mil to pay Leeds Ha ha ha. At least Bayern is smart enough to call their bluff up front.

Genuine question, What would constitute enough success to maintain the commercial success? Is being competitive and playing in the CL enough? What happens if you pull a united? In and out the CL with the occasional 2nd place finish and no big trophies.

Barcelona makes a lot of money with the stadium, museum and tourist tickets. With a mediocre team, revenues fall a lot. To be left out of the top 4 is a hecatomb.
Finishing second in the league is €10M of the Spanish Super Cup.
It is not simply the fall in income in a section, it is a bit in each section that in the end it does a lot.

I've read them and understand. I still think your board are gambling.
I still think targetting Raphina for 60m is stupid. I think going for Kounde after signing Christensen is stupid, I think going for Bernardo Silva when you have Gavi, Pedri and Kessie is stupid. I read that your confident of getting Silva for under 100m the other day and laughed, probably made up bullshit by a tabloid but plausible despite your money problems.

This guy gets it.

Why is it stupid to sign Kounde and Rafinha? You will have to give arguments for me to understand your point of view.

The people that run Barcelona are financially stupid, and are genuinely deluded into thinking sport can’t exist without them so everything will be alright “somehow”. What happens when a simple and inevitable problem like the borrowing rates shooting upward makes the payments they owed and couldn’t make before nearly double?
We are heading towards worldwide recessionary forces that could sallow the countries like Greece and Spain that almost went financially belly up last time.
Will they get the tv deal money if they can’t fulfill the contract because the other La Liga teams that have been strangled from getting a piece of the main pot collapse and there are no games to show? Barcelona literally admitted this could happen in their justification of the super league attempt.
Anyone who goes to play in Spain at this point gets what they deserve honestly.
The idea that they have 60 mil to pay Leeds Ha ha ha. At least Bayern is smart enough to call their bluff up front.

https://www.espn.in/football/barcel...-players-while-chasing-more-stars-this-summer

Barcelona makes a lot of money with the stadium, museum and tourist tickets. With a mediocre team, revenues fall a lot. To be left out of the top 4 is a hecatomb.
It is not simply the fall in income in a section, it is a bit in each section that in the end it does a lot.

Why is it stupid to sign Kounde and Rafinha? You will have to give arguments for me to understand your point of view.
Because it'll cost you about 130m of money you dont have. And neither will be on low wages.
Leaving that aside Raphinha just isn't that great. There was probably a dozen clubs interested when it looked like leeds were getting relegated but im not surprised all but 2 moved on when they weren't. I would have been interested as a low fee because we need wingers but long term as far as competing at the top level i would have seen him as a squad player in the best case scenario. He'd probably be a bit more suited to barcelona in terms of style so maybe you get a bit more use from him. He's a similar level to Depay and Torres were he wont embarrass himself but wont improve your situation at all.
I can kind of see why he'd be worth that fee to arsenal, premier league proven and biesla players always look attractive in terms of workrate and professionalism. They have money to spare and are well stocked in most positions, taking a bit of a gamble with a good winger makes sense. Hes closer to their level in quality

You've just resigned Arujo on a new contract and brought in Christensen. Your paying massive fees to pique, alaba and stegen. No other club would spend 60m plus on a defender in that situation without moving someone on first.

Itts mostly your spending the annual budget of the wealthiest, most financially stable clubs in world football on two players you dont particularly need, who wont drastically improve you even if they work out and selling off future revenue to pay for it. Its clearly, blatantly, obviously risky.

Barcelona is rebuilding the squad, that's what the teams do. They have lost important players the last 2 years and this year and next they may lose FDJ, Piqué, Alba, Busquets... Bayern has 10 leagues in a row and signs Mane and is negotiating for De Ligt, in addition to the 2 Ajax players. They haven't behaved like spoiled child? And Juve? City? Chelsea?
You could also compare Barcelona to Real Madrid, and in that comparison it's clear that Barcelona are being much more aggressive in the transfer market than Real Madrid even though their financial situation is much worse.

Because it'll cost you about 130m of money you dont have. And neither will be on low wages.
Leaving that aside Raphinha just isn't that great. There was probably a dozen clubs interested when it looked like leeds were getting relegated but im not surprised all but 2 moved on when they weren't. I would have been interested as a low fee because we need wingers but long term as far as competing at the top level i would have seen him as a squad player in the best case scenario. He'd probably be a bit more suited to barcelona in terms of style so maybe you get a bit more use from him. He's a similar level to Depay and Torres were he wont embarrass himself but wont improve your situation at all.
I can kind of see why he'd be worth that fee to arsenal, premier league proven and biesla players always look attractive in terms of workrate and professionalism. They have money to spare and are well stocked in most positions, taking a bit of a gamble with a good winger makes sense. Hes closer to their level in quality

You've just resigned Arujo on a new contract and brought in Christensen. Your paying massive fees to pique, alaba and stegen. No other club would spend 60m plus on a defender in that situation without moving someone on first.

Itts mostly your spending the annual budget of the wealthiest, most financially stable clubs in world football on two players you dont particularly need, who wont drastically improve you even if they work out and selling off future revenue to pay for it. Its clearly, blatantly, obviously risky.

First of all we must talk about the Spanish FFP.
Laliga knows the expenses that a club will have and makes a prediction of income based on income in recent years.
Then calculate a wage bill limit, that limit means what you can spend without going into debt.
Suppose Barcelona this year has a salary cap of €500M and ends the year with a loss of €50M, the following year his wage bill would be €450M.

If Barcelona is within the wage bill that puts laliga will not be indebted. And if Barcelona passes it, they will not be able to register a player.

Kounde seems to me to be a necessary and very good signing. He is a very young player and can also be obtained at a lower price than last year.

And Raphinha also seems to me a necessary player among other things because Dembélé gets injured too much and he only renewed for 2 more years.

And Raphinha also seems to me a necessary player among other things because Dembélé gets injured too much and he only renewed for 2 more years.
If I had a player who was injured so often that I needed to get a 58m+ additional player because of it, I would simply not renew this injury-prone player.

The good thing about Barca’s financial state was Sporting was able to grab a real talent in Trincao from them.

Showed glimpses of his potential in Barca and wolves but I think in Sporting and with his old coach Amorim he will have all the tools to explode. Only 22 and the talent is their!

As for Barca it’s crazy to think that the Raphinha we Sold for 20M is now going to Barcelona.

If I had a player who was injured so often that I needed to get a 58m+ additional player because of it, I would simply not renew this injury-prone player.

Dembélé's renewal was to please Xavi. Mateu Alemany did not want to renew him.

Friendly match today for Barcelona, good minutes from Nico playing in the position of Busquets and Pablo Torre played a great game.

I salute you for making me Google this. Lovely word that I'll try to use where possible now. May be tricky to crowbar it in to regular conversation mind.

Laliga knows the expenses that a club will have and makes a prediction of income based on income in recent years.
Then calculate a wage bill limit, that limit means what you can spend without going into debt.
Suppose Barcelona this year has a salary cap of €500M and ends the year with a loss of €50M, the following year his wage bill would be €450M.

If Barcelona is within the wage bill that puts laliga will not be indebted. And if Barcelona passes it, they will not be able to register a player.

Kounde seems to me to be a necessary and very good signing. He is a very young player and can also be obtained at a lower price than last year.

Was Raphinha necessary though? I thought Ferran was signed for the RW and now Dembele has also re-signed. You have Fati, Aubameyang and Depay that can also play LW and 2 of those can also play CF but yet you want Lewandowski too. Some of these will be very expensive bench warmers.

All this and yet your club has outstanding deferred wages to pay (which they are trying to negotiate) and trying to get existing players to take pay cuts. Never even mind the €1b in debt.

Doesn't seem right to me.

Not that relevant to this conversation but I'm still pretty annoyed about the lack of sanctions against the clubs still in the Super League too.

How much do they owe their other players (apart from Frenkie) in deferred wages? Are they hoping they can morally bully them to accept giving the club their money? Is the worry here that if they pay Frenkie what he's owed, the other players will ask for the money they are all owed?

Was Raphinha necessary though? I thought Ferran was signed for the RW and now Dembele has also re-signed. You have Fati, Aubameyang and Depay that can also play LW and 2 of those can also play CF but yet you want Lewandowski too. Some of these will be very expensive bench warmers.

All this and yet your club has outstanding deferred wages to pay (which they are trying to negotiate) and trying to get existing players to take pay cuts. Never even mind the €1b in debt.

Doesn't seem right to me.

Not that relevant to this conversation but I'm still pretty annoyed about the lack of sanctions against the clubs still in the Super League too.

Fati es LW o CF, Auba is CF and Depay is LW. Auba may be his last season and Depay Barcelona wants to sell him.
Dembele renewed for 2 seasons only and is injured prone . If Barcelona renewed him it is because of Xavi's insistence.

How much do they owe their other players (apart from Frenkie) in deferred wages? Are they hoping they can morally bully them to accept giving the club their money? Is the worry here that if they pay Frenkie what he's owed, the other players will ask for the money they are all owed?

Barcelona had linear contracts but due to the pandemic they had to make ascending contracts.
Right now with this type of contract at Barcelona there are Piqué, Alba, Busquets Ter Stegen and FDJ.
Barcelona does not owe anything to any player, as the seasons go by the players will be paid according to what is stipulated in the contract they have signed.
Another thing is that due to these ascending contracts each year the wage bill will go up.

In a short time the economic balance of the season will come out and we will see how everything is.

You make it sound so casual, its a system designed to stop clubs from going bankrupt. If you have to sell off 25 years worth of revenue in order to avoid a firesale of half your squad then your in trouble. This just seems so painfully obvious that it feels weird to point it out.
Kounde is a great player, you'd be lucky to have him. Just seems extravagant when you've got 4 players in your back 6 miles over your budget, with no sign of them leaving in the near future. You've renewed the contract of a cb who was rumoured to be attracting transfer fees of 40m and have signed another cb who's probably worth a similar fee to Kounde if you turned around and sold him. Your talking about roughly 160m worth of cb's without including Pique. No other football team does that in one summer. No one.
We did something vaguely similar a few years back but we spread it across our defense after selling a pile of players and rebuilding. Thats all we did that summer. No midfielders. For your lewandowski we bought Daniel James for 15m with one season of championship football under his belt.
Football teams dont buy 60m back ups. The only comparison to any of your transfer plans this season is Manchester City. Except your squeezing all their crazy, extravagant transfer plans into one window. Buying 4 full backs in one summer, buying 60m pound attackers who'll sit on the bench most weeks. Signing Kessie and Alonso and Azpiliqueta who i'm not sure will even make the bench. All of your transfer plans are various degrees of mental.

Barcelona had linear contracts but due to the pandemic they had to make ascending contracts.
Right now with this type of contract at Barcelona there are Piqué, Alba, Busquets Ter Stegen and FDJ.
Barcelona does not owe anything to any player, as the seasons go by the players will be paid according to what is stipulated in the contract they have signed.
Another thing is that due to these ascending contracts each year the wage bill will go up.

What's the legal scenario in the event of a sale, surely there's backpay?

You gotta love french Barcelona fans, I read their comments about this 1st game and it was "Nico should start at n°6, he's great", "Pablo Torre might even be better than Pedri", "Kessie is going to be so great for us" just to find out they drew against a division 3 :lol:

Fati sucked real bad apparently though.

What's the legal scenario in the event of a sale, surely there's backpay?

There's no specific legal scenario unless they drafted provisions in the contract stating the money they transfered to future seasons his owed in case of a transfer. If what Niemans say is true, it's going to be down to negotiating with the player. Barcelona can give FdJ extra cash, FdJ can drop it or United can compensate for what he's going to loose compared to his ascending contract at Barcelona.

The debate shouldn’t even be about them needing to spend to compete. Look at the profile of players they are signing.

- Sign Aubameyang on big wages only to actively try to pay out of pocket for a 33 year old to replace him months later.

- Sign Ferran for 50 million and then actively try and replace him months later by paying through the nose for an average Raphinha.

- Force your best midifielder into taking a pay cut, while offering out big contracts to new signings.

- Signing a CB from Chelsea on a nice contract who gets stomachache and nerves and can’t play in big games.

- Wanting to sign Marcos Alonso

- Constantly telling players and agents to “wait for them” when they can’t afford to even register players they have.

None of their signings so far are good enough to elevate the quality of the team, while they continually mistreat the players they do have.

I thought, initially, that Laporte and co. were doing really well and looked set to make decisions that would benefit the club. I think it’s clear now that they will forsake the clubs future for success in their own time. Success that will never come, because they are light years away from Madrid and the big teams in Europe.

Suck it up, play it safe, and come back stronger! Don’t spend 60 million on Raphinha because you want to win big today….it’s not an option right now.

1.- €130M - October 2021
2. - No, Busquets has one year left on his contract, Jordi Alba and Gerard Piqué 2 and Ter Stegen has a lower salary.
3.- No, the other players end contracts or will not be sold.

You make it sound so casual, its a system designed to stop clubs from going bankrupt. If you have to sell off 25 years worth of revenue in order to avoid a firesale of half your squad then your in trouble. This just seems so painfully obvious that it feels weird to point it out.
Kounde is a great player, you'd be lucky to have him. Just seems extravagant when you've got 4 players in your back 6 miles over your budget, with no sign of them leaving in the near future. You've renewed the contract of a cb who was rumoured to be attracting transfer fees of 40m and have signed another cb who's probably worth a similar fee to Kounde if you turned around and sold him. Your talking about roughly 160m worth of cb's without including Pique. No other football team does that in one summer. No one.
We did something vaguely similar a few years back but we spread it across our defense after selling a pile of players and rebuilding. Thats all we did that summer. No midfielders. For your lewandowski we bought Daniel James for 15m with one season of championship football under his belt.
Football teams dont buy 60m back ups. The only comparison to any of your transfer plans this season is Manchester City. Except your squeezing all their crazy, extravagant transfer plans into one window. Buying 4 full backs in one summer, buying 60m pound attackers who'll sit on the bench most weeks. Signing Kessie and Alonso and Azpiliqueta who i'm not sure will even make the bench. All of your transfer plans are various degrees of mental.

Christensen and Kounde if you don't sign them this year you won't be able to sign them. Opportunities must be seized when they come. Piqué is 35 years old and may have a chronic injury. Lenglet has been loaned and Umtiti has a shattered knee.

The debate shouldn’t even be about them needing to spend to compete. Look at the profile of players they are signing.

- Sign Aubameyang on big wages only to actively try to pay out of pocket for a 33 year old to replace him months later.

- Sign Ferran for 50 million and then actively try and replace him months later by paying through the nose for an average Raphinha.

- Force your best midifielder into taking a pay cut, while offering out big contracts to new signings.

- Signing a CB from Chelsea on a nice contract who gets stomachache and nerves and can’t play in big games.

- Wanting to sign Marcos Alonso

- Constantly telling players and agents to “wait for them” when they can’t afford to even register players they have.

None of their signings so far are good enough to elevate the quality of the team, while they continually mistreat the players they do have.

I thought, initially, that Laporte and co. were doing really well and looked set to make decisions that would benefit the club. I think it’s clear now that they will forsake the clubs future for success in their own time. Success that will never come, because they are light years away from Madrid and the big teams in Europe.

Suck it up, play it safe, and come back stronger! Don’t spend 60 million on Raphinha because you want to win big today….it’s not an option right now.

Aubameyang this year has a fairly low contract. For next year they will negotiate again, and it will go up quite a bit, so I think this is their last year.

I totally disagree that Barcelona is light years away from Real Madrid.

1.- €130M - October 2021
2. - No, Busquets has one year left on his contract, Jordi Alba and Gerard Piqué 2 and Ter Stegen has a lower salary.
3.- No, the other players end contracts or will not be sold.

Christensen and Kounde if you don't sign them this year you won't be able to sign them. Opportunities must be seized when they come. Piqué is 35 years old and may have a chronic injury. Lenglet has been loaned and Umtiti has a shattered knee.

Aubameyang this year has a fairly low contract. For next year they will negotiate again, and it will go up quite a bit, so I think this is their last year.

I totally disagree that Barcelona is light years away from Real Madrid.

Real Madrid just won the Champions League, and have the likes of Camavinga and Tchoumeni on the bench.

They are at least a level above the current Barcelona squad (who might still loose their best midfielder)

Very few of the current Barcelona team, and noone they have signed so far, would start for Madrid.

I think that’s the cold heart of the matter. Christensen, Kessie, Raphinha, Alonso won’t get you any closer.

Madrid will probably bring in Gnabry at a decent price while Barcelona have overpaid for half the player in Raphinha.

Playing catch up in the current situation is only going to do more damage.

Real Madrid just won the Champions League, and have the likes of Camavinga and Tchoumeni on the bench.

They are at least a level above the current Barcelona squad (who might still loose their best midfielder)

Very few of the current Barcelona team, and noone they have signed so far, would start for Madrid.

I think that’s the cold heart of the matter. Christensen, Kessie, Raphinha, Alonso won’t get you any closer.

Madrid will probably bring in Gnabry at a decent price while Barcelona have overpaid for half the player in Raphinha.

I see that about the same. Only that Gnabry will renew at Bayern as soon Lewy is gone...

One thing is to win the Champions League being a dominant team and Madrid was not.

FDJ is not Barcelona's best midfielder right now, nor is he the second and third would have to be discussed.

Tchouameni is going to start ahead of Casemiro and Camavinga does not impress me at all.

Interesting piece in The Athletic today, showing how financial chaos/levers at Barca are deadlocking the transfer market across Europe at the moment. Obviously the prime example is Lewandowski...

...this causes collateral damage to another top European club.

Bayern Munich are not just about to lose their biggest attacking threat; they need to execute a plan to replace him as soon as possible.

The German club are working on a strategy if a deal for Lewandowski is completed. Bayern executive Hasan Salihamidzic confirmed negotiations for Juventus defender Matthijs De Ligt, which would be a blockbuster deal, and the money earned for Lewandowski would play a key role.

So Juventus are also waiting to see what happens at the Camp Nou.

The Raphina carry on has delayed Chelsea and Arsenal in their transfer activities as well as Leeds' search for a striker. And of course FDJ, normally your execs are a bit amateur in this field, but these are new execs all reliable reports point to them doing well, but again the delay is dealing with Barca and their financial shenanigans.

Of course Aspi and Alonso is also delaying things at Chelsea. So Barca's difficulties are causing problems directly and indirectly in most of Europe's leagues as lots of pre-seasons etc are affected while we all wait to see what lever gets pulled next.

I know it's behind a pay wall, but the full article is here for those that are interested https://theathletic.com/3417668/2022/07/13/barcelona-tranfers-raphinha-leeds-lewandowski/

……….There's no specific legal scenario unless they drafted provisions in the contract stating the money they transfered to future seasons his owed in case of a transfer……..
If there aren’t any provisions for this in those contracts then those players need new agents.
Would be bordering on negligent to leave such an obvious way for Barca to weasel out of their financial obligations.
also it’s essentially a golden handcuff for the player as they only get their true worth in the final year or so of the contract. It genuinely beggars belief that anyone agreed to this.

Exactly. Their fans are pretending that by spending money they’ll get success as if it’s spend money and win v tighten their belts and not compete.
Well what if they spend money and struggle? What if Xavi flops this season? It’s not as if they have spent money well in the recent past.
It’s like someone with a gambling addiction going into a bookies with their monthly wage in their pocket. This time it’s going to be different..

If there aren’t any provisions for this in those contracts then those players need new agents.
Would be bordering on negligent to leave such an obvious way for Barca to weasel out of their financial obligations.
also it’s essentially a golden handcuff for the player as they only get their true worth in the final year or so of the contract. It genuinely beggars belief that anyone agreed to this.

Yes and no since Barcelona can't really weasel out from a legal standpoint, FdJ has the right to say he wants to enforce his contract in full and won't leave.

But I agree with you, Barcelona can put pressure pretending they will bench him forever (they won't) if he stays and even if he can technically say now, he cannot really do that as the club will probably launch a huge PR campaign Bartomeu style to make sure everybody hates him.

By all accounts the clubs relationship with De Jong has been destroyed.

United just need to sit back with the popcorn and wait.

Come to Papa Murtough

Barcelona already have two 'new' centerbacks: Eric Garcia, who's been at the club for 1 season and is 21 years old, and Ronald Araujo, who's been in the first team for two seasons and is 23. Barcelona have now added a third 'new' center back, Christensen, who is 26 years old, and want to add another young new center back, 23-year-old Jules Kounde. I don't think Barcelona needs four young-ish center backs. There are not enough minutes for these players at this age. This is all quite excessive and I think probably only Manchester City have similar profiles for their CBs, most other top clubs have a combination of junior, 'prime', and senior players.

Last edited: