Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

T. Stegen
Azpi. Araujo. Kounde. Alba
Pedri. Busquets Gavi
Raphinha Lewa Fati

Xavi has said that he wants to test Nico in Busquets' position. In the first match against a third division opponent he looked very good.

Kessie surprised Xavi in these first trainings, he will be an important player with many minutes in the position of Gavi/Pedri.

The LB Xavi wants is M. Alonso. The case of Gayá is complicated, he may stay one more year in Valencia and next year he is free.

The player I want to see the most is P. Torre, he has incredible potential. He lacks a little resistance but will take it.
Last year at the age of 18 he was the best player of Racing de Santander to climb to the second division.

Alonso is great going forward, but is a pretty crappy defender. Azpi is brilliant, but age has already caught up with him, which is the only reason we're letting him go.

As for Kessie, why would you buy him if its then a 'surprise' that he's actually good?

Alonso is great going forward, but is a pretty crappy defender. Azpi is brilliant, but age has already caught up with him, which is the only reason we're letting him go.

As for Kessie, why would you buy him if its then a 'surprise' that he's actually good?
He was a free transfer so I’m guessing they might be surprised by how good he actually is in person vs how highly the scouts rated him?

He was a free transfer so I’m guessing they might be surprised by how good he actually is in person vs how highly the scouts rated him?

Effectively.

The dude is 25 and played over 200 games in serie A, are we still seriously believing these "he crushed the phyical tests" or "he showed a lot of qualities in his 1st practice session" platitudes? Chances are, Xavi either didn't watch him enough or he's just playing nice. You don't pretend you discovered a hidden gem in a 25 yo player who was on global television every week for years.

Used to be my 2nd favorite team, close behind Ajax. Obviously also because the clubs have quite a lot in common.

However I can't stand them anymore. They've become such a classless bunch, they can go bankrupt for all I care.

What they're doing to Frenkie is bizarre. He's not even the first one as Umtiti and Arthur have been through the same. They treated a club legend like Ronald Koeman like absolute garbage. A club acting so disrespectful towards a club legend is a disgrace.

Not to mention their Super League initiatives. Only for their own benefit, because they have made such a mess of things. This club does not take any responsibility for its own actions and failures.

They have had a huge era with Messi & Co, but lived above their standards to retain them. They could have sold one or two of their stars to be create a solid financial basis for the future, but refused to do so. This decision was good on one end (successfull team), but bad on the other (financial). Instead of taking responsibility for this choice now, they lash out at everything and everyone. What a big disgrace. I'm pretty sure Johan Cruijff is shaming himself in his grave for the disgraceful and classless behaviour of the club that he brought to these heights.

Barca needs to take responsibility for its actions. Rebuild, without forcing players out on stupid excuses whilst still spending crazy amounts of money on other players. Stop Super League ambitions because it's only in your own benefit. Barcelona should just accept it has to take a step or two back and rebuild a new great team which will take 5-10 years. That's the place Barcelona are in right now. They should not be signing players like Lewandowski. Absolutely ridiculous.

If they get Kounde, Silva and Lewa, they have the potential to win the treble next season.

Don’t forget that they are after Bernardo Silva as well. Can’t believe that City will let him go for less than £80m. Barcelona will buy him (if City let him go), even if they don’t sell De Jong, as there is no joined-up thought at the club. They will also expect La Liga to bend over backwards to accommodate their profligacy.

Hopefully, De Jong won’t leave without Barcelona paying his outstanding wages, and United insisting on paying in instalments.

T. Stegen
Pedri. Busquets Gavi
Raphinha Lewa Fati

Xavi has said that he wants to test Nico in Busquets' position. In the first match against a third division opponent he looked very good.

Kessie surprised Xavi in these first trainings, he will be an important player with many minutes in the position of Gavi/Pedri.

The LB Xavi wants is M. Alonso. The case of Gayá is complicated, he may stay one more year in Valencia and next year he is free.

The player I want to see the most is P. Torre, he has incredible potential. He lacks a little resistance but will take it.
Last year at the age of 18 he was the best player of Racing de Santander to climb to the second division.

isnt it crazy how you and the person you quoted haven't included the 50m man Torres.

The logical thing this summer would have been to scoop up any freebies they can, offload players they can (de jong) and extend the players they have.

instead they have somehow spent 50+ on yet another winger. Are chasing an old expensive striker when they signed one in January thats actually worked out okay. And chasing Bernado Silva when they cant afford to pay a midfielder they already have.

Nothing they are doing seems logical or sustainable.

isnt it crazy how you and the person you quoted haven't included the 50m man Torres.

The logical thing this summer would have been to scoop up any freebies they can, offload players they can (de jong) and extend the players they have.

instead they have somehow spent 50+ on yet another winger. Are chasing an old expensive striker when they signed one in January thats actually worked out okay. And chasing Bernado Silva when they cant afford to pay a midfielder they already have.

Exactly. It's nothing but an absolute disgrace. If this club goes bankrupt no one should be feeling sorry. They make a mess of things and then don't respect their contracts, come up with selfish ideas like Super League and blaming their mess on about the whole world but themselves.

Alemany : Frenkie is an important player, we rely on him but FFP makes us sell players

Laporta 2mn later : it's not true that FFP forces us to sell Frenkie

Mess que un club :lol:

Dembele looked like he wasn't going to renew and A. Fati has had injury problems.
Depay will probably be sold.

If Barcelona can't pay, then LaLiga will not let the new signings register.

Am I right in thinking that next season Barca are planning to have -
Raphinha
Dembele
Lewa
Aubameyang
Depay
Torres
Fati
Bernardo

All fighting for 3 forward positions? They've duped Dembele to sign a new low wage contract, and I haven't heard any plans for them to force Depay or Aubameyang out.

Assuming Busquets, Pedri and Gavi/Kessie are the midfield.

Bernardo will play in the midfield. Depay will possibly be sold.

With each bit of communication they come off as more and more of a mess. Feels like a broken club.

T. Stegen
Pedri. Busquets Gavi
Raphinha Lewa Fati

Interesting, thanks!

With each bit of communication they come off as more and more of a mess. Feels like a broken club.

For a broken club, they are having an insane window.

If they get Lewandowski and Bernardo, it's genuinely the best transfer window in the world!

For a broken club, they are having an insane window.

If they get Lewandowski and Bernardo, it's genuinely the best transfer window in the world!
I still doubt they will topple Madrid, and even if they did I don't think it's worth going the way of Leeds to do so.

Why do they want to sign all of these expensive players to begin with? They have Aubameyang, why buy a 35(?) year old Lewandowski? I understand wanting to improve the team but is there a need to buy the players they're buying, THIS summer?

If they get Kounde, Silva and Lewa, they have the potential to win the treble next season.
We had the potential to win everything after signing Varane, Ronaldo and Sancho last season, that worked out well. More seriously, on paper they have a team to compete with Real, i just dont think it'll translate to on the pitch performances, not to the extent of Real who are much more than the sum of their parts at least.
I dont really think they're lacking at cb or attacking midfield. The only thing their lacking is experience and game time for young, talented players. Midfield balance would be an issue for most teams too with Busquets being the only defensive minded player available but i accept barca operate differently to most. Just seems like a fragile set up to balance and I wouldn't trust Busquets to be up for it really. Full backs aren't great and the players they're targetting wont change that. Wingers are decent but nothing more, except Dembele possibly but that doesn't look a great bet these days. Lewandowski makes a lot of sense to me to be honest, age will start catching up with him but at 33 it shouldn't be a problem for a year or two. Could easily go the way of Shevchenko and just not be very good for them and i'd be a bit wary of Bayern being somewhat cooperative about the whole thing in that context. Adding some top tier talent to their forward line makes sense to me though and in terms of guaranteed success vs price to bring in he looks a good bet overall.

I don’t trust the government of Spain to understand how much trouble they are in, much less a football reporter. Many of the debts Barca are carrying could as much as double in next 6 months without them spending any additional money - just due to the position of being a loan begging institution lying to people about financial viability puts you in when the banks are about to come down like a hammer, and currencies are destined to go into disarray.
But again, this is if you consider it JUST a Barca problem. Where will the income arrive from if the other teams in La Liga fold under? Analysts are predicting the whole country of Spain could be facing the type of administration rescue Greece did not too long ago.
Barca themselves said they NEEDED the super league and listed a lot of these very same reasons. Now it’s all just gonna magically be ok?

So yeah, when you have admitted you are staring ruin in the face, and have not yet figured out how to pay back owed wages from one and two years ago yet… it begs the question of how you have 60 mil for a relatively untested winger, or if the money is even gonna get paid to Leeds at all. Barca haven’t followed through on any of their other obligations.
I think anyone who voluntarily walks into that situation is a nutter. Nostalgia only goes so far in the face of reality.

Dembele looked like he wasn't going to renew and A. Fati has had injury problems.
Depay will probably be sold.

If Barcelona can't pay, then LaLiga will not let the new signings register.

Bernardo will play in the midfield. Depay will possibly be sold.

Yes but what about Ferran? You now have 3 players on signed for big money and probably still on big money to play the RW. Unless you think Ferran will play as CF but then why bother with Lewandowski? And why was Aubameyang signed prior?

I can't get my head around the management of this club, the transfer strategy or where the money is supposedly coming from to pay for it all.

I don’t trust the government of Spain to understand how much trouble they are in, much less a football reporter. Many of the debts Barca are carrying could as much as double in next 6 months without them spending any additional money - just due to the position of being a loan begging institution lying to people about financial viability puts you in when the banks are about to come down like a hammer, and currencies are destined to go into disarray.
But again, this is if you consider it JUST a Barca problem. Where will the income arrive from if the other teams in La Liga fold under? Analysts are predicting the whole country of Spain could be facing the type of administration rescue Greece did not too long ago.
Barca themselves said they NEEDED the super league and listed a lot of these very same reasons. Now it’s all just gonna magically be ok?

So yeah, when you have admitted you are staring ruin in the face, and have not yet figured out how to pay back owed wages from one and two years ago yet… it begs the question of how you have 60 mil for a relatively untested winger, or if the money is even gonna get paid to Leeds at all. Barca haven’t followed through on any of their other obligations.
I think anyone who voluntarily walks into that situation is a nutter. Nostalgia only goes so far in the face of reality.
I've tried to explain how all this worked. There is enough information in this thread.

I've tried to explain how all this worked. There is enough information in this thread.

The signing of Raphinha according to the press is paid in 3 installments and the money comes from 10% of the television rights.
If we talk about accounting, between salary and amortization will be €22-24M per year of wage bill.

Here you simply have to add and subtract wage bill to see if it meets the FFP.

Yes but what about Ferran? You now have 3 players on signed for big money and probably still on big money to play the RW. Unless you think Ferran will play as CF but then why bother with Lewandowski? And why was Aubameyang signed prior?

I can't get my head around the management of this club, the transfer strategy or where the money is supposedly coming from to pay for it all.

We'll see if Auba continues next year. Dembélé renewed for 2 years only.

Money comes from the levers, that word so funny at first but now, apparently, it is no longer funny.

If Barcelona does not comply and has balanced expenses and income, they will not be able to register the players.

Alemany : Frenkie is an important player, we rely on him but FFP makes us sell players

Laporta 2mn later : it's not true that FFP forces us to sell Frenkie

Mess que un club :lol:

Frenkie is an important player for us. We count on him. This is where the story ends," he said. However, he added that "the issue of fair play forces there to be departures at FC Barcelona. Those who leave will be ones or other".

Frenkie is an important player for us. We count on him. This is where the story ends," he said. However, he added that "the issue of fair play forces there to be departures at FC Barcelona. Those who leave will be ones or other".

My bad if it wasn't translated properly, it came from the biggest french Barcelona fanpage so I assumed it was reliable.

The signing of Raphinha according to the press is paid in 3 installments and the money comes from 10% of the television rights.
If we talk about accounting, between salary and amortization will be €22-24M per year of wage bill.

Here you simply have to add and subtract wage bill to see if it meets the FFP.

We'll see if Auba continues next year. Dembélé renewed for 2 years only.

Money comes from the levers, that word so funny at first but now, apparently, it is no longer funny.

If Barcelona does not comply and has balanced expenses and income, they will not be able to register the players.
I like you answer everything on a calm and collected way. Good infos too.

I didn't realize how badly obsessed Chelsea fans are with Barca. :lol: Embarrassing. Like wanting your ex to fail in everything.

When I went to see Chelsea Vs Barcelona at the Nou Camp in 2018 a group of about 50 Barca ultras appeared from an alley and threw bricks and bottles at our fans just walking normally to the game. I saw a bottle hurled from 30 yards and smash on a old guy's face next to me and he was a bloody mess. Then afterwards their stadium's security guards decided to force us into a bottleneck and were striking everyone unlucky to be on the edges with batons causing a stampede over the most unsafe, wobbly ramshackle bridge I've ever seen.

But they're more than a club. Fingers crossed they aren't put into financial ruin xo

I didn't realize how badly obsessed Chelsea fans are with Barca. :lol: Embarrassing. Like wanting your ex to fail in everything.

Yeah, it's almost like we have a thread with more than 5K replies and 120 pages discussing Barca's demise at the Chelsea message board.

My bad if it wasn't translated properly, it came from the biggest french Barcelona fanpage so I assumed it was reliable.

Don't worry, we can't be all day verifying so much information. Many times we trust pages that have proven reliability and sometimes they do not translate well.

I like you answer everything on a calm and collected way. Good infos too.

Thanks a lot. I try to provide useful information to help understand.

They're very ambitious with their current transfer window, I'll give them that but it all seems like an insanely risky strategy by them. I guess they'll be fine if they manage to become competitive again in Europe and win a league title here and there but this doesn't seem sustaintable and relies on them having being succesful on the short term. So I also think this has every chanve of going very wrong.

Says us who have a Barca thread mocking everything they’re doing .

I think most ‘caf’ websites from Bayern, real of course are loving what’s going on there at the moment

dare I say just like they have had one on us for the last decade and we’ve given the nothing but entertainment

No no no, don’t worry. Calling the absolute simplest financial transaction (selling future income with a discount to have cash at hand now) a „lever“ is still funny.

But every day is leversday so don’t expect comments all the time. And please sign Leversdowski, we need the money for de Ligt. Thank you.

No no no, don’t worry. Calling the absolute simplest financial transaction (selling future income with a discount to have cash at hand now) a „lever“ is still funny.

But every day is leversday so don’t expect comments all the time. And please sign Leversdowski, we need the money for de Ligt. Thank you.

De Ligt is massively overrated.

Option 1 - Lever
Option 2 - absolute simplest financial transaction selling future income with a discount to have cash at hand now.

Anyone as you need to say 3 times lever and have to choose the second option is fecked up.

Barcelona want to sign Lewandowski. The money where Bayern Munich spends it is none of our business.
Each team has its needs.

There not giving you any money for Lewa. It’s all going on wages. Just look how ridiculous the Raphinha deal is.