Gaming Baldur's Gate III by Larian Studios (PS5, PC, Mac, Xbox Series X|S)

I think the cutscene point is about unavoidable cutscenes, after which you're immediately dropped into a fight.

I'll give my latest example: So, I'm tasked to assassinate 3 leaders in the Goblin Camp. I get to the chieftain, who after a lengthy cutscene decides to sit down on his throne. Well, if this isn't a great opportunity to set up my guys, and land in some massive sneak damage. So, I have my Gloomstalker climb a pillar, take aim at him out of the shadows, hit him for some decent damage..only to have one these "You've attacked someone"-prompts come up. After deciding not to bribe "someone" for some arbitrary sum of gold, combat is initiated, my setup has gone bust, and said chieftain has his HP reset. Feck this.

which one?

edit:
balthazar

I think that might be the one
The one in the Shadowheart quest thing

I think that might be the one
The one in the Shadowheart quest thing
If it is the necromancer then yeah. I beat him by having either Gale or Shadowheart (can't remember who has the spell at the time) banish him so I could clean up everyone else. When he reappeared it was my whole party vs. him and it went quick. He loves casting cloudkill, so getting him out of play and spreading out is the way to go.

If it is the necromancer then yeah. I beat him by having either Gale or Shadowheart (can't remember who has the spell at the time) banish him so I could clean up everyone else. When he reappeared it was my whole party vs. him and it went quick. He loves casting cloudkill, so getting him out of play and spreading out is the way to go.

I have never touched a game like this before, i did try BG1 and 2 back in the days, but just for a little while on a friend's PC, so didn't really get a proper try.
Was pretty much just running into fights and only using damage abilities, and figuring things out on my own. Didn't use any control spells at all, i think...
I think Wow might have ruined me in a way, where you can't control bosses or elite mobs etc.
At some point in act 1 i changed to easy difficulty, just to get through it.
Am back at normal now, or whatsitcalled, and try to play smarter.

Also....
The boss and his friends kept kicking my guys off the platform, i was in proper nerdrage mode!

I have never touched a game like this before, i did try BG1 and 2 back in the days, but just for a little while on a friend's PC, so didn't really get a proper try.
Was pretty much just running into fights and only using damage abilities, and figuring things out on my own. Didn't use any control spells at all, i think...
I think Wow might have ruined me in a way, where you can't control bosses or elite mobs etc.
At some point in act 1 i changed to easy difficulty, just to get through it.
Am back at normal now, or whatsitcalled, and try to play smarter.

Also....
The boss and his friends kept kicking my guys off the platform, i was in proper nerdrage mode!
Oh shit, now I get why the whole "pushed him off the platform" thing never made sense. I killed his ass right away and so my fight was in his room in the begining of the gauntlent on the top floor. No place in there to get pushed so it was a straight tactical battle.

I take back everything I said about Act 2. It's epic as fooooooooock.

I think you can sum up how you ended the Act with an answer to this:
Black hair or Blonde?
I'm still playing it so I'm not sure what you mean but I just got to the bit where

I persuaded Shadowheart not to kill the Nightsong, who grew wings and a sword and flew away to feck up the immortal J Jonah Jameson who earlier I saw saying badass lines like "Try again..." after someone buried a giant axe into his neck to no effect.

The spell combos in this game are incredible. Created a huge puddle of water and electrocuted it - enemies are getting destroyed running into it taking double damage. Once they are all in the puddle, I froze it with a frost spell - instant ice and they go prone for easy pickings, then a fireball + lightning once they get up.

Such a simple spell has so many uses. My party got hit by a fireball, cast create water and the party is now fire resistant.

Almost every "utility" spell seems to have some sort of offensive or defensive use as well. It's all quite cool.

I'm still playing it so I'm not sure what you mean but I just got to the bit where

I persuaded Shadowheart not to kill the Nightsong, who grew wings and a sword and flew away to feck up the immortal J Jonah Jameson who earlier I saw saying badass lines like "Try again..." after someone buried a giant axe into his neck to no effect.
So Blonde then. :)

The spell combos in this game are incredible. Created a huge puddle of water and electrocuted it - enemies are getting destroyed running into it taking double damage. Once they are all in the puddle, I froze it with a frost spell - instant ice and they go prone for easy pickings, then a fireball + lightning once they get up.

Such a simple spell has so many uses. My party got hit by a fireball, cast create water and the party is now fire resistant.

Almost every "utility" spell seems to have some sort of offensive or defensive use as well. It's all quite cool.

If you go water, then lightning, then fireball the guys will have disadvantage on dex saves from being electrocuted, so will like take full fireball damage :)

If you go water, then lightning, then fireball the guys will have disadvantage on dex saves from being electrocuted, so will like take full fireball damage :)

They won't have resistance from wet?

They won't have resistance from wet?
If they are standing in water as opposed to you using create water over them they should not be considered "wet" I would think. Even better would be to get them to stand in wine so you get extra flame damage from that when fireball hits.

If they are standing in water as opposed to you using create water over them they should not be considered "wet" I would think. Even better would be to get them to stand in wine so you get extra flame damage from that when fireball hits.

:lol: This game never ceases to amaze me

Anybody who finished the game already got an opinion on the Zhentarim?
Just re-visited them and got unfortunately into a situation where I had to wipe out the whole hideout. Oops. Thought they were cnuts anyway but the leader was quite sexy and was hinting that we‘d meet again in Baldur‘s Gate…any grear lategame stuff I‘m missing out now?
I've actually missed them completely early on so they were there for me in Baldur's Gate – they play a big part in two quests and you can
side with them of the Guild in the upcoming conflict

By the way, has anyone shared this? I've had a great laugh watching it.

Anyone play this with a controller? Have a PC obv but with it being available on GeForceNow it would be cool to know if its playable from my couch with nothing but a controller as well.

Anyone know the timeline for this to come out on Xbox? A friend of mine said weeks but I thought it would be next year?

I've actually missed them completely early on so they were there for me in Baldur's Gate – they play a big part in two quests and you can
side with them of the Guild in the upcoming conflict
I dont think it'll matter to be honest. Not like the dead guys can rat you out.

Got the deluxe edition preloaded on ps5, a little annoyed I’ve got to wait until 5 tomorrow afternoon for it to unlock.

Anyone know the timeline for this to come out on Xbox? A friend of mine said weeks but I thought it would be next year?
"2023 is narrowing, so it's already pretty precise in my book. Between September and November... So, as fast as we can honestly,"

From the head of Larian.

"2023 is narrowing, so it's already pretty precise in my book. Between September and November... So, as fast as we can honestly,"

From the head of Larian.
Between this and Starfield I’m going to become a recluse.

She needs some protection in battles, I’m not a monster.
I mean ...
You could set it to show her camp equipment (toggle just above) while having the chunkiest armor equipped. I think i'd be too embarassed from someone walking in and seeing my naturists run to take that option but have fun to the rest of you.

I mean ...
You could set it to show her camp equipment (toggle just above) while having the chunkiest armor equipped. I think i'd be too embarassed from someone walking in and seeing my naturists run to take that option but have fun to the rest of you.
Trust me, it's not that embarrassing. But you also have to be in the nude.

So how long did it take you to realize your lifelong dream and polymorph into a bird?
Meh, according to my old college flatmate I could've easily been a "bear" if I wanted to.

Oh, she distances herself from you completely in that scenario? Makes sense.
That is what I’ve read, not seen it myself. Maybe on my next play through where I’m going to probably do a power mad sorcerer build.

It's pretty good on ps5 so far but you're obviously limited by how many buttons are on the controller. Took me ages to figure out how to open the inventory. :nervous: