Gaming Baldur's Gate III by Larian Studios (PS5, PC, Mac, Xbox Series X|S)

Resurrection is such a core component of DnD that "real" character death is rare unless there is a TPK, so I am guessing that explains the lack of cutscene. I respect the dedication to your strategy though.

I wasn't aware of this. I maybe need to rethink that then and go back and see if I can revive him. I came to BG3 more from the Larian/Divinity side of things. I thought the characters being "downed" was your chance to save them and the revive was just added to avoid people losing their favourite companions

I wasn't aware of this. I maybe need to rethink that then and go back and see if I can revive him. I came to BG3 more from the Larian/Divinity side of things. I thought the characters being "downed" was your chance to save them and the revive was just added to avoid people losing their favourite companions

It's been a while since I played (and by while I mean decades) so my main exposure to DnD these days is Critical Role, and while the DM makes resurrection challenging it is still a thing and I believe actual character death is extremely rare (I think only once over 3 campaigns and hundreds of episodes).

Exactly, the beach scene is why we all bought this game...errr....right?
:drool: :drool: :drool:

edit: I need a guide for my second playthrough how to keep Shadowheart playing a bad character. I can't imagine my life playthroughs without her anymore. (because of her cleric skills obviously :angel:)

Last edited:
You take those bitch words back with you to Bitch Town right now or I swear to God...

Me, Wyll and Karlach are just loving life, being all heroic and good, she is kind of a wet blanket. I'm tired of tip-toeing around her.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

edit: I need a guide for my second playthrough how to keep Shadowheart playing a bad character. I can't imagine my life playthroughs without her anymore. (because of her cleric skills obviously :angel:)
Having messed around with an evil character shes much easier than most to keep on side.

Finally finished it, left me sat here reminiscing about the journey as the credits role. Incredible game, maybe the goat.

aaand there's a post-credit scene, of course there is.

I'm stuck at a quest and it's frustrating as feck.
I have googled and found that i have to go to a place and talk to a person there.
It's the exact place where there's a marker on the map, but there is noone there. I did not kill him.
I don't think it's too much of a spoiler, but i'll hide his name anyway...
Redhammer the Deviser

I have googled and found that i have to go to a place and talk to a person there.
It's the exact place where there's a marker on the map, but there is noone there. I did not kill him.
Redhammer the Deviser

Checked youtube, and obviously the guy went to the same place i was, but on youtube the person i am looking for was there.

Damn, got to Act 3 and the items in the mundane chest aren't the same as the ones I put in. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature (it only works for a certain amount of time or in a certain area). Had about 25k worth of vendor trash in it but more importantly some boss loot that I hadn't had a chance to look at (I was throwing all of the stuff from the end of act 2 in it, to avoid being encumbered).

Damn, got to Act 3 and the items in the mundane chest aren't the same as the ones I put in. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature (it only works for a certain amount of time or in a certain area). Had about 25k worth of vendor trash in it but more importantly some boss loot that I hadn't had a chance to look at (I was throwing all of the stuff from the end of act 2 in it, to avoid being encumbered).
Have you tried taking the items out and back into your inventory?

Have you tried taking the items out and back into your inventory?

I took them out of the chest and they stay as cups and plates. I didn't try dropping them on the ground if that's what you mean? I switched them to different characters and still nothing. They still have their sale value which is good, it's just some of the nicer items that I may have wanted to keep hold of that are ruined

I took them out of the chest and they stay as cups and plates. I didn't try dropping them on the ground if that's what you mean? I switched them to different characters and still nothing. They still have their sale value which is good, it's just some of the nicer items that I may have wanted to keep hold of that are ruined

Sounds like a bug, but its also kind of hilarious, so wouldn't surprise me if intended.

Could be there's some conditions needed for it to work, reddit will probably have the answere.

Redhammer the Deviser

Ive had similar bugs. Like so many games on launch its bugged and will take time to sort out.

Act 3 has been pretty smooth for me. Couple of weird pieces of dialogue that don't fit. Its feels less stable and a bit rough though. Its been an improvement over divinity for me but i expect the definitive edition in a years time will be a better experience.

reload?

Act 3 has been pretty smooth for me. Couple of weird pieces of dialogue that don't fit. Its feels less stable and a bit rough though. Its been an improvement over divinity for me but i expect the definitive edition in a years time will be a better experience.

Having sunk a measly 20 hours into Divinity 2, I think BG3 is in a different stratosphere.

Ive had similar bugs. Like so many games on launch its bugged and will take time to sort out.

I did more googling and youtubing, and the comments on youtube told me that it's not only me.
Was wondering if i had forgotten a part of a quest to make him pop up, cause that can easily happen with us who never read quests.

Big patch dropped today, fixed 1000 bugs or something. I only experienced like 3 minor bugs or something, so that's some going.

Mebbe sort your mundane chest thing out.

@Faetheshire86 I just searched patch notes and it includes "fixed an issue where the Chest of the Mundane stopped functioning as intended once you arrived in Wyrm's Crossing."

Last edited:
Got a bit more time to play it and I’m deep into act 2 now. The gauntlet of shar is brilliant.

already one of the best games I’ve ever played. It’s astonishing.

Decided not to wait for the Mac version and played it through the Nvidia Geforce... I think it was close to 20 hours of an almost uninterrupted gaming since the Friday night, I don't think I've done that since my teenage days? What a game.

Decided not to wait for the Mac version and played it through the Nvidia Geforce... I think it was close to 20 hours of an almost uninterrupted gaming since the Friday night, I don't think I've done that since my teenage days? What a game.
How has GeForce worked for you? My laptop is old and I can only run BG3 on minimal settings. Based on the videos I have seen online I can see I am majorly missing out on how good the game looks. GeForce looks pricey, but still cheaper than a new gaming desktop.

How has GeForce worked for you? My laptop is old and I can only run BG3 on minimal settings. Based on the videos I have seen online I can see I am majorly missing out on how good the game looks. GeForce looks pricey, but still cheaper than a new gaming desktop.
Works well enough for me! No issues so far.

In act one, going into the house nearby the ogres with the noises coming out of it ....:lol::lol::lol:

I'm into the second act and it's starting to lose its charm a bit. It just feels like there's less going on - less chat between companions and less variety when it comes to exploring. The narrative is getting a little muddier as well where I'm not entirely sure if I'm doing what I'm meant to in any given situation.

I'm into the second act and it's starting to lose its charm a bit. It just feels like there's less going on - less chat between companions and less variety when it comes to exploring. The narrative is getting a little muddier as well where I'm not entirely sure if I'm doing what I'm meant to in any given situation.
That's the beauty, there is no right thing to do in a given situation. Do what you want, just be ready for actual consequences.

Sometimes there definitely is a right thing to do. In that doing the wrong thing means game over.
Well yes. I still get a chuckle out of the Wish spell being used to end my game the same day I made a comment on here about a level cap being in place to avoid having to figure out the mechanics of the wish spell :lol: .

Sometimes there definitely is a right thing to do. In that doing the wrong thing means game over.
And from what I’ve read taking the “evil” path is far less rewarding than the good path and can lock you out of a lot of stuff which is disappointing.

Noticed that too and I’m at the brink of entering act two. But for now it‘s a nice change (less talk, more action) for me.

Still think it‘s quite funny that
for all that nonstop proud ass talk from Laezel I just kept on killing every single entity of her race that crossed our path - with her gladly participating. And that I also wondered who that Gale guy is some kept mentioning - just when I thought I‘d enter act two and went across the map once more to check out the last obscure spots I remembered that weird glowing symbol you come across right after the prologue- and that I was too afraid to touch it back then. Had a good party set up already so no idea how he‘s in combat but seemed annoying.

I just got to Act 3, but from what I hear it's not quite finished (very Larian-esque), so I think I'll let the game lie for a few months.
I’ll finish it and play it again when the definitive edition comes out, this is the way.

for all that nonstop proud ass talk from Laezel I just kept on killing every single entity of her race that crossed our path - with her gladly participating. And that I also wondered who that Gale guy is some kept mentioning - just when I thought I‘d enter act two and went across the map once more to check out the last obscure spots I remembered that weird glowing symbol you come across right after the prologue- and that I was too afraid to touch it back then. Had a good party set up already so no idea how he‘s in combat but seemed annoying.

Oh god :lol:

I've never played D&D or a turn-based game and the closest I ever got to an actual RPG is TW3 (in 2000 hours deep in this) but this is some game, and I'm absolutely obsessed with it!

I already know I've missed so much as I spent the first act learning how to fight and trying to get my head around the need to buff ect. rather than just whack everything on site.

In the words of the great brothers Mac and Donald, I'm loving it!

I’ll finish it and play it again when the definitive edition comes out, this is the way.

I just loaded a save 5 hours back because of something that wasn't properly explained, so I'm at exactly the right mental spot to take a break from the game.

Still, I do really like the game. Not sure about "best game ever" or anything, but it's good. Think I might prefer DOS2 actually, but that was a fantastic game to be fair.

I just loaded a save 5 hours back because of something that wasn't properly explained, so I'm at exactly the right mental spot to take a break from the game.

Still, I do really like the game. Not sure about "best game ever" or anything, but it's good. Think I might prefer DOS2 actually, but that was a fantastic game to be fair.
Dos2 was also a bit half baked in act 3 at launch though but the definitive edition fixed all that!

I did do a thing in act 2 that basically locked me out of a load of other shit and areas and it didn’t really feel clear to me that would happen, so that was annoying and I had To go back to a previous save then.

I agree with Mr Penis Bird Face that act 2 isn’t as good for companion chats, interaction, then talking amongst themselves etc. basically you can tell act 1 spent years in early access and the others didn’t.

. And that I also wondered who that Gale guy is some kept mentioning - just when I thought I‘d enter act two and went across the map once more to check out the last obscure spots I remembered that weird glowing symbol you come across right after the prologue- and that I was too afraid to touch it back then. Had a good party set up already so no idea how he‘s in combat but seemed annoying.
Someone call the Hague because I'd like to report a crime.