Gaming Baldur's Gate III by Larian Studios (PS5, PC, Mac, Xbox Series X|S)

Where do find these things? I doubt there will come a ng+ for this but it would be awesome if they could fit it in somehow. Im on 70 hours now and trying to decide whether to find every side quest or move on to the grand finale.
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3?tab=popular+(all+time)

Nexus Mods is likely the best place to get them from. I haven't tried any of them personally, and I think with all the frequent hotfixes to the game it is breaking some of the mods so just be wary of that if you decide to install any.
Surely that would just make the game insanely easy? Like playing on story mode.
Probably, yeah. But there are a huge variety of mods and people enjoy different challenges.

Surely that would just make the game insanely easy? Like playing on story mode.

One could always up the difficulty. Its more the feeling of lack of reward from completing side quests when you´ve maxed out. Or introduce optional lvl scaling.

Last edited:
The level cap was always going to be controversial, but upper level DND spells are basically god level powers and/or would be incredibly difficult to implement (Wish? :lol: :lol: ). My guess is that there is a massive DLC that ups it to 14 or 15.

I released the cute little pixie out of the lantern and her response was:
FINALLY! Been trapped in that coffin with no one but a mad drider and my own farts for company :lol:

been pissing about at the start of act3 for a few hours. It feels like some of the quality of depth is starting to drop - character interactions and appearances that make no sense or don’t reflect the choices I made. Eg a companion that I dismissed in act2 randomly showed back up at my camp - no introduction or chat, just as though they had been there the whole time.

also, apparently the companion I am trying to romance just doesn’t actually have a properly implemented romance beyond act 1. And she started talking to me about “how are we going to defeat x” when she in fact was the main one responsible for annihilating “x” in about 2 turns.

these are relatively minor things of course, and the overall game continues to be a blast - and it’s normal that the further you get into a game, the more the cracks can start to show in the polish.

I’ve already narrowed down my second playthrough to two main options, wonder which I will go for.

Well, my 2 hour refund window is over and I just got through character creation. Not concerned mind, I've been looking forward to this game for years.

Playing co-op with my better half. I've gone warlock and she's picked paladin. Should I be concerned that they both scale off of charisma? Are we going to be fighting over the same pieces of gear for the whole playthrough?

Out of curiosity, how many restarts did you all do? I must have played through DoS act 1 five times before I settled on a character I liked

Well, my 2 hour refund window is over and I just got through character creation. Not concerned mind, I've been looking forward to this game for years.

Playing co-op with my better half. I've gone warlock and she's picked paladin. Should I be concerned that they both scale off of charisma? Are we going to be fighting over the same pieces of gear for the whole playthrough?

Out of curiosity, how many restarts did you all do? I must have played through DoS act 1 five times before I settled on a character I liked
It’s kinda DnD cheating, but you can respec at you camp pretty early once you meet a certain NPC. Can’t change background (race, sex, backstory, etc.), but class and level ups are fair game.

I think I'm locked into a romance now with Shart/Shadowheart because we kissed at a party for some tree and bear shaggers, but now I've just met Karlach and... Well.... That party was a long time ago in my save so I guess I'm stuck with the relationship equivalent of basic sponge cake, when I could have had red velvet...

This is how I feel right now.

arrested-development-season1.gif

I think I'm locked into a romance now with Shart/Shadowheart because we kissed at a party for some tree and bear shaggers, but now I've just met Karlach and... Well.... That party was a long time ago in my save so I guess I'm stuck with the relationship equivalent of basic sponge cake, when I could have had red velvet...

Roll a charisma save for love triangle

Roll a charisma save for love triangle

Depends on the NPC. Some, if not most don't allow poly romance. So far only Halsin? is confirmed to be poly romanceable if I'm not wrong.
I also had to make a choice without any charisma roll option and I even play a charisma character as Warlock. Shadowheart ended our romance when I got together with Lae'zel.

My female Wizard litteraly had sex with the devil in hell. It just felt and looked really really wrong

I dont think your locked in. Either that or im going to get dumped by shadowheart imminently for fecking around.

The romancing seems very easy. I said, aww are you okay like twice and Shadowheart is inviting me for a quicky in the woods.

The romancing seems very easy. I said, aww are you okay like twice and Shadowheart is inviting me for a quicky in the woods.

The game differs between romancing and horny. You can have sex with all of them, but the real romance is limited to one companion most of the time.

25 hours in and I'm still chilling in Act1, I just saved
Halsin and he straight up murdered everyone in the goblin fortress where he was captured. No survivors. Playing as a Barbarian its just what you gotta do when chilling with a bear.He left the party, I walked out the door and entire city attacked me. I ran back in the door and teleported elsewhere.

Would people recommend this to someone who has generally bounced off similar games (Divinity and Pillars)?

I have to admit this looks very good; but it looks very system heavy and seems like unless you've played or play DnD it'll be very confusing for newcomers.

I've been looking for something to get my teeth into and this looks like it could be good for that, but my patience for obtuse systems are pretty much nonexistent nowadays so don't know whether this will be worth it.

Would people recommend this to someone who has generally bounced off similar games (Divinity and Pillars)?

I have to admit this looks very good; but it looks very system heavy and seems like unless you've played or play DnD it'll be very confusing for newcomers.

I've been looking for something to get my teeth into and this looks like it could be good for that, but my patience for obtuse systems are pretty much nonexistent nowadays so don't know whether this will be worth it.
It’s definitely more accessible because it has great cutscenes and a great story but the combat and exploration are essentially the same as Divinity 2 so if you didn’t enjoy that you might struggle with this.

It’s definitely more accessible because it has great cutscenes and a great story but the combat and exploration are essentially the same as Divinity 2 so if you didn’t enjoy that you might struggle with this.

I only tried the first Divinity. I can see that there's a great game under the surface but it's just too convoluted and obtuse so I inevitably make a mistake or lose track of what I'm doing and get bored and then give up.

Maybe I'll reinstall Divinity and give it another go because this one really has piqued my interest but I don't want to drop £50 to get frustrated after a few hours.

I only tried the first Divinity. I can see that there's a great game under the surface but it's just too convoluted and obtuse so I inevitably make a mistake or lose track of what I'm doing and get bored and then give up.

Maybe I'll reinstall Divinity and give it another go because this one really has piqued my interest but I don't want to drop £50 to get frustrated after a few hours.
Divinity 2 is much much much better than 1 though. I got bored midway through the first one as well and even 2 peaks in its first act.

Divinity 2 is much much much better than 1 though. I got bored midway through the first one as well and even 2 peaks in its first act.

I believe so, but naturally because I didn't really get into the first I never bothered with 2. I may grab it on Steam. I reckon I'll play it more on my deck.

I believe so, but naturally because I didn't really get into the first I never bothered with 2. I may grab it on Steam. I reckon I'll play it more on my deck.
If you don't like that either, you won't click with this one any better I'd say. It's quite similar, aside from the stricter adherence to dnd rules in this.

Oooof as Kirk said, the second game is much better than the first and far easier to get into. It’s one of my favourite games ever, but BG3 is superior in every way to even it so far.

I've been watching some clips of this, never played any of the other games or D&D. From the dialogue you get to choose checks, like deception or persuasion, and you then roll to see if you pass the check. Obviously your stats influence how good your rolls are, but is there a way of knowing how difficult the check itself is? It would be pretty relevant for my decision if the thing I'm attempting to do needs a 22 or a 10.

I've been watching some clips of this, never played any of the other games or D&D. From the dialogue you get to choose checks, like deception or persuasion, and you then roll to see if you pass the check. Obviously your stats influence how good your rolls are, but is there a way of knowing how difficult the check itself is? It would be pretty relevant for my decision if the thing I'm attempting to do needs a 22 or a 10.

Not till you start the check sadly. You only see the target after you choose the option, maybe you can cancel before the dice roll but I don't think so.

Not till you start the check sadly. You only see the target after you choose the option, maybe you can cancel before the dice roll but I don't think so.
No you can't cancel. Only way to check is by just quicksaving. Some people don't want to save scum though.

The level cap was always going to be controversial, but upper level DND spells are basically god level powers and/or would be incredibly difficult to implement (Wish? :lol: :lol: ). My guess is that there is a massive DLC that ups it to 14 or 15.
Oh feck, wish is in the game!

fecking got TPK'd by that githraki queen wishing me to end. Holy feck I love this game.

Question for those who bought this in steam.

If I buy the osx version, do I get to download the windows version for free or do I have to purchase it another time?

Question for those who bought this in steam.

If I buy the osx version, do I get to download the windows version for free or do I have to purchase it another time?
You should have access to both versions when you purchase it.

If you see the window and osx sign together in the purchase option you should be good to go.

Can you really not see what you need to roll before you click roll? That's annoying enough. Great game so far. Steep learning curve.

Just finished the game after 75 hours. I´d probably give it somewhere around 9-9,5/10. Im not so much into cutscenes, so the amount of cutscenes, turn based combat and dialouge slowed down the pace of a brilliant game a bit too wee much. It could use a pause button as well. Still I think it the best RPG that been released since TW3.

But also
I felt the game could have done with more acts. The main story felt rushed in act 3

Last edited:
I've had this installed for a week and still haven't got passed the character creation :lol:

I think I've settled for going with a Warlock, but overwhelmed with the options on how to build them. I love deep RPG customisation and dig the complexity of the 5e DnD rules, but its driving my indecisiveness mad.

Ok so I settled on a Warlock and got through the prologue(?) bit with the squid alien ship and just pissing about in the first area.

The game is harder than I expected, even for the default difficulty which I'm playing on. The DnD rules and multitude of systems within the game are a little overwhelming though.

I restarted as a huge 2handed sword wielding meathead. I will do a more creative playthrough once I get the hang of it.

Question: does this game need a constant internet connection like D4? Going on a trip and wondering if i should pick this up to play on the road.
Only if steam does to launch, which I don’t think it does. As @caid said, Larian doesn’t do shenanigans (although the launcher is a strange inclusion).

Only if steam does to launch, which I don’t think it does. As @caid said, Larian doesn’t do shenanigans (although the launcher is a strange inclusion).
launcher would be my very little shenanigan. Its probably a good way to sell the diviniy games to d&d players.