Arsenal vs Manchester United (Sun 28th July, 01:00 UK time)

So Havertz is back for Arsenal, alongside plenty of other internationals but Bruno and Dalot for example are not back..

Absolute must win game. Why? Because I stayed up, that's why.

So Havertz is back for Arsenal, alongside plenty of other internationals but Bruno and Dalot for example are not back..
Yeah I was just seeing in the friendlies that happened today that a lot of Euro internationals are back at their clubs.

Some of it is about when teams went out it of tournaments but Portugal and Germany went out the same time so that doesn’t explain it. Maybe because we finished our season later than Arsenal with the cup final the players were due more holiday.

Yeah the thing Bruno really needs is more games....

Our players finished a week later due to the cup final

Maybe because Bruno played 369 games last season and Dalot ran about. While Havertz started playing in March/April

And Havertz played every game at the Euros and Dalot barely played. So? But okay, I can take another example then, why arent Zirkzee here? Or Bayindir? Did they also play a lot of football?

I know tour games are mostly for commercial purposes, and not even necessarily good for preparation, considering long travel, but it really helps bridge the wait for the new season to begin :)

Meaningless or not, it would have been too long of a break without these matches.

We start our season a week before Arsenal do. Why aren't our players back?
Who? Less than 2 weeks since the Euro final was. 3 weeks since the quarters.

According to PL and Football League contract rules players have the right to 5 weeks off. Part of that is during the season but usually a chunk is during the summer.

Players playing in a summer tournament rarely are back in July.

And Havertz played every game at the Euros and Dalot barely played. So? But okay, I can take another example then, why arent Zirkzee here? Or Bayindir? Did they also play a lot of football?
Any excuse for good auld whinge eh? Feck sake :rolleyes: