Arsenal vs Manchester United (Sun 28th July, 01:00 UK time)

Im pretty sure I read somewhere in the Tour Thread that Zirkzee and Co. wont fly to the US at all.

Only three new Liverpool-players will join the squad - Jota, Konate and Gravenberch...Robertson is in the US but he wont play any matches due to an injury apparently. Jones got injured last night but Liverpool hope it was nothing too serious.

For us - this could be our squad for the second half - and that is a lot stronger (on paper at least) than Liverpool or Arsenal can field
André Onana – Harry Amass, Will Fish, Jonny Evans, Sam Murray – Toby Collyer, Christian Eriksen, Scott McTominay – Antony, Hannibal - Wheatley

So the strongest side Liverpool can field will be:
Caoimhin Kelleher, Conor Bradley, Jarell Quansah, Ibrahima Konate, Kostas Tsimikas, Wataru Endo, Ryan Gravenberch, Harvey Elliott, Diogo Jota, Dominik Szoboszlai, Mohamed Salah.

Arsenal are without Rice, Saka, Saliba, Raya, Ramsdale, Tierney, Tomiyasu - in addition Havertz, Gabriel and Martinelli will join their squad just days before the game against us, so they are unlikely to feature in that game.

Thanks. :+1:

Only three new Liverpool-players will join the squad - Jota, Konate and Gravenberch...Robertson is in the US but he wont play any matches due to an injury apparently. Jones got injured last night but Liverpool hope it was nothing too serious.

For us - this could be our squad for the second half - and that is a lot stronger (on paper at least) than Liverpool or Arsenal can field
André Onana – Harry Amass, Will Fish, Jonny Evans, Sam Murray – Toby Collyer, Christian Eriksen, Scott McTominay – Antony, Hannibal - Wheatley

So the strongest side Liverpool can field will be:
Caoimhin Kelleher, Conor Bradley, Jarell Quansah, Ibrahima Konate, Kostas Tsimikas, Wataru Endo, Ryan Gravenberch, Harvey Elliott, Diogo Jota, Dominik Szoboszlai, Mohamed Salah.

Arsenal are without Rice, Saka, Saliba, Raya, Ramsdale, Tierney, Tomiyasu - in addition Havertz, Gabriel and Martinelli will join their squad just days before the game against us, so they are unlikely to feature in that game.
Pool's first team look stronger than ours. Hard to tell about the second team. We are a mid table team this season.

Because nobody takes pre-season more seriously than arsenal.
The irony of posting this here when in this thread people were agreeing with a guy about wanting to smash us

Did you see our team against Bournemouth? It was a C team.

Now that the new season is weeks away it's ideal for the teams to get fitness back.

The irony of posting this here when in this thread people were agreeing with a guy about wanting to smash us

Did you see our team against Bournemouth? It was a C team.

Now that the new season is weeks away it's ideal for the teams to get fitness back.

I was only having a subtle dig about Arsenal's proud tradition of winning pre season tournaments.

SoFi stadium looks nice but how in the actual feck do you spend $5.5bn on a Stadium? That's the cost of 3 Wembley's even adjusted for inflation :lol:

I assume Arsenal will line up like this:

Setford - Zinchenko, Timber, Kiwior, White - Partey, Jorginho, Ødegaard - Trossard, Jesus, Nketiah

On paper we have a stronger squad on this trip than Arsenal and especially Liverpool - both Arsenal and Liverpool have a decent first-11 but with only youth players behind those
Who the feck is Setford?

Pool's first team look stronger than ours. Hard to tell about the second team. We are a mid table team this season.

Not sure I agree with that

Onana - Lindelöf, Yoro, Maguire and AWB is at least not weaker than Liverpools back-5 of Caoimhin Kelleher, Conor Bradley, Jarell Quansah, Ibrahima Konate, Kostas Tsimikas,
Casemiro, Mount, Amad, Sancho, Højlund and Rashford on paper isn't weaker than Wataru Endo, Ryan Gravenberch, Harvey Elliott, Diogo Jota, Dominik Szoboszlai, Mohamed Salah.

And if that is the side Liverpool use - they will have Phillips, Jones (if he is fit), Carvalho and Bajcetic + a lot of youngsters on the bench

We will have McTominay, Eriksen, Evans, Antony, Hannibal, Fish, Collyer - no guarantees that they perform, but on paper the bench looks a lot stronger

Annoys me when they go on tour and play English teams.

I want to see games against "big" teams we dont regularly play.... Psg, Dortmund, inter etc etc

I want to see games against "big" teams we dont regularly play.... Psg, Dortmund, inter etc etc
I’m more concerned as to why we never seem to play cannon fodder and just get the confidence up ala Bayern banging in the likes of 14-25 goals against nobodies. Then closer to the league starting throw in some competition.

Playing your rivals in pre season to me just seems stupid, but then premier league marketing, interest and money I suppose.

Actually we’d probably manage to make playing against cannon fodder look difficult based on performances over the last few years.

I assume the reason is that Americans really aren't as in to PSG, Dortmund or Inter as they are Premier League teams.

Think they’ll have the stronger squad. I’m expecting a decent first half from us with the bigger players playing.

Ye it’s probably more for American teams to watch 2 big prem teams playing each other. I like it when we play Madrid in America. They’re always big games with big turnouts.

SoFi stadium looks nice but how in the actual feck do you spend $5.5bn on a Stadium? That's the cost of 3 Wembley's even adjusted for inflation :lol:

I've been, it's quite believable when you see it in person.

Man Utd official twitter is causing some confusion. Posting videos of Sancho scoring with the caption "Jadon on the scoresheet in the US" as if the game has already started with #MUTour24 etc

Do Arsenal still have that shambles of a pre-season Cup hosted at the Emirates so they can chalk up a couple of piss easy wins to lift the morale before season beginning?

Man Utd official twitter is causing some confusion. Posting videos of Sancho scoring with the caption "Jadon on the scoresheet in the US" as if the game has already started with #MUTour24 etc

Wasn’t that the same game that ruined Mainoo debut season?

Really hope Collyer starts again. Lads a decent prospect. Front 4 of Amad, Mount, Sancho and Hojlund. Mount dropping back if needed to create the extra man in the middle as Amad likes to drift inside. The right back can offer the width. Be good to see Yoro again too

TBF Wembley is kind of a dump and this stadium is stunning.

How is Wembley a dump? It is 17yrs old now so had some wear and tear but it still seems a very modern and mostly clean stadium.

I imagine a big part of the SoFi cost is land value in LA and the fact it hosted two NFL teams and was part of a wider entertainment district. It’s not just a stadium.

How is Wembley a dump? It is 17yrs old now so had some wear and tear but it still seems a very modern and mostly clean stadium.

I imagine a big part of the SoFi cost is land value in LA and the fact it hosted two NFL teams and was part of a wider entertainment district. It’s not just a stadium.
Of course Wembley isn’t a dump. Bizarre way to describe it.

I hate the way it looks, I went to the 06 07 FA Cup final and felt it looked 10 years older than the Emirates did already.

And yes buying land in LA, especially that amount is probably quite a lot more than even London.

It's also just so, so much nicer. I genuinely love how it looks.

Of course Wembley isn’t a dump. Bizarre way to describe it.
Depends if we're just talking about the way the stadium looks or the way they treat the fans when they're in there. The concourses are a dump. I've been to a few stadiums in the UK and Wembley is by far my least favourite.

Don't they normally announce the team news quite early for these things? Like well before the "hour before kick off" stuff?

They are The Scouers Of The South.
90% of Liverpool fans I meet in the flesh are lovely people. Met loads of top Arsenal fans too. If you’re on about the nutcases online or the odd few weirdos, I don’t think it represents the majority of their fanbases fairly

Rumours on Twitter that Collyer and Amass both start.
The way Ten Hag singled out Collyer to speak to after the cup win (like he did Mainoo the year before in the league cup) and his faith in him so far this pre season, I get the feeling that he’s going to be given a real shot this season