Arsenal vs Manchester United (Sun 28th July, 01:00 UK time)

Maybe it is just late and my stream quality is poor but Maquire looks like a giant, like he has grown 6 inches

Collyer is a weird one - what he is doing well at this level - he has never done for the reserves. Now he looks like a proper player
Some players do perform much better playing with better players. Especially true for players who do the basics well.

Amad and Mount very good - best on ground.
Rashford - fine
Maguire - Oil Tanker
Rasmus - good start
Case - Please for the love of god Saudis, well take $1.50 just take that wage bill off us.
Everyone else - Pre season "meh"

fecking miserable. I don't care about the match but Hojlund and Yoro being hurt is not worth it.

Luckily Hojlund looked very much like a precaution. Yoro looked worried but hopefully because he's a young lad and knows he's just signed.

As far as enjoying watching the rest of the match sticking an attacker up front might be an idea.

Some good stuff but need to learn when to put our foot on the ball and calm it down at times.

Offside as feck for their goal and Arsenal need to calm down the horrible turds. Taking the piss the challenges they are putting in since the first one early doors on Mount.

Hopefully Yoro not too bad and Hojlund just precautionary. Please lord.

Last edited:
Decent half but injuries are a big blow. Hope neither is too serious. Collyer stood out for me. A lot of good interceptions. Passing wasn't always perfect but he was willing to take some risks. Amass also did some very good stuff on the ball though he did have a couple of questionable moments defensively. Both the young lads took their chance which is good to see. Rashford's looked better, very good assist. Hojlund was doing well and we've become a lot worse since he went off. Mount did some good stuff, certainly his best position. The rest was pretty standard.

Collyer is a weird one - what he is doing well at this level - he has never done for the reserves. Now he looks like a proper player
Came here to say exactly this. Maybe he showed all this in the non televised games? Cause I sure as hell didn't see him doing much in the televised games I've watched. :lol:

Think Amass has looked great, we’ve been a but lost since Hojlund came off, just think we should of just put Sancho on and left Rashford up top.

He looks really good. Good on the ball too. Plus, he is an absolute unit.

What am I missing, Jesus looked a yard offsides on the replay but the commentators are blaming amass???

Collyer is also a Premier League player. Whether it is with us or any top 10 side I'm not sure but sometimes promising Utd youth team players end up in league 1 and sometimes they end up in Premier League, he will end up in Premier League whoever it is with.

Can often happen with the step up in level. Physical attributes become much more important. Scott McTominay similarly never looked particularly good at youth level.

Not watching the second half.

It'll be Odegaard and Jesus reenacting JFK's shooting every couple of minutes followed by moaning and histrionics. They'll probably draw the game with us, then win the penalties and celebrate like their goal wasn't yards offside.

Ugh. And people wonder why fans just couldn't find the energy to want Arsenal to pip City to the title. That's how insufferable they are.

Amad and Mount very good - best on ground.
Rashford - fine
Maguire - Oil Tanker
Rasmus - good start
Case - Please for the love of god Saudis, well take $1.50 just take that wage bill off us.
Everyone else - Pre season "meh"
I will take a free transfer just to get rid of him and his wages. If he's still here the manager picks him

Still seems to be limited focus on building in periods of controlled possession. Very direct and transition based again.

A good start to passing and attack, mostly Hojlund's goal and then when he came off the move where Collyer won the ball at the back and then Amass did some pass and move football down the left, then into Mejbri, Rashford and then iirc Amad came inside and shot centrally. But after a few good pieces of play like that where we were threatening to have a good half we conceded and had a very average half. The passing and attacking has been quite poor after that. Amad especially looks off it. Hannibal being Hojlund's replacement is a bit strange but he did have 2 or 3 good pieces of play in attacking moves so I don't think he's been the main problem with it.

Casemiro has been particularly dissappointing. I've defended him a lot but he hasnt started this game like hes going to be someone we can count on this season. His passing has been too loose

Think Collyer has been better than the previous matches overall where I wasnt impressed, although also guilty like Casemiro and the rest of some wayward and under par passing. But he isnt giving away as many fouls, winning the ball better this time and he had that good run forward. He didnt really look like he was going to take it much further and get a good shot away or create something but bringing the ball forward in the first place was good and he just needed to find a safe pass from there so hopefully he'll improve on that.

What am I missing, Jesus looked a yard offsides on the replay but the commentators are blaming amass???
He is off. Pass was played ahead of Jesus, it's not like he was in line with the guy who played the pass. US commentators don't know shit.

US - shit pitches, clueless refs, dead crowds. Why we even bother?
tumblr_o78ejcUd9Q1sktu9po1_540.gif

Okay Yoro one looks bit serious.. Man this is so disappointing

I like what I'm seeing from individuals. Amad and Mount look ready to contribute heavily to our season. Collyer and Amass look like they can come into the first team as options.

In regard to the shape, we've gone back to what we used in the first season defensively. I would sign a midfielder and a back up right back. If we can sign a left back and see how Malacia fares, I actually think there's an opportunity to convert Shaw to a centre back as a solid option to back up Martinez.

I really believe Amad is going to be a really dangerous figure for us this season, and with growth from Hojlund and Garnacho and the rotation option of Zirkzee, we will be far less limited offensively this term than we were last season. I also think Mount should present an option on the flanks if needed, so I think we will have to trust our youth development up to top and hope Antony stays fit enough to be used as a back up and for cup games.

If we keep casemiro and sign a midfielder, we would have good depth in midfield, as Mainoo will obviously start and Casemiro will reduce the amount of games we need from him. Collyer looks really promising and game time could allow him to become a solid option for us moving forward. I don't think we should loan him out. He has a good presence about him, even in his touch and composure that I never saw from Mejbri or other past youth prospects from midfield outside of Mainoo.