Arsenal - 2024/25

Sorry Pat just can’t see how you can say that Arsenal were the better team when 11v11 . Doku did kick the ball after the whistle but clearly the ref wanted the ball further back and it was close to the Trossard second yellow.

Did Trossard delay Cities ability to take the free kick? Yes without doubt. Did Doku? I think the fact that he played the ball in the direction of where the kick had to be taken from.

Arsenal were excellent defensively in the second half but for me that was more to do with Cities insistence of trying to penetrate that defence in a narrow % of the width of the pitch and even then the times the ball went through Kovacic who as we know may score the odd goal or assist now and then but creativity isn’t close to one of his strength

City dominated the early exchanges but from Haaland’s goal until HT, Arsenal were the better team imo, and well worth the lead. They defended better and attacked better. They couldn’t control the midfield, so City dominated possession but Arsenal’s game plan and execution was pretty much perfection until the sending off.

Re; Doku. I’ve seen the suggestion that he was kicking it back to where the ref wanted it taken from, and if that’s the case then fair enough. I haven’t seen any highlights of the game or any clips of the contentious incidents, so if that’s true, then fairs. I’m on record that I think Trossard’s red was fair enough, it’s the inconsistencies in applying this rule that infuriates me.

It’s easier said than done breaking down a parked bus intent on not even pretending to offer an attacking threat, especially against a team as good as Arsenal, so I don’t actually hold City’s struggles against 10 men against them.

City dominated the early exchanges but from Haaland’s goal until HT, Arsenal were the better team imo, and well worth the lead. They defended better and attacked better. They couldn’t control the midfield, so City dominated possession but Arsenal’s game plan and execution was pretty much perfection until the sending off.

Re; Doku. I’ve seen the suggestion that he was kicking it back to where the ref wanted it taken from, and if that’s the case then fair enough. I haven’t seen any highlights of the game or any clips of the contentious incidents, so if that’s true, then fairs. I’m on record that I think Trossard’s red was fair enough, it’s the inconsistencies in applying this rule that infuriates me.

It’s easier said than done breaking down a parked bus intent on not even pretending to offer an attacking threat, especially against a team as good as Arsenal, so I don’t actually hold City’s struggles against 10 men against them.

They weren’t the better team they had like 22% possession before the sending off, they had come with the plan to sit back and hit on the counter but City were playing the better football.

They have to win it. If they don't do it this year as well, major questions have to be asked.

Anyone feel it is Arsenal's deliberate tactics to injure opponents' players (instead of just rash challenges)? didn't we always have players injured playing against arsenal?

It is very scummy from them

Depends on the silverware. I've personally enjoyed the past few seasons a lot more than the seasons we won all those FA cups.
Despite how disappointing 2018/19 and 21/22 were with missing out on the title on the last day, we still ended those seasons with something to show (CL in 2019 and a domestic cup double in 2022).

I think Arteta could do with winning something this season, even if it’s not the league. It might be. You’re the best placed to take it if City have a bad year. But ending with nothing for a third year in a row with a side as good as that is going to sting.

Seeing our old ESR performing well at Fulham and Nelson chipping in...did we do the right thing letting them go, when we have few options left ourselves? I still think it was the right move but I really would have preferred to see ESR start over Trossard right niw...covering for Odegaard. Or is the real mistake that we did not get anyone?

What if you dont win it?
The questions asked change depending on how good you are and what your chances are. If we kept failing to win titles between 06-13 the same questions would be asked. Or if Klopp was entering the 7th year at Liverpool without a major trophy.

We are recovering from the Glazers and Woodward era. You have your best team in two decades.

For what it’s worth (nothing), I do think Arsenal will win the league this year and I hope it happens. Along with the cheats being stripped of all their titles.

Rodri out for the whole season. Finally for arsenal to win EPL ?
They’ll probably cope without him. If Haaland picks up an injury then that’s a different story. Feel like he scores 90% of their goals.

They weren’t the better team they had like 22% possession before the sending off, they had come with the plan to sit back and hit on the counter but City were playing the better football.

We had 22% possession for the whole game. 12.5% of that was for the 2nd half, so I'm not sure where you got your numbers that we had only 22% possession until the sending off?

Like @WeePat said, City dominated the opening exchanges, however there was a spell in that half where the numbers were actually reversed where we came into it. City ended the half with more possession, but we had same amount of shots, and same amount of xG at half time.

Last edited:
Anyone feel it is Arsenal's deliberate tactics to injure opponents' players (instead of just rash challenges)? didn't we always have players injured playing against arsenal?

It is very scummy from them
We must practice voodoo or something, because it's the first time I've heard of deliberately trying to injure players by barely touching them! :lol:

We must practice voodoo or something, because it's the first time I've heard of deliberately trying to injure players by barely touching them! :lol:

it is not just about Rodri, but your overall playstyle.

I still remember in the pre-season your players flied all over the pitch trying to injure our players, knowing that it was a pre-season and it was okay to get booked or even a red.

Just admit a blade being called blade, your team under Arteta practices dirty tactics. We do admit we played dirty in that 2005 game which broke your 49 games run. now it is your turn

They’ll probably cope without him. If Haaland picks up an injury then that’s a different story. Feel like he scores 90% of their goals.

Certainly what it feels like for sure. His 27 PL goals last season 'only' represented 28% of their 96 league goals

I'll address this here even though I know certain people bait Arsenal fans.

City paid illegal, brown envelop payments to get top managers eg Mancini or top players who otherwise wouldn't come.

Arteta was neither. I don't remember him being the second coming of SAF for City to pay anything insane to get him. Nor were any players signed by him.

If his name comes up and it's proven by all means chuck the book at him. But even reasonable posts and you get baiting via nonsensical points like the above. Which is to be expected I suppose.

I'm a match going fan for nearly 25 years with my old man and family. I've heard for countless years how we are soft, easily bullied, play useless pretty football and in the end only points matter. But now when we win ugly it counts against us. And even this is false. All our away wins last win were by excellent football. Many we won by 4 5 6 nil. Average of 3 goals last 12 away games with no loss also kind of says that.

United and us have an old rivalry. However I'd pick United to win every title in sight over any plastic club. Always preferred United over Chelsea. So it's baffling that the biggest cheerleaders of City outside blue moon are United fans. They won't have any title stripped off them. In 20 years noone will remember how they won it when they overtake us, Liverpool and your haul.

Hauls which were legitimately won.

Also people tragically confuse me with ArtetaInn who calls people melts. We are not the same poster. I just made a funny username that's all. When it was Wenger I used to do the same. Nor is Arteta my idol. I was his biggest critic. Ofcourse I look foolish now

Cheating cnuts. Glad it came back on them

]1838490846070477294[
Irony of calling us cheats while we play against the biggest cheats in the history of our sport. Who have cost not only us but United and Liverpool actual trophies and titles.

Absolutely love it giving it back to them when they think they're entitled to every win, when every single game they get away with bookings. Kovacic last year twice. Love getting under their skin.

And ironically every other fan is laughing at City's crying when they have been doing the same for years (on top of actual cheating). The only other fans who are mourning our tactics are bizarrely United fans. It's utterly bizarre. The biggest City supporters outside City groups are some United fans. I suppose this is what City fans refer to as "one city"

You browse around this forum and yeah its a minority who defend City as most here understand how plastic City is and how insulting it is them trying to buy heritage. Except I suppose fans like you.

@IrishRedDevil yes. We are the only team across Europe which waste time when we are leading. Everyone just gets on with it.

Everything aside yes we do need to tone it a dial down as we can't pay off refs like City and soon we will be getting penalised. To add I don't think the insane slowing down the game we saw against City we will do against anyone else.

As it was the first time in more than a dozen away games where we actually didn't lead after the first goal.

Last edited:
Irony of calling us cheats while we play against the biggest cheats in the history of our sport. Who have cost not only us but United and Liverpool actual trophies and titles.

Absolutely love it giving it back to them when they think they're entitled to every win, when every single game they get away with bookings. Kovacic last year twice. Love getting under their skin.

And ironically every other fan is laughing at City's crying when they have been doing the same for years (on top of actual cheating). The only other fans who are mourning our tactics are bizarrely United fans. It's utterly bizarre. The biggest City supporters outside City groups are some United fans. I suppose this is what City fans refer to as "one city"

You browse around this forum and yeah its a minority who defend City as most here understand how plastic City is and how insulting it is them trying to buy heritage. Except I suppose fans like you.

@IrishRedDevil yes. We are the only team across Europe which waste time when we are leading. Everyone just gets on with it.

Everything aside yes we do need to tone it a dial down as we can't pay off refs like City and soon we will be getting penalised. To add I don't think the insane slowing down the game we saw against City we will do against anyone else.

As it was the first time in more than a dozen away games where we actually didn't lead after the first goal.

City are serial cheats, everyone knows it, and its hopefully being dealt with through the courts with punishment to follow.

Arsenal and Arteta acting innocent, with the 'holier than thou' attitude , will not be ignored.

Nice whatsboutism

You are still cheats regardless of what City do or have done.

Everyone I know is going for City over Arsenal.

Which is hilarious, when you think about it.

City, buying the league, destroying football, huge rivals of us for years, arguably destroying any semblance of romance left with the game of football....but still, Arsenal have so many cnuts that people dislike them more somehow :lol:

:lol: everyone knows City are cheats. Bringing it up 24/7 is boring and is now becoming used as a way to avoid discussion points because the easy response is to just say "well they cheated so...".

It's completely irrelevant to the point being made.

City, buying the league, destroying football, huge rivals of us for years, arguably destroying any semblance of romance left with the game of football....but still, Arsenal have so many cnuts that people dislike them more somehow :lol:
Yup, it's incredible really that Arsenal are such gimps that they could make you want City to beat them in the heat of the moment.

Their manager was birthed in city's football destroying environment. He's taking Arsenal down with him.

You can hold both opinions - that City are cheats and Arsenal are the master of the dark arts/time wasting and general shithousery. It's not one or the other, and there's no need for you to go on this massive whataboutism rant.

What is it United fans say? Hated, adored, never ignored?

As long as Liverpool don't win the league, then I don't particularly care who else does with United out of contention. Definitely would have preferred Arsenal over city before sitting through that nonsense at the weekend though.

:lol: everyone knows City are cheats. Bringing it up 24/7 is boring and is now becoming used as a way to avoid discussion points because the easy response is to just say "well they cheated so...".

It's completely irrelevant to the point being made.

I suppose being a Toffee and seeing your club penalised for breaking the rules makes you more sympathetic to other delinquents?