Arsenal - 2024/25

Only Odegaard? Not too bad then and disastrous is a bit of an over reaction, surely you can replace one player?

Calafiori picked up a bit of a freak injury as well. Think the worry is going into an away derby game without any of what most see as our first choice midfield of Rice - Merino - Odegaard, with the latter 2 most likely missing City away as well, 2 of our biggest games of the season.

However, i totally agree, we did well with injuries last season, we just need to suck it up and see and get on with it, still plenty of experienced options, Partey, Jorginho, Zinchenko, Havertz, Trossard and then we have the young guy Nwaneri.

A different reading of the situation is that many Arsenal fans weren't happy with the transfer window, many thought we were leaving ourselves short, especially after selling Smith-Rowe and letting Vieira go on loan, so this injury just compounds that feeling those guys had that we didn't do enough and left ourselves a bit short.

Last edited:
I think given that Arteta has spent £680m since taking over five years ago, he should have most bases covered.

Ugh...hope it's a sprain, looked like a surgery one. We also lost Calafiori. Losing players to injuries is part of the game, but losing them to silly internationals is very annoying.

Skysports are saying he was hobbling on crutches today as he’s making his way back to London. Norway coach said it looked very bad in the dressing room but the Norway team doctor said it looks like it’s a sprain, but further scans needed. People are saying he left the game in tears.

It seems almost certain that he’ll miss the NLD. Hopefully it’s just few weeks out rather than months.

The manager saying it looks like a bad one, the doctor saying its a sprain, Odegaards reaction and being on crutches and a boot indicates that one of the 2 Norway staff is wrong.

The player who tackled him apologising would indicate to me they know its a bad one as well.

Sweeping statement time, I reckon Arsenal end up with zero points from the NLD and City game and it costs them the league.

Arsenal shut up shop pretty well against city last season away from home and Rice will be back for that.
NLD does look like more of a worry but it is spurs after all…….

We got lucky with injuries last season but that was definitely an anomaly and never bound to last. Injuries to key players is Arsenal Heritage.

If Odegaard is out for any decent length of time I think non-Arsenal fans will realise how important he actually is to our play. We may still grind out wins but it won't be pretty

Last 11 away games, 10 wins, 1 draw, 9 clean sheets.

Though this will end at City next week. Even with Rice back without Odegard it will be a big loss.

Very lucky to get results at Villa and here, down to the other team to take their chances and they didn't but Arsenal are riding their luck.
I only saw the last 30 mins, but thought Arsenal defended very well, and of course are again great on set pieces (attacking and defending)

Swear you are more like a Mourinho team than ever, that isn’t an insult!
Don't think its true at all mate. Last year against Spurs away we were good, the year before we battered them in the first half and the entire game barring one Spurs chance was one sided. Against Villa last year could have won, this year was very tight but again ended up with 62% of the ball. Otherwise we battered a few teams 4, 5, 6 nil away from home towards the end of the season.

Only teams we can't control away from home are City and Liverpool and I think Arteta respects Utd as well at OT with the counter attack threat hence why we bored everyone to death against Utd last away game.

City are winning the league, not much point being excited is there?
At least the table looks more like what'll happen at the end of the season. Arsenal have no hope with Haaland in this sort of form. Plus for a second there, the media expected a title charge by the scousers. Looks like that's died with a whimper.

Very lucky to get results at Villa and here, down to the other team to take their chances and they didn't but Arsenal are riding their luck.
Last year we missed a host of chances against Villa but lost.

And what do you mean lucky today? We were missing our entire midfield and still had the better half chances. I can't remember Raya ever making a real threating save. And had Martinelli passed Saka for a clear tap in we'd scored way earlier as well.

Our last 11 away games have 9 clean sheets, 10 wins. Its not luck at all.

Will they win silverware this season? That's the main question, because win % is pointless without. Outside of obtaining CL football.

Will they win silverware this season? That's the main question, because win % is pointless without. Outside of obtaining CL football.
Need City to be docked points, rightfully so. Because without their cheating and corruption we could have been winning our third title.

Timber is such a beast at LB. No idea how calafiori even gets into the first 11 without an injury.

City are clear favorites but any type of 2 month or longer injury to halaand and I think that would seriously hurt them. Alvarez is gone and they really don’t have another true goal scorer

And what do you mean lucky today? We were missing our entire midfield and still had the better half chances. I can't remember Raya ever making a real threating save. And had Martinelli passed Saka for a clear tap in we'd scored way earlier as well.

Can't talk about midfield battles when Spurs only played one in Bentancur. Their 4-1-5 system is wildin' :lol:

Timber is such a beast at LB. No idea how calafiori even gets into the first 11 without an injury.

City are clear favorites but any type of 2 month or longer injury to halaand and I think that would seriously hurt them. Alvarez is gone and they really don’t have another true goal scorer

Except most of the team that scored 100+ league goals before those 2 even signed for City?

Good professional win today. Some issues in midfield but our defense was impressive. Tough stretch to lose Odegaard on but hopefully someone picks up the slack. Not sure I care for Trossard to be the one, but there is a lack of options.

They have the best defence in the league, without a shadow of a doubt. But everything else about them is overrated and they will never will anything this season again as usual.

That was a very good win. They are boring to watch but they know how to get the job done. A draw or.loss would have dented their confidence.

You were missing Odegaard through injury and Rice through suspension. 7 years of investments means you should be able to cope with 2 people out. Spurs didn’t take advantage when they were on top, not as clear cut lucky as the Villa game though. You scored through a GK error on the set piece. Definitely feels you are winning games but not playing well. Will see how you get on against City.

Calafiori is get games either at LB (mostly) or even LCB. And if he takes his chances then he will be in out best 11 as he is not just competing against Timber but he is competing against Gabriel/Timber and White.

You were missing Odegaard through injury and Rice through suspension. 7 years of investments means you should be able to cope with 2 people out. Spurs didn’t take advantage when they were on top, not as clear cut lucky as the Villa game though. You scored through a GK error on the set piece. Definitely feels you are winning games but not playing well. Will see how you get on against City.

We were also missing Merino who is our next choice midfielder. And then Calafiori, Zinchenko, Tomiyasu (and Tierney), so had limited defensive options too. We have 5 academy players on the bench.

Whose more boring - Arsenal, City or United? I’d probably say Arsenal.

Spurs really didn't create a whole lot...some half moments, but overall our defense held things together very well.
Whose more boring - Arsenal, City or United? I’d probably say Arsenal.
Well, I am still not sure what type of style Man Utd is playing after full seasons of EtH.

We are quite similar to City in terms of entertainment I would think.

We were also missing Merino who is our next choice midfielder. And then Calafiori, Zinchenko, Tomiyasu (and Tierney), so had limited defensive options too. We have 5 academy players on the bench.
Merino hasn’t even played a game! Your first choice midfield seems to be Rice, Partey and Odegaard. The rest are all squad players or backups. You had 3 of your first choice defenders and first choice attackers.

Merino hasn’t even played a game! Your first choice midfield seems to be Rice, Partey and Odegaard. The rest are all squad players or backups. You had your first choice centre backs.
I suspect Merino will take Partey's place in the team long term. I want to see some more Nwaneri cameos. That boy looks like the real deal. Very mature for his age.

Merino hasn’t even played a game! Your first choice midfield seems to be Rice, Partey and Odegaard. The rest are all squad players or backups. You had 3 of your first choice defenders and first choice attackers.

Yes because he's been injured. You said we've spent money so 2 injuries shouldn't derail us. Well we spent money on Merino.. who is injured, so that's another player.

Yes because he's been injured. You said we've spent money so 2 injuries shouldn't derail us. Well we spent money on Merino.. who is injured, so that's another player.
You can’t suddenly argue Merino is a first team player when he hasn’t even played a game! As said above, he may well eventually take over Partey but to suddenly cry foul when a player who hasn’t even played a game is missing is confusing.

What about the other trophies?
Another FA Cup would be nice but this new CL format will be interesting; I think we should get at least top5/6 and after that it's the usual suspects: Real Bayern City Barca and maybe PSG are a really tough ask but not impossible.

Another FA Cup would be nice but this new CL format will be interesting; I think we should get at least top5/6 and after that it's the usual suspects: Real Bayern City Barca and maybe PSG are a really tough ask but not impossible.

Can’t even win the premier league but yet you think you’ve got a chance winning the champions league? Right…

You can’t suddenly argue Merino is a first team player when he hasn’t even played a game! As said above, he may well eventually take over Partey but to suddenly cry foul when a player who hasn’t even played a game is missing is confusing.

He's obviously a first team player, unless you mean starting XI player? In which case no not yet (although he will be obviously). He's depth though.. since when does it matter if only your starting XI are out injured? Bizzare..