Arsenal - 2024/25

Toney, Coman, Garcia in and baby we've got a stew going. I wouldn't touch Sterling with a ten foot pole.

I'd be more in the Sterling camp than the Coman camp, purely because we already have 1 injury prone forward in Jesus. With Coman, the worry is he becomes the attacking version of Tomiyasu. Think you can take that gamble if you don't have another injury prone forward, but with Jesus, we need someone with good availability.

All this is assuming we only sign 1 attacker today.

Neto as back up seems to be gathering pace. Garcia, I waa questioning a bit, unless we are not sure about Raya. Seemed to be a lot dor a backup. But if he is expected to be that good, I would be for it.

It's funny to see us go for another Chelsea excess. But they don't have a clue what they are doing it seems lately. If Sterling can contribute by playing in 20 odd games, it will serve a purpose. Not sure what Chelsea will cover off his wages...they should pay 50% of it at this point I would think or near that. I presume this is a loan... maybe a poor presumption.

He's one of our best finds, no way he's going anywhere. He's having a dip in form that's all which can happen as last season his injury record was patchy.
I still believe in Martinelli as well, but we get the feeling this is a make or break season for him . Could see Trossard visually upset coming off the bench, and he may have a point.

Crazy bad luck but thankfully it’s the international break after this weekend. Maybe he only misses another match after that

Fracture sounds like two to three months. Well at least we have Partey... as of today...dunno tomorrow. Is Jorginho ready to go?

Fracture sounds like two to three months. Well at least we have Partey... as of today...dunno tomorrow. Is Jorginho ready to go?
Havertz could obviously move into the 6 spot if Partey gets hurt. So could trossard, who I actually thought was very good at it last season. And I wouldn't be surprised if Timber is an option there too.

Havertz could obviously move into the 6 spot if Partey gets hurt. So could trossard, who I actually thought was very good at it last season. And I wouldn't be surprised if Timber is an option there too.

Don't fancy Havertz or Trossard at DM tbh

Looks like it's not just us who injury new players. Merino is out for a few weeks after suffering a small shoulder fracture during his first training session with arsenal :lol:

Very unlucky for Merino but at least the international break is well-timed. Not convinced by Sterling at all but 40/45% of his wages + no loan fee + no obligation to buy is the best we could hope for.
Just need him to do well enough to help out covering for both wings and then go back to Chelsea as a 30yold on 300k pw while we find a better option.

Very unlucky for Merino but at least the international break is well-timed. Not convinced by Sterling at all but 40/45% of his wages + no loan fee + no obligation to buy is the best we could hope for.
Just need him to do well enough to help out covering for both wings and then go back to Chelsea as a 30yold on 300k pw while we find a better option.
Arteta will send Sterling packing by November.

Arteta will send Sterling packing by November.
Who knows, he worked his magic with Havertz and already know Sterling, there is a slight chance he can get something out of him.
I think Saka/Trossard will start for the next month or two and Sterling will get the occasional subs and cup appearances with Martinelli.

Looks like it's not just us who injury new players. Merino is out for a few weeks after suffering a small shoulder fracture during his first training session with arsenal :lol:
He fell and then Gabriel fell on top of him resulting in a shoulder fracture. So it's very unlucky. But with the international break coming up here's hoping he doesnt miss too many games.

No idea it Moreno is any good but I think Sterling on a year’s loan without an obligation is a solid deal for them. Makes sense for a title challenger (Arsenal) as opposed to a team trying to build something (us).

Not the best thing to laugh at.

He fell and then Gabriel fell on top of him resulting in a shoulder fracture. So it's very unlucky. But with the international break coming up here's hoping he doesnt miss too many games.
That’s cope to be honest. If he’s out for 8 weeks that’s plenty of games.

"I'm going to be shitty because rival fans are also shitty" isn't great logic
My laughing emoji about merino injury wasn't directed at the player but that these freak accidents do happen to other clubs, rather than just Utd. It just seems recently to be Utd being hit by injury after injury and of course as Utd fans we all expect our new signings to be injured as soon as they have signed their contract with us.

My laughing emoji about merino injury wasn't directed at the player but that these freak accidents do happen to other clubs, rather than just Utd. It just seems recently to be Utd being hit by injury after injury and of course as Utd fans we all expect our new signings to be injured as soon as they have signed their contract with us.
That's fair

Did I say anything?
I feel like it's fairly obvious what you were implying

That’s cope to be honest. If he’s out for 8 weeks that’s plenty of games.
He's clearly out for the next few games, what I meant was after the international break I hope he doesn't miss too many. I said 'hope' for this very reason. Its not ideal as Partey is a crock and we have City, Spurs all in the next month and would have really benefited from Merino in the side.

I can't think of any player that I think wouldn't fit in or look right in an Arsenal shirt. Pick any player in the world, and then imagine him playing for Arsenal. It just fits. They are just one of those clubs. I don't know how to describe it :lol:

They just always pass the vibes test as a club. Fecking pricks.

I can't think of any player that I think wouldn't fit in or look right in an Arsenal shirt. Pick any player in the world, and then imagine him playing for Arsenal. It just fits. They are just one of those clubs. I don't know how to describe it :lol:

They just always pass the vibes test as a club. Fecking pricks.

Some of the PR videos for kit launch or all the different campaign releases are pretty awesome.

We are Vibes FC....just don't ask us to actually win any trophies! :o

Amazing how bad these dreaded international breaks are....just disastrous. There is no point to having these.

That looks devastating to our season.

Amazing how bad these dreaded international breaks are....just disastrous. There is no point to having these.

That looks devastating to our season.

Having an international break 3 games into the new season, when the Euros only finished a couple of months ago is just ridiculous.

I think international football needs a complete restructure to be played outside of the club season. Maybe start the club season 6 weeks later and play all international games in the summer. These constant international "breaks" are universally hated by fans and don't seem to do the players any good whatsoever.

Having an international break 3 games into the new season, when the Euros only finished a couple of months ago is just ridiculous.

I think international football needs a complete restructure to be played outside of the club season. Maybe start the club season 6 weeks later and play all international games in the summer. These constant international "breaks" are universally hated by fans and don't seem to do the players any good whatsoever.
As a Estonian and regarding Estonian Premium League, the International breaks are adored and it's the best setup atm. To have 3 in the fall, one in the summer and one in the spring.

Exactly, we just had a major tourney, and the next one is two years away. I have never understood these international breaks early in the season.

Only Odegaard? Not too bad then and disastrous is a bit of an over reaction, surely you can replace one player?

Losing Odegaard alone is very bad. They don't really have a back up for him, no-one at the club who can do what he does for the team. But I guess losing him, after already losing Merino just prior to the break, and Rice missing the NLD, it feels like a bit of a disaster to lose Odegaard on top of that.

I read somewhere it was just a sprain, so hopefully nothing too serious.

Losing Odegaard alone is very bad. They don't really have a back up for him, no-one at the club who can do what he does for the team. But I guess losing him, after already losing Merino just prior to the break, and Rice missing the NLD, it feels like a bit of a disaster to lose Odegaard on top of that.

I read somewhere it was just a sprain, so hopefully nothing too serious.
Ugh...hope it's a sprain, looked like a surgery one. We also lost Calafiori. Losing players to injuries is part of the game, but losing them to silly internationals is very annoying.