Arne Slot | Liverpool manager (Posture Watch)

What about Alisson? Signing Mamardashvili has to indicate that he's leaving soon as well, right?
He has an extra 12 months but I wonder if he’s made it known that he’d like to leave as well.

He’s surprisingly injury prone for a keeper. That or he looked at our fixtures between now and early December and decided “nope”.

I agree that the best way to judge is wait for the full season. As a compliment to him I'd say that it does look very unlikely that the wheels will come off. Seems very stable.

He’s off to an impressive start without a doubt. But the fixture list has been kind and he has had almost no significant injuries to deal with until now with Alisson. He has basically leaned heavily on the same 11 players so far. One of Klopp’s big strengths was his ability to chop and change the lineup yet keep performance levels high and that’s a total unknown at this point with Slot.

Last edited:
He’s off to an impressive start without a doubt. But the fixture list has been kind and he has had almost no significant injuries to deal with until now with Alisson. He has basically leaned heavily on the same 11 players so far. One of Klopp’s big strengths was his ability to chop and change the lineup yet keep performance levels high and that’s a total unknown at this point with Slot.

There will be a lot of things we will learn about him of course. They have a hell of a challenging run between now and early December.

He has an extra 12 months but I wonder if he’s made it known that he’d like to leave as well.

He’s surprisingly injury prone for a keeper. That or he looked at our fixtures between now and early December and decided “nope”.
He made it known in the summer that he’s keen to stay. Was quite prominent news.

He made it known in the summer that he’s keen to stay. Was quite prominent news.
Do you really think that’ll be the way it’s going to go if Salah, TAA and Van Dijk all go in the summer?

Losing all three significantly weakens us.

Do you really think that’ll be the way it’s going to go if Salah, TAA and Van Dijk all go in the summer?
I’ve no idea. It’s bordering on idle speculation with lots of variables and moving parts still in play. Nothing has been concluded. Catastrophising* seems to be football fans favourite pastime. The reality is often not as bad.

*see many Liverpool fans’ hysteria during transfer windows.