Arne Slot | Liverpool manager (Posture Watch)

Kelleher looks like a better passer than even Allison, so that was surprising to me too. Liverpool baited us into pushing up high quite a few times then just dinked the ball over the midfield to set your forwards up with easy 1v1s against our backline. Slot is an impressive manager.
This.

Kelleher is really good with his feet. Alisson is a better all round keeper, but Kelleher might be second to Ederson in how good he is with the ball at his feet. (Alisson isn’t bad with his feet either)

Can’t help but be quietly pissed of how seamlessly this fella has come in after Klopp yet they look better than ever. They have a core of around 16 established top class players that don’t miss many games.

Hypothetically, do we think if Ten Hag had taken the LFC job, he’d be doing the same as Slot has started or is Slot a superior operator?

Can’t help but be quietly pissed of how seamlessly this fella has come in after Klopp yet they look better than ever. They have a core of around 16 established top class players that don’t miss many games.

Hypothetically, do we think if Ten Hag had taken the LFC job, he’d be doing the same as Slot has started or is Slot a superior operator?
Slot is obviously a lot more about control than Ten Hag is. But then again Liverpools squad are way more suited to the style Ten Hag seems to want then the United squad are. But I think the easy answer is that Liverpool just has better players.

And also Slot haven't been able to show if he is poor in the market or not yet

They were poor tonight, and in a lot of ways lucky to win. Nothing about them looks impressive.

Slot is obviously a lot more about control than Ten Hag is. But then again Liverpools squad are way more suited to the style Ten Hag seems to want then the United squad are. But I think the easy answer is that Liverpool just has better players.

And also Slot haven't been able to show if he is poor in the market or not yet
He was actually far more attacking eventually at AZ and Feyenoord. I think he's mostly more flexible in his approach. He looks at his players and adepts accordingly.

I'm Amadeus now.

First theory, It's klopps team, which he has made a bit more defensive. It suits the team playing this way. They will be found out in the next couple of months.

Second theory, was Klopp all that? He just got lucky with having some world class players.

He was actually far more attacking eventually at AZ and Feyenoord. I think he's mostly more flexible in his approach. He looks at his players and adepts accordingly.

I'm Amadeus now.
As the replay above me it really seems that Slot decided to go with the Klopp team and approach just making it a little but more defensive and safe. I expected something different from him but he is adapting according to the players. The real Slot team we will see after few transfer windows..

I never really bought in to the Klopp hype, it was always more about how good their player recruitment was.

If they keep their good fortune with injuries as they've had so far they'll be right in the mix for the major trophies this year.

I never really bought in to the Klopp hype, it was always more about how good their player recruitment was.

If they keep their good fortune with injuries as they've had so far they'll be right in the mix for the major trophies this year.
Klopp wanted Brandt over Salah. Edwards has been immense for Liverpool.

Klopp was already rated as a top manager before Liverpool though.

First theory, It's klopps team, which he has made a bit more defensive. It suits the team playing this way. They will be found out in the next couple of months.

Second theory, was Klopp all that? He just got lucky with having some world class players.
Third theory, Slot is turning into a great manager already and is wiping up the competition.The best Dutch coach around.
Fourth theory, Klopp was all that by building a team making good players look great and then getting better players to leave for the next guy in line. I mean he won the league and a European Cup with a midfield of Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Chamberlain, and Shaqiri. All of these players mentioned weren’t exactly world class.

Nothing? Not a single thing.

11 wins out of 12. Best xG for and against. Top of the league. Joint top of the CL. Five goals conceded.

Nothing…

Strewth, tough crowd.

Honeymoon periods can be awfully long. Look at the run we went in under Ole with he took over as caretaker.

Two Dutch bald headed managers and we got Ten Hag.

To make matters worse, we chose first ….ffs!

Honeymoon periods can be awfully long. Look at the run we went in under Ole with he took over as caretaker.
This.

Plus look at ETH's first season. It seemed like we could beat anybody. Now we can't even beat eggs.

It's still early days.

They were poor tonight, and in a lot of ways lucky to win. Nothing about them looks impressive.
Poor? No, that's what gets served up at old Trafford most weeks.

We played some great stuff in the first half and their keeper was their best performer on the night. Then we took our foot off the gas second half. Still the best team in the game overall.

There's a big difference between "win with Room for improvement" and 'poor'.

It might be a honeymoon period it might be significant. I don’t know. I was responding to the daft post saying Liverpool were poor (not true) and nothing impressive about the team (not true).

Poor? No, that's what gets served up at old Trafford most weeks.

We played some great stuff in the first half and their keeper was their best performer on the night. Then we took our foot off the gas second half. Still the best team in the game overall.

There's a big difference between "win with Room for improvement" and 'poor'.
You are not living in reality, there was a lack of quality, very pedestrian.

You are not living in reality, there was a lack of quality, very pedestrian.
xG 2.65 Vs 0.9

I think your definition of lucky is "they were lucky that they weren't really unlucky tonight."

We were the better team, we won. Keep doing it too. One of our opinions at least is congruent with the results over the past three months.

I want to believe this is just a new manager bounce, but christ, I never thought the Klopp replacement would come in and start like this. I'd laugh if it wasn't so utterly depressing how its gone for them compared to the piles and piles of shit we've put up with post Fergie.

Still incredibly early days, but lets face it the league is very much up for grabs for them, and everything else.

I want to believe this is just a new manager bounce, but christ, I never thought the Klopp replacement would come in and start like this. I'd laugh if it wasn't so utterly depressing how its gone for them compared to the piles and piles of shit we've put up with post Fergie.

Still incredibly early days, but lets face it the league is very much up for grabs for them, and everything else.

The difference in squads between what Klopp and SAF both left behind are night and day.

Our last title was like squeezing blood from a stone with the injection of RVP, and reliant on a pretty weak league - most rivals were in transition and City dropped off. In reality, it was an aging squad that had never really replaced the gaping holes left by the likes of Ronaldo and Tevez, and had allowed the midfield to stagnate.

We required major surgery, Liverpool don't.

Also - losing Klopp was never going to be anywhere near the same as losing SAF. Klopp was there for less than a decade and won them 2 major trophies. Yeah he was fantastic but he didn't build anything close to what SAF did on multiple occasions.

On topic though - I think Slot looks like a very good manager, they've definitely landed on their feet with him.

xG 2.65 Vs 0.9

I think your definition of lucky is "they were lucky that they weren't really unlucky tonight."

We were the better team, we won. Keep doing it too. One of our opinions at least is congruent with the results over the past three months.
Could've gone 1-0 down right before we scored, and they had another one (or even two?) ruled out for offside and a major feck up by Openda in added time where he could've squared it first touch but totally ruined it.

I agree that we weren't lucky and overall dominated the game quite easily but we were very sloppy and over-confident at times, especially TAA and Virgil when going for second balls or trying to pass it out from the back.

Two quality away wins at good sides though now and the only team left with 9/9 in the CL alongside Villa, good start and great position to finish in the top 8.

Could've gone 1-0 down right before we scored, and they had another one (or even two?) ruled out for offside and a major feck up by Openda in added time where he could've squared it first touch but totally ruined it.

I agree that we weren't lucky and overall dominated the game quite easily but we were very sloppy and over-confident at times, especially TAA and Virgil when going for second balls or trying to pass it out from the back.

Two quality away wins at good sides though now and the only team left with 9/9 in the CL alongside Villa, good start and great position to finish in the top 8.
But Leipzig are a good side and will always create moments of danger. It’s away in Europe’s premier competition and Liverpool outplayed (xG-wise) a Pot 1 team. This isn’t meant to be easy, even if some pretend it is. Offside goals are a result of a disciplined back four so credit to Liverpool rather than unlucky Leipzig.

But Leipzig are a good side and will always create moments of danger. It’s away in Europe’s premier competition and Liverpool outplayed (xG-wise) a Pot 1 team. This isn’t meant to be easy, even if some pretend it is. Offside goals are a result of a disciplined back four so credit to Liverpool rather than unlucky Leipzig.

I think people these days have too high an expectation. Going away to Europe and winning 1-0 has always been a good result.

Its silly to think that other teams wont get chances, whoever you play, the team will create a few chances.

I think people these days have too high an expectation. Going away to Europe and winning 1-0 has always been a good result.

Its silly to think that other teams wont get chances, whoever you play, the team will create a few chances.
Winning 1-0 away is for losers. Real champions win 3-1.