Arne Slot | Liverpool manager (Posture Watch)

wonder how many who are now saying that he joined a great and cohesive team were crowing about how Liverpool fans better brace themselves for a reality check once Klopp left.
I mean, it will happen, after the honeymoon period. Patience.

Last edited:
Why is he so good :mad:
They have a solid foundation and philosophy in playing style that also aligns with Slot, I imagine.
He's a good, confident manager. It looks, from the outside also, he doesn't have great pretentions in how he wants his teams to play and is open to adapting to the leagues general strengths.

wonder how many who are now saying that he joined a great and cohesive team were crowing about how Liverpool fans better brace themselves for a reality check once Klopp left.
You lost to the only top half team you've faced so far. Pipe down.

As I said in another thread, it’s far too early to be gushing over this cnut. ETH had a very respectable first season finishing 3rd and winning a cup, what’s happened since shows how quickly the wheels can come off. Not to mention they’ve had the easiest set of opening fixtures out of anyone in the league. Settle down.

Literally has all the red flags for a Premier League manager yet keeps on winning

If we hired him he'd be doing as shit as ten hag

God I hate football
Just accept it. Arne Slot is a football God. And should win a Nobel prize.

Very good start from Slot.

We play 12 games after the international break until Dec 12, including Chelsea, Leipzig, Arsenal, Brighton(x2), Leverkusen, Villa, Real, City, Newcastle and Everton away.

This run of fixtures will be interesting and likely give us more of sense of him.

As I said in another thread, it’s far too early to be gushing over this cnut. ETH had a very respectable first season finishing 3rd and winning a cup, what’s happened since shows how quickly the wheels can come off. Not to mention they’ve had the easiest set of opening fixtures out of anyone in the league. Settle down.
ETH is largely to blame for his own failures. In his first campaign we had a relatively distinct set up, though one that needed improvements.

He cocked it up last season though and he's continued in a similar vain this campaign. He got big headed. He wanted to reinvent the wheel, so to speak, instead of just refining our weak spots and general playing style.

Can't wait until the buffoon is kicked out.

Even ETH would do well with this lot. Team talk "okay lads, keep doing what you did last season."

Unreal how this guy can come in and in one summer have his team with a cohesive style and approach but ours needs 300 million and 3 years to not look like a bunch of u9s running around.
You think they are a lot different than what they were like last year? It's the same squad and they are playing OK. They've still not played a single team in the top 10 apart from Forest which they lost against. Their much, much superior attackers are all fit. Pretty much the same starting lineup in all matches.

They've had zero issues or challenges. It's not as impressive as how Spurs started last season with much bigger changes and look at how they ended up.

Unbelievable how people can overreact looking at a very small sample size.

The impressive thing is how tight the defence is under him, that right there is a great base to be successful, I can't see him going the way of ange because of this reason.

Also you can't compare him to ten hag's first season, in ten hag's first season we getting thrashed by brighton, city, Brentford and the sackable humiliation against Liverpool. I don't see Liverpool under slot suffering in the same way.

You are on your new manager bounce and it also helps that you have the officials in your pocket, you have a hard run of games coming up now so lets see how you get on in those.

As far as up and coming managers go, I don't think you can look past Slot.
Too fat.

Last edited:
Impressive start but really testing run of fixtures in next 2 months. If he comes through that, it is fair to say he is the real deal.

Unreal how this guy can come in and in one summer have his team with a cohesive style and approach but ours needs 300 million and 3 years to not look like a bunch of u9s running around.
Look at the squad he picked up though, versus what our managers bar Moyes have picked up this last decade.

Although cafites are always trying to write off all of Liverpool's players, they've still comfortably got a lot of quality to be in the conversation at the top.

We need Arsenal to stay strong, as there's always a chance City's inevitable points deduction happens this year. Even a 3-6 pointer could see them lose the league.
Most likely it happens next season, but imagine Liverpool won the league because of it.

You are on your new manager bounce and it also helps that you have the officials in your pocket, you have a hard run of games coming up now so lets see how you get on in those.
So it wasn’t Klopp’s antics that swayed the refs for the last nine seasons then? Wasn’t that the narrative? Now it’s just an overall bias in favour of Liverpool I suppose.

So it wasn’t Klopp’s antics that swayed the refs for the last nine seasons then? Wasn’t that the narrative? Now it’s just an overall bias in favour of Liverpool I suppose.

Didnt you see the 2 stonewall penalties Palace should have had today?

Just accept it. Arne Slot is a football God. And should win a Nobel prize.
Truly. And he’ll also Never Walk Alone. Now tell me brother. You ready for your conversion to becoming a true red?

Think about the Temple that is the Kop, and how you’d love to sit in it cheering on the bald Dutch god. Or as you call it in Dutch, de kuip, I believe?

Would Slot winning the league diminish Klopp's achievements since we did hear how Klopp had this team playing above their level. Or is it a sort of Shankly v Paisley where though Paisley was much more successful than Shankly, Shankly is still more revered because he brought Liverpool out from the second division to the title and Paisley simply carried on with that team. Klopp of course didn't pick Liverpool up from the second division but from mid table mediocrity rather and took them to being title challengers.

Would Slot winning the league diminish Klopp's achievements since we did hear how Klopp had this team playing above their level. Or is it a sort of Shankly v Paisley where though Paisley was much more successful than Shankly, Shankly is still more revered because he brought Liverpool out from the second division to the title and Paisley simply carried on with that team. Klopp of course didn't pick Liverpool up from the second division but from mid table mediocrity rather and took them to being title challengers.
Pretty much nailed it there. Paisley inherited a great team but got much better once Dalglish and Souness arrived. His first season after Shanks didn’t go as planned but after that he had an unparalleled level of success in such a short time that has never been matched to this day.

Something like it perhaps. Slot doesn't need the same skilset to be successful in these circumstances as Klopp needed to be successful in the circumstances he came into.

And he could be end up finding an easier path to winning titles than Klopp if city drop their level off a bit. He finished second with 97 points. I am fairly sure nothing like that will ever happen again in any of our life time's.

Perhaps trainers should be made to show their capabilities with the pre-exisiting squad before they are given half a billion to spend willynilly? :lol:

I’m sure for internet fans of all clubs including ours. We have a significant portion of fans who don’t even remember the pre klopp days. There was some quality in the squad Klopp inherited but we were going nowhere fast as a club. Slot may win more but what Klopp did for the club extends beyond trophies. It’s not too long before that we almost went bust.

I would also say I do think Klopp took too much from Lindjers towards the end. You cannot win this league playing kamikaze football. Our best seasons we were defensively solid and it yielded the lowest return from our front three but we won the pots.

Slot hasn’t made any telling tweaks yet other than that and a more patient style. Itll take a while but it does seem like he has a good mind for it.

Liverpool weren't that good yesterday. They looked a bit disjointed to be honest. Palace should've had a penalty too.

League position flatters them

Klopp left him a great team. It's not the first time that a new manager has a very good first season. Next year will be where it's at.
Especially if one the big players leaves. So far i don't see anything particularly special. To me most coaches would have accomplished the same if they just continued with the recipe in place. I can easily see them fall out of the cl places next year after the bald has immplented more of his new strategies.

Klopp left him a great team. It's not the first time that a new manager has a very good first season. Next year will be where it's at.
Especially if one the big players leaves. So far i don't see anything particularly special. To me most coaches would have accomplished the same if they just continued with the recipe in place. I can easily see them fall out of the cl places next year after the bald has immplented more of his new strategies.

What have you seen that makes you “easily see them fall out of CL places next year”??

Genuine question

The guy was always going too get stick if he started well, “oh he inherited a good squad” or “anyone can do what he’s done with that squad”

The truth is, the start he’s had has been almost perfect, 9/10 which is exactly what any team would want with a new manager.

You say you can easily see us falling out of CL places, yet the results seem too show otherwise, I can’t get my head around what specifically you’ve seen so far too suggest that.

The true test will come when he starts bringing in new players and dealing with some of the senior players eventually leaving.

But in the here and now, Liverpool’s Klopp hand over couldn’t have been better, and I can understand why that’s incredibly annoying for rival fans, all of whom are waiting for that drop in form for Slots Liverpool, which I also understand