Argentina players singing racist chant targeting French players after Copa America final

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Wesley Fofana's tweet with Enzo Fernandez live Insta stream (the racist chant starts at about 34 seconds):

The French Federation have taken action.

The president of the French Football Federation, Philippe Diallo, condemns in the strongest terms the unacceptable racist and discriminatory remarks made against the players of the France team as part of a song sung by players and supporters of the Argentina team

Quoting some posts from the Enzo thread:

Stupid thing to do from Enzo. Not exactly the best thing for their team morale.

“Listen, spread the word

They play for France but they are all from Angola

How nice, we are going to make them run, like that tr*nny f*cker Mbappe

His mom is Nigerian

His dad is Cameroonian

But in the documents

Nationality Francais”

Here is an actual video of the full chant, it was originally from the 2022 World Cup:

Copying comment from soccer:

For reference, these are the full lyrics:

“Listen, spread the word;

They play in France, but they are all from Angola;

How nice it is! They are going to run;

They are ‘cometravas’* like fecking Mbappé;

Their mom is Nigerian;

Their dad, Cameroonian.

But in the document ...Nationality: French”.

*cometravas is a slang term that loosely translates to someone who likes fecking transgender people. Come means to eat which is used to talk about fecking someone and travas is short for transgender

^ from reddit, just adding a bit more explanation.

Licha and Garnacho may be in trouble for us.

Last edited:
More disciplinary work cut out for INEOS. How do United players feel about Licha/Garnacho after seeing that? Also, did no one think this was a bad idea? Was Messi around when this was being sung?

If Garnacho & Martinez are involved I hope they are punished as well. No tolerance for racism.

What a clown Enzo is.

Anyone seen singing the song should be heavily punished by their club, and the national team as a whole should be punished.

Particularly difficult situation for Chelsea to manage given one of their players has now openly called out a €100m+ teammate for uninhibited racism.

If/when they meet again that game will be a carnage.
This Argentina team is bad in defeat and even worse in win.

Hard to tell who is who in that video, and also impossible to tell who is and isn’t joining in off camera. It’s going to be an absolute clusterfeck to review and unfortunately for Enzo he could well be the fall guy when they all deserve equal punishment.

Anyone seen singing the song should be heavily punished by their club, and the national team as a whole should be punished.

Particularly difficult situation for Chelsea to manage given one of their players has now openly called out a €100m+ teammate for uninhibited racism.

I’m glad Fofana did that. Calling out racism isn’t something that should be done when it’s convenient only. It’s especially important to do it when it’s your friends, teammates, family etc who are engaging in racist behaviour.

Enzo has a created a problem for Chelsea and Fofana has made sure Chelsea can’t just quietly and discreetly deal with it and I’m glad he did that.

Fofana, Disasi, Gusto, Nkunku, Badiashile, Ugochukwu. That’s 6 black French Chelsea teammates of Enzo, never mind the other 10 or so black players also in the first team.

Hard to tell who is who in that video, and also impossible to tell who is and isn’t joining in off camera. It’s going to be an absolute clusterfeck to review and unfortunately for Enzo he could well be the fall guy when they all deserve equal punishment.
Yeah, lets be real. No evidence for it but i would bet that all sing it.

For reference, these are the full lyrics:

They are ‘cometravas’* like fecking Mbappé;

*cometravas is a slang term that loosely translates to someone who likes fecking transgender people. Come means to eat which is used to talk about fecking someone and travas is short for transgender
Quite excited to learn the Spanish word for 'chasers'. Duolingo falls short with stuff like this.

Not the most important detail, but why now? Is there any particular reason they chose to celebrate their Copa win over Colombia by being racist towards black French people?

Hard to comprehend the idiocy of Enzo and all the other players here, on multiple levels.

Without a genuine apology that the players accept, he can get fecked out of the club.

Wild that it's so many players as well. There's a ton of clubs going to have some serious conversations with their players in the next few days.

Tweeted 4 hours ago and still doesnt seem to realise or care. He limited accounts that can reply though.

Not the most important detail, but why now? Is there any particular reason they chose to celebrate their Copa win over Colombia by being racist towards black French people?
It is the football custom here. River still sings over defeating Boca at the Bernabeu in 2018. And remember Argentina was kicked out of Russia 2018 by France, so the thorn remains.

Given how easily this chant began after the previous one ended, I think it's safe to say this is not the first time they're singing it. Probably a squad favorite.

More disciplinary work cut out for INEOS. How do United players feel about Licha/Garnacho after seeing that? Also, did no one think this was a bad idea? Was Messi around when this was being sung?
I've only seen the video once and don't want to again but are those two seen singing it aswell?

I've only seen the video once and don't want to again but are those two seen singing it aswell?
I think it's just the last 10 seconds or so they're actually singing it. The rest of the video is a different song. So, other than Enzo, it's difficult to say who else was joining in.

Could genuinely see him get binned for that. What a cnut.

The part of this video where this chant begins (around 34 seconds in) is quite blurry and grainy, there's only a split second as Enzo goes from holding his phone near his lap to raising it above his head before cutting the video off. It is clear that multiple people are singing along, but it's difficult to say who given that split second frame. (looks like Tagliafico smiling in the seat behind him, but it's pure guesswork on my part)

Last edited:
Wesley Fofana's tweet with Enzo Fernandez live Insta stream:

The French Federation have taken action.

Quoting some posts from the Enzo thread:

Licha and Garnacho may be in trouble for us.

We can’t assume anything either way, but he doesn’t seem very integrated into the NT. And he’s (funnily enough) not even Argentinian so he might not share some of the strong feelings or uninhibited racism.

Just Enzo? Not all the others?
The first part, yeah. The second part — they’re all cnuts. A lot easier to prove against him, being the one filming and being so close to the camera.

These footballers are not the brightest people, eh? Seems like Licha/Garnacho were singing as well? Lost my respect to them.

Sadly and entirely predictably, Fofana is now the subject of targeted racist abuse.

Just Enzo? Not all the others?
Who else is singing? I mean, I genuinely can’t recognize anyone else singing in this video because the picture quality is terrible.

You’d think a multi millionaire footballer would be able to afford a phone with a better camera than that, but I guess not.

Time for the PL to actually prove no room for racism. I'm sure additional videos will surface and they can identify all the culprits but even making an example out of Enzo would be fine.

Sadly and entirely predictably, Fofana is now the subject of targeted racist abuse.

Beyond shameful.

Ah, you mean that guy who, after a win, called opposition player an idiot while doing interview? Yeah, he would never .....

Um there is a colossal fecking difference between calling someone an idiot and participating in a disgusting racist chant?

The irony of 20 year old millionaires who almost all left for a different continent at the first chance. Most of their children won't be born in Argentina either. Thick as can be.

There are more black French players at Chelsea than at half the Ligue 1 teams. If he can't even be bothered to care for his teammates, we're lucky to not see how he treats his rivals. Colossal piece of shit.

Ah, you mean that guy who, after a win, called opposition player an idiot while doing interview? Yeah, he would never .....

The first is him calling Weghorst 'bobo' after a very angry and heated match marred with incidents. The second is a racist chant. I get that you hate the prevalence of his 'nice guy' image, but I hope you understand that it's a huge leap in assumption from 'not nice' to 'racist'.

All that said, if he's involved, would like to see the same consequences that others (hopefully) face.

Apparently, both Lisandro and Garnacho can be seen on video but when other chant starts.