Are you confident of success in the INEOS era?

They are failing at the minute on all fronts.
1. Too many chiefs. Brailsford rocking up in the dressing room.WTF.
2. Not sacking ETH. Emotional decision making. Why?
3. Poor transfer record. Buying Zirkzee, selling Mctominay.
4. Financial problems next. They will add huge sums of debt to the club to finance new stadium. Guaranteed we have no money for at least 5 years.

Yeh I’m confident. The glaziers literally couldn’t have run the club worse if they tried. We have put football people into football decisions and I’d argue that’s already started to pay off. Some short term turmoil was always to be anticipated and not sacking Ten Hag yet is literally not evidence of anything at this stage really. I expect in 5 years time our trajectory will be entirely different.

Yeh I’m confident. The glaziers literally couldn’t have run the club worse if they tried. We have put football people into football decisions and I’d argue that’s already started to pay off. Some short term turmoil was always to be anticipated and not sacking Ten Hag yet is literally not evidence of anything at this stage really. I expect in 5 years time our trajectory will be entirely different.
Yeah we'll finally be in the Championship.

Taking into consideration that the new management on the football side have only been together for a matter of months, I'm fairly optimistic they can turn things around.
My probem is what is happening on the pitch, despite their support for ETH in the transfer market in the summer, it's taking a more than average time for the new signings to gel together, it's my opinion a better manager would have got them working as a unit a lot quicker.
Against Brentford we saw a spark of passion from both Ruud and Deligt, that has to spread through the team, it's the kind of reaction fans want to see, not the whining of Bruno, and throwing arms in the air, DeLigt should be given the armband.
Playing Rashford on the right also seemed to work, it gives him another eelment to his game.
ETH needs to build on that win, field a consistent 11 and stick with a formation and game plan, there are tougher tests to come, but team confidence seems to be a key issue.
On to Fernerbache, lets hope we have a fit squad, and get pick our bet 11, we need a win in Europe.

Embarrassing is being 12th in the PL at the end of October, after finishing 8th the previous season, while also going a full year without winning a single game in Europe.
hashtag STANDARDS

This is it mate. This is where INEOS and the team clearly want us, otherwise something would have been done sooner about ETH.

A
Missed this response. It is certainly embarrassing that you find these levels acceptable. Pathetic, even. Ouch indeed.
No no. I think posting here during a match that United ended up winning is rather embarrassing and the epitome of pathetic.

So you were at the game posting on your phone moaning here.

Next level.
And what? You think everyone in the ground at half time is delighted when we are getting battered by Brentford?

Genuinely interested in your thought process here seen as you seem to think you are above everyone.

And what? You think everyone in the ground at half time is delighted when we are getting battered by Brentford?

Genuinely interested in your thought process here seen as you seem to think you are above everyone.
I don’t think I’m above everyone. Just surrounded by odd balls.

The only error so far for me was triggering the +1 on Ten Hag's contract. Given all of the red flags and all of the bad underlying data, they should've just kept going until his current deal expired.

Of course we know why they did it - Ten Hag had no authority over the dressing room and it was a public backing to suggest to the players that he's here to stay, so you better behave or you're out the door. It'll have been an costly (10M+) message when it's all said and done. And a mistake we can't afford given FFP woes, interest in building a new stadium, risk of missing out on EL (let alone CL) football.

We have a better chance with them than without.
However I have a feeling that too many cooks spoil the broth.
Dan Ashworth and Jason Wilcox, why? What do they do? Scouting, excellent we can cover two games instead of one but I’m not sure they are classed a scouts.
Then we have Brailsford, again why? Surely Wilcox and Ashworth know more about football than Brailsford and if someone needs to sign off any deals or rubber stamp what Ashworth and Wilcox do than should surely that should be the CEO Omar Berrada?
No I'm a little confused as to how this new structure works, perhaps after a year or so we will see certain people leave but without Woody we should improve.

Losing any remaining confidence the more time goes by. What is happening on the pitch is unacceptable, yet nothing is being addressed, changed or adjusted. As if everything - anything - is according to plan.

The only error so far for me was triggering the +1 on Ten Hag's contract. Given all of the red flags and all of the bad underlying data, they should've just kept going until his current deal expired.

Of course we know why they did it - Ten Hag had no authority over the dressing room and it was a public backing to suggest to the players that he's here to stay, so you better behave or you're out the door. It'll have been a costly (10M+) message when it's all said and done. And a mistake we can't afford given FFP woes, interest in building a new stadium, risk of missing out on EL (let alone CL) football.
The apparent new stadium is long term, changing the manager is a short to midterm plan and are not really related.

The rationale was that sending two players on a private jet to an awards ceremony even as you're making cuts to staff is a bad look. And that sharing a flight with another team, something that happens regularly, would have been a solution. Which absolutely makes sense.

The rationale was that sending two players on a private jet to an awards ceremony even as you're making cuts to staff is a bad look. And that sharing a flight with another team, something that happens regularly, would have been a solution. Which absolutely makes sense.
They could have just flown business class on a domestic flight surely?

Business with BA on European flights is not exactly private, they probably needed to charter a plane but surely sir Jim has a private jet, wait I’ve just checked he’s got 5 Private Jets including Gulf Stream.

https://www.superyachtfan.com/yacht/hampshire-ii/owner/

I mean what is he trying to prove here, he’s says I’m a huge United fan, he’s gone from £30 billion personal fortune in 2023 to £15 billion in 2024 yet no one knows how, no one really knows the truth on how much liquid wealth he has?

We only know he gave the Glazers £1.25 billion for 25% and then another $300m (£230m) cash/capital injection for a further 2.7% shares.

The United fan base need to ask Sir Jim the following questions?

1. Do you intend to increase your share of the ownership to become a sole owner?
2. Do you intend to accept mediocrity on the pitch where the team finished 8th last year and bottom of their European group only to languish in 12th place in the EPL and 21st in the Europa League?
3. Will you lead and make the tough decisions to change personal on the pitch and in the managerial department, or will you let your expensively assembled so called best in class make those decisions?
4. If your policy is only to invest in youth, not a balance of the best young talent from 18-23 plus experienced players from 24-28 plus the odd star veteran at 29-32 then how long will it take before United become a consistent top 3 Team in EPL and 1/4 finalist in the CL?
5. Since the squad is so incredibly average, especially in the forwards department, will you invest additional funds to allow the club to enter the winter and summer 2025 market to buy a new left back, Centre Midfielder, Right Winger and experienced CF

Right now INEOS don’t know what they are doing, they have a co owner not a sole owner who has a miserable record in football with his two other teams.

He’s 72, you’d think that with all that money in the bank, and this club is supposed to be his love, then you might possibly put £2.5bn aside and spend £500m on at least 12/13 new players over the next three transfer windows and then spend £2billion on a new stadium, of course that’s never going to happen because that’s not how billionaires become billionaires in the first place!

He’s looked at a balance sheet and his trying to trim all the fat, whilst at the same time the team are abysmal on the pitch and he’s trying to save pennies over sending two of the best young prospects in World football on a plane with City Players, this guy is seriously deluded and now he has his title of CO Man United Owner and his ego stroked a little further!

The real question Sir Jim;
when are you going to stop embarrassing the club in the same that the coach you backed is doing on a week to week basis?

I am not at all confident in INEOS. Their decision making on the manager in the days after the FA Cup was atrocious. And even now it appears they’re willing to sacrifice another season with ETH at the helm while they wait for their man fails to recognize the gravity of becoming a midtable club that scrapes to beat other midtable clubs.

If this was the Glazer's there'd be much more criticism. Luckily for them everyone's embarrassed themselves by declaring everyone there now is "best in class" based on absolutely nothing, like they've got Gary Neville tourettes. So would look kinda dumb criticising them so soon

I am not at all confident in INEOS. Their decision making on the manager in the days after the FA Cup was atrocious. And even now it appears they’re willing to sacrifice another season with ETH at the helm while they wait for their man fails to recognize the gravity of becoming a midtable club that scrapes to beat other midtable clubs.

This was a very concerning decision with multiple outcomes that has had ramifications on the current season.

There are many who are echoing statements of time being needed but it's a frivolous sentiment, whenever you assess hierarchy at boardroom level for any organization larger than an SME, enterprise change management is achieved with almost immediate effect especially in ventures such as private equity where the business model from a structural basis bare some similarities.

INEOS certainly should have had the sense to realize that as much as you can move the technical director, sporting director etc around, nothing will supersede the influence of in-effective / effective manager.

They put more emphasis into attaining Ashworth as opposed to using the same level of due-diligence with ascertaining a new manager. None of us have to privy to those conversations the effort is clearly discerned by the debacle that ensued most of the summer.

It does nothing but reflect poorly on their behalf.

Last edited:
Yeah, no reason to charter a plane for this. They were flying to Paris, it’s not like there’s scarcity of Manchester-Paris or even London-Paris connections. It’s really not that difficult or expensive to organize, seems we were trying to save a little money, that’s all. It does look quite poor from a PR standpoint and just feeds into the narrative of City being far above us currently which was unnecessary.