Are you confident of success in the INEOS era?

Don't think we'll reach Alex Ferguson heights any time soon

If we could return to Champions League football every year it would already be an improvement, but the necessary steps have not been taken since Ineos took over

Lads, we have Dave Brailsford as part of the management team.

The fella went into Southampton and tried to interfere with football matters. He honestly tried to suggest that Football could borrow from Rugby and that teams should look at lifting keepers up to claim crosses. With that bit bonkers enough he thought that attacking teams should look at aiming corners higher and lift strikers into the air.

This is the big brain that has the ear of our new head of football operations.

We were so keen to get rid of the Glazers that we didn’t interrogate how monumentally experienced the new folks were.

If the Twin Tories are silent and offer nothing beyond recruiting the likes of Barrada and Ashworth, and those two recruit good people, we may have a chance of success. But it won’t be because of the two principle dickheads.

The Glazers must be laughing their dicks off. They strip mined the club for years, and now someone has PAID THEM to come and give them another few decades of profits.

It’s abject insanity that we are trusting blindly.
Brailsford was never at Southampton. You’re confusing him with another baldy Clive Woodward the former rugby manager

No they're shit. Made my mind up now.
They're more bottom line focused over football than the last jokers.

Last edited:

My theory on that is that they're paralysed by fear in terms of bigger football decisions. They've come in and done the standard business auditing, which they're probably very experienced in. But the bigger decisions have been strangely left alone.

When they took over Nice they said that they wanted to "learn how to run a football club". That is something that is a) still only a relatively new venture, b) a club the fraction of the size of united and c) still not successful. My concern is that the size of the club and scrutiny is causing them to put things off until they're absolutely sure of their decision. They're just too afraid of making mistakes, and this is leading to actual mistakes and indecisiveness.

I know it is just one deal, but them selling Álvaro Carreras (known as Alvaro Fernandez when he was at United), for peanuts, who went on to became a superstar leftback at Benfica, while we have literally no available leftback is all you need to know about what I think of INEOS

They are NOTHING like the club management we need for a rebuild. It will obviously be better compared to Glazers who appointed accountants and never gave two shits, but INEOS and its current crew won't take us to former glory. Dan Ashworth and the crew are no savors, they may even be hugely overrated

I know it is just one deal, but them selling Álvaro Carreras (known as Alvaro Fernandez when he was at United), for peanuts, who went on to became a superstar leftback at Benfica, while we have literally no available leftback is all you need to know about what I think of INEOS

They are NOTHING like the club management we need for a rebuild. It will obviously be better compared to Glazers who appointed accountants and never gave two shits, but INEOS and its current crew won't take us to former glory. Dan Ashworth and the crew are no savors, they may even be hugely overrated
One key thing that you are missing here. Alvaro Fernandez was loaned out to Benfica in January with an option to buy. This of course was before Ashworth, Berrada, Wilcox etc had joined the club.

I’m still of the opinion that they have been here for 3 months as a full team (Ashworth, Berrada etc) and there will be teething troubles, as they have never managed anything this big before. Yes they have fecked up the manager position and they are hampered with no money/FFP as well. I don’t think you can judge them until they have a season under their belt

One key thing that you are missing here. Alvaro Fernandez was loaned out to Benfica in January with an option to buy. This of course was before Ashworth, Berrada, Wilcox etc had joined the club.
This. And he's hardly a 'superstar' even now FFS. Bad decision but there's no need to exaggerated it (not aiming this at you).

No. More than top 4 is not in it. They are dithering, and you can see. They like to talk, but when it matters, they bottle it. Their handling of Ten Hag was actually a good test and you can see from that they have no clue/cojones to make the right decisions football wise.

They are pathetic, I didn't think it could get worse than Woodward & the Glazers. At least in terms of running the team. I'm a fan of getting the new stadium up and running.

They are pathetic, I didn't think it could get worse than Woodward & the Glazers. At least in terms of running the team. I'm a fan of getting the new stadium up and running.
I don't think they are worse but that doesn't make the good either.

No. More than top 4 is not in it. They are dithering, and you can see. They like to talk, but when it matters, they bottle it. Their handling of Ten Hag was actually a good test and you can see from that they have no clue/cojones to make the right decisions football wise.
Or maybe they are not just going to overreact stupidly when they don't have a replacement.

I mean…they have put money into the club, immediately they are miles better. They have also put a structure in place that everyone here wanted. Also better. You even acknowledge you like that they are trying to sort the stadium and yet they are ‘pathetic’.

Take a moment to think before you post.

I don't think we can do too many good things simultaneously. Building a solid team will require a lot of cash in these circumstances, as will building a new stadium. These are intricately linked and I don't think we have the resources to fight on both fronts. I'd rather we start building a brand-new stadium right away and think about winning in a few years. Get a new manager, invest in youth, and build for the future.

They are making us an even bigger banter club in the media. Some of the stuff coming out about the new ownership is worrying. I get much will be fake but there has to be something in it. Worrying times.

Midfield is still fecked so no. All our signings this summer are worrying.

Ugarte looks like a championship Kante, De Ligt a worse version of Maguire.

Will give time but two world class midfielders was needed this sumner

Their 1st mistake was not sacking Ten Hag in the summer. Their 2nd mistake was not sacking him last week.

Instead they cut jobs and get rid of sir Alex to save 2 million a year.

Going swimmingly well so far :smirk:

Everyone's jumping the gun a little here. Not even a little, a LOT!

Okay, so they didn't sack ETH at the first opportunity, right after he'd won the FA Cup, without a standout candidate to replace him.

That in isolation doesn't sound so unreasonable, does it?

The injuries last season must have played a part in their thinking, as well as ETH's successes prior to last season, here and at Ajax.

Our summer signings have been universally considered 'good' at least. The new board are in season 1 of what will likely be a decades long ownership, and most of the signs and the appointments have been promising.

Put down the pitchforks. They got the ETH call wrong. Let them get in their own manager and see how things turn out. I'm still confident, just not with ETH at the helm.

Let’s just see shall we.

Not buying into it all right now but feck me it’s been a month or whatever.

Ineos have talked a good game, but not delivered so far.

The correct time to judge is probably January 2026 when they have had sufficient time to bed in ideas and changes.

An improvement over the Glazers? Again, not hard and quite a low bar.

They are certainly focused on profit (which is fair enough - the club needs to make money to finance player purchases, etc).
The issue is that I think they are scared/reluctant to make tough decisions which relate to the players/manager.

Ineos have talked a good game, but not delivered so far.

The correct time to judge is probably January 2026 when they have had sufficient time to bed in ideas and changes.

An improvement over the Glazers? Again, not hard and quite a low bar.
2026?
WTF!

No way does it take that long to steer the ship to safety.
By now, we should've seen some improvements. I'm not talking about top 4 form, but the managerial issue should've been addressed. Instead, they kept on a manager who failed last season and has continued to fail this season. They simply don't know what to do.

2026?
WTF!

By now, we should've seen some improvements. I'm not talking about top 4 form, but the managerial issue should've been addressed. Instead, they kept on a manager who failed last season and has continued to fail this season. They simply don't know what to do.
Surely you have to assess each season once it is done though for any kind of accuracy?

This is their first season and has been their first transfer window, they have yet to hire their own manager but we can assume are happy to continue with ETH as it stands. We should compare where we were end of last season with where we end up at the endow this season and then keep doing that. We have a huge amount of data to look back and conclude the Glazers were pretty shambolic owners, we do not know if Ineos will be good or bad yet.

2026?
WTF!

The idea that the entirety of running of the club can be judged based on whether a single decision matches your personal opinion on something is honestly ridiculous.

2026?
WTF!

Do people know that running a club is not solely sacking and hiring the manager? I hope you never complained about the structure because right now you are doing the opposite.

Just because they made a decision you dont like on a manager, you have come to the grand conclusion that they dont know what to do.

I would suspect they know way more than you, SJR runs a multi billion company, so he is way more qualified than us on how to operate a business successfully.

I think they come in with some thoughts in mind. Example. Buying young potential stars and players in midfield twenties (means deal like Casemiro will never happen again), they want to make United more profitable therefore long-serving staff as well as ambassadors are cut. Long-serving likely means they are paid higher at United than elsewhere. Direction wise, I think they are on the right path BUT if we buy player of wrong profile (Zirkzee) then nothing and continuing to hire ETH will be their downfall. ETH is not our saviour, it seems that he has more successful reverting to old tactics that we are more successful. Dalot no longer drift into central mid and using a left footer player as left back. Just get this fraud out the door. He is our worst manager since Alex left and he still have a job at United. What a joke?