Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

I'm enjoying Brooklyn Nine Nine right now. Andy Samberg is actually tolerable in it, all of the supporting cast are great, especially Terry Crews. If you want something that's good but not at all taxing to watch I'd recommend it.

Is Sons Of Anarchy any good? Been looking at the Blu-ray season 1-4 box set but wondering is it worth it.

NO!!!

I've seen a fair bit of this show (the GF is really into it) and I can't stand it anymore.

Sure it has a few moments in the first two seasons, but then it just gets really tired, and quickly... Someone will have to explain the whole IRA guns thing to me (as it just doesn't make much sense)... plus the guy who plays Jax is just a bad actor.

When I watch it now I hope that law enforcement catches them and puts a stop their cliched mayhem.

I think it's gotten better as it's gone on Bill. Still some really cringe worthy unrealistic story-lines but there's decent suspense.

I think it's brilliant, James Spader is so slimy but in an interesting way. His voice too is incredible.

Just finishing off House of Cards. Not really into politics but it's fascinating, and Kevin Spacey is just one of the best around.

I think it's brilliant, James Spader is so slimy but in an interesting way. His voice too is incredible.

Just finishing off House of Cards. Not really into politics but it's fascinating, and Kevin Spacey is just one of the best around.

That's lined up in my Netflix for me. I'd have something of an interest in politics and I too love Spacey. Looking forward to it.

That's lined up in my Netflix for me. I'd have something of an interest in politics and I too love Spacey. Looking forward to it.

Then this show is perfect for you. Spacey's character is one of the slimiest, two-faced characters I think I have ever seen on a show, and the story line has got me so hooked as to what is going on. You can see he's a bastard in the first minute of the first episode, and he just gets worse and worse. He does this sort of monologue thing throughout the series where he is speaking to the camera or acknowledges it every now and then, like for instance something went his way and he just winked straight at us. It really makes you feel like he is talking to you and interacting with you.

Then this show is perfect for you. Spacey's character is one of the slimiest, two-faced characters I think I have ever seen on a show, and the story line has got me so hooked as to what is going on. You can see he's a bastard in the first minute of the first episode, and he just gets worse and worse. He does this sort of monologue thing throughout the series where he is speaking to the camera or acknowledges it every now and then, like for instance something went his way and he just winked straight at us. It really makes you feel like he is talking to you and interacting with you.

The original British Trilogy, with the amazing Ian Richardson, is also worth seeing.

Last night I saw the first episode of Luther. WHY THE feck DID I TAKE SO LONG?

It was awesome!

Watched House of Cards (US) after seeing the praise of it in here. Great show - would really recommend it.

:lol: at some of the product placement, though. The PS Vita scene reminded me of this:

Watched House of Cards (US) after seeing the praise of it in here. Great show - would really recommend it.

:lol: at some of the product placement, though. The PS Vita scene reminded me of this:

'Is this a PS Vita?' :lol:

'Is this a PS Vita?' :lol:

:lol:

"Which games does he have?"
"All of them..."
"I ought to get one of these!"

So blatant. I think Apple and Sony probably put more towards this show than Netflix did.

Fair play to them for taking the gamble on this show without seeing the pilot. Loved it... felt evil cheering Spacey's character on but I just wanted everything he did to succeed.

DEADWOOD!!!!

wow!!!! just finished the 3rd season, and i found it so brilliant! A really amazing show, with some of the most awesome characters u will see on a tv show... and not only a couple, plenty of them!!!

such a shame HBO cancel this one... they love to cancel good shows!!

even thought is not a finished tv show, i recommend it to everyone... u will have so much fun watching this, promise.

Yep. Deadwood is fecking awesome.

feckING awesome!

Just started Deadwood a few nights ago, up to about episode 5 or 6 at the moment. It's so fecking good.

Al Swearengen, what a man.

I'd probably watch Game of Thrones first. That has a new season starting in a couple months or something and as its on going, will only go further behind and lose any motivation to catch up.

The Wire is at least finished so no danger of falling further behind. But it is a fantastic show. You could watch the Wire first and then GoT before the new season starts (assuming you have enough time to watch both by March or so)

Parks and Rec and Community, can really watch whenever. Its a comedy so its not something I generally sit and watch all in one go unless I've got a lot of time to kill.

Okay going to drag out some oldies which "The Funniest Character" thread made me think of.

All in the Family
Maude
SOAP

All from the US in the 1970's early 80's. All considered ground breaking in their time. All in the Family at least loosely based on the British Show "Till Death Due Us Part"

A new show that I discovered yesterday called Rick and Morty. It's on Adult Swim and is 20minutes. 3 episodes so far.

feck me it was funny. I don't want to oversell it but goddamn it was it hilarious. It's brilliant.

Dan Harmon is one of the creators/writers (created Community). If you like anything on Adult Swim, you'll like this. If you don't like anything on Adult Swim, you still might like it. Just give it a go. The first episode is very good so there's no bedding in period. @R.N7 should definitely watch it.

After Christmas, I'll be able to watch all of the HBO shows on my television rather than streaming them all on my laptop. Sopranos, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire...it's going to be great.

Hannibal. The Fall was very good. To much use of cine-slider though.

I've watched a good chunk of the first season of modern family. It's decent for me. Not as good as the office, 30 rock, arrested development etc. I like the character of Phil, he's hilarious. The wife is okay. Sofia vergara is not funny very beautiful though. Decent show all round 7/10

I started watching Dexter a few weeks ago and I've almost finished S4. I'm totally blown away by it. Brilliant show, great story lines, great acting. It's like CSI Miami but not complete dogturd.

I started watching Dexter a few weeks ago and I've almost finished S4. I'm totally blown away by it. Brilliant show, great story lines, great acting. It's like CSI Miami but not complete dogturd.

Stop now if you want to retain any good memories of this show.

I echo Snow's recommendation of Rick and Morty up there. Great comedy.

You're watching it, too? I've been counting down the days... the break has been awful. Started off so well and then it just fecked off for a month. :mad:

Right, I need your help. I've just finished The West Wing, which I adored to bits.

I'm now looking for a new show to watch: on my way to work, I have a 20 minute metro ride, which was perfect for watching series on my phone, either a 20 minutes sitcom, either half of a 40 minute episode.

I enjoy political series, I've seen House of Cards, West Wing and In the loop and loved them all. I like drama as well, but also sitcoms (AD, Parks & Rec, Community when it was good...). I'm maybe a bit fussy but I'm willing to give most shows a try. If it could be something more 'male-oriented' that would be great as it's a show that I'll be watching on my own, so not something I could watch with Ms. RiP.

I've seen a lot of shows, amongst the ones considered 'great' there's Sopranos I haven't yet seen but that's on the bucket list and I'll watch it with the missus.

Any suggestions?

@Rooney In Paris

You've seen Spartacus I take it?

Suits was very good, season 1 especially... Newsroom also gets good reviews, but for me there isn't a brilliant storyline there or much progression.

EDIT: Did anyone watch much of the Hannibal series?