Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

I remember checking out the reviews for each episode on a website (maybe IGN), and the episode reviews went something like; 8, 10, 4.3, 9.2, 2.1, 3.7, 10, 9.6, 4, 6, 10.

It was as if each episode was a completely different show.

The first episode was decent but it ended up with the most fake cheesy speech ever and that set the tone for the rest of it.

The actual premise of the show is excellent and it had great potential.

In fairness to Lynch, you're talking about a series from nearly a quarter century ago. Compared to today, sure it's almost a parody but in it's time, it was unique and groundbreaking
Fair point. Beyond the style/makeup of the show though, & save for a few great performances which managed to be quirky in a good way, it's just so incredibly hammy.

:lol:

I'm glad they made it quite different to The Thick of It. American Malcolm Tucker would surely have been shit in comparison.

Battlestar Galactica, yay or nay?

If yay, how yay?

I watch the pilot last week - well, it's 2 episodes at 1.5hrs each, and it was, epic?

Probably the best word to describe it. I'm not sure why I haven't watched more, maybe because it felt like a 3hr long film which although amazing I didn't want to jump straight into the series.

Make sure you do watch this 2 episode mini-series first, apparently some people have skipped it by mistake.

Cheers Alock, that sounds good to me. Was reading up about episode order and came across this:

http://thunderpeel2001.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/battlestar-galactica-viewing-order.html

In depth stuff. Even recommends watching one of the spin offs and muting particular scenes so it doesn't impact the next series.

Damn, that puts me off watching it. I'd want to watch it in the 'best way possible' but that seems like effort/hassle.

I was always put off a little, (ignorantly) think it would just be a Star Trek clone (in b4 'whats bad about that'), but just from those 3 hours I can tell it is so much more than that.

Definitely some drama in there, and it goes far deeper than simple space battles.

Damn, that puts me off watching it. I'd want to watch it in the 'best way possible' but that seems like effort/hassle.

I was always put off a little, (ignorantly) think it would just be a Star Trek clone (in b4 'whats bad about that'), but just from those 3 hours I can tell it is so much more than that.

Definitely some drama in there, and it goes far deeper than simple space battles.

Yeah, that's what I always thought to be honest. I've never seen Star Trek but I always assumed it wasn't for me, and just tarred BSG in the same brush in doing so. Probably a bit presumptuous.

It does seem an effort but I think I'll probably follow that ordering. I probably won't bother muting that part it says; it'd drive me mad for a whole series wondering what was said!

Anybody been watching the Blacklist? I've watched the first 4 shows and I'm not sure if it'll be worth continuing?

I watch the pilot last week - well, it's 2 episodes at 1.5hrs each, and it was, epic?

Probably the best word to describe it. I'm not sure why I haven't watched more, maybe because it felt like a 3hr long film which although amazing I didn't want to jump straight into the series.

Make sure you do watch this 2 episode mini-series first, apparently some people have skipped it by mistake.

Watched it last night. Really good! Thought some of the acting was a bit painful in places, though; the main culprits being Lee Adama and the scientist. The hybrid woman on the other hand was excellent.

Watched it last night. Really good! Thought some of the acting was a bit painful in places, though; the main culprits being Lee Adama and the scientist. The hybrid woman on the other hand was excellent.

I got a little bit of a space opera feeling from some of the acting too, however I've found that every sci fi series or film has some poor acting in it.

Anybody been watching the Blacklist? I've watched the first 4 shows and I'm not sure if it'll be worth continuing?

I've watched the first three. It's OK drama if a bit predictable and cheesy.

I watched the premier of The Tunnel last nigth and thought it was pretty good.

I've watched the first three. It's OK drama if a bit predictable and cheesy.

I watched the premier of The Tunnel last nigth and thought it was pretty good.

Yes, I just wondered if the cheese gets too much. Might give it another couple of shows to find out who the apple man is. I have the tunnel recorded, not watched it yet.

Yes, I just wondered if the cheese gets too much. Might give it another couple of shoes to find out who the apple man is. I have the tunnel recorded, not watched it yet.

Not sure who that is or who they are following, her or the husband. In fairness the hubbie's story isn't one I seen coming and can't honestly predict where it's going.

(prediction spoiler)
Spader is her Dad though, right? Like that's the twist that they are building up to.

Not sure who that is or who they are following, her or the husband. In fairness the hubbie's story isn't one I seen coming and can't honestly predict where it's going.

(prediction spoiler)
Spader is her Dad though, right? Like that's the twist that they are building up to.

I'm not sure if that's the twist, or if they're telegraphing it in order to throw in a different twist. Maybe I'm over-thinking it?

I'm not sure if that's the twist, or if they're telegraphing it in order to throw in a different twist. Maybe I'm over-thinking it?

Yeah, I thought myself that it was looking so obvious that it had to be a curve ball. Maybe....

he killed the Dad or worked with him. Something like that

Yeah, I thought myself that it was looking so obvious that it had to be a curve ball. Maybe....

he killed the Dad or worked with him. Something like that

Yep, and he's been carrying a watch up his arse for her since Nam.

The Blacklist is decent, nothing great.

I liked the first episode of The Tunnel, looks interesting.

I was hoping Sherlock would air sometime in November but some random internet site is saying it will return in January 2014 :(

The Blacklist is decent, nothing great.

I liked the first episode of The Tunnel, looks interesting.

I was hoping Sherlock would air sometime in November but some random internet site is saying it will return in January 2014 :(

Yep, New Years Day.

Just watched the first episode of Suits and I've got to be hones here: I'm in fecking love with it. One of the best pilots I've watched and I am seriously hooked already. It also makes me want to buy a suit!

And Harvey Specter may just be the coolest character on Earth (below Don Draper, because no one will ever be as cool as Don Draper)

Just watched the first episode of Suits and I've got to be hones here: I'm in fecking love with it. One of the best pilots I've watched and I am seriously hooked already. It also makes me want to buy a suit!

And Harvey Specter may just be the coolest character on Earth (below Don Draper, because no one will ever be as cool as Don Draper)

It's my favourite show - definitely not the best, but my favourite for sure.

Brilliant dialogue, I think it's great. Gets better and better too.

Have mostly steered clear of Suits just because I thought a lot of the cast - barring Harvey Specter and Louis - looked like they were either smarmy or cliche and would piss me off. Have I made a terrible error of judgement?

Have mostly steered clear of Suits just because I thought a lot of the cast - barring Harvey Specter and Louis - looked like they were either smarmy or cliche and would piss me off. Have I made a terrible error of judgement?

You seem to have a similar taste to that of my own, if you try it and like it then your awesomeness is confirmed.

If not, atleast you can get some closure and know you're not particularly cool.

It's incredibly enjoyable even if it's not the most sophisticated of shows.

Right, feck that then.

You seem to have a similar taste to that of my own, if you try it and like it then your awesomeness is confirmed.

If not, atleast you can get some closure and know you're not particularly cool.

It's incredibly enjoyable even if it's not the most sophisticated of shows.

I mean, er, sounds amazing! :nervous:

It probably is a really good program the way everyone talks about it. I'll give it a go at some point despite said character reservations.

You still watching Battlestar Galactica, by the way? What do you think?

I got told season 3 is a huge letdown compared, would you say this is the case? Shame if so

'Huge' letdown is exaggeration but yeah not as good as Season's 1 and 2. They veered away from their usual format and for me it didn't work

Yes, Lee Adama is the major letdown throughout the series IMO.

One of the things I really liked about the whole thing was the way they treated the sound effects for the space battles, made it much more atmospheric I thought.

Yes, Lee Adama is the major letdown throughout the series IMO.

One of the things I really liked about the whole thing was the way they treated the sound effects for the space battles, made it much more atmospheric I thought.

It's laughable that they've made some sort of hardman out of someone like that. He pulls off the accent well enough but he's so poorly casted! Gaius has started improving a bit after being hamstrung by some of the more silly moments with him and the Sylon (who is really good; it's more how it spills over into other conversation), but I think the idea for his character is surpassing his abilities as an actor so far.

Have enjoyed it a lot up to this point though. Just on the second season and the let up in quality hasn't come yet - they've been through enough issues so far to keep the show fresh and interesting. Agreed on the sound effects, and the visual stuff is pretty impressive and a lot more prevalent than I thought it'd be for a show with so many episodes. Must've been pretty expensive this, surely?

I mean, er, sounds amazing! :nervous:

It probably is a really good program the way everyone talks about it. I'll give it a go at some point despite said character reservations.

It's just a very entertaining show in which to pass time. Nothing spectacular about it, it's not the best at anything and isn't remarkable. But it's got witty dialogue and great characters, and has hot women.

I got told season 3 is a huge letdown compared, would you say this is the case? Shame if so

I thought it was decent - perhaps the weakest season, but still good, and it's not actually finished yet, so it's hard to judge. The set up for the second-half of season 3 (January) definitely sets things up interestingly.

You still watching Battlestar Galactica, by the way? What do you think?

Just finished season 1 and love it. I'm surprised with how much ease I've managed to watch it so far actually, and impressed with the characters. I tend to find that characters in the sci-fi genre are pretty one-dimensional, and don't offer enough for a TV series as opposed to a film, but there are a number of characters in Battlestar that I find particularly good.

Just finished season 1 and love it. I'm surprised with how much ease I've managed to watch it so far actually, and impressed with the characters. I tend to find that characters in the sci-fi genre are pretty one-dimensional, and don't offer enough for a TV series as opposed to a film, but there are a number of characters in Battlestar that I find particularly good.

Good stuff. Yeah, people like the President, Saul, Adama and Gaius' blonde Cylon are above what I was expecting. Gaius Baltar is confusing me a little so far though, I must admit. Hugely inconsistent character (must be intentionally so).

*I mean like when:

He declared himself an instrument of God and had a massive revelation, only to not give two shits again the next episode. Dunno, maybe it was to show you how taken with the moment he gets due to his somewhat obsessive level of self-preservation.

Battlestar Galactica, yay or nay?

If yay, how yay?

A bit too late. Anyway, don't forget to watch the pilote before the series start. They are must watch. The first episode (33 minutes) is in fact the third episode, cause the first two episodes are the pilot ones (who last longer IIRC). My bro started from 33 minutes and didn't understand what the heck was going on :lol:

Also, there is a movie (in fact more like a big episode, Battlestar Galactics: Razor) between the second and third season, and another one between third and fourth seasons (or possibly after the fifth season, don't remember it correctly, Battlestar Galactics: The Plan). Watch them too, they give the story from an another persepctive.

NB: This is possibly the TV show I watched in the fastest possible way. Don't think that it lasted longer than 10-12 days the entire watching of 5 seasons, 2 pilots and 2 extra movies. Addictive as drugs!