Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

A bit too late. Anyway, don't forget to watch the pilote before the series start. They are must watch. The first episode (33 minutes) is in fact the third episode, cause the first two episodes are the pilot ones (who last longer IIRC). My bro started from 33 minutes and didn't understand what the heck was going on :lol:

Also, there is a movie (in fact more like a big episode, Battlestar Galactics: Razor) between the second and third season, and another one between third and fourth seasons (or possibly after the fifth season, don't remember it correctly, Battlestar Galactics: The Plan). Watch them too, they give the story from an another persepctive.

Watched that mini-series prequel and it was really good. Wouldn't be disappointed if I'd paid to watch something like that in a cinema.

There's a website up there that's telling me what order to follow which suggests Razor right near the end of season 2, so I'll do that then. Can't believe how much stuff there is to go through actually! It's pointless me asking because I'm gonna end up watching it anyway, but is Caprica any good?

Watched that mini-series prequel and it was really good. Wouldn't be disappointed if I'd paid to watch something like that in a cinema.

There's a website up there that's telling me what order to follow which suggests Razor right near the end of season 2, so I'll do that then. Can't believe how much stuff there is to go through actually! It's pointless me asking because I'm gonna end up watching it anyway, but is Caprica any good?

Haven't watched Caprica (because it was cancelled so didn't bother to watch a single season) and watched only the first episode of the new mini series. Yeah, Razor is between the second and third season, while The Plan is after the series (the stpry from Cylon perspective). They should be watched.

Remembering now, it is even more impressive that I watched it for such a short time considering that I was at uni at that time so soent half of the day there. So it was uni, Battlestar Galactica and if there was some time here or there, a bit of sleep. But happy times, to be fair. Still is on my top 3 TV shows that I have watched and likely the most epic one.

Haven't watched Caprica (because it was cancelled so didn't bother to watch a single season) and watched only the first episode of the new mini series. Yeah, Razor is between the second and third season, while The Plan is after the series (the stpry from Cylon perspective). They should be watched.

Remembering now, it is even more impressive that I watched it for such a short time considering that I was at uni at that time so soent half of the day there. So it was uni, Battlestar Galactica and if there was some time here or there, a bit of sleep. But happy times, to be fair. Still is on my top 3 TV shows that I have watched and likely the most epic one.

Cheers, won't miss either.

Has had that feel throughout the first season, and certainly during the film prequel beforehand. Highly watchable. I'm dreading some of the stuff that is surely coming but it's all good for now. :)

I quite enjoyed Caprica, not as good as Galactica but definitely watchable. It's on Netflix if you have it.

Blood & Chrome is decent, I only watched it recently, but it actually goes before the whole lot, with William Adama as a new pilot. I think the disgraceful people at yify have it available.

I quite enjoyed Caprica, not as good as Galactica but definitely watchable. It's on Netflix if you have it.

Blood & Chrome is decent, I only watched it recently, but it actually goes before the whole lot, with William Adama as a new pilot. I think the disgraceful people at yify have it available.

Don't unfortunately, but it's probably not too difficult to find.

Hit a wall with BSG yesterday at the end of season 2 and thought it was going to be long and dreary snoozefest to the end of the program.

The few episodes during and after Roslin's cancer was cured - I feared the worst after that period.

Seems to be back on track though now and I don't really have a problem with the route it's gone down.

Sort of Lost-ish but that's ok with me.

*Baltar has improved a lot. Suits what he is now a lot more than what he was before.

Started Sons Of Anarchy recently. Took a while (half of first season) to get into it but now I'm loving it.

Just finished s1 of Love Hate and I have to advise everyone to watch it. Excellent stuff and easily the best Irish TV ever.

Anyone able to suggest a comedy, preferably with lots of episodes. I guess American, not because it's American, but because generally they have far more episodes than British stuff.

Still watching Battlestar, but I always have an 'easier' program to stick on.. The Office (US), Parks and Recreation, Scrubs and Archer have been my go-to comedies this past year.

Not Futurama (bored of), Simpsons (seen too often), South Park, Family Guy or American Dad and the last 3 are just not funny anymore (not sure if they ever were, I don't seem to think so now but I use to)

EDIT: the one I've watched the most is actually Peep Show, fecking amazing.

Anyone able to suggest a comedy, preferably with lots of episodes. I guess American, not because it's American, but because generally they have far more episodes than British stuff.

Still watching Battlestar, but I always have an 'easier' program to stick on.. The Office (US), Parks and Recreation, Scrubs and Archer have been my go-to comedies this past year.

Not Futurama (bored of), Simpsons (seen too often), South Park, Family Guy or American Dad and the last 3 are just not funny anymore (not sure if they ever were, I don't seem to think so now but I use to)

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a favourite of mine. Eastbound and Down is also excellent.

Californication has its moments.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a favourite of mine. Eastbound and Down is also excellent.

Californication has its moments.

It's Always Sunny was always a favourite of mine for the first 3/4 seasons and then I started to lose interest - I'm not sure why. Charlie seemed to carry the show a lot, but I could definitely give it another try.

Californication I've seen, definitely a good show.

Eastbound and Down I haven't tried before - this is the one that Will Ferrell is connected to (sometimes writes/stars/produces?). Also considering The League and Party Down.

I haven't caught up with the new seasons of Community or Arrested Development yet either, I probably should - but I don't have much interest in them for some reason.

Actually, if you are not sure you think South Park was ever funny you should skip my earlier suggestions and try How I Met Your Mother or Two Broke Girls.

Lol, it probably just tired on me. Don't get me wrong, I was a huge South Park fan - but after so many seasons, I now barely laugh whether I'm watching old or new episodes. Same applies to Family Guy and American Dad.

Yeah, How I Met Your Mother sucks ass. Haven't seen Two Broke Girls, but if it's on par with HIMYM (hate doing that..) then it must suck.

Workaholics
Portlandia

What's Portlandia about? Am I right in thinking it's a sketch show?

Workaholics!! There's an idea, how's season 2 and 3? I loved the pilot episode, watching him chew roof tile was brilliant - childish humour, but I was in tears. I enjoyed season 1 but it never lived up to my hopes after the pilot, still - it's definitely an easy enough watch so that's a very good plan my friend.

Keep with the ideas though please guys, I can nail one or two on my quest for getting some shut eye before uni tomorow.

Watch Archer, Alock, best animated series on at the moment. Brilliant writing and it's still going on (4 seasons at the moment and the fifth soon to come). Arrested Development is also excellent if you haven't seen it.

Brooklyn Nine Nine has been alright so far. Hello Ladies is good if you're into cringey British humor. Scrubs, Flight of the Conchords, Drawn Together, The Boondocks (not the typical animated show).

What's Portlandia about? Am I right in thinking it's a sketch show?

Workaholics!! There's an idea, how's season 2 and 3? I loved the pilot episode, watching him chew roof tile was brilliant - childish humour, but I was in tears. I enjoyed season 1 but it never lived up to my hopes after the pilot, still - it's definitely an easy enough watch so that's a very good plan my friend.

Keep with the ideas though please guys, I can nail one or two on my quest for getting some shut eye before uni tomorow.

Yeah, sketch show poking fun at hipsters.

If you like Archer then you'll probably like Frisky Dingo by the same creators. It's like Archer on LSD.

Louie's pretty decent too.

I've only started The Wire but just seen it advertised for Sky on demand in case anyone is interested.

I'm going to try Veep. HBO comedy. Made by the same people that made the Thick of It. Julia Louis-Dreyfus as the lead. Lot's of Emmy wins. Can't really go very wrong me thinks.

I started watching the first episode a couple of months ago but didn't really get into it and haven't gone back since. Would it be worth another try?

Quite simply, yes. You're missing out on one of the greatest shows TV has ever seen.

Just started the Blacklist, god am I enjoying that.

Also just got up to date with Suits, god was that good.

I need to hit three good shows in a row, The Wire seems to be a winner on here so will start that after.

I started watching the first episode a couple of months ago but didn't really get into it and haven't gone back since. Would it be worth another try?

It's not for everyone trust me. I absolutely loved it so much that I can't watch the final season as I just dont want it to end and am saving it for a rainy day but a lot of people I know also cant get into it. I wasnt the biggest fan of season 2 but thats just me.

Is Sons Of Anarchy any good? Been looking at the Blu-ray season 1-4 box set but wondering is it worth it.

Started this and gotta admit am loving it at the moment. Took a good 6 episodes to really get going but once it does get good, it gets really addictive.