Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

I watched the first episode of Fringe but didn't really pay full attention to it, it seemed decent but not great.. I said I wasn't hugely fussed about it, so the misses has gone and watched it alone (also said the pilot was merely 'decent') but has ended up watching 12 this week.. So maybe I've missed a trick, although she does like some absolute shit (Gossip Girl!!)

So, Peaky Blinders is meant to be awesome. Only 4 episodes so I can probably watch all them and then start Battlestar or Carnivale tomorow. Still haven't decided which, Battlestar is on Netflix so is more convenient but there is a lot more episodes to get through.

Me and the misses started watching the US version of Shameless today. We both really enjoyed the pilot, she came in never seeing the original though whereas I've seen lots of them. Obviously it's trying to be the original, which sometimes can be really frustrating (US Office pilot/s01) but it didn't bother me at all here. It seems good fun, anybody here watched it?

Battlestar is excellent, never watched Carnivale, heard good things about it, I just dont like watching stuff that gets cancelled without a decent ending.

Sky Atlantic has a hell of alot of shows advertised. Seemingly too many decent looking ones. Surely it is.too good to be true?

Sky Atlantic has a hell of alot of shows advertised. Seemingly too many decent looking ones. Surely it is.too good to be true?

I agree there does seem to a lot a decent shows coming up, I like the look of The Tunnel.
Trouble with me is I get bored if I have to wait each week to watch an ep, I usually wait until a season has finished and then watched t all at once, but then I forget about it and watch it miles after everybody else has.

Battlestar is excellent, never watched Carnivale, heard good things about it, I just dont like watching stuff that gets cancelled without a decent ending.

Assuming we're talking about Battlestar Galactica? If so, I really enjoyed it, and the 3 spinoff movies are good, I only watched Blood & Chrome the other week.

I watched the first episode of Fringe but didn't really pay full attention to it, it seemed decent but not great.. I said I wasn't hugely fussed about it, so the misses has gone and watched it alone (also said the pilot was merely 'decent') but has ended up watching 12 this week.. So maybe I've missed a trick, although she does like some absolute shit (Gossip Girl!!)
It's a shame you didn't give it more of a go, I mean it's not like you're missing out on a masterpiece or anything, but it's an enjoyable show with some truly excellent episodes. It's a bit long to get going, but you get into it progressively and once the general plot is set, you're kind of hooked. But again, if it really wasn't your cup of tea, maybe it was best to not insist on it! It's nowhere near the levels of shitness of Gossip Girl though, that's for sure! :lol:

I want to give Sleepy Hollow a go, any good?

I agree there does seem to a lot a decent shows coming up, I like the look of The Tunnel.
Trouble with me is I get bored if I have to wait each week to watch an ep, I usually wait until a season has finished and then watched t all at once, but then I forget about it and watch it miles after everybody else has.

I agree, The Tunnel does look like having potential.

It's a bit of a 'MTV' teen type of show or that's the impression I got. I watched half of the first season before dropping it.

It's a bit of a 'MTV' teen type of show or that's the impression I got. I watched half of the first season before dropping it.
Exactly. When I read the synopsis I thought it would be quite dark but it looks way too polished.

I watch Revenge but with the girlfriend - no chance I would otherwise. I was going to start the sentence with unfortunately, but I don't actually hate it anymore - I'd have never got into it by myself though.

It's not great, it's easy TV though which sometimes is nice to have - but it's very soap opera, unrealistic. Like a darker Desperate Housewives. I can't imagine many men watch it...

Started Game of Thrones last night. Looking good. :)

*Fantastic...I was on a completely unrelated Youtube video and already I've got some feck off spoiler staring right at me from the side column.

I'm fully in love with Mary-Louise Parker from Weeds now. Something about her makes her incredibly sexy, her eyes and the way she bites her lip. I'm just enamoured.

Started Game of Thrones last night. Looking good. :)

*Fantastic...I was on a completely unrelated Youtube video and already I've got some feck off spoiler starting right at me from the side column.

You hadn't seen it till now? My God man..

Saying that, I still haven't finished season 3. I stopped to catch up with the books, then I decided that I wasn't a huge fan of the books and stopped reading after book 2, but I still haven't caught up. I know the big thing that happens though, which has meant I don't feel much need to catch up.

First season is incredible anyway. Second season I thought was decent, incredible compared to all other fantasy television but didn't reach the heights of the best TV for me.

I know. I'm guessing it's like when you see someone say "just starting Breaking Bad..." and wonder just how on earth something like that had been left so late. :lol:

On the third episode now and I'm enjoying it a lot. What gets me is that someone said on here once that this was 'Popcorn Television'... Can only imagine they were talking about the acting style because there's far too much stuff going on for a term like that to apply. Some great moments already too; just wish I hadn't seen the spoiler!!

Game of Thrones fell totally flat in S03 unfortunately. Hopefully it'll pick back up again in S04.

You think? It did have one or two slow moving set up episodes and you occasionally got the feel that they were trying to cram too much in but bar
Theon's torture and Bran's story not going anywhere
I thought it was probably the best of the three seasons yet. There was that penultimate episode which was incredible and some other, great, shocking moments such as when
Jaime's hand was cut off.

Are Lost and/or Homeland worth watching?

I've heard that Lost started off well and it does seem like the sort of thing I'd be able to get immersed in and addicted to which is what I'm looking for generally, but I've heard it gets shit later on. I can't be bothered watching 5 seasons of a show just for it all to finish disappointingly.

Heard good things about Homeland too but I'm not sure if I'd really enjoy it or not.

I've heard that Lost started off well and it does seem like the sort of thing I'd be able to get immersed in and addicted to which is what I'm looking for generally, but I've heard it gets shit later on. I can't be bothered watching 5 seasons of a show just for it all to finish disappointingly.

Heard good things about Homeland too but I'm not sure if I'd really enjoy it or not.

LOST gets somewhat out of control with each passing season. The storyline becomes progressively worse each, but the quality of the acting and drama remains throughout the shows entirety. Most people find the LOST finale underwhelming, but if you are quite tolerable and patient when it comes to tv shows you should enjoy it from start to finish. I personally loved the show and as I said, the drama and acting made up for a show that lost a bit of it's mystique, intrigue and regressing storyline.

I loved LOST when it was on. Some of the later series get a bit far fetched and it certainly feels like they rushed to the end from series 4 onwards but still good TV.

I loved first series of Homeland, but couldn't get into the second series. I might go back to it soon with the third series starting.

Anyone been watching Peaky Blinders on BBC? 6 part series, one episode left. I think it's been excellent, really pleasantly surprised. The production quality is outstanding; you can really tell there's been a lot of money spent on it - the cast includes Cillian Murphy and Sam Neil among others. It's been tense, dramatic and very violent.

I'd highly recommend it.

Just watched the first few episodes of Brooklyn Nine Nine. Anyone caught it yet? Cop comedy, starring Andy Samberg and that guy from Superbad who ran over Jonah Hill. Love it. Great gags. Heaps of one liners. Much better than that dogshit sitcom Samberg did for the BBC. That was a steamer. B99 has lots of belly laughs. It's only 4 episdoes in, so not much to catch up on.

Also watched the first episode of Hello Ladies, that Steven Merchant thing. Good grief. Awful.

Absolutely destroyed Game of Thrones. Not watched something that quickly in a while.

Really enjoyed the Daenerys and Arya storylines; great ideas. Guessing there's nothing more that needs to be said about whoever plays Tyrian Lannister either at this point.

Both Ned Stark and Catelyn Stark/Owen Hargreaves' deaths were spoiled for me in unfortunate circumstances. I can't think of two worse scenes to have been ruined.

watched most of twin peaks for the first time recently, & its reputation seems absolutely crazy to me. watched ironically i guess its awful soap opera qualities are pretty hilarious & kind of charming, but its attempted artistic moments can't be enjoyed in the same way yet they're just as impossible to take seriously.

watched most of twin peaks for the first time recently, & its reputation seems absolutely crazy to me. watched ironically i guess its awful soap opera qualities are pretty hilarious & kind of charming, but its attempted artistic moments can't be enjoyed in the same way yet they're just as impossible to take seriously.

I've never quite understood Twin Peaks. My mate swears it is amazing. He has Twin Peaks merch and stuff... It just looks and feels really crappy. He probably watches it for the same reason I watch Cheaters. Fun garbage telly.

In fairness to Lynch, you're talking about a series from nearly a quarter century ago. Compared to today, sure it's almost a parody but in it's time, it was unique and groundbreaking

I watched the first 3 episodes of Jericho and had to tun off half way through the 4th. Just the worst dialogue and acting I've ever seen. Would have been a decent idea for a show and I would enjoy watching something similar if done right.

I watched the first 3 episodes of Jericho and had to tun off half way through the 4th. Just the worst dialogue and acting I've ever seen. Would have been a decent idea for a show and I would enjoy watching something similar if done right.

I remember checking out the reviews for each episode on a website (maybe IGN), and the episode reviews went something like; 8, 10, 4.3, 9.2, 2.1, 3.7, 10, 9.6, 4, 6, 10.

It was as if each episode was a completely different show.