Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

I'll go with the singular. But watch both, at the same time, with a few drams too.

I find it hard marathoning one thing, kinda, as you seemingly did with the Sopranos, get a bit drained of them.

What comedies to people rate on here?

I've found that there are comedy shows that I have loved in the past but really aren't that much for now (Family Guy, American Dad, Friends, My Family, South Park, Inbetweeners - perhaps Simpsons and Futurama) - they're easy watches, but I don't find them particularly funny anymore, simply alright.. although I still appreciate the brilliance of Simpsons and Futurama - I just don't laugh a great deal.

But I think that might be because I'm watching the odd episode, Scrubs was in this category of use-to-love and now don't until a few weeks ago, I started marathoning through them and I love it once again. I can't help but think my humour is fickle and changes depending on what I'm watching. Also a number of these programs I didn't like at first (Scrubs, Office US, Parks) but as I watched them grew fond and started to love them - I'm not sure if this is another example of my humour seemingly adapting, or just indicative of the rise in quality as the show goes on, plus I guess you grow to like the characters and jokes seem funnier once you do.

Parks and Recreation I had loved and watched over and over again but half way through last season I got a little fed up of it, and haven't rewatched any of them since or started the new episode. Don't get me wrong, I'd still highly recommend it, but maybe I've just watched too many of them now.

I've never really got fed up of Only Fools and Horses, Faulty Towers, Father Ted, The Office (both versions) and Peep Show once I've become fond of them.

Big Bang Theory I thought was pretty OK when it first started out on E4, but grew to get pretty bored of it after a while. Once it started hitting high ratings and people didn't shut up about it, I grew to have a probably unjustified dislike for it.

Modern Family seems to be in that category - everybody who watches it thinks it is hilarious, I find it nothing more than OK but judge it harshly to try to add some sort of 'balance'.

Archer - one day I love it, I'll watch 5/6 then leave it for a few weeks. I'll watch another, and wonder why I ever liked it.

I've found that there are comedy shows that I have loved in the past but really aren't that much for now (Family Guy, American Dad, Friends, My Family, South Park, Inbetweeners - perhaps Simpsons and Futurama) - they're easy watches, but I don't find them particularly funny anymore, simply alright.. although I still appreciate the brilliance of Simpsons and Futurama - I just don't laugh a great deal.

But I think that might be because I'm watching the odd episode, Scrubs was in this category of use-to-love and now don't until a few weeks ago, I started marathoning through them and I love it once again. I can't help but think my humour is fickle and changes depending on what I'm watching. Also a number of these programs I didn't like at first (Scrubs, Office US, Parks) but as I watched them grew fond and started to love them - I'm not sure if this is another example of my humour seemingly adapting, or just indicative of the rise in quality as the show goes on, plus I guess you grow to like the characters and jokes seem funnier once you do.

Parks and Recreation I had loved and watched over and over again but half way through last season I got a little fed up of it, and haven't rewatched any of them since or started the new episode. Don't get me wrong, I'd still highly recommend it, but maybe I've just watched too many of them now.

I've never really got fed up of Only Fools and Horses, Faulty Towers, Father Ted, The Office (both versions) and Peep Show once I've become fond of them.

Big Bang Theory I thought was pretty OK when it first started out on E4, but grew to get pretty bored of it after a while. Once it started hitting high ratings and people didn't shut up about it, I grew to have a probably unjustified dislike for it.

Modern Family seems to be in that category - everybody who watches it thinks it is hilarious, I find it nothing more than OK but judge it harshly to try to add some sort of 'balance'.

Archer - one day I love it, I'll watch 5/6 then leave it for a few weeks. I'll watch another, and wonder why I ever liked it.

Parks and Rec has improved recently after going a bit stale. I would recommend Party Down to everyone who likes P&R.

I love Archer, Arrested Development, The Thick of It and I actually prefer Extras to The Office. Workaholics is good too.

Sorkin leaves after the fourth season, for what it's worth.
Nothing, piss off.
:lol:
Parks and Rec has improved recently after going a bit stale. I would recommend Party Down to everyone who likes P&R.

I love Archer, Arrested Development, The Thick of It and I actually prefer Extras to The Office. Workaholics is good too.
Same here concerning the last sentence, except that I prefer The Office to Extras. What's Party Down about?

Same here concerning the last sentence, except that I prefer The Office to Extras. What's Party Down about?

It's about a failed group of actors who works as caterets in Hollywood. It has got Adam Scott, Megan Mullaby from Parks & Rec and Paul Rudd is one of the creators. A really underrated gem of a show imo.

I'm caught up on Parks and Recreation except the start (1 episode?) of season 6.

Arrested Development and Community I watched all of, but mostly have only seem each episode once. It's not my sense of humour, they're good and easy watches but I don't think either are particularly special. I know only a few people feel like this though.

Extras is awesome - though I prefer Office, but both are great.

Workaholics I've only seen season 1, thought it was decent, very hit and miss though. The first episode I loved but it went a little downhill for me.

It's about a failed group of actors who works as caterets in Hollywood. It has got Adam Scott, Megan Mullaby from Parks & Rec and Paul Rudd is one of the creators. A really underrated gem of a show imo.
Cheers, I'll have to check it out. I like Paul Rudd and Adam Scott, and Megan Mullaly, if she's the one you're talking about, was great in Parks. Makes me think of Tina Fey a lot thought.
Arrested Development and Community I watched all of, but mostly have only seem each episode once. It's not my sense of humour, they're good and easy watches but I don't think either are particularly special. I know only a few people feel like this though.
Community is special at times with its overly meta tones, but very basic sitcom at others.

AD though I think is really special, not especially cos of style but because of its extremely good writing that sets it apart from any other sitcom.

Have you watched 30 Rock yet? Should try that.

An internet favorite is Archer. That show is brilliant and the funniest show that's still ongoing.

A new comedy with Andy Samberg is alright so far, 2 episodes in. Brooklyn Nine Nine. It's not great but it's good enough to watch. It could go either way though in the future.

American Dad is still good. Was always the best MacFarlane show and hasn't gone to the toilet like Family Guy has. It just started again and the plot is quite...nasty.

If you're a bit of a geek you might like the first seasons of Robot Chicken.

I'm caught up on Parks and Recreation except the start (1 episode?) of season 6.

Extras is awesome - though I prefer Office, but both are great.

Workaholics I've only seen season 1, thought it was decent, very hit and miss though. The first episode I loved but it went a little downhill for me.

I reckon The Thick of It will be right up your street.

So far thanks to Netflix and glorious 'Super HD' I've started watching Weeds, Justified and Dexter. I think by previously focusing on one show and watching the entire thing in as little time as possible I was slightly spoiling the for myself. This way I have a few things to choose from each night.

Also started watching Jericho last night. OK opener kinda spoilt by a really cheesy speech at the end.

Also, Weeds is great.

Thanks for ruining the expectations.

I'm sorry, it's a show I enjoyed at first, and lost interest in incredibly fast. I think I'm exaggerating when I say one season (I watched one season and a half, I know some of my friends watched more than that) but I think it becomes really silly after a while.

The Returned (Les Revenants) is fecking awesome.

Seriously people, you should watch it.

So, Carnivale or Battlestar Galactica?

I've never really watched any space sci-fi TV series, wasn't a fan of Star Trek as a kid but love all the Star Wars films. I've read quite a lot of sci-fi books in recent years and love the new Star Trek reboot - just never a TV series. It'd have to have more to it than just pure sci-fi, great characters and nice side plots and shiz.

What say you Cafe?

I've never really watched any space sci-fi TV series, wasn't a fan of Star Trek as a kid but love all the Star Wars films. I've read quite a lot of sci-fi books in recent years and love the new Star Trek reboot - just never a TV series. It'd have to have more to it than just pure sci-fi, great characters and nice side plots and shiz.

What say you Cafe?

Battlestar seems quite good so far. I'm on s01e05 - but the first 2 are 90mins each. It's a wee butting cheesey in places but it surprises sometimes and seems bold in that it will do what it wants rather than what is expected.

I like it. It also doesn't have stupid alien characters as well, which I like a lot. Well so far anyway.

Never seen the other one.

What say you Cafe?

both!

if u have to choose only one... i would start with carnivale, shorter.

I saw an add for a new show last night that's starting Friday on Sky, The Blacklist. The trailor for the pilot looked ok and it's got some decent reviews on imdb.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2741602/

Did you watch it? Was it any good? Looks kinda interesting, but also looks like it could get tiresome and cheesy from reading the plot and seeing the ads.

I sky plus'd it ONO. I'll give it a whirl during the week and let you know.

Last series I watched on TV (Not downloading), was Alcatraz, I quite enjoyed it but then it was cancelled after one season, this looks slightly similar in ways so don't want to invest time in it for the same to happen.

Last series I watched on TV (Not downloading), was Alcatraz, I quite enjoyed it but then it was cancelled after one season, this looks slightly similar in ways so don't want to invest time in it for the same to happen.

I was going to watch Alcatraz but got put off when they cancelled it, do they finish the story or is it left hanging?

I was going to watch Alcatraz but got put off when they cancelled it, do they finish the story or is it left hanging?

Left hanging, the last few episodes of it just left a shitload of questions, discovering new things, and sly goings on. You're left with about a billion different questions.

I hate putting the time into thing and they get cancelled, done it a few times now.

Yeah, LOST was disappointing in the end too, put time into that, quit before it finished and glad I did :lol: Still wasted too much time on it.

It's why I have purposely waited till Breaking Bad finished completely, going to watch that over the next couple of months.

Yeah, LOST was disappointing in the end too, put time into that, quit before it finished and glad I did :lol: Still wasted too much time on it.

It's why I have purposely waited till Breaking Bad finished completely, going to watch that over the next couple of months.

Yeah I am going to do that.
I watched every one of Lost and was disappointed at the end.
Watching under the dome now, it is OK, it has a second season, so hopefully they will finish it.

Yeah I am going to do that.
I watched every one of Lost and was disappointed at the end.
Watching under the dome now, it is OK, it has a second season, so hopefully they will finish it.

Like, The Simpsons Movie? :lol:

I might try that actually, could be interesting, I also fancy Revolution, seen the first couple of episodes when it started but then was always too busy to follow it.

So, my misses has been saying recently how everybody at her office is mad on Fringe.. she wants to watch it, it doesn't seem her thing but whatever.

What do we think of it on here?

I've seen bits of it before, and it just seemed okay, pretty average - I'm not huge on aliens and shit when it comes to TV dramas, I'm right in thinking that's what it's like?

Also, what do we think of Supernatural? Watched the first 3 episodes a few years back - it seemed pretty good, but again, nothing particularly great.

Fringe has 100 episodes and Supernatural 175 - I don't want to get into either if they're not worth the effort..
I've recently watched all 5 series of Fringe and enjoyed it, not the greatest tv ever made but certainly watchable. As has been said, John Noble is very good throughout. It's also one of the few shows I've watched recently that I felt had a proper ending with everything pretty much sorted out and explained.

I'm working through all 5 series myself, got 1 more episode of season 3 to watch tomorrow.

I might try that actually, could be interesting, I also fancy Revolution, seen the first couple of episodes when it started but then was always too busy to follow it.

I watched it all, wasn't bad at all. Noticed the other day that the whole of season 1 is already on Netflix.

I'm working through all 5 series myself, got 1 more episode of season 3 to watch tomorrow.

I watched it all, wasn't bad at all. Noticed the other day that the whole of season 1 is already on Netflix.

Think I'll get the first season of Breaking Bad tomorrow and see how it goes for me, probably watch all season 1 in a day :lol:

Reckon Revolution has a few seasons left or you think it could be a possible cancellation job without it getting to the end itself?

I watched the first episode of Fringe but didn't really pay full attention to it, it seemed decent but not great.. I said I wasn't hugely fussed about it, so the misses has gone and watched it alone (also said the pilot was merely 'decent') but has ended up watching 12 this week.. So maybe I've missed a trick, although she does like some absolute shit (Gossip Girl!!)

So, Peaky Blinders is meant to be awesome. Only 4 episodes so I can probably watch all them and then start Battlestar or Carnivale tomorow. Still haven't decided which, Battlestar is on Netflix so is more convenient but there is a lot more episodes to get through.

Me and the misses started watching the US version of Shameless today. We both really enjoyed the pilot, she came in never seeing the original though whereas I've seen lots of them. Obviously it's trying to be the original, which sometimes can be really frustrating (US Office pilot/s01) but it didn't bother me at all here. It seems good fun, anybody here watched it?

It was good. Some annoying characters and I can't see it ever getting past good but worthy of a watch.