Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

It took me a while to get into Mr. Inbetween. But by the end of it i thought its was one of the better tv shows i've seen.

It took me a while to get into Mr. Inbetween. But by the end of it i thought its was one of the better tv shows i've seen.

Maybe I'll give it another. I tried to get into the first season a few years ago but the first few episodes didn't do much for me and i gave it up. Does the writing get better?

Maybe I'll give it another. I tried to get into the first season a few years ago but the first few episodes didn't do much for me and i gave it up. Does the writing get better?
The writing is awesome including season one. Very different from US and even UK shows/scripts but surprisingly authentic (language/banter).

The writing is awesome including season one. Very different from US and even UK shows/scripts but surprisingly authentic (language/banter).

I already know you love it! But I don't always agree with your takes on shows/movies. Sometimes i think you're spot on and other times i think you are way way off so wanted some elses opinion that had a harder time getting into it haha.

I already know you love it! But I don't always agree with your takes on shows/movies. Sometimes i think you're spot on and other times i think you are way way off so wanted some elses opinion that had a harder time getting into it haha.
No odds to me if you like it or not, we can't all like/dislike the same things, but the script writing in terms of the dialogue is fairly authentic (with obvious dramatic additions), and even filmed in the neighborhood (and surrounds) where I lived at the time. However, if does feel very different from the cartoonish Aussie stuff you often see on TV as well as very different from US and UK programs.

Last edited:
If you don't like Mr. Inbetween then you have terrible taste.

Not really. Stays much the same. Its just well developed (?) i think. Characters keep surprising you and it feels genuine, it doesn't hold its punches or give you nice, crowd pleasing resolutions and is better for it i think
It just grew on me.
I probably would have given up if it wasn't raved about so often on here but i'm glad i stuck with it.

No odds to me if you like it or not, we can't all like/dislike the same things, but the script writing in terms of the dialogue is fairly authentic (with obvious dramatic additions), and even filmed in the neighborhood (and surrounds) where I lived at the time. However, if does feel very different from the cartoonish Aussie stuff you often see on TV as well as very different from US and UK programs.

I think that plays into it to some degree. You live in Aussieland so I can see how you view it differently, just like I love crime movies that take place in Los Angeles because I live in LA so I can relate to nuances that people in Aussieland might not get the same way. For instance, I enjoyed Barry more than Mr. Inbetween after a few episodes and Barry takes place in LA so I can see why that would appeal to me more.

Not really. Stays much the same. Its just well developed (?) i think. Characters keep surprising you and it feels genuine, it doesn't hold its punches or give you nice, crowd pleasing resolutions and is better for it i think
It just grew on me.
I probably would have given up if it wasn't raved about so often on here but i'm glad i stuck with it.

Thanks, this is good info. I'll try to give it a shot again and hope it grows on me.

Finished season 2 of Kin. Loved it and I hope tbey get to make series 3 and 4.

Finally finished Gaslit Last night. It was great and well worth a watch.

Started Ludwig last night with David Mitchell and it is very promising so far.

If you like cheap, crap CGI, terrible acting, crap storylines, bad science, clichéd characters, and characters who flip personalities every couple of scenes. The Ark, on Sci-Fi is perfect.

There is never a real mystery, if someone jumps out of an airlock, another character will say to every other character who just seen it "Dave just jumped out the airlock" :lol:

Absolutely terrible.

10/10

Watching Slow Horses series 4. Still very good indeed and as usual Gary Oldman steals the show.
Molly, the lady in the wheelchair seems like a take off of Connie Sachs in the le Carre Smiley series.

Just finished the Menendez Brothers series. Pretty good, though the pacing felt like a bit of a grind in the middle. Probably could have axed at least one whole episode and not lost anything.

Great acting performances though. Particularly the brothers. The young lad who plays Lyle is pretty unknown, he's only done a soap opera and some teen flick before being in this. I thought he stole the show.

Finished season 2 of Kin. Loved it and I hope tbey get to make series 3 and 4.

Finally finished Gaslit Last night. It was great and well worth a watch.

Started Ludwig last night with David Mitchell and it is very promising so far.
If you like kin watch love/hate

Kaos cancelled by Netflix. Arseholes.

I was sure this was going to happen tbh. I watched the first few episodes and put this firmly into the "fun but meh" category. Couldn't be bothered to finish. A big name star, big budget but a measly 7.5 on IMDB and lukewarm critical reviews. I'm not surprised it didn't get enough viewers. Shows like this are prime material for the chop if they don't come strong out the gate...

I still thank god we got 3 complete seasons of Dark though. That kind of cerebral TV rarely survives long on Netflix. Mindhunter for example...

Last edited:
I was sure this was going to happen tbh. I watched the first few episodes and put this firmly into the "fun but meh" category. Couldn't be bothered to finish. A big name star, big budget but a measly 7.5 on IMDB and lukewarm critical reviews. I'm not surprised it didn't get enough viewers. Shows like this are prime material for the chop if they don't come strong out the gate...

I still thank god we got 3 complete seasons of Dark though. That kind of cerebral TV rarely survives long on Netflix. Mindhunter for example...
I'd say because Dark is a foreign show it probably already has a higher chance of survival to start. There are several other examples like Scandinavian, French or Spanish productions that have been renewed multiple times over. Had they been part of the American mix im pretty sure many would have gotten canceled as well. The volume of English productions is so high and the attention span of American viewers in turn so low that Netflix in some way undercuts itself.

Just started watching Raised by Wolves. Two episodes in and I'm really enjoying the premise and characters.
Seems to have gone under the radar .

Smashing through the 3rd and latest season of Industry.

What current tv shows are better than it? I don't know how it isn't bigger and more talked about. It's fecking great.

Just started watching Raised by Wolves. Two episodes in and I'm really enjoying the premise and characters.
Seems to have gone under the radar .
We enjoyed season 1 but season 2 wasn't as good imo. After hearing that it had been cancelled I don't think we even bothered finishing S2.

Watched the first two episodes of a new one called Teacup. Horror mystery type of thing. Interesting premise: weird things start happening in the vicinity of a few farmhouses (power outage, animals acting strange, a little kid walks into the woods and comes back talking gibberish), then someone in a gasmask turns up, draws a line around the properties and holds up a sign saying "Don't cross the line".

Then even weirder shit happens.

Smashing through the 3rd and latest season of Industry.

What current tv shows are better than it? I don't know how it isn't bigger and more talked about. It's fecking great.
Said this in the Industry thread as well. Top 3 shows of the year for me. Season 3 has really elevated it to top tier status.

Kaos is brilliant. Pity the cancelled it. Didnt get watched enough in the States i believe.

Been watching Sweetpea on Sky. It's great fun and the actress is brilliant in the role.

Finished Swowfall last week and I can't speak highly enough of it, felt like a great movie that stretched out over 6 seasons.