Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Just saw the first episode of Monsieur Spade and quite like it. I hope the remaining episodes live up to it.

Took a while to get used to the fact that certain scenes were flashback scenes but apart from that solid episode.
Just gotten around to watching this now. 4 episodes in. Some of the dialogue is really good, worthy of Dashiell Hammett. Great cast, love these (new to my eyes) actors. Cara Bossom (Teresa) is going to turn into a movie star. She's still very young (19) but has a timeless look about her, you would believe her in any era. Oscar Lesage (Henri), Stanley Weber (Jean-Pierre), Denis Menochet (Chief of Police) - all excellent and bi-lingual. It's a decent "mystery" so far, Clive Owen is doing a good update on Bogart's performance of Sam Spade in The Maltese Falcon.

Surprised it's on AMC. They kinda dropped the ball on "prestige" TV after they had such a runaway hit with The Walking Dead. Also surprising how many times we have to see Clive Owen's arse. Of all the arses in this show, his has to be among the last you'd elect to see.

Slight complaint is too many characters are discussed who are off-camera and you can't keep straight who is who, and with the flashbacks, sometimes you can't tell who is who and where they are (Algeria, Bouzouls).

It's been quite enjoyable though.

Don't you mean 1? The US one was shit.
Having loved the UK one (Christmas episode was brilliant/legendary TV), I didn’t watch the US one until a year or so ago.. despite my daughter nagging me to watch it.

It’s different but it’s very good. The depth of decent characters is better in the US one for me, probably because the number of seasons allows them to grow… Uk one (brilliant) is like Fawlty Towers, quality over quantity.

It was cheesy US rubbish. A vehicle for Steve Carell to gurn. A pale shadow of the original.

The UK show doesn't compare to the greatness of the US office. The gurning comment applies far more to Gervais as well.

I call for a threadban, this can't be allowed to stand it's not right.

I’m gonna give Time Bandits a recommend. It’s got Taiki Waititi’s hands all over it so go in expecting his sense of humour. Which I’ll admit has always worked for me. Lisa Kudrow is the star of the show, reminding us she still has great comic timing but all the cast are very watchable. The whole premise works really well in an episodic format, as they jump from era to era, place to place with Apple’s filthy riches well spent on some solid CGI and set design. Some Monty Python vibes too. One to watch and enjoy with your kids.

Just watched the first episode and yeah it's quite funny but no surprise there with Taika Waititi and Jemaine Clement involved.

I loved the original film but I can't help feel there's a distinct lack of little people in the series.

Can't disagree more US version more than hold its own against UK version .

Agree. I was expecting it to be awful but it's very entertaining. At this point I'd rate the US one higher as I'm over Gervais (well truth to be told I can't stand the cnut) and the cringe schtick hasn't aged so well for me.