Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Anyone seen Kaos on netflix, new TV series with Jeff Goldblum? Worth a watch?
About half way through and I'm enjoying it. Occasionally a bit up its own arse, a bit too pleased with itself. But still watchable.

Been reading good things about Wyatt Earp and the Cowboy War on Netflix. Gonna give it a go, Ed Harris is usually good in things.
Finished this the other day. Surprisingly entertaining. It is difficult to make reenactments in docudramas both interesting and not-cringey but they've done an impressive job with this. Good acting, fitting music and slick editing.

Got through The Terror, just. It started off promising but ran out of steam towards the last couple of episodes.

Some questionable accent deviations
Season 1 was excellent in every way, season 2 was good in parts , agreed it lost its way a bit, but still a good watch.
Just read there is a 3rd season next year.

Finding Bad Monkey on Apple TV pretty enjoyable. Nice blend of funny and mystery. Very 90's.

I don't often re-watch shows but I'm doing it with The Wire. I never appreciated how good season 2 actually is the first time round.

I don't often re-watch shows but I'm doing it with The Wire. I never appreciated how good season 2 actually is the first time round.
Yes it's great, but the leap from the blocks to the docks was too harsh on the first watch. On re-watches it doesn't matter anymore.

Presumed Innocent was excellent. I assumed that having read the book and watched the 1990 film would spoilt this but I was wrong. It was very good indeed.

Started watching The Wire for the first time. Really loving it so far.

Also started watching Stranger Things, what an amazing show.

How have I not watched these shows before.

Started watching The Wire for the first time. Really loving it so far.

Also started watching Stranger Things, what an amazing show.

How have I not watched these shows before.
Stranger Things gets poor the more you watch it. It just turns silly in my opinion.

The Wire is great. I'm actually enjoying it more the second time around strangely. Although when Avon starts eating KFC, I start getting hungry :lol:

Kaos was good. Hopefully it gets a second series.
Finished it last night. Really well done but I wish I knew a bit more Greek mythology for added context. Not required but I think you would get even more out of it.

Finished it last night. Really well done but I wish I knew a bit more Greek mythology for added context. Not required but I think you would get even more out of it.
I listened to the audiobook "Mythos" read by its author Stephen Fry a few months ago, it helped big time when watching KAOS which was fairly decent. Loved the chats between Zeus & Prometheus. I also got 2 questions regarding Greek mythology correct on the Chase, back of the net!

Last edited:
Just watched 2 episodes of The Old Man with Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow at the recommendation of a friend who's very much into spy thrillers. FX apparently was slow to start work on a S2 but its about to come out in a few days time.

And..holy shit how did this show fly under the radar so much ? Maybe bc it's on FX....dunno. But I'm very intrigued so far. Give it a look.

I seem to remember The Old Man started strong and just kept descending into terribleness, especially the last episode or two if I recall.

Presumed Innocent was worth watching.

Ah that sucks. Guess I'll watch S1 thru to the end and then decide whether I'm interested in picking up S2
I remember it being less good at the end of S1 but good enough to make me want to watch season 2 - which could go either way imo. It could resolve some things that frustrated at the end of S1 or it could jump the shark (or confirm that it already has). We will see.

Finally got around to binging all three seasons of Slow Horses ahead of s4 coming out and it's fecking outstanding! I loved The Bureau and Slow Horses is up there in my top European shows. I know a few people have recommended it but now I'm even trying to resist getting the novels because I'm so addicted to the characters. Thanks to all of you who kept mentioning it and keeping on my mind.

I have watched the first 2 episodes of series 4 of Slow Horses.
The brilliant Gary Oldham is back as obnoxious as ever thank goodness because he is the glue holding the programme together.
The second episode was a bit convoluted. But it is on of the best series for some time.

Started watching Night Sleeper on iPlayer this afternoon, ended up binge watching 4 episodes of it, starts on BBC1 at 9 in case you want to watch it weekly.

Started watching Night Sleeper on iPlayer this afternoon, ended up binge watching 4 episodes of it, starts on BBC1 at 9 in case you want to watch it weekly.

Just watched the first episode I preferred Hijack on Apple which is kinda similar but this seems a decent dumb fun watch too

I'm rewatching Fallout again at the moment, it's even better the second time round. I missed a lot of little details on my first watch through.

I remember it being less good at the end of S1 but good enough to make me want to watch season 2 - which could go either way imo. It could resolve some things that frustrated at the end of S1 or it could jump the shark (or confirm that it already has). We will see.
First 2 episodes were watchable.

I re-watched the first season of The Sinner.
Since I vaguely remembered the ending it was a bit hard to watch every second of it without fast forwarding aat times,

But it's still a very good show upon watch

I have watched the first 2 episodes of series 4 of Slow Horses.
The brilliant Gary Oldham is back as obnoxious as ever thank goodness because he is the glue holding the programme together.
The second episode was a bit convoluted. But it is on of the best series for some time.

I'm trying to wait until its all out so I can binge it but we'll see if I make it waiting that long.

The Office.

We’ve had two great versions and the Australian version is coming.

Now I know I’ve only watched the two minute trailer BUT I’m going out on a limb to say… … … two’s your lot people.

Which of them is going to be doing this shit every 40 seconds?

l-intro-1625883240.jpg