Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Don't get the love for Sugar. It was okay until the idiotic twist towards the end. It cheapened the whole show. So silly.
I was concerned but ended up enjoying the last 2 episodes far more than I thought I would. Looking forward to series 2, rather to my surprise.

Started watching Homeland on Disney+. Yes I know I'm 10 years late but really enjoying it so far

watched the rest of Godzilla minus one yday, i actually quite enjoyed, then moved on (thx to netflix recommendations) a series ive never of.. Gyeongseong Creature. ended binging the 1st 3 episodes. the mixing of supernatural horror with real world socio-politics is very well done, if a bit overdone in places.

Was bored the other day and needed some background noise so to speak: started rewatching House from S1 on.

Incredibly the first season came out 20 years and yet it really doesn't feel dated much at all. Such a great show (to me anyway). Also interesting to hear some time capsule like jokes or jokes that wouldnt fly today.

Just finished 22.11.63 on Prime. It's a fantastic watch even if you have very little interest in American history or time travel narratives.

I'm sure Barry will have been recommended countless times in this thread. But if you haven't seen it yet - do it.

Just finished the second season of Interview With The Vampire (on iPlayer) and cannot recommend this enough. Not sure why it hasn't had much fanfare, but IMO it is a gripping soty with outstanding performances from the cast.

Really recommend it.

Finally gave Severance a chance and binged it all in one day. What a crazy final episode!

I love the production, great cinematography. I imagine it really captures NYC of the 80s
I'd agree. I enjoyed it but I was a bit underwhelmed overall (not by the cinematography). Not sure why but I was left with a "was that it" feeling. Not really sure why.

Last edited:
I'd agree. I enjoyed it but I was a bit underwhelmed overall (not by the cinematography). Not sure why but I was left with a "was that it" feeling. Not really sure why.
I think this is and has been the problem with many shows. Great plot but they play too safe with the ending or simply just have no idea how to end the story.

Regarding Eric, I felt the same as you. Maybe they couldn't decide was it a story of a missing kid or a story about an unstable alcoholic father. Then we got left with a lukewarm Disney ending.

Same. For me, the storyline was lacking somewhat. I also think the goofiness of his hallucinations put me off a little.

I wouldn't give it any higher than a 6/10.

Been reading good things about Wyatt Earp and the Cowboy War on Netflix. Gonna give it a go, Ed Harris is usually good in things.

Been reading good things about Wyatt Earp and the Cowboy War on Netflix. Gonna give it a go, Ed Harris is usually good in things.
Isn't that kind of a documentary mixed with acted scenes like the Julius Caesar, Cleopatra etc docs were? If yes I should watch it bc I love that kind of stuff.

Isn't that kind of a documentary mixed with acted scenes like the Julius Caesar, Cleopatra etc docs were? If yes I should watch it bc I love that kind of stuff.
Yeah, apparently so. Ed Harris isn't actually in it, he's the narrator.

From the first episode it seems to be 75% acted scenes, 25% talking heads and narration. Good first episode though.

Got through The Terror, just. It started off promising but ran out of steam towards the last couple of episodes.

Some questionable accent deviations

Got through The Terror, just. It started off promising but ran out of steam towards the last couple of episodes.

Some questionable accent deviations
Season 1 or Season 2? I love S1, not so much S2. Though one the mystery was gone a bit toward the end it wasn't nearly as engaging.

Season 1 or Season 2? I love S1, not so much S2. Though one the mystery was gone a bit toward the end it wasn't nearly as engaging.
When they finally showed the Beast... looked like that big soft dog thing from Never Ending Story

Finished episode 6 of Sugar.

927i2m.jpg

Wtf. I thought I was watching Diet Bosch and apparently it's po-faced Resident Alien.

Finished episode 6 of Sugar.

927i2m.jpg

Wtf. I thought I was watching Diet Bosch and apparently it's po-faced Resident Alien.

I know! I'm still undecided if I loved or hated the twist. Probably depends on S2 if I give it a 80% chance I'm going to end up not liking the twist and would have preferred a straight noir

I know! I'm still undecided if I loved or hated the twist. Probably depends on S2 if I give it a 80% chance I'm going to end up not liking the twist and would have preferred a straight noir
S2 could be great or a disaster or anywhere in-between. After the reveal (which I'd suspected after the existence of a twist was revealed in here) I thought I'd hate it but I actually enjoyed the last 2 episodes so you never know.

S2 could be great or a disaster or anywhere in-between. After the reveal (which I'd suspected after the existence of a twist was revealed in here) I thought I'd hate it but I actually enjoyed the last 2 episodes so you never know.

True, I enjoyed it more than if you told me what the twist would be before I started watching. Will have to wait and see on this one

Anyone seen Kaos on netflix, new TV series with Jeff Goldblum? Worth a watch?

Anyone seen Kaos on netflix, new TV series with Jeff Goldblum? Worth a watch?
Watched the first episode and liked it. Goldblum is Goldblum, he's always entertaining.

Edit: Rest of the cast is great too. David Thewlis as Hades and just realised Prometheus is Stannis!

Last edited: