Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

I think it speaks volumes about how awful a partner Solius is.

When he talks about being head of the club she’s incredibly dismissive and basically shouts at him :lol: I couldn’t see why it was so bad. Anyway I’m on season 2 and she’s less of a twat now.

Started watching this based on your recommendation. Halfway through -- I didn't realise that it was based on When Heroes Fly. I would never have guessed. The backstories are quite different.

Oh I’ll have to check out When Heroes Fly. It’s shame I’m waiting weekly for new episodes of Slow Horses and Echo 3 as well as finishing season 2 of Tehran. Series 3 of Jack Ryan is imminent elsewhere over the break.

This sounds a bit pretentious but like for the last month all I’ve done is watch K-dramas on Netflix and I still don’t understand a word of Korean but feck me the shows are good.

Alchemy of Souls
Backstreet Rookie
My Name (best thing on Netflix)
Hwrang
Live up to your name

I did fit in Sandman and some other crap but highly recommended having a look through the K drama section.
Started alchemy of souls and got through season 1 in a breeze
It's fantastic. And has some great hilarious moments

Started alchemy of souls and got through season 1 in a breeze
It's fantastic. And has some great hilarious moments
Yeah it has a bit of everything, part 2 started last week. Release an episode on a Saturday and Sunday. It’s a little darker but still has some funny moments.

I recently discovered Barry. It's really very good indeed.

Started it last night. Wasn't expecting th3 humor angle, but it's kinda cute.

Condor is better. Will they be making a season three?
Don’t know bout season three but what I do know is there is a ton of spook shows out there. Homeland of course then Berlin Station being really good along with new ones like the Old Man with Jeff Bridges, Slow Horses, Condor and the Recruit. I would put the Old Man as the best of the new ones.

Don’t know bout season three but what I do know is there is a ton of spook shows out there. Homeland of course then Berlin Station being really good along with new ones like the Old Man with Jeff Bridges, Slow Horses, Condor and the Recruit. I would put the Old Man as the best of the new ones.
Agree.

The Devil’s Hour - dear christ, what a slog watching that was. Sloth like pace with no redeeming value at the end of it. Wanted it to be enjoyable, but it was just awful.
I’m about 20 mins in the first episode. Is it really this bad? If it is I might leave it totally.

I’m about 20 mins in the first episode. Is it really this bad? If it is I might leave it totally.
It just wasn’t for me. Could have done the same in four episodes. I’m not a particular fan of the genre, so such shows / movies have to grab me early. I’d suggest getting through the first episode & deciding.

It just wasn’t for me. Could have done the same in four episodes. I’m not a particular fan of the genre, so such shows / movies have to grab me early. I’d suggest getting through the first episode & deciding.
Thanks - I'll finish the first ep at least.

I am really enjoying Tulsa King wich is something i didnt expect at all. Stallone is tailor made for this role..

Yeah it has a bit of everything, part 2 started last week. Release an episode on a Saturday and Sunday. It’s a little darker but still has some funny moments.
Thanks. Started this and can't wait to see where it goes (esp with the three year gap)

This might be blasphemy but I saw the first part with English dubbing :lol:

Thanks. Started this and can't wait to see where it goes (esp with the three year gap)

This might be blasphemy but I saw the first part with English dubbing :lol:

Yeah I saw they recently released part 1 with English dubs. I’m too used to the actors now to change. The prince is always funny or his interactions with Mu-Deok. Master Lee as well, in fact there are lots of good characters.

I’m sure I read you saying earlier in a thread that Warrior Nun has been cancelled. The feckers, it just got really interesting. That 2nd season was alright.

Anyone watched Justified? I've had it added to the watch list on Prime for nearly at least 2 years but never bothered with it. Worth a go?

Anyone watched Justified? I've had it added to the watch list on Prime for nearly at least 2 years but never bothered with it. Worth a go?

I watched it when it first came out. Loved it then. The protagonist is an anachronism -- a gunslinging cowboy/sheriff in modern times --- and then incestuous relationships they have in the South between the law and the Crims/Far Right elements. Dark humour mixed in with drama.

It’s well rated here (Caf) as well as ‘here’ (my neck of the woods stateside). Rare instance of the lead being born to play the role and having several seasons (series) with little dip in quality (bar one season(series)).

(apologies for all the ()).

It’s well rated here (Caf) as well as ‘here’ (my neck of the woods stateside). Rare instance of the lead being born to play the role and having several seasons (series) with little dip in quality (bar one season(series)).

At least you are grammatically conscientious.

I have a few like this that just haven't gotten to. I've maybe done one or 2 episodes but there was also something better and it didn't stick immediately. Justified, SOA and Ray Donovan are the 3 that come to mind, but there are quite a few.

I've put them all in the "if I have nothing else to watch" category, so chances are it will be there for a while.

I watched it when it first came out. Loved it then. The protagonist is an anachronism -- a gunslinging cowboy/sheriff in modern times --- and then incestuous relationships they have in the South between the law and the Crims/Far Right elements. Dark humour mixed in with drama.

Thanks guys. I instantly thought of Deadwood with the gunslinger sherif (also played by Olyphant!) But guessing this is more Son's of Anarchy? Not a bad thing as I loved that show! Got some downtime over Xmas so I'll make a start watching it.

It’s one of my favourite shows - excellent tv.

Season 1 is one of the weaker seasons (but still great tele). Seasons 2, 3, 4, 6 are fantastic - with season 4 being one of the best seasons of tv I’ve seen. Season 5 is the worst season.

Watch it.

Raylan Givens is one of the coolest feckers in TV.

And then there's Walton Goggins as Boyd Crowder, one of the slimiest characters in TV.

Great show.

So has anyone seen The Devil’s Hour? I just finished it and really enjoyed it. It was a little slow in parts, but overall I thought it was very intriguing and more importantly, set up in a way where they can really expand the story in season 2 & 3.

Thoroughly enjoying Tulsa King. Thanks for those who recommended it.

I actually thought it was 6 episodes long, but I believe there is 4 episodes to come.
And it's been renewed for a 2nd season.

Must say, I am pleasantly surprised by Stallone in this one. He is perfectly cast for it.

Yeah I saw they recently released part 1 with English dubs. I’m too used to the actors now to change. The prince is always funny or his interactions with Mu-Deok. Master Lee as well, in fact there are lots of good characters.

I’m sure I read you saying earlier in a thread that Warrior Nun has been cancelled. The feckers, it just got really interesting. That 2nd season was alright.
Yeah enjoyed warrior nun and see there is a campaign to save it.

Took me a while to see this without mu-deok in season 2. Mu-deok was cheeky and had good interactions with the main characters.

I've enjoyed S2 so far though can't quite see where they are going as opposed to S1

Yeah enjoyed warrior nun and see there is a campaign to save it.

Took me a while to see this without mu-deok in season 2. Mu-deok was cheeky and had good interactions with the main characters.

I've enjoyed S2 so far though can't quite see where they are going as opposed to S1

Yeah she was really good, kind of felt the same but Bu-Jeong is growing on me. The actress playing her is starting to have those similar interactions.