Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Started LOTR: Rings Of Power and struggling to really get into it. I’m 3 episodes in and just wondering if it’s one of those that gets better as the season progresses otherwise might just patch it. I remember it came out roughly the same time as the HBO GOT spinoff show House Of The Dragon and by far House Of The Dragon looks to be the superior show out of the two.

Started LOTR: Rings Of Power and struggling to really get into it. I’m 3 episodes in and just wondering if it’s one of those that gets better as the season progresses otherwise might just patch it. I remember it came out roughly the same time as the HBO GOT spinoff show House Of The Dragon and by far House Of The Dragon looks to be the superior show out of the two.
It is, by miles too

Been a while since I brought this up, but ‘Five Days at Memorial’ on Apple TV is just stellar. The lengths that the show went to as closely approximate as possible the horror that Hurricane Katrina wrought on New Orleans & the hospital & staffers were breathtaking.
Deciding to give this a watch now, been putting it off. Pity I haven't been able to get the 4k though.

City on the Hill
The Orville
Slow Horses
Five days at memorial.

That's currently all on my agenda this week. Not sure if you've seen them. Also Jack Ryan.

But you probably watched them all already.

Ta. Not seen any of them. Justified has got decent reviews and all.

Ta. Not seen any of them. Justified has got decent reviews and all.
Justified you want to take if you looking for the long haul.

All those I've said recommended shouldn't take you long to finish.

City on the Hill is a interest one, hasn't gotten a lot of attention but it's pretty decent. Kevin Bacon plays he's part so well, too a fault.

The Orville, if you feeling for some light hearted sci-fi. But nothing mind blowing, just enjoyable.

Slow horse. Has been brilliant, will be watching season 2 and been putting it off cause I don't want it to end.

Right now watching Five days, will review once done.

Jack Ryan for the spy stuff, good watch and storyline.

Watch Breaking bad, when you finish it, rewatch it, after you are done, start the wire and as soon as you realize how low it is compared to Breaking Bad, start watching Breaking Bad again!

All those I've said recommended shouldn't take you long to finish.

City on the Hill is a interest one, hasn't gotten a lot of attention but it's pretty decent. Kevin Bacon plays he's part so well, too a fault.

The Orville, if you feeling for some light hearted sci-fi. But nothing mind blowing, just enjoyable.

Slow horse. Has been brilliant, will be watching season 2 and been putting it off cause I don't want it to end.

Right now watching Five days, will review once done.

I've not got Apple TV at the moment but Slow Horses is appealing. I watched an episode ages ago and found it very convoluted though. Have you seen Fargo?

Speaking as a LotR fan, Tolkien nerd and also GRRM nerd choose House of the Dragon and ditch Rings of Power. I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed RoP but HotD is far superior.

Speaking as a LotR fan, Tolkien nerd and also GRRM nerd choose House of the Dragon and ditch Rings of Power. I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed RoP but HotD is far superior.

Yeah I’ve seen HotD but only watched 3 episodes so far of RoP and it just feels very underwhelming. Considering the budget they had for it, they’ve done an Ed Woodward and just blown it terribly :lol: . I’ll give it two more episodes before deciding to stick or ditch.

Yeah I’ve seen HotD but only watched 3 episodes so far of RoP and it just feels very underwhelming. Considering the budget they had for it, they’ve done an Ed Woodward and just blown it terribly :lol: . I’ll give it two more episodes before deciding to stick or ditch.
You may as well watch it through don't get me wrong! Visually it's amazing but it's not enough to cover for the garbage writing. Hopefully they learn a lesson because I think they're sunk in for 5 seasons.

There's a lot of potential there and I hope now that they've taken their time and solidified everyone's story they'll move a bit faster next season onward but I'm not overly confident they'll do anything justice. Anything at all.

You might as well finish it at that point to enjoy the unintended ‘it’s so bad it’s good’ humor. The most hilariously awful moments are in the second half of the season.

Slow horses and Five days at memorial are currently on my list thanks to Caf recommendations.

To the poor bastard considering Rings of Power, you shall only be one thing: disappointed. As were the tens of millions of others who were waiting with baited breath for the show.

If your expectations are in the dirt, you may be pleasantly surprised. Otherwise, be prepared to suffer with the rest of us.

1923 is decent so far. Better spinoff in my opinion than 1883. Africa part seems really intriguing.

Watching White lotus with the missus on HBO.
Quality. Season 2 better than 1 although season 1 is good itself.

Love the scenery, already planning a trip to Sicily, stunning stuff there.
Agreed, season one went nowhere after a great start but the second season builds up really well. The boat scene in the last episode must be the funniest scene I've seen in years.

Also consider Sardegna over Sicily. Less tourism and better beaches.

Watched Justified a while back, not bad but long haul as already said, if you like this you'll probably like Longmire as well

Jack Ryan is essentially a US James Bond or Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible, Reacher on Amazon isn't too bad either

Is it just me that feels that the Bear was way overrated? Nothing much really seems to happen and the camera work was ropey at times. I got about halfway through and gave up

Is it just me that feels that the Bear was way overrated? Nothing much really seems to happen and the camera work was ropey at times. I got about halfway through and gave up
Was decent, watchable. Overrated for sure.

Don't know if it's been mentioned on here but Wakefield is a masterpiece. The Aussies have been making some great TV lately despite being shite at cricket.

Don't know if it's been mentioned on here but Wakefield is a masterpiece. The Aussies have been making some great TV lately despite being shite at cricket.
Haven't seen that one yet but there are other good Aussie series out there as well - Rake is worth a look, New Zealand also has some good ones. enjoyed the Brokenwood mysteries

Just put on Kaleidoscope on Netflix, it’s a TV show about a heist where the episodes get played to you in a random order except for the last one.

Just put on Kaleidoscope on Netflix, it’s a TV show about a heist where the episodes get played to you in a random order except for the last one.

This sounds interesting. It's got Gus in it and all. Did you like it?